Page 113 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2091
  1. #1681
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I liked that Wanda was the goody-two-shoes who thought Star could be reformed. (Too many writers make her kind of haughty and self-righteous, even Robinson and Zub who both had her lecturing Pietro.)
    To be fair, Wanda is uniquely positioned, as family, to be giving Pietro a much-deserved lecture about his occasional bullpuckey.

    But yes, agreed that I like the idea that she's big on redemption and second-chances, being as it's a subject near and dear to her heart, both from her past, as one of the first 'former crooks turned Avengers,' who had a chance taken on her, and more recently, as she's got an entire subrace of humanity cursing her name.

    I like the idea, for the WandaVision scenario, that she and Vision probably were boinking during their extended times together early on in Infinity War, but that she didn't get pregnant, either because they were careful, or because he wasn't coded to be able to procreate biologically, and that something might happen during WandaVision to 'retcon' that, and give Wanda a second chance at that, even if only, at first, as part of a fantasy scenario about some sitcom like idyllic suburban 'Leave it to Beaver' life together...

  2. #1682
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    6,313

    Default

    From Instagram.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CAGU778IaNJ/

    Elsa reimagined as Wanda.

    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  3. #1683
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    My theory is that the sperm making code was dummied out by Ultron and no-one bothered to put it back in. Don't forget we have no idea if Wanda and Vision had sex before his death and even if they did, there is no guarantee that it would let to Wanda getting pregnant.

    S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department) is a offshoot of SHIELD (though they now have a rivalry) which was created by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday in Astonishing X-Men. They basically are the space version of S.H.I.E.L.D, dealing with aliens and the like rather than threats like Hydra.
    Oh, great! Thanks for the explanation. Very easy to understand and clear. I joke that ever since Disney bought Marvel, if you ask all the greatest minds of the MCU (Stark, Banner, Cho, Shuri, Pym, Foster, Lang, Ultron, Parker, Vulture and Mysterio) what sex is, they'll greet you with blank stares. There is no such thing as sex in the Disney-led MCU, and I agree with that policy. I just think it adds nothing meaningful to the stories being told. That's also why I have very little interest in "ships". I do think Vision and Wanda were doing the horizontal mambo because when they were fighting the Black Order he did state that "I'm beginning to think we should have stayed in bed." I think this implied that something was going on there.

    I did some further reading on SWORD after your excellent description of the organization, and found out that Nick Fury does NOT head that group. Some green-haired chick named Abigail Brand does. The MCU has turned HYDRA into sort of a joke at this point. I'm not sure if SHIELD is necessary to combat it any more. Do you think Nick Fury is therefore on the way out and Abigail Brand will make her debut in WandaVision? I can't believe they would introduce SWORD without Brand showing up. That's another reason why I think Pietro will show up in WandaVision. If they have kept Brand's role a secret so far, I don't see why they can't keep Quicksilver's a secret either.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-03-2020 at 11:42 AM.

  4. #1684
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    To be fair, Wanda is uniquely positioned, as family, to be giving Pietro a much-deserved lecture about his occasional bullpuckey.

    But yes, agreed that I like the idea that she's big on redemption and second-chances, being as it's a subject near and dear to her heart, both from her past, as one of the first 'former crooks turned Avengers,' who had a chance taken on her, and more recently, as she's got an entire subrace of humanity cursing her name.

    I like the idea, for the WandaVision scenario, that she and Vision probably were boinking during their extended times together early on in Infinity War, but that she didn't get pregnant, either because they were careful, or because he wasn't coded to be able to procreate biologically, and that something might happen during WandaVision to 'retcon' that, and give Wanda a second chance at that, even if only, at first, as part of a fantasy scenario about some sitcom like idyllic suburban 'Leave it to Beaver' life together...
    I actually think the Vision and Wanda were getting freaky during the time between Captain America: Civil War and Infinity War. I mean, it's not like they were staying in separate hotel rooms. I guess you could say that they were careful, and that they won't be in WandaVision. I just have this bad feeling they will go with the magical birth thing. Magic will play a HUGE role in this series in my opinion. That way they won't have to explain how Vision can get Wanda pregnant (which would be sort of icky for Disney executives). That's why I disagree slightly with GenericUsername. I believe Marvel Studios is leaning into BOTH comedy and magic in future shows and movies. Why would Roger Wardell say that the Return of the Darkhold will be fundamental for upcoming WandaVision (which is why I believe Chthon will almost certainly be playing a part in WandaVision)? Why would he state that Captain Britain and multiple Ghost Riders will appear in Doctor Strange 2? Why would he claim that events of both WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2 will prepare the ground for Doctor Doom's debut? And I definitely believe Victor will be joining the MCU as a sorcerer FIRST and a scientist SECOND to differentiate him from the Fox versions. If Loki's series is going to tie-in with the Multiverse of Madness and Blade will be debuting in the near future I suspect more magical shenanigans will occur. So I think Marvel is not shying away from magic at all (at least in the movies).

    And on a somewhat related note, do any of you actually think Bucky could die at the end of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier? I mean, we know he's not gonna be the new Captain America. We also know like Steve Rogers, he's a "Man out of Time". Dude's over a hundred years old! What kind of part could he play in future stories when his journey seems to be almost at an end? I sort of see his role akin to Vision's in WandaVision. Bucky will help Sam fulfill his destiny to be the new Captain America just like Vision will assist Wanda in fulfilling her destiny to be the Scarlet Witch. And both of them probably will die as a result.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-03-2020 at 11:11 AM.

  5. #1685
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Thoughts on this costume?
    You liked it or she's better without it






  6. #1686
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,376

    Default

    I preter the one she actually wore in latter movies.

  7. #1687
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Could use a more stylish costume in future movies.
    I find the one in CW/IW/EG kinda bland.

  8. #1688
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh, great! Thanks for the explanation. Very easy to understand and clear. I joke that ever since Disney bought Marvel, if you ask all the greatest minds of the MCU (Stark, Banner, Cho, Shuri, Pym, Foster, Lang, Ultron, Parker, Vulture and Mysterio) what sex is, they'll greet you with blank stares. There is no such thing as sex in the Disney-led MCU, and I agree with that policy. I just think it adds nothing meaningful to the stories being told. That's also why I have very little interest in "ships". I do think Vision and Wanda were doing the horizontal mambo because when they were fighting the Black Order he did state that "I'm beginning to think we should have stayed in bed." I think this implied that something was going on there.

    I did some further reading on SWORD after your excellent description of the organization, and found out that Nick Fury does NOT head that group. Some green-haired chick named Abigail Brand does. The MCU has turned HYDRA into sort of a joke at this point. I'm not sure if SHIELD is necessary to combat it any more. Do you think Nick Fury is therefore on the way out and Abigail Brand will make her debut in WandaVision? I can't believe they would introduce SWORD without Brand showing up. That's another reason why I think Pietro will show up in WandaVision. If they have kept Brand's role a secret so far, I don't see why they can't keep Quicksilver's a secret either.
    Well the stinger of Far From Home, suggests that Fury isn't done yet. I doubt we will see Brand in WandaVision, Monica is probably going to be the main S.W.O.R.D operative we see, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brand at least gets named dropped.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #1689
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Thoughts on this costume?
    You liked it or she's better without it





    I led it and was annoyed it was quickly ditched
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  10. #1690
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,665

    Default S.H.Figuarts Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Endgame)





    S.H.Figuarts Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Endgame)
    Scarlet Witch finally joins the S.H.Figuarts Avengers: Endgame line!
    Comes with face parts with her red eyes when her powers are activated along with effect parts of the energies that the Scarlet Witch controls.
    Combine it with the Avengers Final Battle Series to reproduce the exciting final battle with the action figures.

    Product Description
    – Main body
    – Exchangeable face parts x 2
    – Exchangeable arm parts left/right x 3
    – Exchangeable hair parts
    – Effect parts set
    – Product Material: PVC, ABS
    – Product Size: Height: approx 5.9inch


    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  11. #1691
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Does anyone knows in which comic Dr Strange says Chaos Magic does exists?

    Someone told me it was during Bendis new Avengers but i'm not sure

  12. #1692
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Does anyone knows in which comic Dr Strange says Chaos Magic does exists?

    Someone told me it was during Bendis new Avengers but i'm not sure
    You mean when he said it doesn't? That was Avengers Disassembled.

  13. #1693
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You mean when he said it doesn't? That was Avengers Disassembled.
    apparently he later says it does exists two years later in other comic

  14. #1694
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    apparently he later says it does exists two years later in other comic
    Was it Hank Pym’s Mighty Avengers -Post Secret Invasion.

  15. #1695
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Was it Hank Pym’s Mighty Avengers -Post Secret Invasion.
    Thnx, you're right, i thought it was Strange who said that but it was Chthon himself who corrected Dr Strange.

    So Magic or Chthonic Magic or Necromantic Magic is the most powerful and forbidden form of magic there is, this form of magic has been banned by civilized practitioners of magic because of its very nature.. Mighty Avengers #23 corrected Dr. Strange's comment about the existence of Chaos Magic.. Chthon said that there is in-fact Chaos Magic, which is also the basis for Chthon's unholy might.. but sorcerers made a pact to end Chthon's influence over Earth by making a lie that Chaos Magic does not exist.. this principle of Chaos Magic being non-existent from the words of arcane sorcerers was probably passed down throughout the ages and what has prompted Dr. Strange to say as such during Avengers Disassembled.. Chaos Magic is the basis for Chthon's unholy might, and using or invoking it is clearly a form of worship to Chthon.. the Vishanti and Gaea have worked so much to prevent Chthon's influence


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •