Page 111 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4051
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    [/url]WandaVision Will Reportedly Have At Least Nine Episodes
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...-nine-episodes

Six hours means nine 40-minute episodes.
    That is... very interesting. At least three actors have said the shows are six-hour long, so I guess Marvel Studios pre-established that time for all shows, but decided that maybe some of that screentime might be shared differently for each show. I guess that makes sense for WandaVision, if we stop to think about it. The sitcom episodes might have not required too much screentime, since sitcoms are usually shorter, so they saved that screentime for more episodes on the second part of the show. I think it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Highly doubt it. Covid-19 cases are just SURGING across the United States. I think there will just be more delays actually. I can't imagine the SDCC doing anything with this "second wave" rising. I read that EU countries now want to ban US citizens from coming to their countries because of the virus. This would definitely delay the Falcon and the Winter Soldier from coming out.
    I mean, SDCC Online is doing SOMETHING, because we know Marvel TV's Helstrom will have a panel there. While I do think it's entirely possible WandaVision will be delayed again, I also think it's possible that we might get some new promotional material. They did a teaser for TF&TWS/WV/Loki back in February, so they definitely have enough content for more promo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is... very interesting. At least three actors have said the shows are six-hour long, so I guess Marvel Studios pre-established that time for all shows, but decided that maybe some of that screentime might be shared differently for each show. I guess that makes sense for WandaVision, if we stop to think about it. The sitcom episodes might have not required too much screentime, since sitcoms are usually shorter, so they saved that screentime for more episodes on the second part of the show. I think it can work.

I mean, SDCC Online is doing SOMETHING, because we know Marvel TV's Helstrom will have a panel there. While I do think it's entirely possible WandaVision will be delayed again, I also think it's possible that we might get some new promotional material. They did a teaser for TF&TWS/WV/Loki back in February, so they definitely have enough content for more promo now.
    Oh, they're doing it ONLINE? My mistake. I thought it was an event where people gathered in person physically. Sorry. In that case, we can still get to see some stuff over the Internet. Seems like they do have some content already on hand as you said.

And you're right about sitcoms. I don't remember watching any network sitcom that was more than half an hour long.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-29-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Finally learned how to do it lol

I really hope the MCU takes inspiration from Wada's design for her future uptated costume.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I knew a lot of female comic book fans growing up. It's just a lot of women didn't go into social circles, because it was just rough. We don't get stuck reading those mags. Actually mags in total aren't that popular anymore. We just don't say what we are into often or reveal ourselves to be female right away.

I liked the Ents a lot. I still have an electronic Treebeard figure from about 20 years ago.
    I understand. I definitely feel there's a bit of a stigma reading comic books in public it seems. There were probably a lot of dudes who read comics on public transport while actually covering those books with Newsweek and Time Magazines. But as you said, magazines have definitely declined in popularity in the past couple of decades. People play on their smartphones these days.

I liked Treebeard in the movie and the book. A very wise and interesting leader. And funny too. What I liked about the Middle Earth books that Tolkien never published in his life was that they really went into the backstories of Sauron, Saruman, Gandalf, Galadriel, Arwen and Elrond in a more detailed way. And by the time of the Hobbit, so many Elves, Ents, Dwarves, Dragons, Balrogs and Spiders were gone! Maybe they'll adapt those stories onto the big and small screens someday.

Conventions switching to online is interesting, because I wonder if it could become an aspect that is permanent. Not that they wouldn't ever have the regular conventions, but have it online two for an entry fee. Blizzcon has done that for years. And con crud was always a thing. Now it's just worse. So avoiding that on the regular would be nice.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Jeremy Conrad has confirmed 9 episodes for WandaVision.

Oh, they're doing it ONLINE? My mistake. I thought it was an event where people gathered in person physically. Sorry. In that case, we can still get to see some stuff over the Internet. Seems like they do have some content already on hand as you said.

And you're right about sitcoms. I don't remember watching any network sitcom that was more than half an hour long.
    Conventions going online due to the virus is commonplace know. The various companies just make their announcements online around the time they were going to do it at the convention.

Extraordinary Member

Welp, seems like WandaVision could be the first to launch for MCU Phase 4 now.
    Not sure how I feel about this, but I am not complaining, at least the last quarter of 2020 will deliver some anticipated video games and shows.

Ultimate Member

Mackie waffled during an interview about Winter Soldier / Falcon being like a 'six hour movie, eight hour movie, whatever' which seems to go along with the rumors that WandaVision and Loki are both running past six episodes to perhaps nine or ten. That sounds pretty cool, because six episodes seemed pretty short!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Conventions going online due to the virus is commonplace know. The various companies just make their announcements online around the time they were going to do it at the convention.
    Oh, I see. I didn't know that. Thanks for the update. I heard the EU put the US on a new "travel ban" because of the rise of Covid-19 cases in America. I don't see how the Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be able to film in Europe now. And I doubt they will be able to do any work in California and Georgia (where Marvel bases a lot of their operations) either because of the rapid spread of the virus in those states as well. So I think more delays are inevitable. I personally believe that mandatory face masks, enforced social distancing and extensive washing of hands would DEFINITELY help matters and we could get back to normal sooner. It's been proven to work in many Asian countries which are even CLOSER to China, where the coronavirus originated. I just don't understand why there is so much resistance to these ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Widow also gets delayed AGAIN if things don't improve.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-30-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this, but I am not complaining, at least the last quarter of 2020 will deliver some anticipated video games and shows.
    There is still Black Widow in November and last I heard WandaVision was December before Mr Virus hit

Oh, I see. I didn't know that. Thanks for the update. I heard the EU put the US on a new "travel ban" because of the rise of Covid-19 cases in America. I don't see how the Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be able to film in Europe now. And I doubt they will be able to do any work in California and Georgia (where Marvel bases a lot of their operations in) either because of the rapid spread of the virus in those states as well. So I think more delays are inevitable. I personally believe that mandatory face masks, enforced social distancing and extensive washing of hands would DEFINITELY help matters and we could get back to normal sooner. It's been proven to work in many Asian countries which are even CLOSER to China where the virus originated. I just don't understand why there is so much resistance to these ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Widow also gets delayed AGAIN because of the coronavirus.
    People will always resist change, even if it is for their own good.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this too. I think Disney does have some concerns about WandaVision being Marvel's first Disney+ show. It's supposed to be so experimental and avant-garde, and I think they would probably rather have a more "traditional" product like the Falcon and the Winter Soldier debut on this platform before they do WandaVision. Just in case the latter does not get the reception they hope to receive because of its perceived "weirdness".
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-30-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    People will always resist change, even if it is for their own good.
    I understand these things are a little bit inconvenient and uncomfortable. But it's not even a PERMANENT change. It'll just be temporary. Then we can get back to watching the shows and movies we know and love. But I guess the desire to PARTY DOWN is too overwhelming! LOL!

I spoke too soon. I think work on the Falcon and the Winter Soldier could very well get back on track because of certain "exemptions":

https://variety.com/2020/film/global...ve-1234694186/

I think even GenericUsername would consider Variety to be a reliable source!