Page 179 of 271 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4051

Things from HOM: The cubes aesthetic, the idea of Wanda creating this "fake" supposedly ideal reality and being devastated when she loses it.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch: Wanda and Vision getting married and trying to fit in as a traditional family in the suburbs, halloween episode, Wanda getting pregnant and having the twins.

Vision solo: The aesthetics, Wanda and the kids possibly taking "Vision" as a surname, Sparky.

And my guess: A mystical origin for Wanda connecting her to magic/witchcraft inspired by Nights of Wundagore and/or the Scarlet Witch solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The WandaVision Trailer Confirms Scarlet Witch Is a Thanos-Level MCU Threat
    https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-wa...-level-threat/

How Old Is Scarlet Witch In The MCU? & 9 Other Things You Didn't Know About Her
    https://www.cbr.com/how-old-is-scarlet-witch-mcu-facts/
    CBR main site being click bait as usual.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Things from HOM: The cubes aesthetic, the idea of Wanda creating this "fake" supposedly ideal reality and being devastated when she loses it.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch: Wanda and Vision getting married and trying to fit in as a traditional family in the suburbs, halloween episode, Wanda getting pregnant and having the twins.

Vision solo: The aesthetics, Wanda and the kids possibly taking "Vision" as a surname, Sparky.

And my guess: A mystical origin for Wanda connecting her to magic/witchcraft inspired by Nights of Wundagore and/or the Scarlet Witch solo.
    We don't know yet that Wanda is creating this or if it's how things are spliced together. But I hope there is some Nights of Wundagore stuff. It makes me sad that the last season of EMH was supposed to get that before it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    HOM is bad source material no matter what story you are planning.
    Real truth spoken here.

What's the beef with reality warping Wanda? Honestly MCU should have used the reality stone for her powers anyway the mind stone doesn't even make sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We don't know yet that Wanda is creating this or if it's how things are spliced together. But I hope there is some Nights of Wundagore stuff. It makes me sad that the last season of EMH was supposed to get that before it was cancelled.
    In the Disney Plus teaser she is clearly not in control as she is zapped out of the television and the world shifts around her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What's the beef with reality warping Wanda? Honestly MCU should have used the reality stone for her powers anyway the mind stone doesn't even make sense.
    It's because of Avengers Disassembled and House of M, which made the case that Wanda had an uncontrollable power to manipulate reality and this power made her unable to tell the difference between reality and her own imagination. i.e. she was ominipotent and insane.

All magic is basically a form of "reality warping" but Wanda's fans prefer the idea that she is using skill to make things happen, not just bending all reality to her whim.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, I know it's not really confirmed she's the one who created it, but I do think that's the case. I find it more likely that the speculated villain, whether it's Mephisto, Chthon, Nightmare, or even Agatha, will see what she has done and want to take advantage of it or corrupt her, or maybe they somehow manipulate her into doing it into the first place, but didn't create the whole thing and just put her in there.

Looking at the scene of Monica being taken out of it, it seems to me like there's an actual physical part in the world that has been turned into the sitcom one with some sort of force field around it. So I have a guess that she literally used her powers on a TV and made the world around look like the one portrayed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Her reality warping powers could be coming from Chthon like the comics. Her science related powers come from the stone and are the natural tk/mind stuff they gave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    In the Disney Plus teaser she is clearly not in control as she is zapped out of the television and the world shifts around her.
    Yes but it can all be a dream or a nightmare. That's why I never assume what's going on from trailers. Avengers had whole scenes in the trailers that weren't in the movies.

Extraordinary Member

Chris Yost tweeted a list of proposed episodes for the never-made third season of "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and, as expected, the Scarlet Witch would have finally joined and had a huge role that season.

Oh, what we missed out on when Jeph Loeb took over Marvel Animation.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Chris Yost tweeted a list of proposed episodes for the never-made third season of "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and, as expected, the Scarlet Witch would have finally joined and had a huge role that season.

Oh, what we missed out on when Jeph Loeb took over Marvel Animation.
    They were also going to adapt House of M for the season finale, and it sounds like Wanda would've willingly gone along with it. Or she decides against going along with her father and brother only for them to force her to do it through the Phoenix Force.

She also would've become Dark Phoenix.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They were also going to adapt House of M for the season finale, and it sounds like Wanda would've willingly gone along with it. Or she decides against going along with her father and brother only for them to force her to do it through the Phoenix Force.

She also would've become Dark Phoenix.
    Oh, maybe. I thought his description of the season finale sounded more like an Avengers vs. X-Men type of thing where it's Wanda's full power vs. the Phoenix.

Either way, of course, there's no getting away from the constant power-ups and "she's dangerously out-of-control powerful" stories but I'd still have accepted it to see all the other stories with her in them.

S3E26 AVENGERS WORLD
    It's the Avengers and X-Men versus the fury of the Dark Phoenix! The chilling nature of the Scarlet Witch's true power is revealed as reality itself breaks. Will either team survive? #AvengersEMH10

Yeah it wasn't saying Wanda became the Phoenix but took it on. As in versus. And these are things he's mulled over in the last ten years, not everything would have been in that season at the time the show was still on.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

That's pretty much my take on it as well. Oh, and add John Byrne's West Coast Avengers there too, 'cause Charles Murphy said that would be an inspiration, and he's been spot on on all his WandaVision scoops. My guess is that the inspiration from Byrne's run will be White Vision, since he specifically mentioned the Vision Quest arc.

There's also probably more inspirations that we don't even have any clue about because we don't know more details about the show. Like, we still don't know who Evan Peters is supposedly playing. Could be the villain, and depending on who the villain even is, there are also several stories they could be taking inspiration from.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2020 at 06:57 PM.