Page 197 of 271 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    Something is clearly being seeded for Wanda in the X-Books. Her mythologizing by Exodus, her use in X-Men: Empyre....they're building up to something. Hopefully it makes you Wanda fans happy.
    Hopefully with a little less Dr. Strange mansplaining.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, everytime people suggest a dude saying "What TF have you done, Wanda", I just want Wanda to purposefully **** up and feed them to a N'Garai or something.
    Now that WOULD be funny as hell. But I highly doubt Marvel Comics creators would go for that, unfortunately. They just want Wanda to remain a plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I feel like it ins't just Wanda messing with reality, maybe she explores her powers there with the help of Agatha

Scenes like this and the dinner one makes me believe she's trapped by someone

One thing I don't get about the trailer is why would Wanda be surprised with her reality warping the furniture in her living room when she supposedly ALREADY reality warped the town in which she's living in? Wouldn't it be a step down for her to reality warp items in her household after doing that already for her fake world? That also makes me believe that she's not in control of what's going on here.

The synopsis did hint that it was something outside of Wanda and Vision messing with them. The synopsis has gotten ignored though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like the idea that it's Vision's ideal world and Wanda makes it come true after finding him at SWORD.
    Well, wouldn't that make it some kind of "Last thought before death" situation? I mean if Vision is still like incapacitated at SWORD.
    Can make some emotional storytelling there.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The synopsis did hint that it was something outside of Wanda and Vision messing with them. The synopsis has gotten ignored though.
    No-one cares about the Synopsis unless it says Wanda is a nutcase, who warps reality and does a reverse HOM

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    No-one cares about the Synopsis unless it says Wanda is a nutcase, who warps reality and does a reverse HOM
    Unfortunately true of the internet rumor mill.

"This is full-on action movie, mixed with sitcoms, it’s wild. It’s WILD. I think people will be very excited." Teyonah Parris
    on WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    "This is full-on action movie, mixed with sitcoms, it’s wild. It’s WILD. I think people will be very excited." Teyonah Parris
    on WandaVision

With maybe some psychological horror vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With maybe some psychological horror vibes...
    Yeah, I heard that this series will be the MCU's answer to Twin Peaks. Which should be VERY tonally different from usual MCU fare thus far.

That being said, I do like the FAMILY sitcom aspect of the show. Because as I recall, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Golden Girls, and even Full House, not ALL of the episodes were funny. There was a lot of poignant and bittersweet moments in them too. I suspect WandaVision will have some of those too.

On a somewhat unrelated note, hasn't the idea of beings of artificial intelligence of trying to create their own families been done on Star Trek? And in each case, things started out REALLY funny, and then ended very badly for everybody involved:

Data created a child in The Offspring (Star Trek: The Next Generation):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNnyuNK5dv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0SVPuALN4k

I always remembered this episode because Data named his daughter Lal, which meant "beloved" in Hindi. Pretty ironic and symbolic to me.

And the Doctor created his own virtual family in Real Life (Star Trek: Voyager):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmA7mehx7tI

I don't know if it's a coincidence that this episode started off as a SITCOM before turning into a drama. Maybe Jac Schaeffer and Kevin Feige watched it decades ago?

And since I mentioned Twin Peaks, I wonder if WandaVision will take any influence from David Lynch's work. I always liked the unabashedly sentimental Elephant Man, and since Wanda talks about wanting to "fit in" in the trailer, I wonder if the results will be as unhappy as they were in this 1980 film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiREn0B9-8U

What I'm trying to say is that all of the above scenes not only had some outstanding music in them, but they were pretty sad too. Like MaximoffTrash said, I'm curious if Marvel Studios will be willing to get really emotional in their storytelling. Thus far, I haven't seen any evidence of that.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-17-2020 at 01:13 PM.

We just don't know. If it were horror, it'd have been described as that. But it might be without having been mentioned? I think the high possibility is that it is not what the internet is expecting.

We just don't know. If it were horror, it'd have been described as that. But it might be without having been mentioned? I think the high possibility is that it is not what the internet is expecting.
    I've heard analysts say that this show will likely be very Blue Velvet-y. Of course they would have to remove the violence and sex that was such a big part of that film, but keep the sense of foreboding and tension. I wonder if there will any "thriller" elements to the series. With Disney running this production, I feel the showrunners will have to tone down the "scary" parts of WandaVision. I do think it will be weird though (I'm not sure if that's frightening, however). But Bettany and Olsen both said to expect the unexpected from this project. So I will.

As fas as I remember, theyu have suggested it will be more of a comedy. But I can see some horror getting in as the world unravels

I have a lot of concerns with her description of Wanda as mental health representation. Since there hasn't been a positive depiction of mental illness involving her. But hopefully the movies will do a better job than comics.