Page 227 of 271 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4051
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Paul Bettany basically doing all the promo lol
    starts talking about Wandavision at minute 1:56
    Yeah, I've noticed how Lizzie doesn't seem to be doing remote press like he is. Maybe she's busy? And it sucks, because if she doesn't do it now, it's going to be even harder for her to do it in the next few months, since she has to film Doctor Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed how Lizzie doesn't seem to be doing remote press like he is. Maybe she's busy? And it sucks, because if she doesn't do it now, it's going to be even harder for her to do it in the next few months, since she has to film Doctor Strange.
    She starts next month, so it's even less than that. Which prep for that could be keeping her busy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    To be fair, the articles are over five years old. I was not aware that it's been established that Janet did not give the Avengers their name! It's an absolute travesty they're removing that fact from the books. Why on earth would Marvel Comics do that? They must hate nostalgia so much. I'm hoping she gets her due in the next Ant-Man movie.
    Jan did name the Avengers, the fact she didn't was a false memory created by Voyager which was undone when Voyager was exposed
    Last edited by leokearon; 11-25-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Jan did name the Avengers, the fact she didn't was a false memory created by Voyager which was undone when Voyager was exposed
    And then in movies they decided to give it to Carol. Being that Jan has barely a presence in comics nor movies, doesn't help things. Same with video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I complained about this earlier in the thread, but I do acknowledge that Paul is promoting his OTHER project, Uncle Frank, which I believe is coming out today. So I understand why he's been doing a lot of interviews lately. Lizzie has nothing else going on, so I get why she is quiet. I just think it would be nice if she promoted WandaVision a bit more. I know these interviews are pointless fishing expeditions for storylines, but I do think the folks involved with WandaVision should at least go through the motions of "endorsing" their work. I guess the magazine interviews are all we're gonna get from the cast for the time being. To be fair, the cast of the new Wonder Woman movie coming out in December (earlier than WandaVision) have done even LESS interviews than the cast of WandaVision (besides Paul).

I feel bad because I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE laugh tracks. I GREW UP watching sitcoms with laugh tracks. I thought there was a lot of dynamism and energy when LIVE studio audiences interacted with the cast using laugh tracks. They were like plays for national audiences. I DESPISE sitcoms that rely on awkward silences and commentary to portray humor. But I'm just an old-fashioned dude, so that might be why I NEVER liked Modern Family or the Office. Ed O'Neill will ALWAYS be Al Bundy to me and NOT Jay Pritchett. But I do understand that you can tell more jokes without a laugh track. GenericUsername might be surprised to hear this, but I HATE snarky humor in sitcoms. I ONLY enjoy them in superhero movies/shows.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-25-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think a huge reason that I don't like Marvel books these days is that they give more credence to the films than they do to their own history. I think the films were fine for what they were, but I still prefer the original source material.
    I TOTALLY get what you're saying. I think the films hurt Hank and Janet by downplaying their significance. I had no idea this had a negative affect on the characters in the comic books. But I do think the movies MASSIVELY improved on folks like the Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man (Scott), Thor, Loki, Thanos, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Captain America. I like their film versions. It's the SUPPORTING characters like the Hulk (I'm surprised to include him amongst this group), Hawkeye, War Machine, Falcon, and Vision that have suffered. And notice I didn't mention anything about the WOMEN characters in the MCU? I think for the most part they've been portrayed horribly. Wanda is doing a little bit better, but not by much in my view:

"She spent Age of Ultron giving everyone visions of their deaths/failures. Other than that it's mostly been standing in the background pushing stuff or going pew pew pew." I expect this will change in WandaVision.

Cuote from the Empire magazine:

“Paul and I have always taken care of our corner, but this time it’s just that the whole story is her story. It’s not about fulfilling a piece of the puzzle, to help the bigger picture.” - Elizabeth Olsen for EMPIRE

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And then in movies they decided to give it to Carol. Being that Jan has barely a presence in comics nor movies, doesn't help things. Same with video games.
    Well, more like Fury used Carol's Air Force codename to name the Avengers instead of her just naming them. Which never actually comes up in Endgame, which begs the question what was the point ?

Man, I want more Jan...

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda and Jan could lead a team called the Forgotten Avengers

No wonder Lizzie isn't doing interviews. She's busy!:

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...-double-header

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, more like Fury used Carol's Air Force codename to name the Avengers instead of her just naming them. Which never actually comes up in Endgame, which begs the question what was the point ?

Man, I want more Jan...
    It was for feminism.

Taking from one woman to give to another doesn't really have anything to do with feminism. Jan's role being severely reduced had to do with Antman taking ten years to come up with a script and Marvel Studios not hiring someone else right away when that failure started to materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    No wonder Lizzie isn't doing interviews. She's busy!:

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...-double-header
    So I figured. Actors stay pretty busy with pre and post production with most stuff and have more than one project going on, plus personal lives. We will see much of Wanda in the coming years, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Man, I want more Jan...
    We all do. What I would give for a comic with Jan and Wanda in it again. UA gave us a taste of that, but the focus was too much on other things. I'd like to see them on the main line Avengers team again.