Page 27 of 271 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda wasn't really caught up in the movie rights for the cartoons or movies. Fox and Marvel could use her. What kept her from EMH was the show was cancelled. What kept her from Avengers Assemble is at the time they were pushing the originals from the first movie. And only added a couple more here and there. But Wanda wasn't in the movie verse just yet. She did get into the movie verse while the show was still going. But it had already established it's roster by then.
    I think the movie rights were definitely still an issue when you look at how little mass media promotion Wanda was getting compared to other characters at the time, especially before the Fox deal. Even to the point that they altered promotional material for Civil War to not show her in it.

Future seasons of Assemble made sure to include every other MCU Avenger or hero aside from Wanda (and War Machine). When Vision shows up and becomes a main cast member alongside Wasp, who hadn't even actually done anything in the MCU by the time they used her in the cartoons, I think it's pretty clear they were deliberately excluding Scarlet Witch.

If that were true, Wanda would be in cartoons now. The movies have given her a bit more exposure. But not as much as other characters that they always have and still do push more. Keep in mind that she's still not in an ongoing (just the occasional mini). And still hasn't been back on the main Avengers team in 14 years. They tried very haphazzardly with a solo. But gave it a different artist every issue, knowing that hurts books. And then gave up on it. They pulled Wanda out of comics completely a month after they got the rights back from Fox.

It's just Marvel putting in their favorites. She's sadly in the camp with War Machine of being put off to side often.

As for Vision, he's always been included in things that Wanda wasn't. There was a video game called Captain America and the Avengers. Many years ago, before the rights conflict of 2014. It had white Vision in it, from his post ISAAC era. But no Scarlet Witch. Even though they were two of the most popular, most consistent serving Avengers at the time.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-11-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

If that were true, Wanda would be in cartoons now. The movies have given her a bit more exposure. But not as much as other characters that they always have and still do push more. Keep in mind that she's still not in an ongoing (just the occasional mini). And still hasn't been back on the main Avengers team in 14 years. They tried very haphazzardly with a solo. But gave it a different artist every issue, knowing that hurts books. And then gave up on it. They pulled Wanda out of comics completely a month after they got the rights back from Fox.

It's just Marvel putting in their favorites. She's sadly in the camp with War Machine of being put off to side often.
    Sasly, they aren't going to use Wanda unless they want to.

Extraordinary Member

It's a bit of both. At the moment when most characters would get peak MCU synergy, she got less because Marvel was not promoting Fox characters (which included characters like Wanda who they merely had a right to use) as heavily as others, and her absence from the cartoons and the Civil War promo art was almost certainly related to that. It may even explain why her ongoing was not produced by the Avengers office, which "loaned" her to another editor having had no major plans for her themselves.

Now, of course, the Fox thing no longer applies, but she still doesn't get the promotion in part because MCU synergy is no longer as big in the comics as it once was - and yet they may also be putting stories on hold (including a planned X-Men/Magneto story if the Bleeding Cool report is to be believed) while waiting to see where the MCU goes with her.

It just seems like there's always a reason why she isn't getting a push, even now when the MCU is gearing up for the biggest Scarlet Witch push ever.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sasly, they aren't going to use Wanda unless they want to.
    This is the main thing. And it's just confronting that they never really did. So we have to wait and see if her show and DS 2 change that. Because the movies have a bit, but not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's a bit of both. At the moment when most characters would get peak MCU synergy, she got less because Marvel was not promoting Fox characters (which included characters like Wanda who they merely had a right to use) as heavily as others, and her absence from the cartoons and the Civil War promo art was almost certainly related to that. It may even explain why her ongoing was not produced by the Avengers office, which "loaned" her to another editor having had no major plans for her themselves.

Now, of course, the Fox thing no longer applies, but she still doesn't get the promotion in part because MCU synergy is no longer as big in the comics as it once was - and yet they may also be putting stories on hold (including a planned X-Men/Magneto story if the Bleeding Cool report is to be believed) while waiting to see where the MCU goes with her.

It just seems like there's always a reason why she isn't getting a push, even now when the MCU is gearing up for the biggest Scarlet Witch push ever.
    But my point was if it was the Fox rights, then it'd have been different before and after. Because that fight lasted only 5 years. And Wanda has never gotten a big push. They've had the rights for almost a year now. I doubt even now you'd see her get a book and them keep relaunching it, despite bad sales. Only favorites get that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername;4828406[B
    ]If that were true, Wanda would be in cartoons now[/B]. The movies have given her a bit more exposure. But not as much as other characters that they always have and still do push more. Keep in mind that she's still not in an ongoing (just the occasional mini). And still hasn't been back on the main Avengers team in 14 years. They tried very haphazzardly with a solo. But gave it a different artist every issue, knowing that hurts books. And then gave up on it. They pulled Wanda out of comics completely a month after they got the rights back from Fox.

As for Vision, he's always been included in things that Wanda wasn't. There was a video game called Captain America and the Avengers. Many years ago, before the rights conflict of 2014. It had white Vision in it, from his post ISAAC era. But no Scarlet Witch. Even though they were two of the most popular, most consistent serving Avengers at the time.
    But there aren't any currently ongoing cartoons to feature her in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But there aren't any currently ongoing cartoons to feature her in.
    Not at this moment, but there was just the last year. That stuff just ended with the exodus of the old guard. Spidey is the only show right now. There likely will be reboots once Feige's crew gets things going again. We'll see if she makes an appearance. I personally won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Haven't watched the vid, but Wanda looks like Linda Carter right there.

ETA: Watched part of it. Still the same nonsense of them not really getting stuff right about the character. Bleh.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-11-2020 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

Whatever happened to the CBR front page anyway? I remember that when I first joined, they ran lots of interviews with creators, commentary and analysis, and other content that wasn't just the pure fluff that the front page has now. Granted, not all of it was necessary well-written and the Marvel EiC interviews seemed particularly cringey given how obviously they were buttering them up just for access, but at least they made an effort to deliver meaningful content that isn't really there anymore.

Now everything has become clickbait. I can't read a lot of the articles, because they are very inaccurate. I miss the old site.

Not at this moment, but there was just the last year. That stuff just ended with the exodus of the old guard. Spidey is the only show right now. There likely will be reboots once Feige's crew gets things going again. We'll see if she makes an appearance. I personally won't hold my breath.
    I would love to see wanda animated again, but if there was a new Avengers cartoon it would just be Marve;'s favourites again

This is what I think too. Because otherwise she'd be getting a big push. It's been almost a year since the Fox deal. And she's got a show coming at the end of the year. Has been pretty popular among movie fans. And will be in one of the most anticipated movies next year.

Reality is, she's just not one of Marvel's darlings. So she'll get the occasional appearances in comics. Luckily occasional merchandise. But nothing like other characters have gotten. It's just how it is.

"The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki