Page 35 of 271 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I do think they would have let go(somewhat) if she repowered all mutants. But they didn't allow that to happen neither in Children's Crusade nor AvX even though it made perfect sense in both...
    Well, I think the rules of X-Office is probably let mutants(X-side) solve their own problems, which kinda causes the situation where Wanda can never really get to resolve the aftermath of HoM.

If Wanda interacts in the future events with Mutants (i don't know maybe Magik or Storm in the Avengers impyre)

It will be very awkward
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-26-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Unfortunately Hickman is such a slow writer (in terms of building up to stories) that if these Wanda-bashing references are leading up to anything it may not be for a long time. Maybe even after the hype for WandaVision/Multiverse of Madness has died down.

I wouldn't care much if she were in a book regularly but it's a fact that X-Men 7, where she wasn't even physically present, was way, way more significant and talked about than Star #2, where she was on panel. Guest appearances and minis just don't count like being in an ongoing series.
    I don't know if I can expect Hickman to address it when he doesn't seem to care about Wanda one way or another beyond making her an Mutant boogeyman.

It's not like he wrote her at all during his Avengers run, nor any other classic Avengers for that matter.

Maybe it would come up in the eventual clash between the Avengers and X-Men, but Jason Aaron seems to be the one expecting to write part of it and I doubt he'd ever use Wanda.

I don't know why y'all still think the MCU is gonna do her a huge favor. Marvel has decreased movie synergy quite a lot from how it was back in 2012-2015, and even if Disney+ shows are super important it's still a show not a movie. Bucky and Sam are only getting a #5 issues mini. I don't see why the Marvel office who doesn't give a **** about Wanda would give her any more than that.

She's not only getting her own show, but she will be in Dr Strange 2 as well

Currently i prefer her being hyped in the MCU rather than comics since comics are making 0 noise outside of people who read comics

I don't know why y'all still think the MCU is gonna do her a huge favor. Marvel has decreased movie synergy quite a lot from how it was back in 2012-2015, and even if Disney+ shows are super important it's still a show not a movie. Bucky and Sam are only getting a #5 issues mini. I don't see why the Marvel office who doesn't give a **** about Wanda would give her any more than that.
    I think the huge favor the MCU is doing her is keeping her around and relevant, on-top of featuring her in a lead role. Sure it's a series and not a movie but they're being treated as being on the same level as the movies.

Maybe we'll just get a mini-series out of it but that would still be something that keeps comic Wanda in the public eye.

Plus she's getting more merchandise than she ever had. She has more fans than she ever had. It's doing her a huge favor.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

We've got a whole Eternals movie coming up before WandaVision and there has barely been a peep in the comics. I'm sure there will be something for them and something for Wanda a little later, but it ain't like it used to be when Hickman was forced to use all the 2012 movie Avengers on his lineup, even Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the huge favor the MCU is doing her is keeping her around and relevant, on-top of featuring her in a lead role. Sure it's a series and not a movie but they're being treated as being on the same level as the movies.

Maybe we'll just get a mini-series out of it but that would still be something that keeps comic Wanda in the public eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Plus she's getting more merchandise than she ever had. She has more fans than she ever had. It's doing her a huge favor.
    Yes of course. I'm super excited about the merchandise, the games tie-ins, etc. I meant it won't do her favors as in getting a push in the comics.

Yes of course. I'm super excited about the merchandise, the games tie-ins, etc. I meant it won't do her favors as in getting a push in the comics.
    She was almost out of comics completely before she was in the movies, so that's an easy one. She got a solo book for the first time since the 90s.

She was almost out of comics completely before she was in the movies, so that's an easy one. She got a solo book for the first time since the 90s.
    Not really? She was a regular in Uncanny Avengers since 2012 already. While Age of Ultron was in 2015.

Not really? She was a regular in Uncanny Avengers since 2012 already. While Age of Ultron was in 2015.
    She was killed in UA. Then brought back six months later. Then disappeared for a bit again except for appearances. UA was another X-fan wank thing.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-26-2020 at 08:46 PM.

She was killed in UA. Then brought back six months later. Then disappeared for a bit again except for appearances. UA was another X-fan wank thing.
    She was brought back in 2011 and shortly after was a regular member on a book. She was not "almost out of comics completely" before the MCU. And after the MCU, yeah she got a solo but I think it's been said that Robinson pitched that and they just let him write it, it wasn't editorial's idea. And the next comic she appeared on was UA... When it was already ending(even though she could be doing double duty and be there since the beginning), and now that we know Zub is a fan and includes her on stuff every chance he gets, I'm not sure if it was anyone's idea but his either...

Extraordinary Member

I think it seemed like after AvX she was a big presence in the comics again for a few months, then Uncanny Avengers turned into this weird alternate-reality thing that was completely separate from the rest of the Marvel universe and she kind of faded away after that. Possibly she was tripped up in whatever happened when Rick Remender left, but it does seem like she's one of those characters who just gets left out of everything for months on end, even after the MCU. Remember during Secret Wars she wasn't in anything except that dopey House of M comic?

She's a bit like the Black Knight, who pops up randomly (remember when he had his own solo around the time of ANAD?) and then falls back into limbo. Probably not a coincidence they're both in Zub's Empyre tie-in as characters who have a big MCU thing coming but aren't important enough to feature in anything important.

She was brought back in 2011 and shortly after was a regular member on a book. She was not "almost out of comics completely" before the MCU. And after the MCU, yeah she got a solo but I think it's been said that Robinson pitched that and they just let him write it, it wasn't editorial's idea. And the next comic she appeared on was UA... When it was already ending(even though she could be doing double duty and be there since the beginning), and now that we know Zub is a fan and includes her on stuff every chance he gets, I'm not sure if it was anyone's idea but his either...
    She wasn't in UA for a time, after she left for a while, they only brought her back when Zub started writing. So she only came in at the very end. She was almost out of comics completely. Save for appearances. Like the AXIS thing. And yes she was gone for a while when they killed her off. But I fail to see what this argument is really about. She got a solo when she was first put in the MCU. The first solo she's had since the 90s. It did good things for her. It added the magic detective stuff. What has being related to Mags or being on the x-side, or even having Wiccan or Speed linked to her ever done for her? Nothing, because they aren't interested in that story. So yes, our only hope is the MCU. Let us have something positive for once. We've dealt with 15 years of this antagonistic bs.