Page 79 of 271 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4051

I might have spoken too soon about Wandavision not being shown this year. Perhaps Wandavision WILL be airing in 2020 (I still say 2021 is more likely though):

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/wa...on-appearance/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-03-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So it really was supposed to be a Wanda-led event, like many suspected. It's a shame that we have no word on what's gonna happen now. I hope they still get to publish it.

Not sure how I feel about this cast, though. It's not bad, but I was really hoping it would be another excuse to gather more mystic heroes.
    I hope this drops in the future, maybe Steve Orlando knows when will if it does
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-03-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to read the Darkhold mini someday, but it's not really a substitute for getting her back into an ongoing book where she belongs.

I don't know what it will take though. They didn't have any new Wanda/Vision content at all planned despite knowing about the series. Maybe they just aren't doing anything until they see what the MCU does.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'd like to read the Darkhold mini someday, but it's not really a substitute for getting her back into an ongoing book where she belongs.

I don't know what it will take though. They didn't have any new Wanda/Vision content at all planned despite knowing about the series. Maybe they just aren't doing anything until they see what the MCU does.
    I think it comes down to the editorial or writers not making Wanda a priority, or hating the character after M-Day. Isn't Fiege supposed to be in control of Marvel Comics these days? Shouldn't he have gotten this fixed?

That has too be one of the laziest and worst covers I have ever seen

Also, I shocked that Marvel are deciding to celebrate Wanda and Vision's relationship by also reprinting the story that destroyed it

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I might have spoken too soon about Wandavision not being shown this year. Perhaps Wandavision WILL be airing in 2020 (I still say 2021 is more likely though):

We keep going back and forth about whether the show finished filming or not... If they do have more filming to do, then I'd say that this actually makes it more likely that it won't come out this year, because that means more time in post-production. I was low-key hoping that they were really done already, but I guess I can't complain about more content being added to the show. I'll appreciate as much as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Well, we don't know that Darkhold would lead to. Steve Orlando was a big hire for them, so maybe they were planning more with him after Darkhold.

And we don't know if they didn't have any new content planned for them. We only knew about their original plans up until June, and everything after that had to be rearranged because of the pandemic. If they had something planned, it might be a while until we find out.

Let's try to stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think it comes down to the editorial or writers not making Wanda a priority, or hating the character after M-Day. Isn't Fiege supposed to be in control of Marvel Comics these days? Shouldn't he have gotten this fixed?
    We don't really know what Feige's role is when it comes to Marvel Comics. He was made chief creator executive (or something like that) across the Marvel board, but we only know of him being actively in charge of the film and TV divisions. It really doesn't seem like he made that much of an impact at all in comics... at least so far. It's possible his work is mostly behind the scenes, and we just don't hear about it.

I read online that filming was completed unlike the Falcon/Winter Soldier one but other posters are saying that isn't true. If it was completed, it would make more sense to release that first since the Falcon/Winter Soldier one didn't finish filming. However, I would absolutely love if Wanda/Vision would be the first Disney+ Marvel show because it would get more publicity than if it is the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That has too be one of the laziest and worst covers I have ever seen

Also, I shocked that Marvel are deciding to celebrate Wanda and Vision's relationship by also reprinting the story that destroyed it
    That is an ugly cover. They should have made an omnibus with all the important Wanda/Vision issues although they should skip the West Coast Avengers ones lol.

Do posters on this thread think that the Avengers fans of Wanda and the mutant admirers of the Scarlet Witch can EVER get along? From what I've seen on other message boards, the two parties just can't seem to make nice. The camps are both really divided and sometimes genuinely seem to HATE one another. From my perspective (and I believe each side has a valid "claim" to this particular Maximoff sister), it's kind of a generational thing. The MCU filmmakers are mostly children of the 1960s and 1970s. Feige, Whedon, the Russo brothers, and Markus and Mcfeely GREW UP reading the books when Wanda wasn't identified with mutantkind as much and her relationship with the Avengers hugely defined her character. And the personification of that was the Scarlet Witch's relationship with Vision. I think that's why the movies are emphasizing this couple so much. And Avengers fans heartily approve of this. But fans of the X-Men who grew up in the 1990s and 2000s know Wanda more as the daughter of Magneto and tie her more closely with the X-family. The cartoons of that era certainly stress that fact and a lot of the more famous comic book stories of the past twenty years featuring Wanda link her tightly with her mutant father and siblings. Now the Scarlet Witch is going full-on the "magic" path in both the movies and comics. I think if the MCU filmmakers had been born in the 1980s, they might have made Wonder Man her main love interest in the movies and immediately linked her with Magneto. I personally totally respect EACH aspect of Wanda's history as a character in the comic books and I "get" where both the Avengers and X-Men fans are coming from. Personally, I'm glad that the MCU took the route that they did (partly because they had no choice due to the fact that they couldn't use mutant characters up until this year). As an Avengers fan, I think the relationship between Vision and Wanda should absolutely be portrayed on film and television for non-comic book audiences to enjoy. It's totally weird, bizarre and preposterous. Movie and television writers could definitely get a tremendous amount of storytelling mileage out of the two of them. I think Feige and Whedon realized this early on and judging by the looks of things, their creative instincts were right on the money. For newer fans of Wanda, you definitely get the sense that they are extremely unhappy that Simon Williams and Magneto (two important figures in her life) have been completely taken off the table. And I understand that. I think Wonder Man is almost impossible to adopt for the MCU because DC has a REALLY famous female character with the name Wonder in it. It would be sort of like having two Quicksilvers again in a way. I think the MCU would have right away made Wanda part of Magneto's family if they had the rights to his character. And they probably would have kept Quicksilver alive too. Similarly, the MCU probably would have done more classic Hulk stories as well if they had distribution rights to that character. My feeling is that it's just too late to incorporate Magneto into Wanda's family in the MOVIES. The comics are an entirely different matter. It would get really convoluted and confusing for film viewers. And I get the sense that Feige and his team truly care about the universe they created and want to keep it as coherent and streamlined as possible. Comic book readers are used to retcons and reboots, but a lot of television and movie audiences would find those kinds of changes jarring. I think Marvel Studios want to avoid any chaos in their storytelling and keep its narrative as simple and straight-forward as it can be. And we must remember that Wanda is just one small (though very important) character in the entire MCU. It would be very unfair to other characters and stories if Disney had to change things to accommodate the desires of certain fanbases who want things done for their own satisfaction (which could cause severe disruption to some very carefully laid-out plans). It really sucks for fans of the Magnus family and I certainly sympathize with them because there is a huge chance a lot of the stories that they love will not be part of the MCU. My opinion is as follows. I sort of like the fact that Wanda has truly gotten to be an independent person in the movies. She was not weighed down by the burdens of having a problematic family of males that have often caused her a lot of emotional pain in the comic books. She got to CHOOSE her own path in life and even found love in the most unusual of places (only to tragically lose it as well). She went toe-to-toe with Ultron and Thanos and almost single-handedly took out the entire Avengers team. She's going to finally be the mother that she always wanted to be in the films. She might even become a leader of the Avengers in the future and possibly become a Sorcerer Supreme. And what appeals to me most of all, is that unlike practically every other character in the MCU, she'll be starring in a show which will describe the character BEHIND her powers, and give her a funny personality audiences will love. I think any fan of Wanda, whether if you like the Avengers or prefer the X-Men, should be thrilled that her journey throughout the MCU has been so rich and interesting. Even if she leaves the MCU in Phase 5, I would be content. And by the way, I'm an X-Men fan too.
    I am an X-Men fan mostly but I barely consider Wanda an X-Men character besides her roles in Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men: Evolution. And frankly, she's much better off away from all that especially with the current direction of the X-Men. It doesn't help that most X-Fans crucify her and in the X-Boards there are constant threads about how Wanda needs to pay so I say keep her as far away as possible from that whole fandom.

I do hope she becomes a mutant again in the comics because that was a stupid retcon and she's been a mutant since her first ever appearance. The Magneto parentage being retconned away doesn't bother me because it was a retcon of a retcon and John Byrne never even wanted for the characters to be aware of it. The Magneto connection has only hurt the character in the long run and she's proven popular enough without needing a connection to him thanks to the MCU now.

I'm not a huge fan of Simon Williams but reading more material with him and Wanda has made him grow on me. I doubt he'll ever be introduced into the MCU but maybe Wanda/Vision could establish that in Wanda's perfect world, Vision is a human named Simon Williams. Or Vision has a human brother who is Simon, the cool uncle to the kids.

So it really was supposed to be a Wanda-led event, like many suspected. It's a shame that we have no word on what's gonna happen now. I hope they still get to publish it.

Not sure how I feel about this cast, though. It's not bad, but I was really hoping it would be another excuse to gather more mystic heroes.
    The lineup is interesting but I would have preferred Wanda leading a Midnight Sons or mystic characters team like you said. And I'd like to see her branch out with her female friendships. I feel like Wanda/Carol's friendship is never referenced anymore since Avengers vs X-Men 0. Carol is besties with Jessica Drew and in that issue, we did see the three women together so I would have liked Wanda and Jessica to become friends as well. I've also wanted Wanda and Jean to be teammates or friends because they've always had a lot in common and I liked the early First Class stories between them.

Extraordinary Member

Yup... Or use this chance to bring back some old Darkhold character.(Sure they are obscure, but they are relevant.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I am an X-Men fan mostly but I barely consider Wanda an X-Men character besides her roles in Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men: Evolution. And frankly, she's much better off away from all that especially with the current direction of the X-Men. It doesn't help that most X-Fans crucify her and in the X-Boards there are constant threads about how Wanda needs to pay so I say keep her as far away as possible from that whole fandom.

I do hope she becomes a mutant again in the comics because that was a stupid retcon and she's been a mutant since her first ever appearance. The Magneto parentage being retconned away doesn't bother me because it was a retcon of a retcon and John Byrne never even wanted for the characters to be aware of it. The Magneto connection has only hurt the character in the long run and she's proven popular enough without needing a connection to him thanks to the MCU now.

I'm not a huge fan of Simon Williams but reading more material with him and Wanda has made him grow on me. I doubt he'll ever be introduced into the MCU but maybe Wanda/Vision could establish that in Wanda's perfect world, Vision is a human named Simon Williams. Or Vision has a human brother who is Simon, the cool uncle to the kids.
    Should probably use the name Victor Shade though. So probably just an uncle or friend.

Extraordinary Member

The lineup is interesting but I would have preferred Wanda leading a Midnight Sons or mystic characters team like you said. And I'd like to see her branch out with her female friendships. I feel like Wanda/Carol's friendship is never referenced anymore since Avengers vs X-Men 0. Carol is besties with Jessica Drew and in that issue, we did see the three women together so I would have liked Wanda and Jessica to become friends as well. I've also wanted Wanda and Jean to be teammates or friends because they've always had a lot in common and I liked the early First Class stories between them.
    Yeah, also there is the fact that Jessica is also tied to Wundagore, High Evolutionary, Morgan Le Fay, etc.
    I would like to see Victoria Montesi though, she is the protaganist of 90s Darkhold run, and technically a "daughter" of Chthon, which would sorta in a weird way makes her Wanda's "sister".
    They met for like once and pretty much all they do is hair pulling each other. I wish to see more.

Ultimate Member

I got the impression that Wanda and Carol didn't really get along (based on the snippy exchange about Carol's day-drinking and Wanda's ice cream 'go straight to your thighs'), and never really saw much of a chance for her and Jessica Drew to interact.

Wanda and Janet, as the two first Avengers ladies, should perhaps have more of an 'old guard' relationship, regarding everyone else, even long-timers like She-Hulk, Black Widow and Monica Rambeau, as kind of 'the new blood.' Wanda isn't a founding Avenger, like Janet, but then again, neither is *Captain America,* and he's far more of an iconic Avenger than Hulk...

As a result, I've always thought that Janet and Wanda had an understated friendship, based on their long experience working together (and individually working with the same group of guys, which gives them a lot in common).

It must be interesting to Wanda (and Janet) to see how various other people regard being an Avenger, something that has occupied so much of their lives, and been their sole focus (as neither of them have flirted with other teams, but been primarily Avengers exclusive). "I'm an Avenger, except when I'm off being an Inhuman moon princess, or marrying and divorcing your brother..." "I'm an Avenger, when I'm not living the life of a high-powered attorney, or filling in for Ben, in the Fantastic Four..." She might wonder, quietly, if some of these come-and-go sorts might have a wee bit of trouble *committing* to this life they've all chosen.

We keep going back and forth about whether the show finished filming or not... If they do have more filming to do, then I'd say that this actually makes it more likely that it won't come out this year, because that means more time in post-production. I was low-key hoping that they were really done already, but I guess I can't complain about more content being added to the show. I'll appreciate as much as we can get.

Well, we don't know that Darkhold would lead to. Steve Orlando was a big hire for them, so maybe they were planning more with him after Darkhold.

And we don't know if they didn't have any new content planned for them. We only knew about their original plans up until June, and everything after that had to be rearranged because of the pandemic. If they had something planned, it might be a while until we find out.

Let's try to stay positive.

We don't really know what Feige's role is when it comes to Marvel Comics. He was made chief creator executive (or something like that) across the Marvel board, but we only know of him being actively in charge of the film and TV divisions. It really doesn't seem like he made that much of an impact at all in comics... at least so far. It's possible his work is mostly behind the scenes, and we just don't hear about it.
    Yeah, I totally concur with what you just stated. It's clear that filming has NOT been completed and more shooting is necessary. I don't really mind the delays, but I definitely want the live studio audience aspect of the show to be MAINTAINED. That's what makes sitcoms so unique. Hopefully, Marvel finds a way of keeping that aspect of the show intact despite the social distancing.

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-d...g-resume-july/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...arance-a175811

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ilming-in-july