Page 29 of 271 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Maybe it's for the people who weren't happy that Wanda is the MCU's strongest heroine and not Carol and now can take some comfort/pleasure of seeing Wanda being trashed by Carol
    It's literally the other way around, Lets be honest Carol has a lot of haters, so they should be happy if she wasn't the most powerful and happy for Wanda since they only HoM and think she can go those levels always

Ins't Kelly writing Star as well?

Maybe she didn't put Wanda cause she put her in Star

I don't like seeing Wanda being used like that, i can tell that the Thor fans are mad as well cause he lost the fight against her (even if she only won cause she make him left mjolnir)

At least Wanda ins't on the comic so she didn't lost to her

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's literally the other way around, Lets be honest Carol has a lot of haters, so they should be happy if she wasn't the most powerful and happy for Wanda since they only HoM and think she can go those levels always
    That's not the way it's shaking out on social media. People are upset. But they should realize that it doesn't matter.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ins't Kelly writing Star as well?

Maybe she didn't put Wanda cause she put her in Star

I don't like seeing Wanda being used like that, i can tell that the Thor fans are mad as well cause he lost the fight against her (even if she only won cause she make him left mjolnir)

At least Wanda ins't on the comic so she didn't lost to her
    I don't think comics have worked like that since the bronze age. They now put characters in books when it wouldn't make sense for them to be in two places at once. But that was a Shooter rule, and he's long since gone.

It Is on youTube, in every Channel about comics and stuff they prefer Wanda over Carol, just a minority on Twitter are backing Carol, i know it sounds rude but it's the truth...

It Is on youTube, in every Channel about comics and stuff they prefer Wanda over Carol, just a minority on Twitter are backing Carol, i know it sounds rude but it's the truth...
    Youtube is not fan reaction though. A lot of those vids don't even get character backstories right. They are just there for clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not the way it's shaking out on social media. People are upset. But they should realize that it doesn't matter.
    Well i'm a lot on Twitter and the majority of the reactions were good about Wanda being the strongest (of course not from the CM fans and some Thor fans)

All-New Member

It's just a variant cover, one of his other covers includes bruce's hulk, who is also not in the book (ghost rider is also not in it fyi). I doubt that the artist put a lot of thought into it, as long the main team was included, it probably didn't matter which other characters he picked.

Most youtube channels are dudebros who hate Brie Larson and Captain Marvel.

Idk if someone posted this but

Kotobukiya has started its Scalet Witch 1/10 scale ARTFX Premier figure preorders. July 2020 release for ¥17,600.

Attachment 93335
    Attachment 93336
    Attachment 93337
    That is beautiful! Gotta get it.

Well i'm a lot on Twitter and the majority of the reactions were good about Wanda being the strongest (of course not from the CM fans and some Thor fans)
    Yeah it's Carol fans that I'm talking about, and on reddit. And I'm sitting there hoping that they can just be best friends again.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-19-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Most youtube channels are dudebros who hate Brie Larson and Captain Marvel.
    Yeah I've seen some of those ridiculous takes in the comments there. Those types are an embarrassment to the fandom.

Extraordinary Member

There are reasons not to like MCU Carol (I just don't think she has much of a personality yet, but neither does MCU Wanda - hopefully both will get better) but there definitely are people who seemingly pretend to like Wanda because she's a more old-fashioned character and also because they need to prove they don't hate all powerful women.

The difference between them is one reason I find them more interesting as friends than Carol and Jessica Drew/Jones, who are similar characters while Wanda is a Silver Age heroine with a very different style and attitude and more passive powerset than Carol. Writers have trouble thinking of two such different characters going together but that's what makes it cool.

As Wonder Man said when he met Carol: "She doesn't just strike a pose and point like Wanda or the Wasp! She hauls off and belts people - like a man would!" (Simon had only just come back from the dead when this happened so he wasn't used to a superheroine like Carol, but he got over it.)

I found her to be fine, and well within what I've expected of Carol since she took on the Captain Marvel moniker. And it was a run of the mill hero story, but everyone gets that. She's just no different. They will most likely expand on that later. I like what the next phase has cooked up. And hopefully it'll get better from there. People need to be thankful that comics characters have become this popular. For decades most of us could only dream about movies and merchandise like this. And weren't accepted well for liking comics. It was restricted to very niche exposure.

The only problem I had with the MCU Carol was the hype. Marvel hyped her up as a powerful heroine who possibly was the only hope against Thanos, and when she does encounter Thanos, she doesn't fare well, while Wanda nearly kills him.