Page 78 of 271 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4051

A lot of people on these threads want cameos in Wandavision. And I think that's wholly appropriate. I think it would be hilarious if Wanda's "father" Chthon and Vision's "dad" Ultron show up in tuxedos at the wedding reception for Wanda and Vision and have a little too much to drink and begin to act obnoxious. My preferred cameo would be John Stamos (Uncle Jesse). He could play the role of a wedding singer and would yell at Chthon and Ultron to knock it off and a commotion would ensue. And Wanda and Vision would be furious that their big day was ruined.

Do posters on this thread think that the Avengers fans of Wanda and the mutant admirers of the Scarlet Witch can EVER get along? From what I've seen on other message boards, the two parties just can't seem to make nice. The camps are both really divided and sometimes genuinely seem to HATE one another. From my perspective (and I believe each side has a valid "claim" to this particular Maximoff sister), it's kind of a generational thing. The MCU filmmakers are mostly children of the 1960s and 1970s. Feige, Whedon, the Russo brothers, and Markus and Mcfeely GREW UP reading the books when Wanda wasn't identified with mutantkind as much and her relationship with the Avengers hugely defined her character. And the personification of that was the Scarlet Witch's relationship with Vision. I think that's why the movies are emphasizing this couple so much. And Avengers fans heartily approve of this. But fans of the X-Men who grew up in the 1990s and 2000s know Wanda more as the daughter of Magneto and tie her more closely with the X-family. The cartoons of that era certainly stress that fact and a lot of the more famous comic book stories of the past twenty years featuring Wanda link her tightly with her mutant father and siblings. Now the Scarlet Witch is going full-on the "magic" path in both the movies and comics. I think if the MCU filmmakers had been born in the 1980s, they might have made Wonder Man her main love interest in the movies and immediately linked her with Magneto. I personally totally respect EACH aspect of Wanda's history as a character in the comic books and I "get" where both the Avengers and X-Men fans are coming from. Personally, I'm glad that the MCU took the route that they did (partly because they had no choice due to the fact that they couldn't use mutant characters up until this year). As an Avengers fan, I think the relationship between Vision and Wanda should absolutely be portrayed on film and television for non-comic book audiences to enjoy. It's totally weird, bizarre and preposterous. Movie and television writers could definitely get a tremendous amount of storytelling mileage out of the two of them. I think Feige and Whedon realized this early on and judging by the looks of things, their creative instincts were right on the money. For newer fans of Wanda, you definitely get the sense that they are extremely unhappy that Simon Williams and Magneto (two important figures in her life) have been completely taken off the table. And I understand that. I think Wonder Man is almost impossible to adopt for the MCU because DC has a REALLY famous female character with the name Wonder in it. It would be sort of like having two Quicksilvers again in a way. I think the MCU would have right away made Wanda part of Magneto's family if they had the rights to his character. And they probably would have kept Quicksilver alive too. Similarly, the MCU probably would have done more classic Hulk stories as well if they had distribution rights to that character. My feeling is that it's just too late to incorporate Magneto into Wanda's family in the MOVIES. The comics are an entirely different matter. It would get really convoluted and confusing for film viewers. And I get the sense that Feige and his team truly care about the universe they created and want to keep it as coherent and streamlined as possible. Comic book readers are used to retcons and reboots, but a lot of television and movie audiences would find those kinds of changes jarring. I think Marvel Studios want to avoid any chaos in their storytelling and keep its narrative as simple and straight-forward as it can be. And we must remember that Wanda is just one small (though very important) character in the entire MCU. It would be very unfair to other characters and stories if Disney had to change things to accommodate the desires of certain fanbases who want things done for their own satisfaction (which could cause severe disruption to some very carefully laid-out plans). It really sucks for fans of the Magnus family and I certainly sympathize with them because there is a huge chance a lot of the stories that they love will not be part of the MCU. My opinion is as follows. I sort of like the fact that Wanda has truly gotten to be an independent person in the movies. She was not weighed down by the burdens of having a problematic family of males that have often caused her a lot of emotional pain in the comic books. She got to CHOOSE her own path in life and even found love in the most unusual of places (only to tragically lose it as well). She went toe-to-toe with Ultron and Thanos and almost single-handedly took out the entire Avengers team. She's going to finally be the mother that she always wanted to be in the films. She might even become a leader of the Avengers in the future and possibly become a Sorcerer Supreme. And what appeals to me most of all, is that unlike practically every other character in the MCU, she'll be starring in a show which will describe the character BEHIND her powers, and give her a funny personality audiences will love. I think any fan of Wanda, whether if you like the Avengers or prefer the X-Men, should be thrilled that her journey throughout the MCU has been so rich and interesting. Even if she leaves the MCU in Phase 5, I would be content. And by the way, I'm an X-Men fan too.

For me, it's not a matter of getting along or not. I just don't think it impacted the character, nor is it important to her. So I feel she lost nothing. It'd just be different if they did a lot more with it and made it central to the character. And I feel that a lot of the people that were upset that it was removed were not because of what was in the stories, but what they hoped would happen. Which I feel has no realistic way of existing for a character so anchored in the opposite end from mutants and the cause. The cartoons I don't really even feel made an impact on her being a mutant because they mostly have her back with the Brotherhood at the beginning of her story as a character and heavily stunted growth wise.

But that does not mean I hate people that want Wanda to be a mutant or to be Mags' kid. That's their opinion on it. And I get wanting to see more family stuff. I just don't think Marvel is good at it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    For me, it's not a matter of getting along or not. I just don't think it impacted the character, nor is it important to her. So I feel she lost nothing. It'd just be different if they did a lot more with it and made it central to the character. And I feel that a lot of the people that were upset that it was removed were not because of what was in the stories, but what they hoped would happen. Which I feel has no realistic way of existing for a character so anchored in the opposite end from mutants and the cause. The cartoons I don't really even feel made an impact on her being a mutant because they mostly have her back with the Brotherhood at the beginning of her story as a character and heavily stunted growth wise.

But that does not mean I hate people that want Wanda to be a mutant or to be Mags' kid. That's their opinion on it. And I get wanting to see more family stuff. I just don't think Marvel is good at it.
    I myself originally wanted Mags, Pietro and Wanda to be part of one family when they entered the MCU. I thought it was a pretty interesting relationship that they had. And I think Feige and company would have wanted to maintain that. But circumstances thwarted that idea. Over time, I've come to embrace this new approach to Wanda. I had overlooked how toxic Wanda's relationships with Quicksilver and Magneto had been and I'm sort of glad that she was shielded from all that, you know? But it's weird how Avengers fans strongly prefer a heavy emphasis on developing Wanda's and Vision's relationship, while X-Men followers just as fervently want the relationship between Wanda and Magneto to be explored. I just feel like this divide is irreconcilable! Feige and his staff clearly preferred the former and I actually think it's paying off. People are absolutely riveted about the upcoming Scarlet Witch show. And that's largely because it's gonna be weird and funny. Because let's face it, Wanda and Vision are kind of odd ducks (which will make people tolerate all sorts of strange and hilarious things happening in their series). I just don't think there's enough time for Wanda to be involved in BOTH Avengers and mutant stories in the MCU. I don't believe in recasting and I think in a cinematic universe that has existed for over a dozen years, it's highly problematic. That's why I don't think Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rodgers, Pietro Maximoff and Vision will ever be re-casted. But a new Iron Man, new Captain America, new Black Widow, new Quicksilver and new Vision could be created. I even think once Wanda Maximoff is gone from the MCU, perhaps a NEW Scarlet Witch could succeed her and the MCU could tie that one to the mutant family. Didn't her mini-series state that Wanda was one of many Scarlet Witches? I think legacy heroes AND villains are a cool concept, but unfortunately they never seem to last that long in the comic books. Movies and television shows might be different though. That depends wholly on casting.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Do posters on this thread think that the Avengers fans of Wanda and the mutant admirers of the Scarlet Witch can EVER get along? From what I've seen on other message boards, the two parties just can't seem to make nice. The camps are both really divided and sometimes genuinely seem to HATE one another. From my perspective (and I believe each side has a valid "claim" to this particular Maximoff sister), it's kind of a generational thing. The MCU filmmakers are mostly children of the 1960s and 1970s. Feige, Whedon, the Russo brothers, and Markus and Mcfeely GREW UP reading the books when Wanda wasn't identified with mutantkind as much and her relationship with the Avengers hugely defined her character. And the personification of that was the Scarlet Witch's relationship with Vision. I think that's why the movies are emphasizing this couple so much. And Avengers fans heartily approve of this. But fans of the X-Men who grew up in the 1990s and 2000s know Wanda more as the daughter of Magneto and tie her more closely with the X-family. The cartoons of that era certainly stress that fact and a lot of the more famous comic book stories of the past twenty years featuring Wanda link her tightly with her mutant father and siblings. Now the Scarlet Witch is going full-on the "magic" path in both the movies and comics. I think if the MCU filmmakers had been born in the 1980s, they might have made Wonder Man her main love interest in the movies and immediately linked her with Magneto. I personally totally respect EACH aspect of Wanda's history as a character in the comic books and I "get" where both the Avengers and X-Men fans are coming from. Personally, I'm glad that the MCU took the route that they did (partly because they had no choice due to the fact that they couldn't use mutant characters up until this year). As an Avengers fan, I think the relationship between Vision and Wanda should absolutely be portrayed on film and television for non-comic book audiences to enjoy. It's totally weird, bizarre and preposterous. Movie and television writers could definitely get a tremendous amount of storytelling mileage out of the two of them. I think Feige and Whedon realized this early on and judging by the looks of things, their creative instincts were right on the money. For newer fans of Wanda, you definitely get the sense that they are extremely unhappy that Simon Williams and Magneto (two important figures in her life) have been completely taken off the table. And I understand that. I think Wonder Man is almost impossible to adopt for the MCU because DC has a REALLY famous female character with the name Wonder in it. It would be sort of like having two Quicksilvers again in a way. I think the MCU would have right away made Wanda part of Magneto's family if they had the rights to his character. And they probably would have kept Quicksilver alive too. Similarly, the MCU probably would have done more classic Hulk stories as well if they had distribution rights to that character. My feeling is that it's just too late to incorporate Magneto into Wanda's family in the MOVIES. The comics are an entirely different matter. It would get really convoluted and confusing for film viewers. And I get the sense that Feige and his team truly care about the universe they created and want to keep it as coherent and streamlined as possible. Comic book readers are used to retcons and reboots, but a lot of television and movie audiences would find those kinds of changes jarring. I think Marvel Studios want to avoid any chaos in their storytelling and keep its narrative as simple and straight-forward as it can be. And we must remember that Wanda is just one small (though very important) character in the entire MCU. It would be very unfair to other characters and stories if Disney had to change things to accommodate the desires of certain fanbases who want things done for their own satisfaction (which could cause severe disruption to some very carefully laid-out plans). It really sucks for fans of the Magnus family and I certainly sympathize with them because there is a huge chance a lot of the stories that they love will not be part of the MCU. My opinion is as follows. I sort of like the fact that Wanda has truly gotten to be an independent person in the movies. She was not weighed down by the burdens of having a problematic family of males that have often caused her a lot of emotional pain in the comic books. She got to CHOOSE her own path in life and even found love in the most unusual of places (only to tragically lose it as well). She went toe-to-toe with Ultron and Thanos and almost single-handedly took out the entire Avengers team. She's going to finally be the mother that she always wanted to be in the films. She might even become a leader of the Avengers in the future and possibly become a Sorcerer Supreme. And what appeals to me most of all, is that unlike practically every other character in the MCU, she'll be starring in a show which will describe the character BEHIND her powers, and give her a funny personality audiences will love. I think any fan of Wanda, whether if you like the Avengers or prefer the X-Men, should be thrilled that her journey throughout the MCU has been so rich and interesting. Even if she leaves the MCU in Phase 5, I would be content. And by the way, I'm an X-Men fan too.
    Wanda is not really "tightlt" connected to mutants even in the 90s or 00s.
    People seem to forget her state in comics are either with Avengers or gone for good at that period. Unless by being absent somehow makes her more connected to X-Men.
    So honestly? Even Magnus family is this weird product where fan content outdo the actual canon. I want her to be remembered by what is most present in her history, not some fans onesided wish fulfillment. At least before her actual unique lore and stories got established, Magnus family would be less than an after thought for me.
    And really, I don't think Magneto or Magnus family make her less indepedent, that would be exaggerating the influence. At best she temporarily got dragged to be a plot device

Heck we all have wishes for those characters, I could symphosize with some, doesn't mean I want those to happen in Wanda's limited ride in MCU.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-04-2020 at 02:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I myself originally wanted Mags, Pietro and Wanda to be part of one family when they entered the MCU. I thought it was a pretty interesting relationship that they had. And I think Feige and company would have wanted to maintain that. But circumstances thwarted that idea. Over time, I've come to embrace this new approach to Wanda. I had overlooked how toxic Wanda's relationships with Quicksilver and Magneto had been and I'm sort of glad that she was shielded from all that, you know? But it's weird how Avengers fans strongly prefer a heavy emphasis on developing Wanda's and Vision's relationship, while X-Men followers just as fervently want the relationship between Wanda and Magneto to be explored. I just feel like this divide is irreconcilable! Feige and his staff clearly preferred the former and I actually think it's paying off. People are absolutely riveted about the upcoming Scarlet Witch show. And that's largely because it's gonna be weird and funny. Because let's face it, Wanda and Vision are kind of odd ducks (which will make people tolerate all sorts of strange and hilarious things happening in their series). I just don't think there's enough time for Wanda to be involved in BOTH Avengers and mutant stories in the MCU. I don't believe in recasting and I think in a cinematic universe that has existed for over a dozen years, it's highly problematic. That's why I don't think Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rodgers, Pietro Maximoff and Vision will ever be re-casted. But a new Iron Man, new Captain America, new Black Widow, new Quicksilver and new Vision could be created. I even think once Wanda Maximoff is gone from the MCU, perhaps a NEW Scarlet Witch could succeed her and the MCU could tie that one to the mutant family. Didn't her mini-series state that Wanda was one of many Scarlet Witches? I think legacy heroes AND villains are a cool concept, but unfortunately they never seem to last that long in the comic books. Movies and television shows might be different though. That depends wholly on casting.
    A new Scarlet Witch would still be a witch, a magic user, not necessarily a mutant.

Extraordinary Member

I got my hopes up, but it's just a reprint of random stories with Wanda and Vision in them. It doesn't even have new cover art.

Oh well, at least the Marvel Team-Up two parter hasn't been collected before.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

2020 Force Works #2 (May, 2020). Art by Thomas Tenney.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

WandaVision (and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier) speculation: shortened seasons.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It's interesting that they have synergy plans for December. If it was a while back, I wouldn't think much of it since the comics people wouldn't really know what's happening on the Marvel Studios side, but now that Kevin Feige has extended his reach to the three pillars of Marvel Media (film, television and comics), it's very possible that these collections coming out in December is a sign that the show won't be delayed that much, after all. I mean, they delayed all the Black Widow related comics to be closer to the new release date for the movie, so it's not a stretch to think that this could mean something.

Still hoping that we get a new book, though. If Falcon and Winter Soldier got one, I don't see why Wanda and Vision couldn't get at least a new mini.

EDIT: So I just realized that these collections weren't announced by Marvel, but stuff that people found on a catalog website. It's possible that this was cataloged before the pandemic, so maybe it's not up to date. Oh well, let's hope for the best.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-03-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda is not really "tightlt" connected to mutants even in the 90s or 00s.
    People seem to forget her state in comics are either with Avengers or gone for good at that period. Unless by being absent somehow makes her more connected to X-Men.
    So honestly? Even Magnus family is this weird product where fan content outdo the actual canon. I want her to be remembered by what is most present in her history, not some fans onesided wish fulfillment. At least before her actual unique lore and stories got established, Magnus family would be less than an after thought for me.
    And really, I don't think Magneto or Magnus family make her less indepedent, that would exaggerating the influence. At best she temporarily got dragged to be a plot device

Heck we all have wishes for those characters, I could symphosize with some, doesn't mean I want those to happen in Wanda's limited ride in MCU.
    Yeah, come to think of it you're right. I just was thinking about her roles in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men on television, not the comic books themselves. But those shows definitely emphasized her mutant roots and ties to Magneto. I can see why folks think she belongs to that camp.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    A new Scarlet Witch would still be a witch, a magic user, not necessarily a mutant.
    Good point. I didn't think of that. No new Scarlet Witches then. I'm just saying the MCU can find ways to adopt stories which don't actually damage Wanda at all. I mean, they made Hank Pym kind of a grumpy old dude, but he wasn't a wife-beater. And Iron Man created Vision. So I think Marvel can find ways to do movies without hurting the characters we know and love!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So it really was supposed to be a Wanda-led event, like many suspected. It's a shame that we have no word on what's gonna happen now. I hope they still get to publish it.

DARKHOLD sees Doctor Doom unearth the ancient Darkhold, a text written by the elder god Chthon, and unintentionally opening a passageway for Chthon to return to our dimension. To stop him, the Scarlet Witch recruits five heroes-Iron Man, Wasp (Janet), Black Bolt, Spider-Man (Peter), and Blade. To enter Chthon's dimension and fight him, the heroes must read from the Darkhold, which drives them insane.

COLLECTING: DARKHOLD ALPHA (2020) 1, THE DARKHOLD: TBD A (2020) 1-E (2020) 1, THE DARKHOLD OMEGA (2020) 1
    Not sure how I feel about this cast, though. It's not bad, but I was really hoping it would be another excuse to gather more mystic heroes.