Page 120 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This honeslty makes sense, will all the shut-downs that happen and might still be happing, any delays make sense at this point. Heck I heard just today the Falcon and the Winter Soldier might be delayed as well.

This does not really get me down if true cause it is happening everywhere right now, so it just makes senses if true.

What should matter too is this gives time for the show to have more time to Iron out its ideals and story to make the best show they can, so delays not matter what they might be about in the end should be used to help better the product as much as they can.
    Hi CJ! I miss you! Glad to hear you are doing fine, just being very busy with things. Stay safe, stay well.

We need Wanda to Hex-Power away the Corona Virus!! Just say, "No more Corona!!"

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi CJ! I miss you! Glad to hear you are doing fine, just being very busy with things. Stay safe, stay well.

LOL, Finally Something with the "No More" Quote I can Honeslty Agree with.

Thanks Very Much Phoenixx9, Means Allot , Missed you too My Friend and Hope all is going well with you as well. =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

I'm glad you're doing OK, CJ. You've really been so great for this thread.

Because Wanda has been mostly absent from comics for so long, and now her big break in TV/movies has been delayed (maybe God saw that Wanda was about to get popular and he couldn't have that, so he sent a plague to make sure the next Doctor Strange movie couldn't start filming), I've learned to stop hoping for her to be featured in something, and accept that I'll see her when I see her and I don't know when that is. So that's why I'm not contributing as much as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    WandaVision is Still Scheduled for Late 2020 THR has revised their report to state that #WandaVision is now expected to release on disneyplus
    THIS YEAR instead of Spring 2021!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Lol, I hope then all the reports fall in line. Because I feel like that moment where Vision and Simon were fighting and Wanda's eyes went crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Indeed, Marvel need to make an official statement on the status of these shows
    Indeed I Hope this Statment is True and I Agree that Marvel Studios and/or Disney needs to put out an offical statment on this to help get fans of both Disney+, Marvel and the Public in General the Info to know what is coming when and to hype it the proper way possible.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I would prefer her to burn it away like she did with the Red Zone Virus.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm glad you're doing OK, CJ. You've really been so great for this thread.

Because Wanda has been mostly absent from comics for so long, and now her big break in TV/movies has been delayed (maybe God saw that Wanda was about to get popular and he couldn't have that, so he sent a plague to make sure the next Doctor Strange movie couldn't start filming), I've learned to stop hoping for her to be featured in something, and accept that I'll see her when I see her and I don't know when that is. So that's why I'm not contributing as much as I used to.
    Thank Gurkle, Means Allot to hear that my friend, been to long.

You as well as many others are great for the thread, you bring a good heartfel honestly and indepthness to the Wanda dicussioin that is needed more then you give yourself credit for, so thanks for being you and the indepth intelligence you bring.

I think right now with all that has been going on I find it not suprising things feel on hold and I honestly don't mind that if it happens right now. It feels the world is up/down coaster of moving forward or back little by little and I expect that to last for at least for the majority of the rest of the year. So while yea delays in Wanda being in the comics or the show to come out is something that can be a downer, honeslty this time in history things seems to be coming out slowly for good and understanble reasons.

It will be important to have Marvel Studios clarify when WandaVision is coming out that is important.

As for the comics, I take my time their and while it is good to see Wanda in Avengers in the New Event Empyre or in Strange Acedemny we will have to see where things go from their. I still feel the roaster at Marvel is So Big right now it is hard fitting all this characters in their books and with the shut-downs in the comic industry slowing getting rolled back it be awhile until a regular bases seems to be around.

I still feel we will see more Wanda as the WandaVision show gets going and the hype for Doctor Strange 2 takes hold. It is not ever a complete factor the Movies and TV adds to the comics, but it is still good for the Comic side to take notice how Wanda does in the public eye and that might lead to more pushes.

Honeslty I fact now adays more a in what we have already over the years cause how rocky things can get it can all go aways and halt fast.

I would prefer her to burn it away like she did with the Red Zone Virus.
    Oh Goodness, I would Love that Leokearon, Honestly Kill the Virus with CHOAS~HEX-FIRE from the Goddess of Magic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Oh Goodness, I would Love that Leokearon, Honestly Kill the Virus with CHOAS~HEX-FIRE from the Goddess of Magic!!!

Love That, pic, CJ!

We could have Wanda say, "No more Corona!" and burn it away with her Chaos-Hex-Fire!

Love That, pic, CJ!

We could have Wanda say, "No more Corona!" and burn it away with her Chaos-Hex-Fire!
    I would prefer that HOM be never references again. Having Wanda say "No More <insert thing here>" just drags out the false notion that all Wanda has to do is say three words to get rid of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It was just because it needed to happen for M-day to occur. The whole reason that entire event and everything leading up to it was so bad was that it rewrote a lot of what was true about Wanda to force it to happen. She didn't have much to do with mutant affairs, nor did she really care much about Magneto up until that point. Her interactions with him were very few after the Brotherhood era. And pretty much were mostly negative, besides the time she found out he was her father. So none of it makes sense why she'd create this utopia. In the story it's framed as she wants to give everyone what they wanted, even though it didn't really line up for some characters. This was at the urging of Pietro who was worried that everyone was gonna put her to death. So he wanted her to create another reality where everyone was happy and distracted. Only that would never have been something Wanda went along with. So it didn't make sense at the time. Which is why they had to go through later and say that it was the life force that possessed her. Also there's the problem with her powers never really being able to warp reality on their own. And that chaos magic did exist.

So basically it's an event. It was messy because that's what events are really. It never matters what canon came before it as long as the plot is moved forward. Quesada wanted to get rid of a majority of mutants, so the story had to make that happen. HoM was the path to that. It could have been a very powerful story if they had built up to it at all with Wanda's character and had it make sense for her. Or if it wasn't so damn ableist and sexist. The part about Emma wanting to have her put down like a dog for having a mental breakdown was gross. Because at this point M-day had not even happened yet. And just about everyone that was killed off was back at this point. So it was down to Emma wanting to get rid of a mentally ill mutant because it'd embarrass all other mutants and make them look bad.

It was a terrible era for comics.
    I'm really grateful you explained this in a VERY clear and easy to follow manner. Now I get what happened fifteen years ago. What a rough period for Wanda! Her being involved in stories dealing with mental breakdowns, genocides, threesomes, incest and being manipulated by Red Skull and Doctor Doom is just so awful. I'm glad I missed that whole era. I heard she even had a one-night stand with Clint! I'm not saying she should hole up in a monastery and live a monastic lifestyle, but when I read her she just wasn't that "kind of girl". And her being openly mocked by Red Skull and Doom for letting herself get "brainwashed" by them not only made her look naive, but actually really stupid. The comic book industry prides itself on being progressive, but when it comes to the Scarlet Witch it appears a lot of male writers enjoy inflicting their misogynistic fantasies on her. Have other women in Marvel Comics been treated as shabbily in the past twenty years?!

Indeed, Marvel need to make an official statement on the status of these shows
    I think they won't make one because they don't know what's gonna happen themselves. Marvel Studios seems to be as much in the dark as everybody else is.

Ultimate Member

I would prefer that HOM be never references again. Having Wanda say "No More <insert thing here>" just drags out the false notion that all Wanda has to do is say three words to get rid of anything.
    Agreed. It just begs the question of why she never said 'No More Cancer' or 'No More Hunger' or 'No More Racism.' The Children's Crusade did an adequate job of kicking that can down the road and saying it wasn't really *her* power that did it, and I'm fine leaving that mess in the rearview mirror and accelerating away, never looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm really grateful you explained this in a VERY clear and easy to follow manner. Now I get what happened fifteen years ago. What a rough period for Wanda! Her being involved in stories dealing with mental breakdowns, genocides, threesomes, incest and being manipulated by Red Skull and Doctor Doom is just so awful. I'm glad I missed that whole era. I heard she even had a one-night stand with Clint! I'm not saying she should hole up in a monastery and live a monastic lifestyle, but when I read her she just wasn't that "kind of girl". And her being openly mocked by Red Skull and Doom for letting herself get "brainwashed" by them not only made her look naive, but actually really stupid. The comic book industry prides itself on being progressive, but when it comes to the Scarlet Witch it appears a lot of male writers enjoy inflicting their misogynistic fantasies on her. Have other women in Marvel Comics been treated as shabbily in the past twenty years?!
    She did not have anything with Clint. It ended up being a doombot. Bendis later tried to make it so it was still Clint but it never took. Wanda has for some reason flown under their radar for needing a progressive change. I don't know what it is with that. They even celebrate that era like it wasn't extremely sexist and ableist.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think they won't make one because they don't know what's gonna happen themselves. Marvel Studios seems to be as much in the dark as everybody else is.
    With Wanda's show, it's all been filmed already. So hopefully they have a better idea with that one. Falcon and Winter Soldier had some filming issues which put it behind even before Covid, so I think that's why that one was more up in the air.

Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-19-2020 at 06:38 PM.