Page 118 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, at least he's not been TOTALLY absent from the books so that's great. If he does make a fun cameo in WV, maybe he'll get another solo title?

I went grocery shopping today, and for some reason I recalled the "paprikash" scene from Civil War. Every time I look at ingredients of something that includes paprika, I think of Vision and that movie. I often wondered if Markus and McFeely intentionally included paprikash in the Wanda and Vision banter because of its connection with When Harry Met Sally. Making a connection to two romances of characters so different from each another. "There's too much pepper in my paprikash. But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie." I think that reference probably flew over most audience members' heads. I bet a lot of Marvel fans probably started making paprikash after watching that scene. From what I understand, "a pinch of paprika" should make people who know what paprikash is giggle because apparently the dish requires precisely a metric fuckton of it. Tell me, did Wanda and Vision ever bond over FOOD in the comic books? Or was that something the movies completely made up? I find it extremely amusing, but strangely not particularly romantic. And for the first time in the films, Wanda made me laugh: "Speeerets leefted!"
    It's a movie invention. Food in general wasn't brought up often.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I bought a variant cover of Empyre 1. Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Quicksilver are shown on the cover, though they don’t appear in the issue. Clearly a Kree-Skrull War homage.
    Oh cool. At least that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a movie invention. Food in general wasn't brought up often.
    Thank you for that response! Well, we all know the way to a woman's heart is the same way to a man's heart: Through his/her stomach. I'm glad they added that element in the movies. It appears more natural to me than if they get together after some big battle or something. I HATE romances in superhero movies and comics, and I felt this one was really rushed (in the interests of the plot of Infinity War). I felt the same way about Star-Lord and Gamora in that film as well. I prefer the main heroes of the MCU to be what they mostly are: Quip machines. I love it when Star-Lord, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Thor and Rocket are always ready with a snarky one-liner when things get a little dicey. Stick to that instead of the lovey-dovey stuff. I'm hoping Vision and Bucky turn into goofballs in their shows as well (I found them to be too serious in their previous appearances). I want Jarvis back! And though I know it's not popular to say this here, I hope Wanda becomes really funny too. I don't think the dudes of the MCU should have a monopoly on being charming. And then maybe Vision and Wanda will get new and funnier personalities in the comic books too. Marvel does a lot of things right in making their heroes and heroines more grounded, but I have to acknowledge that DC does a WAY better job of making their female characters more likeable. Maybe the Scarlet Witch will become more like Zatanna. I would like that. I would absolutely hate for Wanda to turn into a stereotypical MCU female: Either being a "damsel in distress" or a "warrior bitch."
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-16-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Thank you for that response! Well, we all know the way to a woman's heart is the same way to a man's heart: Through his/her stomach. I'm glad they added that element in the movies. It appears more natural to me than if they get together after some big battle or something. I HATE romances in superhero movies and comics, and I felt this one was really rushed (in the interests of the plot of Infinity War). I felt the same way about Star-Lord and Gamora in that film as well. I prefer the main heroes of the MCU to be what they mostly are: Quip machines. I love it when Star-Lord, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Thor and Rocket are always ready with a snarky one-liner when things get a little dicey. Stick to that instead of the lovey-dovey stuff. I'm hoping Vision and Bucky turn into goofballs in their shows as well (I found them to be too serious in their previous appearances). I want Jarvis back! And though I know it's not popular to say this here, I hope Wanda becomes really funny too. I don't think the dudes of the MCU should have a monopoly on being charming. And then maybe Vision and Wanda will get new and funnier personalities in the comic books too. Marvel does a lot of things right in making their heroes and heroines more grounded, but I have to acknowledge that DC does a WAY better job of making their female characters more likeable. Maybe the Scarlet Witch will become more like Zatanna. I would like that. I would absolutely hate for Wanda to turn into a stereotypical MCU female: Either being a "damsel in distress" or a "warrior bitch."
    I don't know if Wanda and funny has ever been a thing. Maybe dry humor in the very rare occasion.

I don't know if Wanda and funny has ever been a thing. Maybe dry humor in the very rare occasion.
    I don't Wanda has ever really been a joker, no. Not from what I've read. I think she might have ALMOST sworn a couple of times. I think she COULD and SHOULD be funnier though. Sometimes I felt she and Vision kept proclaiming how great their relationship was in order to sort of taunt other couples who were having problems (Mockingbird and Hawkeye and Crystal and Quicksilver). I would have totally made their marriage more dysfunctional in a really fun and realistic way. Because even the idea of Vision and Wanda as a couple is really weird and bizarre. And I think they should fight every now and then. I'm not saying she should plow him 50 feet underground because he left the toilet seat up, but they should clash at least SOMETIMES. Like in the show I would have her practice her magic "Bewitched" style, and sometimes the results would not go as planned. Like she does a hex and a bowl of paprikash falls on Vision's head. She would defend herself by saying she was trying to control her powers, and he would complain by saying she had to try harder (because he was wearing his favourite sweater or something). I just thought Vision's and Wanda's marriage was a little too ideal at the time. I wanted it to be more messed up. I would think it would be great during WandaVision she would force Vision to sleep on the living room couch because they had a particularly nasty argument, you know? And I want to say this: I don't even think Vision is cut out to be a superhero in the MCU. He's way more interested in jazz, post-impressionist art, Romani cuisine and V-neck sweaters. I mean the dude probably hated doors and walls more than he hated Ultron and Thanos.

I think in order for Wanda to be more interesting is to find out what her interests outside of superheroing are. All the time I read about her, I never really felt I got to know her as a person outside of her powers and a lot of ink was spilled about her talking about her relationships with Wonder Man and Magneto (which I found to be extremely boring). Now if she raises her kids with Vision in the series, that could get REALLY interesting. Parents always fight over how to bring up their children. I think she will be an assertive mother and Vision will be a chill dad. That could lead to tension. I would approve of that.

As I told you earlier, I'm really excited about Wanda being FINALLY written about by WOMEN. I think this is unprecedented in her history. You could correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not even sure if Vision has ever been written by women before either. I'm looking forward to seeing a show that offers a female lens to powered/gifted heroes, you know? And I'm definitely NOT saying men can't write and direct female characters, I'm just saying that women CAN and I want to see it for myself (because it doesn't happen a whole lot). Maybe one day, Wanda will be written by women in the comics in the future (like I said, I'm not sure if this has ever happened previously).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

I don't Wanda has ever really been a joker, no. Not from what I've read. I think she might have ALMOST sworn a couple of times. I think she COULD and SHOULD be funnier though. Sometimes I felt she and Vision kept proclaiming how great their relationship was in order to sort of taunt other couples who were having problems (Mockingbird and Hawkeye and Crystal and Quicksilver). I would have totally made their marriage more dysfunctional in a really fun and realistic way. Because even the idea of Vision and Wanda as a couple is really weird and bizarre. And I think they should fight every now and then. I'm not saying she should plow him 50 feet underground because he left the toilet seat up, but they should clash at least SOMETIMES. Like in the show I would have her practice her magic "Bewitched" style, and sometimes the results would not go as planned. Like she does a hex and a bowl of paprikash falls on Vision's head. She would defend herself by saying she was trying to control her powers, and he would complain by saying she had to try harder (because he was wearing his favourite sweater or something). I just thought Vision's and Wanda's marriage was a little too ideal at the time. I wanted it to be more messed up. I would think it would be great during WandaVision she would force Vision to sleep on the living room couch because they had a particularly nasty argument, you know? And I want to say this: I don't even think Vision is cut out to be a superhero in the MCU. He's way more interested in jazz, post-impressionist art, Romani cuisine and V-neck sweaters. I mean the dude probably hated doors and walls more than he hated Ultron and Thanos.

I think in order for Wanda to be more interesting is to find out what her interests outside of superheroing are. All the time I read about her, I never really felt I got to know her as a person outside of her powers and a lot of ink was spilled about her talking about her relationships with Wonder Man and Magneto (which I found to be extremely boring). Now if she raises her kids with Vision in the series, that could get REALLY interesting. Parents always fight over how to bring up their children. I think she will be an assertive mother and Vision will be a chill dad. That could lead to tension. I would approve of that.

As I told you earlier, I'm really excited about Wanda being FINALLY written about by WOMEN. I think this is unprecedented in her history. You could correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not even sure if Vision has ever been written by women before either. I'm looking forward to seeing a show that offers a female lens to powered/gifted heroes, you know? And I'm definitely NOT saying men can't write and direct female characters, I'm just saying that women CAN and I want to see it for myself (because it doesn't happen a whole lot). Maybe one day, Wanda will be written by women in the comics in the future (like I said, I'm not sure if this has ever happened previously).
    I don't think everyone needs to be funny and snarky in the movies/tv. It's already a problem that most of them have the same snarkiness going on. It doesn't provide any variety in personality at all. And overall becomes very tiring.

Vision having other interests does not mean he cannot be a superhero. Superheroes do not have to just stick to one facet. That'd be boring.

Wanda's interests were gone over in comics a few times. She was not the housewife type. But, she did want to be an actress. She loved watching dramas, and her favorite dish was cholent. Although now might be vegetarian cholent because she's that at least in comics. Her biggest passion being the magic related stuff, so that's taken a lot of the center stage since the mid-70s. Oh, and there is the birds thing. She had a falconer thing going on, but it disappeared.

They might touch on some of that stuff in the show or create new ones.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-16-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Hey Everyone, Know its been awhile, have had a couple of busy last few months.

Very Good to see just how well the thread and the Fandom is doing so well as ever on CBR, Nice showing by everyone.

I wanted to also share a Video by a Tuber I have been waiting to here his opinioin on when it comes to both Dissembles and House of M and I think he did a nice job hitting at its problems and the simliar issues I have had with that time in Wanda history as well.

Hope you Enjoy.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I don't think everyone needs to be funny and snarky in the movies/tv. It's already a problem that most of them have the same snarkiness going on. It doesn't provide any variety in personality at all. And overall becomes very tiring.

Vision having other interests does not mean he cannot be a superhero. Superheroes do not have to just stick to one facet. That'd be boring.

Wanda's interests were gone over in comics a few times. She was not the housewife type. But, she did want to be an actress. She loved watching dramas, and her favorite dish was cholent. Although now might be vegetarian cholent because she's that at least in comics. Her biggest passion being the magic related stuff, so that's taken a lot of the center stage since the mid-70s. Oh, and there is the birds thing. She had a falconer thing going on, but it disappeared.

They might touch on some of that stuff in the show or create new ones.
    Wow! That's some really interesting information and nice pictures. I knew Wanda wanted to be an actress, but the food and bird stuff I didn't know about. I think it would be really funny if Wanda and Vision have a "movie night" at home and she would say that Elizabeth Olsen is her favorite actress and he would mention that Paul Bettany is his. And I think Wanda should develop a liking for paprikash in the comic books to increase the synergy between them and the movies.

I thought the posters on this thread were all big fans of the wisecracking manchildren that make up the majority of the MCU's male superheroes. I would say that Captain America and the Black Panther are the two most serious male superheroes right now. I think Vision is gonna turn into a clown in WandaVision and Bucky will do the same in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Oh, I have no problem with Vision having interests outside of superheroing. I personally like it myself, but I think a lot of MCU fans don't. Plenty of MCU followers think that character development comes solely from spewing out wisecracks and beating up bad guys. I just never thought that the Disney writers and the directors would make Vision the Avengers' resident "pacifist". It's clear he loathes combat and is more interested in other things. I mean in Age of Ultron he sounded more like Kahlil Gibran than RoboCop (and this is something I'm fine with because I've always loved the Prophet)! Ultron was WAY more humorous and human-like than he was there. Every other Avenger seems to relish going into battle (and that includes Wanda). Wanda has already had several "badass" moments, and Vision pretty much has stuck to playing chess with himself. This portrayal of Vision I think hurts his popularity with a significant section of MCU fandom. But I agree with you, it does make him a little bit different than the other characters. I find it odd that Wanda would be portrayed as LIKING that kind of philosophical personality. She seems far more emotional and passionate than him. I'm actually surprised that you're fine with Vision's adaptation in the movies. You said yourself that you would like to see him use his powers more instead of holding back. And the romance between Wanda and Vision is just SO gloomy. The other couples in the MCU seem to be having the times of their lives in the movies and having a lot of fun. Wanda and Vision are sad most of the time and I think that kind of relationship turns a lot of people off because the rest of the MCU is so jolly. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-16-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Wow! That's some really interesting information and nice pictures. I knew Wanda wanted to be an actress, but the food and bird stuff I didn't know about. I think it would be really funny if Wanda and Vision have a "movie night" at home and she would say that Elizabeth Olsen is her favorite actress and he would mention that Paul Bettany is his. And I think Wanda should develop a liking for paprikash in the comic books to increase the synergy between them and the movies.

I thought the posters on this thread were all big fans of the wisecracking manchildren that make up the majority of the MCU's male superheroes. I would say that Captain America and the Black Panther are the two most serious male superheroes right now. I think Vision is gonna turn into a clown in WandaVision and Bucky will do the same in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Oh, I have no problem with Vision having interests outside of superheroing. I personally like it myself, but I think a lot of MCU fans don't. Plenty of MCU followers think that character development comes solely from spewing out wisecracks and beating up bad guys. I just never thought that the Disney writers and the directors would make Vision the Avengers' resident "pacifist". It's clear he loathes combat and is more interested in other things. I mean in Age of Ultron he sounded more like Kahlil Gibran than RoboCop (and this is something I'm fine with because I've always loved the Prophet)! Ultron was WAY more humorous and human-like than he was there. Every other Avenger seems to relish going into battle (and that includes Wanda). Wanda has already had several "badass" moments, and Vision pretty much has stuck to playing chess with himself. This portrayal of Vision I think hurts his popularity with a significant section of MCU fandom. But I agree with you, it does make him a little bit different than the other characters. I find it odd that Wanda would be portrayed as LIKING that kind of philosophical personality. She seems far more emotional and passionate than him. I'm actually surprised that you're fine with Vision's adaptation in the movies. You said yourself that you would like to see him use his powers more instead of holding back. And the romance between Wanda and Vision is just SO gloomy. The other couples in the MCU seem to be having the times of their lives in the movies and having a lot of fun. Wanda and Vision are sad most of the time and I think that kind of relationship turns a lot of people off because the rest of the MCU is so jolly. But that's just my opinion.
    I'm quite comfortable with there being differences in the universes. And am fine with that. As long as the base is there for the character. It's absolutely fine that comics Wanda loves Cholent. We don't even know what movie Wanda likes best. Just that Vision was trying to guess what she'd like.

I wouldn't be so sure about such a personality change in Vision or Bucky. I don't think I've ever seen MCU fans talk about not wanting Vision to have other things outside of superhero stuff. And I think writers were just trying to convey Vision's pragmatic side. That thinks through everything logically. He's never been a brainless bruiser type. So he'd likely avoid combat if it didn't make logical sense. That's pretty much on the mark for him. Wanda on the other hand has a temper. She's the other side of the balance between the two. She has anger along with the great power. She probably will learn to control that some with the tutelage from Agatha.

I don't find it odd at all that Wanda would find Vision intriguing. And feel that he provides a counter to how she is herself.

I'd for sure like to see Vision use his full capabilities but that doesn't mean I want him to lose control. That's a different situation. I don't want him to be battle hungry, but battle smart. And he's very smart. It'd be very OC for him to act rash.

Vision and Wanda have always had a sort of sad underlying part to their relationship. Partially because both had very hard existences and weren't accepted easily. But that's where they related to each other. They had actually a very relatable situation between them. Because life is hard, and relationships are also not easy. But they can like life, be overall great. And I think they had a lot of great moments.

MCU fans love the feels, so they aren't above getting behind sad situations in relationships. So I would not sell them short.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-16-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Very Good to see just how well the thread and the Fandom is doing so well as ever on CBR, Nice showing by everyone.

I wanted to also share a Video by a Tuber I have been waiting to here his opinioin on when it comes to both Dissembles and House of M and I think he did a nice job hitting at its problems and the simliar issues I have had with that time in Wanda history as well.

Hope you Enjoy.

Oh my goodness! I hope everything is well with you! You've been very missed! <3

Hope you Enjoy.

Great to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Oh my goodness! I hope everything is well with you! You've been very missed! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Great to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well
    I'm doing well thanks the both of you, I have missed you both and the others as well allot.

Yea I will keep it short cause this is Wanda's thread and proud to see it doing so well. With everything going on with the Virus it kept me busy with new responsiblities and my job(I am a Post Office Clerk Career BTW) kept me really busy so between those and helping keep my family safe just been busy with new responislbities to all of it both work and home.

Besides that I am Happy, Very Much so to see the Thread doing well as ever and you all do the Fandom Proud, thanks for keeping it all going, everyone, it is a treat to see all time when I have time.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm quite comfortable with there being differences in the universes. And am fine with that. As long as the base is there for the character. It's absolutely fine that comics Wanda loves Cholent. We don't even know what movie Wanda likes best. Just that Vision was trying to guess what she'd like.

I wouldn't be so sure about such a personality change in Vision or Bucky. I don't think I've ever seen MCU fans talk about not wanting Vision to have other things outside of superhero stuff. And I think writers were just trying to convey Vision's pragmatic side. That thinks through everything logically. He's never been a brainless bruiser type. So he'd likely avoid combat if it didn't make logical sense. That's pretty much on the mark for him. Wanda on the other hand has a temper. She's the other side of the balance between the two. She has anger along with the great power. She probably will learn to control that some with the tutelage from Agatha.

I don't find it odd at all that Wanda would find Vision intriguing. And feel that he provides a counter to how she is herself.

I'd for sure like to see Vision use his full capabilities but that doesn't mean I want him to lose control. That's a different situation. I don't want him to be battle hungry, but battle smart. And he's very smart. It'd be very OC for him to act rash.

Vision and Wanda have always had a sort of sad underlying part to their relationship. Partially because both had very hard existences and weren't accepted easily. But that's where they related to each other. They had actually a very relatable situation between them. Because life is hard, and relationships are also not easy. But they can like life, be overall great. And I think they had a lot of great moments.

MCU fans love the feels, so they aren't above getting behind sad situations in relationships. So I would not sell them short.
    Holy cow. Those are really good points you make there. I never thought of Wanda and Vision in that way. I just see a lot of complaints online saying that Vision "doesn't do anything." I agree he hasn't done a lot of fighting, but I don't think he's done nothing either. Wanda has done more, but she really hasn't had a lot of screen time either now that I think about it. I agree with you Vision and Wanda have had a lot great moments in the comics and the movies. It just felt a bit rushed in the films. But I'm pleasantly surprised that not EVERYBODY is turned off by the pathos in their relationship. You said you wanted variety in the MCU, well Wanda and Vision are definitely quite distinct from the rest of the cast of characters (so you're getting it there). They don't joke around much at all and seem to take their love more seriously than the other couples do. I would never sell them short. I'm just curious if MCU fans will be okay with WandaVision because I think the tone might be really different from what they've seen previously. I love the Marvel movies because of the comedy and that they don't take themselves seriously. I think a lot of people feel the same way. But lately I've noticed that during serious moments, characters CONSTANTLY make jokes to break the tension. It's like Disney's afraid to explore serious emotions in their superhero flicks. So dudes (and they're almost always guys) spit out some snarky wisecrack and we're back to jokey time again after a really emotional moment. Part of me hopes that Marvel Studios continues to laugh off tragedies and traumas like they've done up to this point and make light of stuff. Because I don't want things to get too heavy for audiences who want some sort of escapism from many real world troubles. But I just get this feeling that's NOT going to happen during this series. I think Vision and Wanda are going to go through some tough stuff and the producers want viewers to SEE that. I'm not sure that's entirely a good idea. I think MCU fans are just used to our heroes quipping their way through the movies and then going up against these HUGE faceless CGI armies at the end of them. But I get the sense that posters here are sort of getting weary of that and want something new.

Hope you Enjoy.

Most informative and interesting video. Thank you for sharing.