Page 88 of 271 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4051
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think Hank is one of those characters that will always forever be known as the creator of Ultron and for hitting Janet. The reason that a character like Loki can be redeemed for killing someone popular is because death is hardly permanent in Marvel, and Coulson himself ended up coming back so that further reduces the consequences of Loki's actions. Domestic abuse is a little less common in comics and harder to digest. I like the inventor characters you listed and I would add Hank McCoy to that list as well, especially since he took Xavier's place in the Illuminati.
    Hank deserves ridicule for the domestic abuse, but the blame for Ultron isn't his. He intended it to have a good purpose like Vision, not making a murderbot. He was the first victim of Ultron! The first act it did was erase his memories of it to cover its tracks so it can conquer the world without alarming the Avengers of its presence.

Beast's covering up killing humans in X-Force, maybe he'll be retconned into Dark Beast before he becomes another Hank Pym. [quote]

I forgot about damsel in distress MJ. I don't think Wanda will be like that though. I wonder if they'll try and portray a romance between her and Stephen Strange though especially if Vision is permanently dead after Wanda/Vision and Wanda realizes she must move on. For that matter, I wonder if Stephen will pop up in Wanda/Vision.
    MJ isn't helpless, she's KO'd the Chameleon with baseball bat when he pretended to be her husband.

The Trial of Wanda storyline could be interesting and there's precedent for it between the trial of Yellowjacket/Hank Pym and Jean Grey periodically gets one of these from the Shi'ar. However, I don't think we need to bring all that messy stuff from Wanda's life up again especially because X-Fans will never be content until she's fully "convicted" and punished. If she's exonerated and proved guiltless, they'll just hate her more and claim all of Marvel is against them and start to attack Daredevil, She-Hulk, and whoever else they blame.
    It shouldn't be for them, it should be for her fans and the Avengers fans. They'll hate her anyway while giving Mr. Sinister a pass. I'd love for Marvel to put characters like Cyclops on the stand and have a lawyer, like Murdock, dismantle him by bringing up how he personally told Wanda not to re power mutants, as well as trying to kill her with the X-men during Children's Crusade, as well as comparing how he acted when he and Jean were possessed by the Phoenix. They could make a mini-series just about people on trial without the super-heroes aspects and I'd buy it if it's written correctly.

I haven't read anything about Steve rejecting Wanda. I think their relationship never progressed because they ended up together right before Avengers Disassembled so she was written off then. And a What If? showed that Steve was responsible for M-Day and it was his idea to get Wanda to use her powers to make the world a better place for superheroes alike. To be fair, Xavier has had his own mental breakdowns such as in the Phoenix Saga (when he goes crazy for a fill-in issue) and then that was really brought to the surface for Onslaught. I guess Doom is already evil so he doesn't need to be anymore crazy but I've never seen Stephen Strange get a story like that. Green Lantern in DC (the Hal Jordan one) had a storyline where he was corrupted and became evil though.
    Xavier needs to be held to account for failing Wanda as a mentor in that time period, it was hardly his best showing as a therapist and everyone forgets how deep he was with containing Wanda. Nobody blames him for failing her when she needed help.

Speaking of therapists how the writers have acknowledged the mental struggles characters would realistically have with being possessed and controlled by powerful forces with Wanda, but this has had the opposite effect by making her look crazy when others who should be showing these same symptoms like Cyclops and Jean don't have anywhere near the psychological affects when they really should. Cyclops was possessed by Apocalypse, as well. He should be in a more fragile mental state then Wanda, fighting depression like she does. This has the unfortunate side effect of making her look mentally fragile and them walking away strong mentally.

Mind control is fine but when it becomes a defining characteristic of a character (like Polaris in Chris Claremont's X-Men run), then it's become a problem. I don't mind Wanda becoming demonically possessed in Wanda/Vision but they shouldn't overdo it for future stories like they did in the comics (between John Byrne's first run on Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Avengers Disassembled/House of M, Secret Empire, etc.)
    Wanda's never been mind controlled in House of M, th power overwhelmed her and she had the added pressure by people wanting to kill and manipulation by others.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5I1acsWptw
    It never fail to amaze how some Youtubers can just tie random things together without knowing the basic lore of what they are saying.
    Darkhold comics is connected to WandaVision shows! WandaVision will have Doom and Mephisto, and all this without a single mention of Chthon, do they even know what they are talking about?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Streets saying Mephisto might be the villain in WandaVision

0 hopes for chthon
    Grace Randolph said that Paparazzis got pictures of Evan Peters on the set of WandaVision and that's why people are speculating he is Mephisto now. Has anyone seen those pictures at all? I don't actually trust Grace Randolph, so I would like to see it for myself. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Ahh, I still thnk Mephisto is very overrated and overused, and not really a unique villain to Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ahh, I still thnk Mephisto is very overrated and overused, and not really a unique villain to Wanda.
    He's not even a great villain, he's just a macguffin for lazy Marvel writers

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Hank deserves ridicule for the domestic abuse, but the blame for Ultron isn't his. He intended it to have a good purpose like Vision, not making a murderbot. He was the first victim of Ultron! The first act it did was erase his memories of it to cover its tracks so it can conquer the world without alarming the Avengers of its presence.

Beast's covering up killing humans in X-Force, maybe he'll be retconned into Dark Beast before he becomes another Hank Pym.

It is still amazing that Hank gets constantly refered to as a wife-beater and Spider-man doesn't

MJ isn't helpless, she's KO'd the Chameleon with baseball bat when he pretended to be her husband.

That was amazing.

It shouldn't be for them, it should be for her fans and the Avengers fans. They'll hate her anyway while giving Mr. Sinister a pass. I'd love for Marvel to put characters like Cyclops on the stand and have a lawyer, like Murdock, dismantle him by bringing up how he personally told Wanda not to re power mutants, as well as trying to kill her with the X-men during Children's Crusade, as well as comparing how he acted when he and Jean were possessed by the Phoenix. They could make a mini-series just about people on trial without the super-heroes aspects and I'd buy it if it's written correctly.

Bucky's trial was done really well, if Wanda got something like that it would be very good. Also I am stilling waiting for Wanda or someone to call the X-men out on the whole Crucible idea.

Xavier needs to be held to account for failing Wanda as a mentor in that time period, it was hardly his best showing as a therapist and everyone forgets how deep he was with containing Wanda. Nobody blames him for failing her when she needed help.

Speaking of therapists how the writers have acknowledged the mental struggles characters would realistically have with being possessed and controlled by powerful forces with Wanda, but this has had the opposite effect by making her look crazy when others who should be showing these same symptoms like Cyclops and Jean don't have anywhere near the psychological affects when they really should. Cyclops was possessed by Apocalypse, as well. He should be in a more fragile mental state then Wanda, fighting depression like she does. This has the unfortunate side effect of making her look mentally fragile and them walking away strong mentally.

Comics want to shy away from mental health and seem to go by the outmodded idea that going to therapy makes you weak. Wanda and Nadia are about the only two characters I can think of that actually go to therapy
    Responses in bold

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Grace Randolph said that Paparazzis got pictures of Evan Peters on the set of WandaVision and that's why people are speculating he is Mephisto now. Has anyone seen those pictures at all? I don't actually trust Grace Randolph, so I would like to see it for myself. LOL
    I don't trust Grace. She's still trying to say misleading stuff about the BoP movie, even though the director told her that she's full of it. Grace is all drama.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

But the rumors are from Charles Murphy and he said he didn't know the character if it's true that Evans was around in the set.

Meh, I think this is a case of lowkey clickbait honestly. The video with all the panels is from ages ago and it also has stuff from Vision & The Scarlet Witch, Tom King's Vision, etc.

Yeah we knew about this months ago but i just wanted share what the locals think

Who Is The Silver Sorceress, DC's Answer To Scarlet Witch?
    https://www.cbr.com/who-silver-sorce...ampaign=CBR-TW

Apparently they're having a dinner in WandaVision

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/statu...005239809?s=09

Apparently they're having a dinner in WandaVision

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/statu...005239809?s=09
    Given the thanksgiving dinner is one of the memorable moments of Vision and Scarlet Witch second series, I'm not surprised there would be a homage to it

But the rumors are from Charles Murphy and he said he didn't know the character if it's true that Evans was around in the set.
    And like I said earlier, there are scoops he has that are right, and ones that are off. And he has said himself it's all rumor. Grace is saying there are pictures, not just that it's a rumor. And Grace is a little out there, so not gonna take her word. The word I will take is Marvel's. When they get around to saying more about the show. I don't feel informed or excited about rumors. Because I'm too old for that, and most of the time, things like that don't turn out the way it's rumored.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.