Page 65 of 271 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    While the father-son relationship defintely is meant to redeem Vader in the end.
    Luke and Vader actually belong in the same story, they are there for each other's development.
    That being said, Wanda is kinda like Leia in this case, who while being closely connected to her brother, is less affected by her father.
    That's a really interesting take on that relationship. I totally agree with it. The redemption arc was pretty moving actually. The best part of Star Wars, clearly. Perhaps Marvel will work in its own version with Magneto and have him be redeemed as well? Because unlike in the comics, movies and television shows don't have to "keep" villains as villains for use later.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-21-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I think Chthon is more like Wanda's "Ultron", because in both case, the "father/creator" has a clear intention and purpose for their child/creation. While Wanda/Pietro are more like an accident for Magneto.
    Yeah, I concur with your view on this matter. Chthon sort of planned to have this creation (Wanda), while Magneto had more of a "Maury-style" relationship with Wanda and Pietro. I do think it would be funny if Wanda and Vis came home one day and found Ultron playing with the twins in Wandavision. Ultron would then be able to defend his presence in their house by saying that a "fella has a right to see his grandkids, don't he?" Now that would be insane and hilarious at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision image from Tumblr
    Attachment 96855
    Nice work there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do think it's true that Wanda and Pietro no longer being the children of Magneto is not a huge deal to either Wanda or Magneto, but does really impact the much more limited characterization of Pietro.

Wanda's got that whole Chthon thing going on, as well, so Mags isn't always as front-and-center in her personal drama.

So, if anyone is gonna get the 'together, you and I shall rule the galaxy' speech and his hand chopped off for saying no, it's gonna be Pietro.

Edit to add; I love the misspelling Magento almost as much as Rouge. I want Ian McKellen to play this fabulous Magento, who is almost exactly like Magneto, except he's *way* too into his purple cape...
    Ha! That's funny as hell!

I actually don't think it's too likely that Wanda will get a SECOND Disney+ series. The reason why I say this is because Marvel Studios is gonna be probably introducing close to a thousand characters into the MCU in the next decade. A lot of them will need to be introduced via Disney+. She can appear as a supporting character in those series', but I don't think she'll ever again have her own series UNTIL she is leaving the MCU like the Black Widow is. I'm actually really interested in the new She-Hulk series. Mostly because I believe Ruffalo's Banner will be heavily involved. And I think it would be a perfect way to flesh out his character in more detail before Ruffalo's out of the MCU as well. As much as I like Vis and Wanda, the Hulk is a much more important character to the MCU in my view. She-Hulk will probably be like Wandavision in which two lead characters star in the show. Just like Hawkeye and Kate Bishop, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and possibly War Machine and Ironheart. I'm just saying that it's not fair for us Wanda fans to demand more shows for her, when fans of other characters in the MCU are STILL waiting for their respective heroes' turns in the spotlight, you know? Cheadle, Renner and Ruffalo are really good actors, and I think they deserve a chance to shine in their own series and they've been in the MCU longer than Olsen has. And we can't insist on NOT having Polaris, Magneto and Wonder Man in Wandavision because it will interfere in Wanda's and Vis's stories, while demanding that Wanda has a huge role in the Multiverse of Madness at the expense of Dr. Strange's, Clea's and Wong's stories. I think a lot of Dr. Strange fans will be really angry if they use the MoM to bring Quicksilver back to life because he's not part of Dr. Strange's history. I also think the Scarlet Witch is better as part of a team, as opposed to a solo heroine in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I actually don't think it's too likely that Wanda will get a SECOND Disney+ series. The reason why I say this is because Marvel Studios is gonna be probably introducing close to a thousand characters into the MCU in the next decade. A lot of them will need to be introduced via Disney+. She can appear as a supporting character in those series', but I don't think she'll ever again have her own series UNTIL she is leaving the MCU like the Black Widow is. I'm actually really interested in the new She-Hulk series. Mostly because I believe Ruffalo's Banner will be heavily involved. And I think it would be a perfect way to flesh out his character in more detail before Ruffalo's out of the MCU as well. As much as I like Vis and Wanda, the Hulk is a much more important character to the MCU in my view. She-Hulk will probably be like Wandavision in which two lead characters star in the show. Just like Hawkeye and Kate Bishop, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and possibly War Machine and Ironheart. I'm just saying that it's not fair for us Wanda fans to demand more shows for her, when fans of other characters in the MCU are STILL waiting for their respective heroes' turns in the spotlight, you know? Cheadle, Renner and Ruffalo are really good actors, and I think they deserve a chance to shine in their own series and they've been in the MCU longer than Olsen has. And we can't insist on NOT having Polaris, Magneto and Wonder Man in Wandavision because it will interfere in Wanda's and Vis's stories, while demanding that Wanda has a huge role in the Multiverse of Madness at the expense of Dr. Strange's, Clea's and Wong's stories. I think a lot of Dr. Strange fans will be really angry if they use the MoM to bring Quicksilver back to life because he's not part of Dr. Strange's history. I also think the Scarlet Witch is better as part of a team, as opposed to a solo heroine in my opinion.
    We have ever right to demand more Wanda appearance as everyone else has the same right to demand more stuff for their favourite heroes.

Still whether Wanda gets more shows/appearances is going to depend on the success of WandaVision and what happens in DS2

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    We have ever right to demand more Wanda appearance as everyone else has the same right to demand more stuff for their favourite heroes.

Still whether Wanda gets more shows/appearances is going to depend on the success of WandaVision and what happens in DS2
    I think the same.

Wanda will get plenty of appearances in the future. No question about that. But it should not be at the expense of other characters. The MCU is introducing tons of characters. You can demand all you want, but to ask for multiple six hour series for one character is asking for a lot in my view. Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hulk each only got ONE movie and series each. You don't think their fans want more? If they do get them, it will definitely be at the expense of Wanda. It's not about the right to demand. It's about fairness.

Wanda will get plenty of appearances in the future. No question about that. But it should not be at the expense of other characters. The MCU is introducing tons of characters. You can demand all you want, but to ask for multiple six hour series for one character is asking for a lot in my view. Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hulk each only got ONE movie and series each. You don't think their fans want more? If they do get them, it will definitely be at the expense of Wanda. It's not about the right to demand. It's about fairness.
    There is nothing fair in the comics or movie industry. If there was Disassembled and HOM would never have happened. Also do you really think Disney will stop with just one season for each show, I doubt it. Do you really think other fan bases are going to go, "We should stop demanding our hero gets more stuff, so others can?" No they won't.

There is nothing fair in the comics or movie industry. If there was Disassembled and HOM would never have happened. Also do you really think Disney will stop with just one season for each show, I doubt it. Do you really think other fan bases are going to go, "We should stop demanding our hero gets more stuff, so others can?" No they won't.
    I think these are "event" series'. So yeah, I don't think there will be multiple seasons for each character. Wanda will appear in many series and movies in the future. But I don't think she'll headline another Disney+ series on her own. A solo movie is possible though. I totally understand life's not fair. But I agree with Wiccan's earlier post of balancing characters in the MoM like Civil War will make total sense if that's how the movie works out. Fanbases will demand all they want, but I think Feige will definitely try to balance things out as best he can. He owes a lot to guys like Renner, Cheadle and Ruffalo who helped shape the MCU. I think it's just wrong if Dr. Strange has to bring in Pietro back through alternative timelines/dimensions shenanigans to cater to Wanda fans while at the same time those same Wanda fans demand Magneto not show up in Wandavision because it would interfere with THEIR series. I REALLY like Wanda showing up more, but I also think great actors like Cheadle, Ruffalo and Renner have a lot to bring to the table too. Renner will get his chance, but I think the MCU would benefit massively if Ruffalo and Cheadle get opportunities as well. It's not just about fairness to me, it's about respect. If Cheadle hadn't smoothly replaced Howard in the Iron Man movies and Ruffalo hadn't equally skillfully replaced Norton as the Hulk, the MCU might not have survived to the Age of Ultron. You have to remember how precarious the situation was for Marvel Studios a decade ago. Getting those Oscar-nominated actors included in their ranks definitely helped the MCU get on its feet during a touchy period. If Cheadle and Ruffalo hadn't help set up the foundation of the MCU, Wanda and Vision might not have even made it into the movies. So I say if Marvel has stories for them that would fit on Disney+, and that means Wanda gets a LITTLE less time on screen, then I can live with that. The Scarlet Witch has got a bright and long future in the MCU, and the Hulk and War Machine are on their way out. They've been reduced to making some jokes here and there in the movies, and since they helped the MCU get to where it's at now, I do believe they should get proper and respectful send-offs. I think their fans deserve that. I don't know about you and Cruelrain, but I'm grateful for their contributions to the Marvel movies just as much as I'm a fan of Wanda and Vis. To waste their talents would be a huge mistake for Marvel Studios in my opinion. Disney might be loaded, but even they can't afford to create THAT many series' for so many characters. I'm absolutely delighted Wanda will become more prominent in the MCU as the years go by, and I NEVER said she wouldn't make more appearances. She most certainly will, and that's great. But I definitely sympathize with fans of other characters clamoring for more attention for their favorites as well. I'd be pretty miserable if Wanda was unpopular and not getting much screen time either. Who knows how long Cumberbatch is gonna stick around? I want Strange fans to get the most out of their MCU experience with AND without Wanda. I'm sure people on this thread feel the same way.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-21-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Oh, by the way, even though we're disagreeing here, I just wanted to let you know there's no hard feelings from my end at all. We've agreed on so many more things on these threads than we've clashed. It's sort of akin to us being writers in a television writers' room arguing while working on a script. But after it's done, we just hug it out cuz we definitely want the same things. I think all the posters here are good dudes and chicks. And funny too.

I actually don't mind if Quicksilver has even MORE than a cameo in Wandavision. I like the character a lot, but I think he should stick primarily to this series as opposed to MoM which is Strange's thing. If the epic battle is as epic as Bettany describes it to be, then I don't think Wanda and Vis can handle it on their own. So perhaps he can get involved here too. Like other posters have said previously, it will presumably take a whole TEAM of magic experts to subdue the villains of MoM. This team won't be present in Wandavision. So perhaps Photon will have a role in this fight alongside Strange? I doubt Darcy and Jimmy Woo can bring any firepower to the brawl. I'm curious what the "nosy neighbor" will do here as well. The grown-up twins definitely could be present. It's this final battle that's got me really curious. The action narrative might actually take up an entire hour of the series. What Wanda and Vis could be up against probably would pose more of a challenge than Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive.

Oh, by the way, even though we're disagreeing here, I just wanted to let you know there's no hard feelings from my end at all. We've agreed on so many more things on these threads than we've clashed. It's sort of akin to us being writers in a television writers' room arguing while working on a script. But after it's done, we just hug it out cuz we definitely want the same things. I think all the posters here are good dudes and chicks. And funny too.

I actually don't mind if Quicksilver has even MORE than a cameo in Wandavision. I like the character a lot, but I think he should stick primarily to this series as opposed to MoM which is Strange's thing. If the epic battle is as epic as Bettany describes it to be, then I don't think Wanda and Vis can handle it on their own. So perhaps he can get involved here too. Like other posters have said previously, it will presumably take a whole TEAM of magic experts to subdue the villains of MoM. This team won't be present in Wandavision. So perhaps Photon will have a role in this fight alongside Strange? I doubt Darcy and Jimmy Woo can bring any firepower to the brawl. I'm curious what the "nosy neighbor" will do here as well. The grown-up twins definitely could be present. It's this final battle that's got me really curious. The action narrative might actually take up an entire hour of the series. What Wanda and Vis could be up against probably would pose more of a challenge than Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive.
    No hard feeling here either.

If Pietro does appear in WandaVision, which would be nice, I always imagined it would be done like Wanda opens a door and sees Pietro just standing there. Wanda faints, and Pietro looks at the camera and says "Bet, You Didn't See That Coming!" Also if Pietro was just an illusion created as part of the dream world, it would play more into the main villain's plan (which I'm still going with Nightmare) to power himself up by feeding off Wanda's despair

Hopefully Monica will have a role to play in the final battle in WandaVision, though it will depend whether she has her powers or not. Darcy and Woo could have some tech they could use. Still I doubt we are going to see the whole team of mystcis are the end of WandaVision, just Stephen. The rest will probably be done near the start of DS2, where they could also use fottage from WandaVision, to get people who haven't seen it up to speed.

No hard feeling here either.

If Pietro does appear in WandaVision, which would be nice, I always imagined it would be done like Wanda opens a door and sees Pietro just standing there. Wanda faints, and Pietro looks at the camera and says "Bet, You Didn't See That Coming!" Also if Pietro was just an illusion created as part of the dream world, it would play more into the main villain's plan (which I'm still going with Nightmare) to power himself up by feeding off Wanda's despair

Hopefully Monica will have a role to play in the final battle in WandaVision, though it will depend whether she has her powers or not. Darcy and Woo could have some tech they could use. Still I doubt we are going to see the whole team of mystcis are the end of WandaVision, just Stephen. The rest will probably be done near the start of DS2, where they could also use fottage from WandaVision, to get people who haven't seen it up to speed.
    That's cool. I just think it sucks so bad that Marvel Studios couldn't tell amazing Quicksilver and Hulk stories because of studio politics. I really wish Marvel never sold off its properties twenty years ago. I think Wanda fans can't complain about her success in the MCU. I do think that Quicksilver and Hulk fans have legitimate beefs because of their rich histories as characters sort of being neglected. There's no way Hulk should have lost so many battles in the MCU and for Quicksilver to die the way he did was just pathetic (even if I agreed with and understood that decision). Hopefully She-Hulk gives Banner (Ruffalo) the send-off he deserves. Same thing with Pietro (AJT) in Wandavision. If AJT does show up and says "bet, you didn't see that coming?", do you think he will retain his Sokovian accent? Or will he magically lose it just like Wanda lost hers? If Wanda hadn't lost hers, I'm convinced her popularity would have suffered, unfortunately.

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if the supporting characters in Wandavision will show up in MoM. They are so closely connected. I'm sort of concerned with Vision leaving the MCU (which I think will happen after Wandavision concludes). Marvel made a fantastic decision to have him wear "human" clothing, and very stylish clothing at that. It made him much more interesting in my opinion. They didn't really do that in the comic books. Olsen stated that the best part of playing the Scarlet Witch was working with Bettany. It'll be hard to duplicate that chemistry again. I swear she has a MAJOR crush on him, but he doesn't really pay attention to her because he's too busy plowing Jennifer Connelly. I just feel with the original Avengers leaving the MCU over the next few years, the movies will have a different vibe. Hopefully things don't deteriorate at all.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-22-2020 at 08:55 AM.

That's cool. I just think it sucks so bad that Marvel Studios couldn't tell amazing Quicksilver and Hulk stories because of studio politics. I really wish Marvel never sold off its properties twenty years ago. I think Wanda fans can't complain about her success in the MCU. I do think that Quicksilver and Hulk fans have legitimate beefs because of their rich histories as characters sort of being neglected. There's no way Hulk should have lost so many battles in the MCU and for Quicksilver to die the way he did was just pathetic (even if I agreed with and understood that decision). Hopefully She-Hulk gives Banner (Ruffalo) the send-off he deserves. Same thing with Pietro (AJT) in Wandavision. If AJT does show up and says "bet, you didn't see that coming?", do you think he will retain his Sokovian accent? Or will he magically lose it just like Wanda lost hers? If Wanda hadn't lost hers, I'm convinced her popularity would have suffered, unfortunately.

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if the supporting characters in Wandavision will show up in MoM. They are so closely connected. I'm sort of concerned with Vision leaving the MCU (which I think will happen after Wandavision concludes). Marvel made a fantastic decision to have him wear "human" clothing, and very stylish clothing at that. It made him much more interesting in my opinion. They didn't really do that in the comic books. Olsen stated that the best part of playing the Scarlet Witch was working with Bettany. It'll be hard to duplicate that chemistry again. I swear she has a MAJOR crush on him, but he doesn't really pay attention to her because he's too busy plowing Jennifer Connelly. I just feel with the original Avengers leaving the MCU over the next few years, the movies will have a different vibe. Hopefully things don't deteriorate at all.
    Well they had to sell off the movie rights to make money following the bankruptcy of 97, though I don't think they every believed people would make movies on them. I would think Quicksilver would retain his accent, Wanda lost her's as an attempt to blend in better, Pietro doesn't have that excuse.

As for Vision wearing normal clothes, he did it in his and Wanda's Second series, though it was strange seeing him wear regular clothes.

Well they had to sell off the movie rights to make money following the bankruptcy of 97, though I don't think they every believed people would make movies on them. I would think Quicksilver would retain his accent, Wanda lost her's as an attempt to blend in better, Pietro doesn't have that excuse.

As for Vision wearing normal clothes, he did it in his and Wanda's Second series, though it was strange seeing him wear regular clothes.
    Oh yes, now I remember. Good call. I just think Marvel Studios changing Vision from a caped fighter into more of a robotic Mr. Rogers was pretty funny. He's definitely the best-dressed Avenger. I imagine Pietro will probably keep his accent, I agree. I know a lot of Marvel fans are unhappy that he didn't do too much fighting in the Avengers movies, but I look at the situation totally differently. I think it's fine that they prioritize Vis's and Wanda's emotional growth as opposed to them punching bad guys in their faces. Too many superheroes do that already. I find Wanda is, I don't know, kinder than other MCU females? Gamora, MJ, Hope Van Dyne and Pepper Potts often were really hostile and standoffish towards their partners. And the Steve Rogers/Sharon Carter, Thor Odinson/Jane Foster, Banner/Romanoff relationships felt really awkward. Perhaps Bettany and Olsen had better chemistry or their relationship had more of a foundation in the comics. I'm not sure. I think Marvel Studios will continue to have problems with Namor, Hulk and Spider-Man in the future. I can't see the studios working together on a long-term basis. It's a shitty situation. I would have loved to see Wanda help out Banner with his emotional problems. I also believe Nightmare will show up in Wandavision and in MoM. I'm really curious to see how the MCU will continue with Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange as its main headliners as opposed to Stark and Rogers. I think it will be a huge challenge for Marvel Studios to recruit popular actors and actresses to play classic characters. I hope Wanda stays for as long as possible, but I want her story arc to end in a very meaningful and worthwhile way. Maybe she goes to another dimension and beats up another Scarlet Witch whose married to Vision and takes him for herself. Be selfish for a change! I think in five years (barring any further Covid-19 delays), the MCU will be all about the Young Avengers, Spider-Man, maybe Daredevil and Punisher, Ghost Rider, Namor, Blade, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus, Kang the Conquerer, Beyonder and Lord knows how many mutants.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-22-2020 at 07:27 PM.