Page 80 of 271 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I read online that filming was completed unlike the Falcon/Winter Soldier one but other posters are saying that isn't true. If it was completed, it would make more sense to release that first since the Falcon/Winter Soldier one didn't finish filming. However, I would absolutely love if Wanda/Vision would be the first Disney+ Marvel show because it would get more publicity than if it is the second one.
    I think WandaVision will HAVE to come after the Falcon and the Winter Soldier because I think WandaVision will reveal spoilers about the Falcon and the Winter Soldier. These shows are being aired in chronological order and are part of an interconnected universe. So, I think it will be unlikely they will switch the order of broadcast.

I am an X-Men fan mostly but I barely consider Wanda an X-Men character besides her roles in Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men: Evolution. And frankly, she's much better off away from all that especially with the current direction of the X-Men. It doesn't help that most X-Fans crucify her and in the X-Boards there are constant threads about how Wanda needs to pay so I say keep her as far away as possible from that whole fandom.

I do hope she becomes a mutant again in the comics because that was a stupid retcon and she's been a mutant since her first ever appearance. The Magneto parentage being retconned away doesn't bother me because it was a retcon of a retcon and John Byrne never even wanted for the characters to be aware of it. The Magneto connection has only hurt the character in the long run and she's proven popular enough without needing a connection to him thanks to the MCU now.

I'm not a huge fan of Simon Williams but reading more material with him and Wanda has made him grow on me. I doubt he'll ever be introduced into the MCU but maybe Wanda/Vision could establish that in Wanda's perfect world, Vision is a human named Simon Williams. Or Vision has a human brother who is Simon, the cool uncle to the kids.
    Yeah, sometimes the pro-mutant crowd here can be pretty toxic. But I can understand their point of view and sympathize with them. Aren't the X-Men kind of in a hot mess right now and living a bizarre, hedonistic existence somewhere? Pretty soon it looks like they'll have a Lord of the Flies situation on their hands. I also get why X-fans want the Magneto connection maintained. It would add an intriguing aspect to her character in many ways. But I feel it would be almost an ENTIRELY a negative one. That's been proven time and time again.

I do like Simon, but I totally understand why the MCU left him off the Avengers roster. As I stated previously, all the MAIN characters in the comics who have played roles in Wanda's and Vision's lives, should be honored in this series. And that might mean cameos. I think it would be great if Simon Williams appears as a friendly neighbor, Home Improvement style (with just his hat showing). But wouldn't one of Ultron's murderbots be a more likely candidate to be Vision's brother, though? Maybe they didn't destroy all of them. I even think it would be cool if Ultron shows up somehow in a comedic way. Besides the announced supporting cast, I think it's possible Pietro might have a MUCH bigger role than people anticipate. We have to see. I just think it would be really funny if Marvel "poached" their storyline for the show from DC's For the Man Who Has Everything. Now THAT would be ironic!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-04-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, sometimes the pro-mutant crowd here can be pretty toxic. But I can understand their point of view and sympathize with them. Aren't the X-Men kind of in a hot mess right now and living a bizarre, hedonistic existence somewhere? Pretty soon it looks like they'll have a Lord of the Flies situation on their hands. I also get why X-fans want the Magneto connection maintained. It would add an intriguing aspect to her character in many ways. But I feel it would be almost an ENTIRELY a negative one. That's been proven time and time again.

I do like Simon, but I totally understand why the MCU left him off the Avengers roster. As I stated previously, all the MAIN characters in the comics who have played roles in Wanda's and Vision's lives, should be honored in this series. And that might mean cameos. I think it would be great if Simon Williams appears as a friendly neighbor, Home Improvement style (with just his hat showing). Wouldn't one of Ultron's murderbots be a more likely candidate to be Vision's uncle, though? Maybe they didn't destroy all of them. I even think it would be cool if Ultron shows up somehow in a comedic way. Besides the announced supporting cast, I think it's possible Pietro might have a MUCH bigger role than people anticipate. We have to see. I just think it would be really funny if Marvel "poached" their storyline for the show from DC's For the Man Who Has Everything. Now THAT would be ironic!
    While Simon is important to Vision origin in the comics. I'm not sure about having the person who destroyed their marriage in the comics appearing in a series that's (supposed to be) celebrating it. Even if it would mean missing out on an appearance from Nathan Fillion

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    While Simon is important to Vision origin in the comics. I'm not sure about having the person who destroyed their marriage in the comics appearing in a series that's (supposed to be) celebrating it. Even if it would mean missing out on an appearance from Nathan Fillion
    Ha! I didn't do a good job of getting my point across. I meant Simon Williams can be "re-imagined" as an older affable dude who dispenses folksy advice to Vision across a shared fence like Wilson did to Tim on Home Improvement. Totally not a threat to Wanda's and Vision's relationship. That way Wonder Man fans can finally say "our guy got into the MCU"! Just a bit of a nod to the comic books. And whoever's portraying him would definitely NOT be Nathan Fillion.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-04-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Should probably use the name Victor Shade though. So probably just an uncle or friend.
    True, Victor Shade makes more sense as an alias overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, also there is the fact that Jessica is also tied to Wundagore, High Evolutionary, Morgan Le Fay, etc.
    I would like to see Victoria Montesi though, she is the protaganist of 90s Darkhold run, and technically a "daughter" of Chthon, which would sorta in a weird way makes her Wanda's "sister".
    They met for like once and pretty much all they do is hair pulling each other. I wish to see more.
    I forgot that Jessica and Wanda actually have a shared origin of sorts, not to mention the Morgan Le Fay connection. In Jessica's original run, she used to fight a lot of supernatural villains so there's an easy connect between the two. I'm not familiar with Victoria and will have to look her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I got the impression that Wanda and Carol didn't really get along (based on the snippy exchange about Carol's day-drinking and Wanda's ice cream 'go straight to your thighs'), and never really saw much of a chance for her and Jessica Drew to interact.

Wanda and Janet, as the two first Avengers ladies, should perhaps have more of an 'old guard' relationship, regarding everyone else, even long-timers like She-Hulk, Black Widow and Monica Rambeau, as kind of 'the new blood.' Wanda isn't a founding Avenger, like Janet, but then again, neither is *Captain America,* and he's far more of an iconic Avenger than Hulk...

As a result, I've always thought that Janet and Wanda had an understated friendship, based on their long experience working together (and individually working with the same group of guys, which gives them a lot in common).

It must be interesting to Wanda (and Janet) to see how various other people regard being an Avenger, something that has occupied so much of their lives, and been their sole focus (as neither of them have flirted with other teams, but been primarily Avengers exclusive). "I'm an Avenger, except when I'm off being an Inhuman moon princess, or marrying and divorcing your brother..." "I'm an Avenger, when I'm not living the life of a high-powered attorney, or filling in for Ben, in the Fantastic Four..." She might wonder, quietly, if some of these come-and-go sorts might have a wee bit of trouble *committing* to this life they've all chosen.
    I must have missed those exchanges. Did they come from the 90s Kurt Busiek run? I just remember they seemed fairly close in the first George Perez run in the early 80s and after the Avengers 200 debacle, Wanda really took Carol's pain to her heart and felt she had betrayed her friend. And in Avengers Disassembled, Carol refused to believe that Wanda was responsible for everything. She did disown her as a friend after learning the truth but in the epilogue issue, the others remind Carol that Wanda would have forgiven her and she does end up toasting Wanda at the end. In House of M, Carol stood alongside the other Avengers in protecting Wanda and also in Children's Crusade even though I don't remember her getting any notable moment in either series when it comes to her feelings for Wanda. But in AvX0, she did try and bring Wanda back home to the Avengers Mansion and was pissed when Vision rejected her.

Janet and Wanda were friends from what I've read but Janet always seemed closer She-Hulk and Sue Storm, especially in the mid-80s when the FF and Avengers would crossover a lot. Wanda may not be a founding Avenger but she's the second female Avenger and that's true even in the MCU. And you're right that a lot of the Avengers were solo characters first so they had their own lives outside of the Avengers. Wanda even mentioned that she and Vision were one of the few whose lives revolved entirely around the Avengers which prompted their departure.

I do like Simon, but I totally understand why the MCU left him off the Avengers roster. As I stated previously, all the MAIN characters in the comics who have played roles in Wanda's and Vision's lives, should be honored in this series. And that might mean cameos. I think it would be great if Simon Williams appears as a friendly neighbor, Home Improvement style (with just his hat showing). But wouldn't one of Ultron's murderbots be a more likely candidate to be Vision's brother, though? Maybe they didn't destroy all of them. I even think it would be cool if Ultron shows up somehow in a comedic way. Besides the announced supporting cast, I think it's possible Pietro might have a MUCH bigger role than people anticipate. We have to see. I just think it would be really funny if Marvel "poached" their storyline for the show from DC's For the Man Who Has Everything. Now THAT would be ironic!
    Honestly even as an X-Fan, I can barely sympathize with the X-Fandom. All they care about is lifting Cyclops as their mutant savior and branding any Avenger or Inhuman who opposed him (Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Medusa, Wanda, etc.) as a villain who needs to be crucified or burnt at the stake. Which were Cyclops' words exactly in Children's Crusade when it came to Wanda. Nevermind how toxic the X-Characters have become. I believe Storm should have led the team the whole time instead of Cyclops and she would have found a more peaceful solution and could have allied mutants with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the Inhumans unlike mutant terrorist Cyclops. Wanda literally didn't appear in X-Books since her original Brotherhood days until the 90s Bloodties crossover and then again in Onslaught. It's funny how they hail Magneto and his successor Cyclops but claim to want Wanda back while despising the character and creating thread after thread to display their hatred of her.

A Simon cameo in Wanda/Vision would be great since I don't expect anything more than that for him. Maybe a role as a neighbor like you said with him as a budding movie star. I like the idea of Simon being an Ultron bot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That has too be one of the laziest and worst covers I have ever seen

Also, I shocked that Marvel are deciding to celebrate Wanda and Vision's relationship by also reprinting the story that destroyed it
    The cover is fine; the contents of the book are terrible
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Honestly even as an X-Fan, I can barely sympathize with the X-Fandom. All they care about is lifting Cyclops as their mutant savior and branding any Avenger or Inhuman who opposed him (Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Medusa, Wanda, etc.) as a villain who needs to be crucified or burnt at the stake. Which were Cyclops' words exactly in Children's Crusade when it came to Wanda. Nevermind how toxic the X-Characters have become. I believe Storm should have led the team the whole time instead of Cyclops and she would have found a more peaceful solution and could have allied mutants with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the Inhumans unlike mutant terrorist Cyclops. Wanda literally didn't appear in X-Books since her original Brotherhood days until the 90s Bloodties crossover and then again in Onslaught. It's funny how they hail Magneto and his successor Cyclops but claim to want Wanda back while despising the character and creating thread after thread to display their hatred of her.

A Simon cameo in Wanda/Vision would be great since I don't expect anything more than that for him. Maybe a role as a neighbor like you said with him as a budding movie star. I like the idea of Simon being an Ultron bot as well.
    I'm confused. When I was reading comic books twenty years ago, the X-Men were dedicated to peaceful co-existence and mutual understanding between humans and mutants. A lot of times they failed, but their hearts were always in the right place and they did the best they could. But from what I am hearing from you, it appears that the X-Men have degenerated into a CULT bound by a hateful ideology. They sound more like the Evil Brotherhood of Mutants! You also make it sound like they are just as fanatical as many of the hate groups and people that have traditionally opposed them as well. I'm also shocked that they live in such decadent circumstances. I only have one question to ask: Can the X-Men even be considered traditional superheroes anymore? They don't sound like they're positive role models any longer, apparently.

I think a Simon Williams (not Wonder Man) cameo would be funny. But I think it would be hilarious if he is a washed-up, curmudgeonly failed actor who still has dreams of success despite getting on in years. But I would oppose him being a potential love interest for Wanda because it would interfere with Wanda's and Vision's story. There's a really good chance that this is Vision's last hurrah in the MCU and I want to see him portrayed in the best light possible. Same thing with Quicksilver. I think the MCU will give both of them wonderful send-offs because I don't believe they're surviving this series. And as much as I LOVE Vision and Quicksilver, I believe in order for the MCU to work and remain viable, all deaths in it must remain PERMANENT.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-04-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm confused. When I was reading comic books twenty years, the X-Men were dedicated to peaceful co-existence and mutual understanding between humans and mutants. A lot of times they failed, but their hearts were always in the right place and they did the best they could. But from what I am hearing from you, it appears that the X-Men have degenerated into a CULT bound by a hateful ideology. They sound more like the Evil Brotherhood of Mutants! You also make it sound like they are just as fanatical as many of the hate groups and people that have traditionally opposed them as well. I'm also shocked that they live in such decadent circumstances. I only have one question to ask: Can the X-Men even be considered traditional superheroes anymore? They don't sound like they're positive role models any longer, apparently.
    These are not the X-men you grew up with, I'm half expecting them to be revealed to be plant clones created from Krakoa. The X-men are government agents and politicians now. Given how they reacted to the Fantastic Four it's going to be fireworks when they get around to Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    These are not the X-men you grew up with, I'm half expecting them to be revealed to be plant clones created from Krakoa. The X-men are government agents and politicians now. Given how they reacted to the Fantastic Four it's going to be fireworks when they get around to Scarlet Witch.
    This is shocking news to me! I recall the X-Men being a pretty idealistic and hopeful bunch, but from what you're saying they seem more interested in political intrigue and power politics now. Above all it seems the X-Men have become really cynical and self-serving. Are readers happy with this change? It just seems so at odds with their historical portrayal!

I'm confused. When I was reading comic books twenty years ago, the X-Men were dedicated to peaceful co-existence and mutual understanding between humans and mutants. A lot of times they failed, but their hearts were always in the right place and they did the best they could. But from what I am hearing from you, it appears that the X-Men have degenerated into a CULT bound by a hateful ideology. They sound more like the Evil Brotherhood of Mutants! You also make it sound like they are just as fanatical as many of the hate groups and people that have traditionally opposed them as well. I'm also shocked that they live in such decadent circumstances. I only have one question to ask: Can the X-Men even be considered traditional superheroes anymore? They don't sound like they're positive role models any longer, apparently.

I think a Simon Williams (not Wonder Man) cameo would be funny. But I think it would be hilarious if he is a washed-up, curmudgeonly failed actor who still has dreams of success despite getting on in years. But I would oppose him being a potential love interest for Wanda because it would interfere with Wanda's and Vision's story. There's a really good chance that this is Vision's last hurrah in the MCU and I want to see him portrayed in the best light possible. Same thing with Quicksilver. I think the MCU will give both of them wonderful send-offs because I don't believe they're surviving this series. And as much as I LOVE Vision and Quicksilver, I believe in order for the MCU to work and remain viable, all deaths in it must remain PERMANENT.
    The X-Men of today are nothing like the X-Men of the Chris Claremont days. Membership in the team now includes not just Magneto, but also Mystique, Mr. Sinister, Exodus, Selene, and Apocalypse of all people. You know the franchise has reached a new low when Apocalypse is one of the major leaders of the team, working hand in hand with Professor X and Magneto. The ideology is that any mutant, no matter if they were an evil mutant, is welcome and the past is completely forgiven. They really do operate like a brainwashed cult and what's worse is that Cyclops flat out told the Fantastic Four that Franklin doesn't belong with them and they'll be coming to get him since mutants need to be with other mutants. And X-Fans are loving all of this and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that X-Fans are so antagonistic towards characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and now even the Fantastic Four. If the fandom is so isolated and so insular, no wonder the franchise has gone in the same direction.

My fear is that Vision and Pietro will only briefly be brought back by Wanda's power and then killed off/wiped out of existence again by the show's end. I have no issues with them staying around for good because Quicksilver never should have been killed off instead of Hawkeye and certain "dead" characters like Loki are returning. Not to mention, I've heard Marvel was so thrilled with audience reception to Thanos that they plan on bringing him back as a hero in the future. And as long as the major characters with sacrifices that resonated throughout the MCU (like Iron Man, Gamora, and Black Widow) remain dead, I don't see a problem with letting characters who weren't as major come back to life. It's not like the MCU isn't willing to cheat death in its own way since even Gamora is sorta back with an alternate version of her sticking around.

Fantastic Member

Vision saving Wanda from Chthon (not some random mid-level boss like Mephisto) hrough sheer love, would be the perfect swansong. Even death not stopping him from coming to her aid at her darkest hour. I think they will make up for his passivity in the movies by having him go out like a boss, and helping Wanda to become the Scarlet Witch

IMHO it's a fragment of Vision we see in WandaVision. When Wanda touched the cradle in AoU she said "he's dreaming", that's intriguing given the Russo Brothers comments about Wanda's magic being connected to her "inner life". I think a fragment of Vision returned to Wanda's "inner life" after the mind stone was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The cover is fine; the contents of the book are terrible
    The cover is terrible. It just photoshopped the two of them in odd poses from different books, instead of using something that is at least well posed. The art looks vastly different and clashes too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Vision saving Wanda from Chthon (not some random mid-level boss like Mephisto) hrough sheer love, would be the perfect swansong. Even death not stopping him from coming to her aid at her darkest hour. I think they will make up for his passivity in the movies by having him go out like a boss, and helping Wanda to become the Scarlet Witch

IMHO it's a fragment of Vision we see in WandaVision. When Wanda touched the cradle in AoU she said "he's dreaming", that's intriguing given the Russo Brothers comments about Wanda's magic being connected to her "inner life". I think a fragment of Vision returned to Wanda's "inner life" after the mind stone was destroyed.
    I don't want to see another story of Wanda needing saved for a while. They wore that out with how many times they've had her possessed or manipulated in the 616. Them fighting together would be nice though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.