Page 180 of 271 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Here's my far-fetched fan theory: Wanda will end up warping reality and accidently bring mutants into existence.
    Months ago I heard a spoiler that Wanda was going to be under a shrink's treatment and at a center where Darcy, from Thor movies and maybe there was someone else from a movie (or Monica) who was also getting 'treatment'. But now I'm hearing this new information and yes, it seems like Wanda will be the agency that somehow incorporates mutants into the MCU. But I'm hearing it is more likely that her mind/meltdown is the end of the series and the idea of her warping reality, becoming the villain or menace is happening in Dr. Strange 2, and there will be the 'snap' or whatever, that brings mutants through. But supposedly some of this has always been a loose end, or a possible dangling plot line [ Wanda's father/vaguest mentions of possible earlier mutants/etc. ]

Extraordinary Member

There's also the possibility that this show will have nothing to do with mutants and that the idea of Wanda bringing mutants into existence is just a fan theory that has somehow turned into a meme.

All the fake leaks about WandaVision and Strange 2 are about Wanda bringing mutants into existence and/or snapping and becoming a villain, and who knows, it might be right (fake leaks are just guesses, and sometimes guesses are right), but it could also be that most people only know her from House of M and are basing all their theories on that one story.

At least we've stopped hearing the theory that they'll somehow make her and Pietro the children of MCU Magneto. Even that is too far-fetched for today's fan theorists.

They've never really fleshed out Wanda's background. Like the comics version delved into her mother and also being a Witch. The MCU can use that, along with the most minor points from HOM, whatever they are; never read the majority of it -HA! I see no problem with updating Wanda for the MCU as someone who was naturally an untrained Witch, hence Agatha, as she came to be Wanda's teacher years ago. Somewhere along the way they'll make the connection that Wanda has a natural affinity for the Craft, but as a mutant or whatever she ends up being, she has immense, crazy access to POWER, with which she could create spells to rewrite or alter reality, the point of the series, but it would be cliche if a more human character was influencing her actions. So it will be Mephisto or some great spirit. We may not like that, but Wanda's energies and powers (retcon) have always made her a desired object for ages. So they'll finally do some version of this story because

neither Wanda or the Vision have gotten a great story in the MCU thus far. So this would give immense back story to her, which is needed. We want her character to have these elements - a mutant or superpower of near cosmic level, powering a Witch, a Sorcerous Woman, etc.
    I guess we'll have to try and trust/have faith that MCU Wanda might be a little more independent than comic world Wanda with some twist thrown in.

I'm still trying to decide what the significance of adult Monica/Photon coming into this storyline. I don't see the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    There's also the possibility that this show will have nothing to do with mutants and that the idea of Wanda bringing mutants into existence is just a fan theory that has somehow turned into a meme.

All the fake leaks about WandaVision and Strange 2 are about Wanda bringing mutants into existence and/or snapping and becoming a villain, and who knows, it might be right (fake leaks are just guesses, and sometimes guesses are right), but it could also be that most people only know her from House of M and are basing all their theories on that one story.

At least we've stopped hearing the theory that they'll somehow make her and Pietro the children of MCU Magneto. Even that is too far-fetched for today's fan theorists.
    I admit to watching these spoiler type videos but I'm not sure why they AREN't fakes. Why do you say that? I don't find some of these ideas implausible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I admit to watching these spoiler type videos but I'm not sure why they AREN't fakes. Why do you say that? I don't find some of these ideas implausible.
    Because every MCU production has tons of "spoilers" posted in advance and most of them turn out to be fake, or fan theories. In the year or so leading up to Infinity War there was one post on 4chan that had accurate information and nobody believed it because one of the spoilers sounded too weird (the Red Skull being in charge of the Soul Stone). But that was like one real post to dozens of fake ones.

Marvel keeps a pretty tight lid on story points and punishes leakers, so while there are leaks, we have to assume that a lot of the things we see/hear are just people trying to get clicks and views.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Things from HOM: The cubes aesthetic, the idea of Wanda creating this "fake" supposedly ideal reality and being devastated when she loses it.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch: Wanda and Vision getting married and trying to fit in as a traditional family in the suburbs, halloween episode, Wanda getting pregnant and having the twins.

Vision solo: The aesthetics, Wanda and the kids possibly taking "Vision" as a surname, Sparky.

And my guess: A mystical origin for Wanda connecting her to magic/witchcraft inspired by Nights of Wundagore and/or the Scarlet Witch solo.
    Yeah, the lego effect is pretty much the only thing I like from HoM, and credits to the artist, not Bendis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What's the beef with reality warping Wanda? Honestly MCU should have used the reality stone for her powers anyway the mind stone doesn't even make sense.
    None with me, there are writers who did a pretty good job with her using this power set which sadly don't stick in people's head as deeply as the bad ones.
    So I get why some of my fellow Wanda fans may have beef with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They were also going to adapt House of M for the season finale, and it sounds like Wanda would've willingly gone along with it. Or she decides against going along with her father and brother only for them to force her to do it through the Phoenix Force.

She also would've become Dark Phoenix.
    Yikes, either way I don't like it. Why it again has to do with Magneto and HoM? Is the Wanda the same one from WATXM and they are doing some kind of cross-over?
    I always want to see Wanda as the proper Avenger rather than the "new team member who **** things up for the big boys to solve".
    And really... Dark Phoenix? Speaking about ditching one's own lore to pursue an irrelevant one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's pretty much my take on it as well. Oh, and add John Byrne's West Coast Avengers there too, 'cause Charles Murphy said that would be an inspiration, and he's been spot on on all his WandaVision scoops. My guess is that the inspiration from Byrne's run will be White Vision, since he specifically mentioned the Vision Quest arc.

There's also probably more inspirations that we don't even have any clue about because we don't know more details about the show. Like, we still don't know who Evan Peters is supposedly playing. Could be the villain, and depending on who the villain even is, there are also several stories they could be taking inspiration from.
    I would personally like some of Roy Thomas's West Coast Annual though, Thomas is not the best writer of Wanda, sometimes I feel like he kinda went too much into making Wanda the sentimental and sometimes stereotypically feminine figure(her "abduction romance" with Argon for example), but his take on how Wanda cope with her loss is just way better than Byrne/Bendis's hysterical mad woman take. And it kinda fits with the theme of probabality and hope. WandaVision would ultimately deal with Wanda's grief, and the Roy Thomas route is just with so much more grace.

https://twitter.com/itsjustanx/statu...97824720863232

"WandaVision netted a massive 53M views online, becoming the highest 24-hour draw online for a streaming service’s series ad spot. Surpassing the social media traffic of this year’s Super Bowl trailers and the Super Bowl traffic of Avengers: Infinity War."

Ok Marvel, so where's the new comic for Wanda now. *impatiently taps fingers* Hopefully this show is their most popular or at least one of them, so they do more with her and Vision.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Here's the original source for the story about WandaVision's trailer views.

Of course part of the reason it got so many views is that it's the first new MCU content all year and people are starving. Still.

It and Dr. Strange 2 consistently lead polls on what people are most excited for though. So it's not just the content starved year. Because those polls started happening before Covid even hit.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah before the superbowl spot WandaVision was like the last one in all the polls on Twitter, after the Spot and with Multiverse of madness hype, WandaVision started to lead the majority of the polls from big accounts surpassing Falcon & the winter soldier

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So I dunno if i should be discussing this here but since Vision is integral to SW's character (at least the MCU version), but what's the consensus on the fact that he might not be permanently revived, at least as he is now? I'm basing this on the fact that WandaVision is supposed to be prequel of sorts to Doctor Strange 2 and I can't see him playing "third fiddle" in that movie's seemingly already grand plot (also there's no hints about Paul Bettany being a part of the cast either).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So I dunno if i should be discussing this here but since Vision is integral to SW's character (at least the MCU version), but what's the consensus on the fact that he might not be permanently revived, at least as he is now? I'm basing this on the fact that WandaVision is supposed to be prequel of sorts to Doctor Strange 2 and I can't see him playing "third fiddle" in that movie's seemingly already grand plot (also there's no hints about Paul Bettany being a part of the cast either).
    Well, Vision is important, but Wanda as a character is more than her lovely romance and tragedy.