Page 200 of 229 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3431
  1. #2986

    Default

    Yeah Son of M was just downright depressing for me to read. It took a while for me to get through it. I was never able to buy that Pietro would do that to Luna. I think X-Factor did a lot of good for Pietro. People forget that before he left Avengers he was portrayed very bad. And PAD did a lot of work to flesh him out and make him feel real and relatable.
    Was Curlytop

  2. #2987
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I'm thinking it's more likely to be Nightmare, given he was rumoured to be the main villain of Dr. Strange 2. Though hopefully the villain for WandaVision might be Mordred the Mystic, which would lead to CHthon
    Yeah, Modred would be the ideal villain in terms of power scale, also despite him being a relatively small figure in the comics, some of his character does have some interesting qualities. Even some similarities to Wanda in terms going to the extreme(sacrifice oneself here) for the ones they love.(The whole story about Janice and its follow-up in Darkhold is pretty tragic to say the least.)
    I wouldn't mind if they shift some of Victoria Montesi's story to Wanda in terms of interactions with Modred, since Wanda is mostly hostile to him.(For good reasons of course, Wanda never really gets to know Modred when he is free of Chthon's influence.)
    Wanda is capable of great compassion, which is not often shown in the movies outside of a brief moment when the twins are giving goods to Sokovians.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-22-2020 at 07:48 AM.

  3. #2988
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's debatable. I'd argue his time on the latest Uncanny Avengers and Quicksilver: No Surrender were better written than House Of M and Son Of M, which milked his mutant/son of Magneto status to the bone, much to his own detriment. Stepping out of Magneto's shadow and his daddy issues for once was not all that bad for the character. I take the Pietro who seemed genuinely happy and ready to move on with his life on the beginning of Duggan's Uncanny Avengers over junkie Pietro who pumped his own daughter with terrigen because he was obsessed with being a mutant. Good or bad writing is not dependent on a character being a mutant or not.
    I think SOM and HOM were stories managed by Avenger editorial, when people talk abut Pietro getting better character development on the X-side, they are referencing Peter David work with him, he mostly managed to get Pietro out of the bad threatment he got post SOM and after the time he was made a villain and lost his mind for a while.



    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  4. #2989
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I will find it extremely amusing if Mephisto (who I think will be the main antagonist of this show) is behind this fake sitcom world, still finds the time to watch Father Knows Best and Three's Company in order to create it when he's not trying to acquire souls and conquer worlds. I just don't understand the idea of Wanda loving American sitcoms while growing up in Sokovia. It's not exactly a liberal democracy with a free press. I figure the Sokovian government would disapprove of American cultural influence in their country and it appeared they were pretty anti-American in Age of Ultron.
    Her attitude to America makes alott of sense if you think about it. As a child she looks to America for comfort and hope. This is a common experience for immigrants, many of whom viewed America as this dream world through the prism of sitcoms.

    Then the Stark bomb hits and she felt all of that was a lie. Then she meets Cap and she sees in him the values she had hoped for.

  5. #2990
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Btw no Wanda in the January solicits. Shocking, I know.

  6. #2991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Her attitude to America makes alott of sense if you think about it. As a child she looks to America for comfort and hope. This is a common experience for immigrants, many of whom viewed America as this dream world through the prism of sitcoms.

    Then the Stark bomb hits and she felt all of that was a lie. Then she meets Cap and she sees in him the values she had hoped for.
    That's honestly the more propaganda take on America than how outsiders view America in modern years.

    And Sokovia is fictional. We have no indication yet of it's political structure. It's just a placeholder for eastern European. Not sure if it's meant to be either the fictional Transia or very real Serbia.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-22-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Was Curlytop

  7. #2992
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah but that is mind control. Mental illness is not mind control.
    For how long though. Marvel are already implying that Demonic Possession is responsible for Mental Illness with the Hulk. Which is what was though in Medieval times
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  8. #2993
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, Modred would be the ideal villain in terms of power scale, also despite him being a relatively small figure in the comics, some of his character does have some interesting qualities. Even some similarities to Wanda in terms going to the extreme(sacrifice oneself here) for the ones they love.(The whole story about Janice and its follow-up in Darkhold is pretty tragic to say the least.)
    I wouldn't mind if they shift some of Victoria Montesi's story to Wanda in terms of interactions with Modred, since Wanda is mostly hostile to him.(For good reasons of course, Wanda never really gets to know Modred when he is free of Chthon's influence.)
    Wanda is capable of great compassion, which is not often shown in the movies outside of a brief moment when the twins are giving goods to Sokovians.
    Well given her first main experience with Mordred saw her being turned into a vessel for Chthon, I'm not sure she would be really excited in getting to know him better.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #2994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    For how long though. Marvel are already implying that Demonic Possession is responsible for Mental Illness with the Hulk. Which is what was though in Medieval times
    Marvel is bad at depicting mental illness. It is not a result of possession, it is not temporary. It does not make someone a villain. I cannot emphasis enough that those are not depictions of mental illness, and are common tropes that fuel stereotypes.

    Neither of the twins are really diagnosed with anything beyond depression. And everyone in the MU has been possessed into doing bad things.
    Was Curlytop

  10. #2995
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel is bad at depicting mental illness. It is not a result of possession, it is not temporary. It does not make someone a villain. I cannot emphasis enough that those are not depictions of mental illness, and are common tropes that fuel stereotypes.

    Neither of the twins are really diagnosed with anything beyond depression. And everyone in the MU has been possessed into doing bad things.
    It's not just Marvel, it's media in general.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  11. #2996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's not just Marvel, it's media in general.
    But that's beside the point though. The original discussion is about the twins sharing things in common. They don't share mental illness just because they were both possessed. Because that isn't mental illness. And would mean that the the whole MU were that.

    Pietro can be arrogant and foolish. But well meaning.

    Wanda has less self assurance but more confidence in her abilities. And is more warm and open to people.

    Wanda was diagnosed with depression. Pietro was not.

    Marvel hasn't treated them the same either.

    So pop culture nor the middle ages matter.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-22-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #2997
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well given her first main experience with Mordred saw her being turned into a vessel for Chthon, I'm not sure she would be really excited in getting to know him better.
    Again, he is just as much(well not as much, but close) as possessed as him. When Chthon got cut off he literally turned unfunctional as a human being. That tells a lot about how much of himself remained during Nights of Wundagore. I love to see Modred punched, it makes a good meme.(The mage who holds his ground well until getting sucker punched...) But I generally consider him a more sympathetic figure since he never really tried to harm people when he actually had a say.(And he helped Victoria)

  13. #2998
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,684

    Default

    Elizabeth Olsen will be a virtual guest at Armageddon Expo:
    https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guest...lizabeth-Olsen

  14. #2999
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Since Wanda isn't in any comics in January it's now pretty much certain that her series will come and go without her appearing in any new comics to tie in.

    All we can do now is hope her series is good and that the comics division finally learns from it.

  15. #3000
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ah, not Mephisto, he is not really that interesting or unique to Wanda. He is just the go to villain for family issues, namely divorce.
    Yeah, I'm hoping for Nightmare and/or Chthon like everybody else here. But I THINK it will be Mephisto. I believe part of the reason why Scott Derrickson quit Dr. Strange 2 was because he couldn't use Nightmare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •