Page 133 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She can act as Jean's stand in, since that's what she looks like
    I don't think she looked like Jean in that but i wish that costume would have lasted longer.

Taking her out of Avengers for a while and have her develop in the mutant world would be ideal for her character and give some redemption.

Retcon the retcon and make her Magneto's daughter again.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I don't think she looked like Jean in that but i wish that costume would have lasted longer.

Taking her out of Avengers for a while and have her develop in the mutant world would be ideal for her character and give some redemption.

Retcon the retcon and make her Magneto's daughter again.
    Nothing will grant her redemption. It would just put her in books without people she's even familiar with. Anytime she's even made an appearance on that side it's been bad for her.

She had already tried to repower mutants. The response was burn the witch. She helped Hope power other mutants, that wasn't enough. She created a planet for mutants and was killed by one. Us Wanda fans have spent 15 years fighting off X-fans coming here to attack her, to fight with us. Even going as far as to say she deserved to be raped and brutalized by an army of mutants.

We are tired of all of this. The M-day stuff being relived all the time is garbage. Her having to constantly make up for a sexist and ableist storyline is garbage.

She's better off on the Avengers side. She has her own identity, friends, family and support system on the Avengers side. She has her main interest and major source of her powers (magic) on this side. There's no real reason for her to be on the x-side or for us to keep re-reading the same failed redemption suggestions.

She needs new stories that aren't anchored to that hack storyline years ago.

And yes, she looked just like Jean. There were no distinguishing differences. X-Men have plenty of characters. They don't need Wanda too.

Magneto was an abusive father that she barely had anything to do with and hates.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-27-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Interesting information. Very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am probably gonna play dead till Darkhold comes out.
    Any notable Wanda appearance aside from Star?
    And what's the deal with Hickman?
    Your guess is as good as mine!

In that new Darkhold cover that we got, Wanda has her classic costume too

Might be just the artist decision or who knows

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hey Albert1981.

Your Heart comes from the Right place, I would not thought be so wording that it is a sense of defeatism when it come to some concerns with Wanda's Fans, it really is just the ideal that Wanda's character especially after the debacle of Dissembles, HoM and the 6-7 year 2000's absense that many fans don't have much trust Marvel Elites to do Wanda justice mostly when it comes to revisisting these old HoM stories. They either don't seem to go far enought or don't conclude the way the should, Marvel just seem to drag their feet like they did back in the days of the early 2010's when it came to this. We Got some conclusions, but it was a hard road to get their.

So now Thanks to the MCU allot, it seems Wanda in the last half a decade moved away from these stories and many fans where happy. So to revisit is just not that things have failed for Wanda, it is just a Deep caring and Love for her Character that many fellow Wanda Fans don't want to see her character go threw anymore espcially with Marvel's track record I just went over.

I can feel the same way as well, But Honestly we have to wait and see, but it is best for Fans to vent and give their real views on these subjects cause it helps us get threw this Together when we Feel Our Wanda is being put threw a hard time.

We get threw it together and Figure Things out Together, that is this Community of Fans.
    Trust me, a lot of girls I know don't think I actually have a heart. But thanks for the kind words and nice compliments. Perhaps exasperation is the more appropriate term to describe the sentiments of the posters of this thread. Generally speaking, I don't feel you guys are a particularly happy bunch. And there's good reason for that. It looks like Wanda has been pretty unhappy for a while in the comics. On screen this is very different. She looks like she's in a good place there. I hope it EVENTUALLY will rub off in the books.

Wanda's and Vision's portrayals in the movies are both weird and appealing to me. And I didn't start off feeling this way. They GREW ON me. I mean, Wanda was portrayed as a goth emo chick who was WAY too close to her brother in Age of Ultron, and yet at the same time she's a devout Eastern Orthodox Christian? From what I remember in the comics, Wanda was ALWAYS a conservative personality to me. Whether in dress or values. Family is really important to her. So I think the movies did her good by portraying her that way. I don't know if that's because she was born and raised in a rural community in Europe or not. I can only assume that's the case. And like the rest of the MCU girls, she's not frivolous. Her being portrayed as a wife and mother on sitcoms only reinforces Wanda's strong adherence in traditional beliefs (I view sitcoms as a conservative form of entertainment stressing family values for the most part). Only this time they're not Sokovian. They're American. So I'm really cool with how the MCU is treating her. When it comes to Vision, I never imagined him to be BRITISH. I always just assumed he was beyond nationality. But as I've watched the films, I've come to agree with his portrayal as well. He literally sounds like a butler, but I enjoy the regal and dignified air he has about him. There's definitely something really elegant and sophisticated about him which I don't remember from the comic books. For somebody who's only a few years old, he's quite worldly and extremely knowledgeable. His love of the arts and Cary Grant style clothing easily makes him the most stylish and refined Avenger by far. His disdain for combat was a bit of a surprise to me, but GenericUsername told me that's true to his character, so I'm okay with that now. I also like how the writers and directors stopped him from being too powerful after Age of Ultron and made him more vulnerable later on. I know some Vision fans didn't like that change, but I think it makes a lot of sense and made him more interesting. The one thing I'm curious about is this: Was Vision as socially inept in the comic books as in the movies? He literally didn't understand how to read simple recipes and the concept of privacy eluded him. I don't remember him being like that, but I actually like that approach to him as well. It makes him more funny in my eyes. Again, I see Vision as a pretty conservative person holding traditional values. So I think him being a husband and father suits him rather well. So the two fit well together. I was a bit disappointed that Wanda and Vision weren't as "integrated" with the rest of the Avengers in the movies, but I think I understand why now. The things they care about are REALLY different from the rest of the team. It was striking to me that things like the fate of the entire universe and power politics were of little concern to them. They had other priorities and I don't have to mention to you what they were. I'm just wondering, is this also true in the comic books as well? I don't remember them being like that, but I might have missed some issues.

And is it just me that Wanda's and Vision's relationship is totally NOT based on sexual passion at all? I don't get that vibe from them. It seems they just have really similar outlooks on life and the world. Or am I the only one that feels that way? In the comic books, I didn't get that feeling either.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-27-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wanda's and Vision's portrayals in the movies are both weird and appealing to me. And I didn't start off feeling this way. They GREW ON me. I mean, Wanda was portrayed as a goth emo chick who was WAY too close to her brother in Age of Ultron, and yet at the same time she's a devout Eastern Orthodox Christian? From what I remember in the comics, Wanda was ALWAYS a conservative personality to me. Whether in dress or values. Family is really important to her. So I think the movies did her good by portraying her that way. I don't know if that's because she was born and raised in a rural community in Europe or not. I can only assume that's the case. And like the rest of the MCU girls, she's not frivolous. Her being portrayed as a wife and mother on sitcoms only reinforces Wanda's strong adherence in traditional beliefs (I view sitcoms as a conservative form of entertainment stressing family values for the most part). Only this time they're not Sokovian. They're American. So I'm really cool with how the MCU is treating her. When it comes to Vision, I never imagined him to be BRITISH. I always just assumed he was beyond nationality. But as I've watched the films, I've come to agree with his portrayal as well. He literally sounds like a butler, but I enjoy the regal and dignified air he has about him. There's definitely something really elegant and sophisticated about him which I don't remember from the comic books. For somebody who's only a few years old, he's quite worldly and extremely knowledgeable. His love of the arts and Cary Grant style clothing easily makes him the most stylish and refined Avenger by far. His disdain for combat was a bit of a surprise to me, but GenericUsername told me that's true to his character, so I'm okay with that now. I also like how the writers and directors stopped him from being too powerful after Age of Ultron and made him more vulnerable later on. I know some Vision fans didn't like that change, but I think it makes a lot of sense and made him more interesting. The one thing I'm curious about is this: Was Vision as socially inept in the comic books as in the movies? He literally didn't understand how to read simple recipes and the concept of privacy eluded him. I don't remember him being like that, but I actually like that approach to him as well. It makes him more funny in my eyes. Again, I see Vision as a pretty conservative person holding traditional values. So I think him being a husband and father suits him rather well. So the two fit well together. I was a bit disappointed that Wanda and Vision weren't as "integrated" with the rest of the Avengers in the movies, but I think I understand why now. The things they care about are REALLY different from the rest of the team. It was striking to me that things like the fate of the entire universe and power politics were of little concern to them. They had other priorities and I don't have to mention to you what they were. I'm just wondering, is this also true in the comic books as well? I don't remember them being like that, but I might have missed some issues.

And is it just me that Wanda's and Vision's relationship is totally NOT based on sexual passion at all? I don't get that vibe from them. It seems they just have really similar outlooks on life and the world. Or am I the only one that feels that way? In the comic books, I didn't get that feeling either.
    You missed much of their relationship if you think it wasn't based on sexual passion at all. Especially after they were first married.

Wanda in comics wasn't sure about having kids at first, but did value family, because she lost her's. Pietro was the only one she had left. Until they found out that Django was still alive, then found out that Marya was still alive much, much later.

There are times she's been conservative in dress, and other times not. Her marriage to Vision was very unorthodox though. So she wasn't conservative by that measure. She's not frivolous because she grew up very poor.

Vision is played by a British man in the movies, and British men were stereotyped as butlers on TV and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You missed much of their relationship if you think it wasn't based on sexual passion at all. Especially after they were first married.

Wanda in comics wasn't sure about having kids at first, but did value family, because she lost her's. Pietro was the only one she had left. Until they found out that Django was still alive, then found out that Marya was still alive much, much later.

There are times she's been conservative in dress, and other times not. Her marriage to Vision was very unorthodox though. So she wasn't conservative by that measure. She's not frivolous because she grew up very poor.

Vision is played by a British man in the movies, and British men were stereotyped as butlers on TV and movies.
    I guess I did miss some important issues. I just remember them from the 90s. I just always thought Wanda was conservative in OUTLOOK most of the time. I don't see her as a bra burner, you know? I can't picture her being involved in women's lib stuff and/or being friends with benefits with ANYBODY. Janet, Crystal, Emma Frost, Black Widow, Gamora and Rogue seemed more interested in that kind of thing. I think she's been dressing more modestly in the comics lately. Which I like. Her marriage to Vision was really weird, but it definitely showed what kind of personality she had. I think both her and Vision should dress in "civilian" clothes more often in the comics. I think the movies did it right with their sartorial choices. And I don't know why American sitcoms LOVE British butlers (Mr. Belvedere, Niles the Butler and Geoffrey Butler). I'm sure there are great butlers from all over the world, but you wouldn't know it by watching TV. Even the Stark family hired Edwin Jarvis and he was from the UK as well. I do like the idea of Vision being based on Jarvis's personality. I NEVER thought that Vision's personality was similar at all to Simon Williams' in the books (and they should have been because of their shared "brain patterns"). At least in Age of Ultron, Ultron's personality was like Stark's. If I was Marvel Comics, I would change Vision's origins to have him have Jarvis's brain patterns because they ARE alike. And then Wanda can develop a crush on Edwin later on and that would be funny.

And I also think it worked out nicely, for the most part, that Fox possessed the rights to the mutants for so long. I think if Marvel Studios had access to those characters twenty years ago, I don't think Wanda would be an Avenger and WandaVision might not have happened at all. Fox holding on to those rights gave Wanda AND Vision a chance to truly shine and make them more popular than I could have ever imagined. Unfortunately, I think it DESTROYED any chance for Quicksilver to develop as a character in the MCU. He was a big casualty of the Fox-Disney war over mutants. So I have mixed feelings about the subject.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-27-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Some fan arts from Twitter, the name of the creators are on the images

I hope her final costume or the one in Dr Strange 2 look like these

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess I did miss some important issues. I just remember them from the 90s. I just always thought Wanda was conservative in OUTLOOK most of the time. I don't see her as a bra burner, you know? I can't picture her being involved in women's lib stuff and/or being friends with benefits with ANYBODY. Janet, Crystal, Emma Frost, Black Widow, Gamora and Rogue seemed more interested in that kind of thing. I think she's been dressing more modestly in the comics lately. Which I like. Her marriage to Vision was really weird, but it definitely showed what kind of personality she had. I think both her and Vision should dress in "civilian" clothes more often in the comics. I think the movies did it right with their sartorial choices. And I don't know why American sitcoms LOVE British butlers (Mr. Belvedere, Niles the Butler and Geoffrey Butler). I'm sure there are great butlers from all over the world, but you wouldn't know it by watching TV. Even the Stark family hired Edwin Jarvis and he was from the UK as well. I do like the idea of Vision being based on Jarvis's personality. I NEVER thought that Vision's personality was similar at all to Simon Williams' in the books (and they should have been because of their shared "brain patterns"). At least in Age of Ultron, Ultron's personality was like Stark's. If I was Marvel Comics, I would change Vision's origins to have him have Jarvis's brain patterns because they ARE alike. And then Wanda can develop a crush on Edwin later on and that would be funny.

And I also think it worked out nicely, for the most part, that Fox possessed the rights to the mutants for so long. I think if Marvel Studios had access to those characters twenty years ago, I don't think Wanda would be an Avenger and WandaVision might not have happened at all. Fox holding on to those rights gave Wanda AND Vision a chance to truly shine and make them more popular than I could have ever imagined. Unfortunately, I think it DESTROYED any chance for Quicksilver to develop as a character in the MCU. He was a big casualty of the Fox-Disney war over mutants. So I have mixed feelings about the subject.
    You can be feminist and not a bra burner. You can be not conservative or on the cusp too. She was a part of the Lady Liberators. And much of her earlier time was in the 60s, when women's lib was a big issue. Of course she's had moments with that in mind.

Most women are dressed more modest in modern comics to make up for a time where women weren't treated very well in comics. Mostly during the 90s.

If Marvel had X-Men from the start, Wanda nor Pietro would really be anywhere. Wanda especially. I think the only reason Fox wanted to use Quicksilver was because things got heated between them and Marvel at the time. It was sort of a middle finger situation. There are so many mutants that those two would be among the last to get focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Some fan arts from Twitter, the name of the creators are on the images

I hope her final costume or the one in Dr Strange 2 look like these

I like the art in general. Just not the white dead eyes they gave Wanda. They should be glowing red.

By Alex Ross

All the heroes together

Wanda

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    By Alex Ross

All the heroes together

Wanda
    Purely Lovely and Very Classic!

I love Alex Rosses Style he always brings that Epic Old School Yet Shine to his work and Wanda looks like she can be Put on a Potrait here, Thanks for this Cruelrain! =)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!