Page 184 of 271 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4051
  1. #2746
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    875

    Default

    I think most of us Wanda stans are worried about the Mutant inclusion and the youtube theories doesn't help but at least it brings hype and more people who are curius about the show

    I know all of them will get clowned once the show arrives, let's be honest this is just a series (with high budget for the Standard series) y'all really think they will pull a Reverse No More mutants or whatever for a show? It doesn't make any sense, i believe they will include them in a more logical way in the future and not so hasty after all the x-men movie fiascos from Fox

    As i said they will take some things from HoM like the cubes, like almost everyone said it seems like someone is messing Wanda and WandaVision will end up with a sad final but then she will join Strange somehow, i doubt she's a villain for that movie as well.

    Also even Bendis tweeted something like the Wine with M was a reference from his HoM comic mess

    I stand by my point that the series is more about her connection with real witchcraf taking things from varius comics
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-26-2020 at 01:55 AM.

  2. #2747
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Kevin Feige has been clear about bringing the X-men on different movies and series before doing their own movie, just like they did for the Avengers it´s a good commercial tactic and allows storytelling space to properly tell the X-men story on the MCU. I think most of these youtube rumors are made by fans who just like to make theories.

    I don´t think Wanda fans should worry wheter the X-men are or not are on the MCU, their story will be told and hers will be told, anything else is just bad rep of both sides from the situation in the comics but the MCU doesn´t follow the comics, it takes parts and ideas from it but it´s a completely different universe. I think Hank Pym for example has been threated a lot better there than he has been in the comics for years.

    So no, WandaVision is going to be about Wanda and Vision life on the suburbs and maybe that story where Vision was put together wrong, as well as the beggning of the story for the twins. At most I think some mutants will be working for SWORD just like Luke Cage was on the first Thor movie, but not much else and their presence there is no wrong either imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-26-2020 at 02:10 AM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  3. #2748
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    875

    Default

    We're not worried for them they will arrive eventually (i'm waiting for Jean), we're worried about her being used to bring or "find" them in the MCU, more like we don't want the show to have any mutant conection since it just brings bad memories to most of us. (Most of us since there are a lot of Wanda fans or Marvel fans who want her to be a mutant again)

  4. #2749
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    470

    Default

    From all the reaction videos to the trailer I have seen so far, this one is the funniest to me:


    One may skip the part where she watches the trailer, she doesn’t say anything during that.

  5. #2750
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    I'm personally not worried about the mutants thing, which is almost certainly just a fan theory based on House of M being the most famous story she was in. I'm more worried that the House of M influence will lead them to make her crazy or become an antagonist. It doesn't seem likely that the MCU would do that to her because they're more protective of characters than the comics are, but you never know for sure.

  6. #2751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Kevin Feige has been clear about bringing the X-men on different movies and series before doing their own movie, just like they did for the Avengers it´s a good commercial tactic and allows storytelling space to properly tell the X-men story on the MCU. I think most of these youtube rumors are made by fans who just like to make theories.

    I don´t think Wanda fans should worry wheter the X-men are or not are on the MCU, their story will be told and hers will be told, anything else is just bad rep of both sides from the situation in the comics but the MCU doesn´t follow the comics, it takes parts and ideas from it but it´s a completely different universe. I think Hank Pym for example has been threated a lot better there than he has been in the comics for years.

    So no, WandaVision is going to be about Wanda and Vision life on the suburbs and maybe that story where Vision was put together wrong, as well as the beggning of the story for the twins. At most I think some mutants will be working for SWORD just like Luke Cage was on the first Thor movie, but not much else and their presence there is no wrong either imo.
    We just don't want Wanda being the catalyst for it. We want Wanda to have her thing and mutants to have their thing. I fully expect future phases to be mostly mutants.
    Was Curlytop

  7. #2752
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    We're not worried for them they will arrive eventually (i'm waiting for Jean), we're worried about her being used to bring or "find" them in the MCU, more like we don't want the show to have any mutant conection since it just brings bad memories to most of us. (Most of us since there are a lot of Wanda fans or Marvel fans who want her to be a mutant again)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We just don't want Wanda being the catalyst for it. We want Wanda to have her thing and mutants to have their thing. I fully expect future phases to be mostly mutants.
    I understand but this is the same reason why I don´t think this will happen, the X-men and mutants main narrative is about a people that are persecuted and feared across the world for their powers, they are supposed to have been around in the world for a while if Wanda is the one who "brings them from the multiverse" doesn´t really help stablish the X-men main narrative, like say what you will about the MCU but for the most part they worry abour including the main themes that make the characters unique and their own thing.

    Also we have to remember Feige already had some movie moments he wanted to include to make references to mutants, with Fury and Cap America, this means he has long been thinking about how to bring them into the main MCU universe and this doesn´t have anything to do with Wanda at all.

    I think the only reason some fans think this will be a reverse end of HoM is because that would be a narrative irony but this only would make sense for people who are familiar with the comics, for the movie audience it will not make sense at all to see Wanda bring the X-men into the MCU, because there is no relationship at all between each other as far as they know. The MCU does include themes for the comic fans but they also try to make the story easy to follow for people unfamiliar with the comics.

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm personally not worried about the mutants thing, which is almost certainly just a fan theory based on House of M being the most famous story she was in. I'm more worried that the House of M influence will lead them to make her crazy or become an antagonist. It doesn't seem likely that the MCU would do that to her because they're more protective of characters than the comics are, but you never know for sure.
    Agreed I think this is a bigger possibility all will depend on how her series ends and her relationship with Dr Strange on the multiverse of madness.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  8. #2753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I understand but this is the same reason why I don´t think this will happen, the X-men and mutants main narrative is about a people that are persecuted and feared across the world for their powers, they are supposed to have been around in the world for a while if Wanda is the one who "brings them from the multiverse" doesn´t really help stablish the X-men main narrative, like say what you will about the MCU but for the most part they worry abour including the main themes that make the characters unique and their own thing.

    Also we have to remember Feige already had some movie moments he wanted to include to make references to mutants, with Fury and Cap America, this means he has long been thinking about how to bring them into the main MCU universe and this doesn´t have anything to do with Wanda at all.

    I think the only reason some fans think this will be a reverse end of HoM is because that would be a narrative irony but this only would make sense for people who are familiar with the comics, for the movie audience it will not make sense at all to see Wanda bring the X-men into the MCU, because there is no relationship at all between each other as far as they know. The MCU does include themes for the comic fans but they also try to make the story easy to follow for people unfamiliar with the comics.



    Agreed I think this is a bigger possibility all will depend on how her series ends and her relationship with Dr Strange on the multiverse of madness.
    The one thing I consider is the third Captain America movie was supposedly very different before fans called for Civil War and did it so much that they changed that movie. Not only that but with DC doing BvS, it pushed them further to do that. I don't want them thinking because there is such a demand for Wanda to bring in a world where mutants always existed that it's just what fans want, so give it to them. Because it just would not be good for Wanda or X-fans. That's my fear.

    There is a part of me that hopes they learned from that, but then again the movie still made a ton. I do think Wanda's show will be it's own thing. I just worry about what they'll do in the future beyond that. Because a lot of people on social sites don't read the books, have only seen the panels. And think the Youtube theories would be the best thing ever, and that HoM was a great powerful moment for Wanda and mental illness. And we know it sadly was none of that.
    Was Curlytop

  9. #2754
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The one thing I consider is the third Captain America movie was supposedly very different before fans called for Civil War and did it so much that they changed that movie. Not only that but with DC doing BvS, it pushed them further to do that. I don't want them thinking because there is such a demand for Wanda to bring in a world where mutants always existed that it's just what fans want, so give it to them. Because it just would not be good for Wanda or X-fans. That's my fear.

    There is a part of me that hopes they learned from that, but then again the movie still made a ton. I do think Wanda's show will be it's own thing. I just worry about what they'll do in the future beyond that. Because a lot of people on social sites don't read the books, have only seen the panels. And think the Youtube theories would be the best thing ever, and that HoM was a great powerful moment for Wanda and mental illness. And we know it sadly was none of that.
    I always shake my head at people who claim that House of M was Wanda’s best moment, especially the ones who have actually claimed to have read it. It’s as if they haven’t given much thought to the implications of the much vaunted ‘wiped out mutants with a few words’ feat they’re so enthralled with. I fear the day a House of M movie is made, and being in the audience. The sight of mutants falling out of the sky or suffocating on dry land is going to make a lot of casuals realize just how horrible the act was. I fear that instead of saying it was character assassination, they’ll just join the witch hunt.

    My only hope is if they do, that it will change from being a matter of demonic possession instead of lashing out in a fit of daddy issues, and internal racism, while gutting out the ableism and misogyny.

  10. #2755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I always shake my head at people who claim that House of M was Wanda’s best moment, especially the ones who have actually claimed to have read it. It’s as if they haven’t given much thought to the implications of the much vaunted ‘wiped out mutants with a few words’ feat they’re so enthralled with. I fear the day a House of M movie is made, and being in the audience. The sight of mutants falling out of the sky or suffocating on dry land is going to make a lot of casuals realize just how horrible the act was. I fear that instead of saying it was character assassination, they’ll just join the witch hunt.

    My only hope is if they do, that it will change from being a matter of demonic possession instead of lashing out in a fit of daddy issues, and internal racism, while gutting out the ableism and misogyny.
    I hope that if the MCU ever tackles it, it's nothing like the comics. The cartoons had an episode named after it, but the subject matter was nothing like it. And didn't have Wanda.
    Was Curlytop

  11. #2756
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    Honestly rule of thumb on the mcu, if it's an easter egg shown in a trailer, its there just to generate attention but not reflective of anything

  12. #2757

    Default

    Typically. Because they love their easter eggs that only comics fans understand.
    Was Curlytop

  13. #2758
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Typically. Because they love their easter eggs that only comics fans understand.
    yeah but if it's shown right away crystal clear, its just there to get a buzz wich they achieved since "house of M " trended on twitter for several hours/

  14. #2759
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The one thing I consider is the third Captain America movie was supposedly very different before fans called for Civil War and did it so much that they changed that movie. Not only that but with DC doing BvS, it pushed them further to do that. I don't want them thinking because there is such a demand for Wanda to bring in a world where mutants always existed that it's just what fans want, so give it to them. Because it just would not be good for Wanda or X-fans. That's my fear.

    There is a part of me that hopes they learned from that, but then again the movie still made a ton. I do think Wanda's show will be it's own thing. I just worry about what they'll do in the future beyond that. Because a lot of people on social sites don't read the books, have only seen the panels. And think the Youtube theories would be the best thing ever, and that HoM was a great powerful moment for Wanda and mental illness. And we know it sadly was none of that.
    Civil War was a captain america story at a time the MCU needed a big movie before moving towards infinity war and the Avengers were already established as a team who got together to "deal with crisis no one else could deal with" they already had a number of members so they could afford some fanservice until they were ready for their big story.

    In the case of the X-men the MCU needs to introduce them and do their origin story as individual characters and as a team with a team dynamic and an official mission be it the school or the X-men as a superhero group before going into fanservice territory.

    Yes I agree HoM has been made something it was not by some of the new fans who are not familiar with the comics, those types of minsunderstandings between what´s on the comics and what´s on the movies are the reason why I can´t stand to see the word "cherik" anymore since first class was out but Kevin Feige worked for a while for the Fox X-men movies so he´s familiar with the X-men and their main themes so I don´t really think he will change his plans of slowly introduce the X-men on the MCU just because some fans are attacted to the HoM story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-26-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  15. #2760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Civil War was a captain america story at a time the MCU needed a big movie before moving towards infinity war and the Avengers were already established as a team who got together to "deal with crisis no one else could deal with" they already had a number of members so they could afford some fanservice until they were ready for their big story.

    In the case of the X-men the MCU needs to introduce them and do their origin story as individual characters and as a team with a team dynamic and an official mission be it the school or the X-men as a superhero group before going into fanservice territory.

    Yes I agree HoM has been made something it was not by some of the new fans who are not familiar with the comics, those types of minsunderstandings between what´s on the comics and what´s on the movies are the reason why I can´t stand to see the word "cherik" anymore since first class was out but Kevin Feige worked for a while for the Fox X-men movies so he´s familiar with the X-men and their main themes so I don´t really think he will change his plans of slowly introduce the X-men on the MCU just because some fans are attacted to the HoM story.
    No, that's not true. It was a big event that had Cap in it. But wasn't his story exclusively. The story in the movie was different before they changed it to fit CW. The Russos talked about the changes to it. The fan service ended up being one half of the movie being a minor squabble and the rest was chasing Bucky. It's an ok movie. But it has problems.

    Agreed. X-Men need time and development all their own.
    Was Curlytop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •