Page 201 of 229 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3431
  1. #3001
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    In the HoM reality it's exactly the case, Wanda is a regular human while Pietro is still a mutant.
    Oh oops. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the heads-up.

  2. #3002
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think they do. Because they don't put them anywhere near each other and haven't for a long time in comics, and he died so fast in movies. And they've never made them similar... like Pietro was always the hot tempered and arrogant one, and Wanda wasn't like that for most of her existence. She can get mad for sure, but was way more friendly and down to earth approachable than Pietro.

    They also didn't share the mental illness thing. Neither really has been officially diagnosed as such. Wanda just with depression recently. Most of Wanda's stuff is attributed to possession. Pietro was never even really depicted as such. He's just angry and can act foolish.
    I will concede you make some great observations. I didn't look at their relationship that way. Now that you mention it, the two of them do get separated a lot. But I always FELT they were really close even though they argued a LOT. I guess I mixed up mental illness with being troubled. I just don't think the two of them are particularly happy characters. It would do them good to see a couple of shrinks.

  3. #3003
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well Jane's cancer wasn't done well in the comics, so I'm not surprised that it might not be handled well in the MCU (especially if they just adapt it).
    Yeah, I'm not expecting the MCU to do a "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" version of WandaVision dealing with mental illness, and I'm not anticipating the MCU to do a "Philadelphia" version of Thor: Love and Thunder dealing with fatal diseases. I do think they should treat these subjects with some degree of respect and seriousness. And this is really weird coming from me because I've made it clear that I LOVE the humorous aspect of these Disney/Marvel movies. But I do understand when critics say that in Thor: Ragnarok that the protagonists did not take seriously the death of Thor's father, the murder of his people and the destruction of his home. I read that it was "hard to get invested in Thor or Hulk's inner turmoil when characters casually mention the Grand Master's orgy parties or refer to a wormhole as "The Devil's Anus". I thought the jokes were REALLY funny but they did feel a bit out of place.

    What I AM getting tired of in the MCU are heroes and heroines having so MANY daddy issues. Iron Man, Star-Lord, Wasp, Gamora, Captain Marvel, Nebula, Thor, Black Panther, possibly the Hulk in She-Hulk, possibly the Black Widow in her movie, Erik Killmonger, Loki and Spider-Man. Is every MCU movie/show gonna end up like cheap Field of Dreams ripoffs?! Did the executives, producers, writers and directors at Marvel Studios all have "difficult" relationships with male figures in their lives growing up? Maybe THEY'RE the ones who should see some therapists.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-22-2020 at 02:40 PM.

  4. #3004
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Her attitude to America makes alott of sense if you think about it. As a child she looks to America for comfort and hope. This is a common experience for immigrants, many of whom viewed America as this dream world through the prism of sitcoms.

    Then the Stark bomb hits and she felt all of that was a lie. Then she meets Cap and she sees in him the values she had hoped for.
    I can definitely see where you're coming from. Idealism shattered by American weaponry. That could work. I wish we knew more about Sokovia. It felt like a Balkan country just emerging from decades of Communist rule. It definitely looks like Wanda has severed all cultural ties to her place of birth and gone the full SoCal valley girl route. Which is a pity. She probably doesn't even like paprikash anymore. It's all about burgers and fries now apparently. And I thought it was weird that Vision was actually eating in that trailer. Makes me think that he could not be real. One thing I do think is different from the comic books is how often Vision is gonna adopt a "human" form in this series. I don't think he did it too often in the comics.

  5. #3005
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hello there. I'm new here. It hasn't been long since I started reading comics so I'm pretty new to the game. Recently I'm trying to learn more about Wanda as I really like her MCU version but wherever I look the two stories people talk about are House of M and Childrens Crusade and from the looks of it the first is seen as a character assassination of Wanda and the second tried to explain the first but instead turned it into a whole mess. So are there some good character studies where Wanda is the main character?

  6. #3006
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustADoombot View Post
    Hello there. I'm new here. It hasn't been long since I started reading comics so I'm pretty new to the game. Recently I'm trying to learn more about Wanda as I really like her MCU version but wherever I look the two stories people talk about are House of M and Childrens Crusade and from the looks of it the first is seen as a character assassination of Wanda and the second tried to explain the first but instead turned it into a whole mess. So are there some good character studies where Wanda is the main character?
    I would suggest reading the first 11 issues of the 1998 Avengers run by Kurt Busiek and George Pérez. Obviously it's not all about Wanda, but she's very heavily featured in that first year, and it fills in a lot of information about her character, her history, and her powers. Plus most of her character history has been as a member of the Avengers, so you get a better sense of what she's usually like as a character.
    Last edited by gurkle; 10-22-2020 at 03:18 PM.

  7. #3007
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen will be a virtual guest at Armageddon Expo:
    https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guest...lizabeth-Olsen
    https://twitter.com/Armageddonexpo/s...76894047842304

    I'm actually starting to doubt if WandaVision actually comes out this year. They're still filming and December is getting close. And Disney's been remarkably vague about when the series will air.

  8. #3008
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I would suggest reading the first 11 issues of the 1998 Avengers run by Kurt Busiek and George Pérez. Obviously it's not all about Wanda, but she's very heavily featured in that first year, and it fills in a lot of information about her character, her history, and her powers. Plus most of her character history has been as a member of the Avengers, so you get a better sense of what she's usually like as a character.
    Thanks a lot. I'll check it out.

  9. #3009
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    They might delay it, but it's a weekly show, so they could be doing last-minute filming on the episodes to come in January.

    All they would have to do to fulfil their promise of releasing it in 2020 would be to drop the first episode on Christmas Day.

  10. #3010
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    746

    Default

    It would be a wasted opportunity if they don't release the second trailer during Halloween

  11. #3011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I will concede you make some great observations. I didn't look at their relationship that way. Now that you mention it, the two of them do get separated a lot. But I always FELT they were really close even though they argued a LOT. I guess I mixed up mental illness with being troubled. I just don't think the two of them are particularly happy characters. It would do them good to see a couple of shrinks.
    I think Wanda in particular had a lot of happy years. Both have had hard lives. But hard life doesn't mean they aren't strong enough to handle it. That's been their existence since birth and they seem quite use to struggle. They've both faced a lot of trauma and death, and that can create PTSD. But they haven't faced anything any other heroes have not, and also have never been diagnosed with that either. When either of them are in control of themselves and not possessed, they usually handle things quite well (Son of M aside). And Wanda has a therapist for depression. But mostly is depicted as a serious character, not a sad character.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #3012
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Wanda in particular had a lot of happy years. Both have had hard lives. But hard life doesn't mean they aren't strong enough to handle it. That's been their existence since birth and they seem quite use to struggle. They've both faced a lot of trauma and death, and that can create PTSD. But they haven't faced anything any other heroes have not, and also have never been diagnosed with that either. When either of them are in control of themselves and not possessed, they usually handle things quite well (Son of M aside). And Wanda has a therapist for depression. But mostly is depicted as a serious character, not a sad character.
    I agree, Wanda has had plenty of happy years and moments, much of her childhood and her time with the Vision and the Avengers for example. I would say Wanda has suffered more than some heroes and even Pietro but as shown by the like of Busiek (which Bendis clearly never read) it didn't break her. When someone isn't using the who possession/mind control/she's crazy because she's either the daughter of Magenot or because she married a robot excuse, Wanda is a serious, stable person, same with Pietro who is just impatient.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  13. #3013
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not expecting the MCU to do a "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" version of WandaVision dealing with mental illness, and I'm not anticipating the MCU to do a "Philadelphia" version of Thor: Love and Thunder dealing with fatal diseases. I do think they should treat these subjects with some degree of respect and seriousness. And this is really weird coming from me because I've made it clear that I LOVE the humorous aspect of these Disney/Marvel movies. But I do understand when critics say that in Thor: Ragnarok that the protagonists did not take seriously the death of Thor's father, the murder of his people and the destruction of his home. I read that it was "hard to get invested in Thor or Hulk's inner turmoil when characters casually mention the Grand Master's orgy parties or refer to a wormhole as "The Devil's Anus". I thought the jokes were REALLY funny but they did feel a bit out of place.

    What I AM getting tired of in the MCU are heroes and heroines having so MANY daddy issues. Iron Man, Star-Lord, Wasp, Gamora, Captain Marvel, Nebula, Thor, Black Panther, possibly the Hulk in She-Hulk, possibly the Black Widow in her movie, Erik Killmonger, Loki and Spider-Man. Is every MCU movie/show gonna end up like cheap Field of Dreams ripoffs?! Did the executives, producers, writers and directors at Marvel Studios all have "difficult" relationships with male figures in their lives growing up? Maybe THEY'RE the ones who should see some therapists.
    Yeah, Thor: Ragnarok was funny, but it really lacked the emotional punch it should have. I love the lighter and more fun tones of the MCU but there does need to be a balance
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  14. #3014
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,684

    Default

    Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver might be mutants, implies new MCU book
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ok/ar-BB1akgsf

  15. #3015
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver might be mutants, implies new MCU book
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ok/ar-BB1akgsf
    This isn't the first book to suggest that
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •