Page 132 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d put her in her back in her The Crossing costume and have her join the X-Men and be on that comic for at least five years.
    No thank you.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She can act as Jean's stand in, since that's what she looks like
    That's one of the things I hated about that. Let Wanda have her own identity.

Nope, just "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"
    Then are you calling me an "feckin eejit", good sir?!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-26-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

For 1990's Looks if she had to sport one again, I usally prefered the Short-Haired Dress Style Look from Forceworks.

As long as the Artist gives off a more Feminite style in the artwork to it rather then being Rob Liefeld like.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I've spoken about why a few times on this forum. The two points are basically that Marvel never did much with it, and didn't do well with it. I feel like she has more of an opportunity to establish her own niche without it and own identity. I get why some people want it. Mostly because of the link to Magneto. I just don't share it. And I don't think it's essential for being a big fan of Wanda. Because most of her time was spent without it. Most of her stories were with Avengers. Her relationships too. And ever since the 70s, magic has taken a bigger role. Her relationship with Agatha becoming more definitive. It's really not that strange when you consider most of her history.
    The reason why I brought the topic forward was because I wasn't talking about the past. I was speaking of the future. From what I've read on this thread, Wanda might be doing some important things related to mutants in the upcoming months. I had thought you wanted Wanda to appear more in the books and this might be happening...It's just gonna be tied to the X-Universe. I had thought after more than five years of not being a mutant, she's be far removed from X-issues at this point. I'm not particularly keen on Wanda getting into the mutant weeds all over again. But I have to grudgingly concede that a lot of comic book readers want that to happen. It's probably the majority of them. I don't get the Magneto thing. Logically speaking, it makes no sense a dude like him should be the father of Pietro, Wanda or Lorna. He's just way too old to have kids that young. And he should look more like Mel Brooks or Doc Severinsen than anybody else at this point. Don't readers understand Magneto being the daddy of those three kids makes no chronological sense?

One thing I've noticed on this thread is a deep sense of defeatism. It's like the posters here are now even past the point of being frustrated and disappointed with how Marvel Comics has handled Wanda's character (with the notable exception of CJStriker) and are sort of resigned to Wanda heading back to the mutant world. I think the MCU is the only thing preventing Wanda from going back to the way she was. And from what I understand, a lot of older comic book fans still associate Wanda with Vision and the Avengers in a really nostalgic and sentimental way. I am often surprised at how many hardcore "nerds" and "geeks" still love the Vision & the Scarlet Witch mini-series and quite a few consider that to be one of their all-time favorites. I guess I wasn't the only one. That's partly why I loved Age of Ultron so much. To see Vision and Wanda introduced in that film was literally like watching my childhood come to life on screen. It was seriously like seeing old friends you've lost touch with over a long stretch of time, you know? I think a lot of people felt the same way. I would hate for Wanda to get sucked into more mutant drama in the films and shows if they follow the comics. That's not how I want her to be remembered for by television and movie audiences. In regards to Vision, I never dreamed he would spend most of the time on screen in sweaters and slacks. He's more Cary Grant than Optimus Prime. I actually like that creative decision. I thought it made no sense for him to wear his "battle costume" in the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series when not "on duty". And in the House of M stuff I saw online, he was STILL dressed in battle costume while at Wanda's side when she was giving birth. I was like WHY?!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-26-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The reason why I brought the topic forward was because I wasn't talking about the past. I was speaking of the future. From what I've read on this thread, Wanda might be doing some important things related to mutants in the upcoming months. I had thought you wanted Wanda to appear more in the books and this might be happening...It's just gonna be tied to the X-Universe. I had thought after more than five years of not being a mutant, she's be far removed from X-issues at this point. I'm not particularly keen on Wanda getting into the mutant weeds all over again. But I have to grudgingly concede that a lot of comic book readers want that to happen. It's probably the majority of them. I don't get the Magneto thing. Logically speaking, it makes no sense a dude like him should be the father of Pietro, Wanda or Lorna. He's just way too old to have kids that young. And he should look more like Mel Brooks or Doc Severinsen than anybody else at this point. Don't readers understand Magneto being the daddy of those three kids makes no chronological sense?

One thing I've noticed on this thread is a deep sense of defeatism. It's like the posters here are now even past the point of being frustrated and disappointed with how Marvel Comics has handled Wanda's character (with the notable exception of CJStriker) and are sort of resigned to Wanda heading back to the mutant world. I think the MCU is the only thing preventing Wanda from going back to the way she was. And from what I understand, a lot of older comic book fans still associate Wanda with Vision and the Avengers in a really nostalgic and sentimental way. I am often surprised at how many hardcore "nerds" and "geeks" still love the Vision & the Scarlet Witch mini-series and quite a few consider that to be one of their all-time favorites. I guess I wasn't the only one. That's partly why I loved Age of Ultron so much. To see Vision and Wanda introduced in that film was literally like watching my childhood come to life on screen. It was seriously like seeing old friends you've lost touch with over a long stretch of time, you know? I think a lot of people felt the same way. I would hate for Wanda to get sucked into more mutant drama in the films and shows if they follow the comics. That's not how I want her to be remembered for by television and movie audiences. In regards to Vision, I never dreamed he would spend most of the time on screen in sweaters and slacks. He's more Cary Grant than Optimus Prime. I actually like that creative decision. I thought it made no sense for him to wear his "battle costume" in the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series when not "on duty". And in the House of M stuff I saw online, he was STILL dressed in battle costume while at Wanda's side when she was giving birth. I was like WHY?!
    We have no indication of what Wanda is doing in the couple of months. Just that she was in the X-Men tie in to Empyre. She doesn't show up in the October solicits. Unless she's hidden away somewhere in Strange Academy. There's nothing more than a Halloween related variant cover with her and She-Hulk on it. Other than that she's only supposed to be in Empyre Avengers, not the main one but the one written by Zub.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We have no indication of what Wanda is doing in the couple of months. Just that she was in the X-Men tie in to Empyre. She doesn't show up in the October solicits. Unless she's hidden away somewhere in Strange Academy. There's nothing more than a Halloween related variant cover with her and She-Hulk on it. Other than that she's only supposed to be in Empyre Avengers, not the main one but the one written by Zub.
    Oh thanks for clearing things up. Man following stories in comics can be really confusing!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

One thing I've noticed on this thread is a deep sense of defeatism. It's like the posters here are now even past the point of being frustrated and disappointed with how Marvel Comics has handled Wanda's character (with the notable exception of CJStriker) and are sort of resigned to Wanda heading back to the mutant world.
    I think the MCU is the only thing preventing Wanda from going back to the way she was. And from what I understand, a lot of older comic book fans still associate Wanda with Vision and the Avengers in a really nostalgic and sentimental way. I am often surprised at how many hardcore "nerds" and "geeks" still love the Vision & the Scarlet Witch mini-series and quite a few consider that to be one of their all-time favorites. I guess I wasn't the only one. That's partly why I loved Age of Ultron so much. To see Vision and Wanda introduced in that film was literally like watching my childhood come to life on screen. It was seriously like seeing old friends you've lost touch with over a long stretch of time, you know? I think a lot of people felt the same way. I would hate for Wanda to get sucked into more mutant drama in the films and shows if they follow the comics. That's not how I want her to be remembered for by television and movie audiences. In regards to Vision, I never dreamed he would spend most of the time on screen in sweaters and slacks. He's more Cary Grant than Optimus Prime. I actually like that creative decision. I thought it made no sense for him to wear his "battle costume" in the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series when not "on duty". And in the House of M stuff I saw online, he was STILL dressed in battle costume while at Wanda's side when she was giving birth. I was like WHY?!
    Hey Albert1981.

Your Heart comes from the Right place, I would not thought be so wording that it is a sense of defeatism when it come to some concerns with Wanda's Fans, it really is just the ideal that Wanda's character especially after the debacle of Dissembles, HoM and the 6-7 year 2000's absense that many fans don't have much trust Marvel Elites to do Wanda justice mostly when it comes to revisisting these old HoM stories. They either don't seem to go far enought or don't conclude the way the should, Marvel just seem to drag their feet like they did back in the days of the early 2010's when it came to this. We Got some conclusions, but it was a hard road to get their.

So now Thanks to the MCU allot, it seems Wanda in the last half a decade moved away from these stories and many fans where happy. So to revisit is just not that things have failed for Wanda, it is just a Deep caring and Love for her Character that many fellow Wanda Fans don't want to see her character go threw anymore espcially with Marvel's track record I just went over.

I can feel the same way as well, But Honestly we have to wait and see, but it is best for Fans to vent and give their real views on these subjects cause it helps us get threw this Together when we Feel Our Wanda is being put threw a hard time.

We get threw it together and Figure Things out Together, that is this Community of Fans.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

My ~~~ Why is Wanda Maximoff One The Most COMPLEX/LAYERED Characters in the Marvel Universe!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5068719

Extraordinary Member

I am probably gonna play dead till Darkhold comes out.
    Any notable Wanda appearance aside from Star?
    And what's the deal with Hickman?

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hey Albert1981.

Your Heart comes from the Right place, I would not thought be so wording that it is a sense of defeatism when it come to some concerns with Wanda's Fans, it really is just the ideal that Wanda's character especially after the debacle of Dissembles, HoM and the 6-7 year 2000's absense that many fans don't have much trust Marvel Elites to do Wanda justice mostly when it comes to revisisting these old HoM stories. They either don't seem to go far enought or don't conclude the way the should, Marvel just seem to drag their feet like they did back in the days of the early 2010's when it came to this. We Got some conclusions, but it was a hard road to get their.

So now Thanks to the MCU allot, it seems Wanda in the last half a decade moved away from these stories and many fans where happy. So to revisit is just not that things have failed for Wanda, it is just a Deep caring and Love for her Character that many fellow Wanda Fans don't want to see her character go threw anymore espcially with Marvel's track record I just went over.

I can feel the same way as well, But Honestly we have to wait and see, but it is best for Fans to vent and give their real views on these subjects cause it helps us get threw this Together when we Feel Our Wanda is being put threw a hard time.

We get threw it together and Figure Things out Together, that is this Community of Fans.
    Yeah, it isn't defeatism, it's genuine concern. It's hard to trust Marvel will do Wanda justice given all the crap she was given in the last 15 or so years. Not only that, but Marvel haven't be treating many of their characters well with endless events, hero vs hero fights, mass extinction events, deals with the not-devil, badly handlied replacements, thinking nazi are cool, I could go on.

Redacted...
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-27-2020 at 12:40 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Same here, I love Wanda and the X-men, I want them to get along and both have been treated like dirt by Marvel ever since M-Day with one becoming a pariah and the other getting blasted with Mass Extinction events ever few years in order to keep the idea that they should be a minority. I want M-Day (to use a Furmanism) to be over.. finished, but (to use another Furmanism) it never ends.

Yeah, it isn't defeatism, it's genuine concern. It's hard to trust Marvel will do Wanda justice given all the crap she was given in the last 15 or so years. Not only that, but Marvel haven't be treating many of their characters well with endless events, hero vs hero fights, mass extinction events, deals with the not-devil, badly handlied replacements, thinking nazi are cool, I could go on.
    Isn’t that a quote for truth, Heck recently after his House of M review Linkara tackled that uggh Secret Empire and wow did he hit its issues right, showing what problems their where and Marvel at the time with many heroes and concepts;