Page 143 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4051
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

As one might guess from my previous post, the little goodwill I had with regards to Hickman after the first X-Men tie-in, is now quickly fading away again. If all he has is Wanda being presumed dead, than I am just gonna ignore what he did with her, as she is still running around in other runs. Actually, to me it’s a rather hilarious thought, that in “Hickman’s World” Wanda is dead, yet every other writer just ignores that. I could give those writers credit at least for that, then. Most notably Jim Zub, whom I’ve got the impression that he really likes writing Wanda, and does the best he can.

There are two tie-ins left, so there still might something happen to change it all, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

At least something to cheer me up, in the latest issue of his run, Deadpool says out loud – or rather screams out loud – what I have been thinking about “Hickman’s Mutants” (I think that’s what I will call them from now on) for the last few months now. Also Deadpool has a little kingdom now somehow, and at the end of that story there he puts up a sign that reads “No more Mutants”. Note that this run is not written by Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm hoping this X-Men tie-in will end with the revelation that it wasn't really Wanda who did it, but someone pretending to be her for some reason. Unless Hickman has some actual long-term plan for this story, which doesn't involve Wanda being turned into a mere punching bag for mutants, I'm just not seeing the point in dragging her into it at all.

BTW, Wanda appeared in Lords Of Empyre: Celestial Messiah. She appeared in two flashbacks to her Avengers days with Mantis. She even had some lines in one of them.
    Thank you for pointing that out! That was pretty much the only Empyre related issue where I didn’t look if Wanda was in there.

I found that actually quite sweet, also the following pages. If Mantis really would have been written like that back in the day, maybe I would like her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'd rather read her in a bad Avengers run than nothing at all. But I'm kind of extreme because I would rather she stayed on an Avengers team instead of getting her solo book. I just think she's not at home as a character unless she's with the Avengers.
    I'm glad she got her own book, if she didn't she probably would still be in Marvel Limbo.

Since this X-Men tie-in mini seems to have been put together in a hurry - every issue has a few pages by a different writer, with Hickman probably writing the Wanda pages in the first issue - I suspect Hickman may have used this as setup for something he would originally have done in another story. I guess we'll see how it ends and if Wanda is alive or not (or if the version in Zub's Avengers tie-in is someone else in disguise or whatever).
    Why do you think Wanda is not alive, unless Empyre Avengers has a shock death I can't imagine Marvel not acknowledging Wandas death in a big way.
    Even though the current Avengers run has been up and down I'd love to see the Scarlet Witch on the current Avengers roster.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hey all, sorry I have not been on posting my reading progress lately.

We had the tropical storm hit CT this week really bad and I have been without power for a few days now. Still reading thanks to the wonders of IPads and a marvel apps, but I need my computer for the bulk of listing my progress. So hope to be posting it again soon, take Care as always fellow Wanda Fans!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

We had the tropical storm hit CT this week really bad and I have been without power for a few days now. Still reading thanks to the wonders of IPads and a marvel apps, but I need my computer for the bulk of listing my progress. So hope to be posting it again soon, take Care as always fellow Wanda Fans!

Most importantly, you take care of you, CJ. We will always allow you whatever time you need. You've earned it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Ah so I was wondering how the reading was going along. Yes, that TS was a mess to many areas. Glad you could still read and that you are safe. Hopefully, you will get power back on soon. Take care. Looking forward to your postings whenever you can.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    As one might guess from my previous post, the little goodwill I had with regards to Hickman after the first X-Men tie-in, is now quickly fading away again. If all he has is Wanda being presumed dead, than I am just gonna ignore what he did with her, as she is still running around in other runs. Actually, to me it’s a rather hilarious thought, that in “Hickman’s World” Wanda is dead, yet every other writer just ignores that. I could give those writers credit at least for that, then. Most notably Jim Zub, whom I’ve got the impression that he really likes writing Wanda, and does the best he can.

There are two tie-ins left, so there still might something happen to change it all, but that seems increasingly unlikely.
    Zub has said he is her favourite Avenger. He clearly enjoyed pairing her with his all-time favourite character, Conan.

They announced a solo book for U.S.Agent but not Wanda?????

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    They announced a solo book for U.S.Agent but not Wanda?????
    If anything, I think this increases the odds of Wanda getting a new book for synergy reasons. It's pretty clear they're doing it with a lot of different properties; Black Widow, Taskmasker, Shang-Chi, Falcon & Winter Soldier, U.S.Agent... it's only a matter of time until it's WandaVision's turn. And according to Bleeding Cool, we haven't seen all of the synergy plans Marvel has, since they haven't yet announced some big Eternals stuff that they allegedly had planned before the pandemic. They just might be in a rescheduling process right now. Remember: we're still waiting for Darkhold. Maybe that would lead to some synergy books.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda has not had great luck with synergy, though. I mean they've known about WandaVision for as long as Falcon/Winter Soldier, but the latter got a miniseries to be released as a trade in advance of the TV show, and WandaVision just got a repackaging of old stories with a clip-art cover.

Wanda will be in something eventually, probably X-Men related, but I've given up waiting for Marvel to promote her like they promote other MCU characters. Her chance probably came and went in the mid-10s when she couldn't be fully promoted because of her shared movie rights (by which I mean that the shared rights were why she didn't show up in most games, cartoons, etc).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Wanda has not had great luck with synergy, though. I mean they've known about WandaVision for as long as Falcon/Winter Soldier, but the latter got a miniseries to be released as a trade in advance of the TV show, and WandaVision just got a repackaging of old stories with a clip-art cover.

Wanda will be in something eventually, probably X-Men related, but I've given up waiting for Marvel to promote her like they promote other MCU characters. Her chance probably came and went in the mid-10s when she couldn't be fully promoted because of her shared movie rights (by which I mean that the shared rights were why she didn't show up in most games, cartoons, etc).
    She got a solo book in 2015, months after she made her movie debut in the MCU. Same with Vison. So that's one example of synergy working in her favor, and showing that it doesn't necessarily has to happen before the production. And remember that other rumor about how they were reconsidering the retcon, but they were waiting on WandaVision to drop before they decided what to do with the character, possibly because they wanted her to be in line with the show? Not that I necessarily believe that, but that's an example of how synergy works too. I'm just saying; if synergy was enough to give both Wanda and Viz solo books when they appeared in a team movie, I don't think it's far-fetched to think they're doing something to go along with their very own TV show.

And again: DARKHOLD, PEOPLE! Wanda was supposed to be right at the center of this mini event, and there's still a lot we don't know about it. Cebulski says that's still happening. Maybe that was a part of their synergy plan all along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If anything, I think this increases the odds of Wanda getting a new book for synergy reasons. It's pretty clear they're doing it with a lot of different properties; Black Widow, Taskmasker, Shang-Chi, Falcon & Winter Soldier, U.S.Agent... it's only a matter of time until it's WandaVision's turn. And according to Bleeding Cool, we haven't seen all of the synergy plans Marvel has, since they haven't yet announced some big Eternals stuff that they allegedly had planned before the pandemic. They just might be in a rescheduling process right now. Remember: we're still waiting for Darkhold. Maybe that would lead to some synergy books.
    I think the other synergy plans might well involve She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, Blade, Black Knight, and SWORD.

Darkhold is likely to be put out to coincide with WandaVision, though. (Which is why Doom was replaced with Wanda on the cover).

And, of course, when a writer needs a plot device, they suddenly remember Wanda exists..
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-07-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think the other synergy plans might well involve She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, Blade, Black Knight, and SWORD.

Darkhold is likely to be put out to coincide with WandaVision, though. (Which is why Doom was replaced with Wanda on the cover).

And, of course, when a writer needs a plot device, they suddenly remember Wanda exists..
    Yeah, Darkhold seems to be Wanda's Disney+ tie-in. Of course we have to remember Wanda will only get a book if someone wants to write her (as what happened with her 2015 book) and it seems that few still want to...