Page 125 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I just think Marvel Studios wants to avoid offending people in Serbia by changing the name of Wanda's country of origin because Serbia WAS bombed in the 90s. And since there was going to be a battle with lots of casualties in Sokovia they just wanted to avoid that kind of connection. That's just my speculation though. I think Marvel's done a great job of trying to be sensitive to other countries' feelings when it comes to these things.

Yeah, I think the opportunity to redo Wanda as Romani on screen is past. I have no hope that Doctor Doom will be portrayed as a Romani EITHER. The only good thing coming out of this whole "whitewashing" controversy is that maybe Marvel Comics would get it in their thick heads to have characters like Doom, Pietro and Wanda be written by Romani writers. That would be cool.

I understand why they are keeping things under wraps concerning who the bad guys are in WandaVision, but I don't recall her being involved in cosmic affairs that much in the comics. So that's where my curiosity lies. And thank you for reminding me about Morgan Le Fey and Chthon. They definitely would like to get their hands on Wanda's powers.

I have to be frank with you and level with you and say that you have REALLY surprised me with your comments lately. This goes for leokearon too. You both have clearly been lifelong fans of superhero comic books. Obviously you like the whole good vs evil thing and the action/adventure stuff that is associated with it. But I have to acknowledge that you SHOCKED me when you stated that you thoroughly enjoy the NON-superhero elements of the books just as much. I'm talking about stuff relating to Wanda and Vision which have NOTHING at all to do with their superpowers. When I occasionally visit other online forums or read Internet video comments, it seems like EVERYBODY talks about how they want Wanda to "go crazy and kill a bunch of people" and how they want Vision to "do something" in the movies. And do something clearly means beating up the bad guys/gals. You seem genuinely curious to explore the backstories and personalities of Wanda and Vision just as much anything else. How refreshing. I kind of think you're in the minority here though. Even in the CBR threads. Only a select few people are even aware that Vision played Chet Baker's I Fall in Love Too Easily while he was cooking for Wanda in Captain America: Civil War. I read on YouTube a comment from a user saying he never thought he would hear such a beautiful song in a Marvel movie. That stuff just totally goes over ninety percent of viewers' heads (it's not their fault because it IS pretty subtle in the movies). And you even clearly told me that's how Vision is ACTUALLY like in the comic books. Like he's just as interested in learning more about the world as he is in saving it (unlike so many other characters in the superhero genre). I totally didn't know that! I just remember him being a badass robotic Avenger. I also think it is really odd that Wanda absolutely wants to take part in Vision's journey of discovery. I don't know if that's totally accurate when it comes to the comics though. Wouldn't it make a hell of a lot more sense if she was more attracted to dudes like Doctor Strange, the Black Knight, Loki, Brother Voodoo, Captain Britain, Daimon Hellstrom, Modred the Mystic and even Doctor Doom? They are all so deeply involved magical affairs and are keenly connected to things related to sorcery (and that's where Wanda's talents and interests lie). I don't think any of them give a damn about music, visual arts, fashion and cuisine. I think it's amusing and quirky that Wanda likes a purple-faced, battery-operated dude who does.
    I hope they eventually do get Romani writers involved.

Some people view it from only an action standpoint. But comics and comics characters were always a bit more than that. Because they covered different facets of characters' lives and tried to make them relatable.

You don't have to share everything in common with people to fall in love with them. Opposites do attract. I do like the idea of her paired with Brother Voodoo. It just needs fleshed out. A lot.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm glad to not be paying for and reading Empyre. The way Marvel keeps wanting to appease the mutant fanbase by having Wanda abused and murdered for the sexist and xenophobic storyline they retconned her into having is just so gross.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm glad to not be paying for and reading Empyre. The way Marvel keeps wanting to appease the mutant fanbase by having Wanda abused and murdered for the sexist and xenophobic storyline they retconned her into having is just so gross.
    spoilers:
    That entire article and it’s headline make it sound like mutants are already condemning her for her trying to resurrect the Genoshans. Or that she would deserve to be punished at all for this. The story itself also never showed Wanda being harmed. We don’t know what has happened to her after the spell backfired. Especially since we can see her safe and sound in Avengers. We will hopefully find out next issue.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

To be fair, this has very little to do with the actual Empyre event and more to do with the X-books. They just used an Empyre tie-in to start the story. Like I said, the Empyre: Avengers book doesn't reflect this at all. It's not clear if anyone else working on Empyre knew about this.

I'll wait to see what Marvel does with this. Like we've discussed earlier in the thread, Wanda seems to never be a part of their progressive stance on things. So I do not trust it.

someone knows what date was the original date for this empyre x-men comic? Darkhold was supposed to drop in june 24

i know the empyre avengers issue with her today was suppossed to drop time ago as well i think

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'll wait to see what Marvel does with this. Like we've discussed earlier in the thread, Wanda seems to never be a part of their progressive stance on things. So I do not trust it.
    I'm more worried about Hickman specifically. Ever since the retcon, the Avengers Office has kept Wanda away from X-Men affairs as much as possible. It seems to be Hickman now who's pushing for her to have a role in those stories again... and so far, he has only used her as a punching bag. I hope he doesn't mess things up more than they already are, and I hope the Avengers Office steps in if they think he's going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    someone knows what date was the original date for this empyre x-men comic? Darkhold was supposed to drop in june 24

i know the empyre avengers issue with her today was suppossed to drop time ago as well i think
    I think most Empyre titles coming out now were supposed to come out in April, so the Empyre: X-Men comic would predate the Darkhold event.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm more worried about Hickman specifically. Ever since the retcon, the Avengers Office has kept Wanda away from X-Men affairs as much as possible. It seems to be Hickman now who's pushing for her to have a role in those stories again... and so far, he has only used her as a punching bag. I hope he doesn't mess things up more than they already are, and I hope the Avengers Office steps in if they think he's going too far.
    I am with you on this Drops of Venus, here is my 2 cents on this.

Forgive my writing I am doing this On my IPad while I am away on vacation, so I will be limited in my posting and responses, sorry.

Here We Go.....

I am really staying away from the articles themselves cause I find them to click-baiting in their headlines and talk, I only focusing on both the panels given to us as well as the reactions of my fellow posters here on Wanda’s thread both regulars and Regulars from the X-Boards, taking as many views of this into account as I can.

The fact that this is a story that has already taken place Months ago in the Marvel timeline give me hope this has greater meaning for the long run for Wanda and if anyone Knows Hickman who is writing this that is his TM, go or bad. That is how I feel it should be taken a longer story like his style that likely will go beyond this mini. Expecting this to be resolved or the full scope of it’s meaning to be known in this or in an issue or 2 is not how this will go or should go.

I want the Art of storytelling, the factor that while we might want an instant resolution, That is not how deep and impactful storytelling usually works. That is How Hickman’s writing works as well and so far he has not lost my trust in that even with him reviving this story.

I never felt it was necessary to revisiting this, but now Hickman with hints in recent stories he might pull this trigger and now he has finally decided to pull this trigger so their is no going back now~~~~~~So here we go.

I always feel things will work out for the benefit for Wanda in the Long run and I feel no real difference here. Her heart is in the right place and her desire to set right is inspiring, whether it was necessary or not in fans view is up for debate, but by the reaction of fellow X-Men posters and Wanda Regular faithful fans this by what I have seen has lead to some interest in this that for Wanda in a positive sense and that is good.

Not all but that makes sense too.

We in the end have no control over any of this we are just now along for the ride Hickman has started.

I hope for little sniping at little missteps characters will clearly be making in this and focus on the bigger and longer picture this will likely tell for our Wanda.

Like the story said “Go BIG or Go HOME” and if their any expectation in this from Hickman in hopes for this I hope for this as well.

One....More......Time. (Huh)

I am willing to go threw this one more time this conversation about Wanda and M-Day one more time.

I hope this will lead to some form of conclusion that works good for both Wanda fans and X-Fans alike. I like some of the positivity I see from Wanda and X-Fans that this might bring for Wanda. But also note the justifiable concerns and upset ness this has brought as well, Hickman has his work cut out for him.

In the End, what matters most the positive for Wanda and Fans.

Ok Then......One More Time........the Ball is in Hickman’s hands now, I hope for the best.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

So...is this Z-Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

2020-04-29 - Empyre: Avengers #1
    2020-05-13 - Empyre: X-Men #1

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    See, I think Zemo might actually reveal something about Wanda, that he knows due to his secret service connections, to Sam and Bucky in F&WS, about where she was actually born, and maybe mention some of the folklore about Wundagore Mountain.

I personally think SWORD's involvement points to Chthon.
    He has followers on Earth, as well as Witches, Werewolves, and Vampires in the shadows, and though Monica Rambeau is associated with cosmic stories she has an association with Wanda and Strange, in particular a Doctor Strange story involving Chthon's followers and Dracula. A thing to note is that Moon Knight claims to be the avatar of an extra-dimensional deity. Who would believe him, unless there was a precedent?
    That's true. I think it would do wonders to connect Falcon and the Winter Soldier to WandaVision and make the whole MCU even more linked together. I'm not sure if the Sokovian secret service would know much about HYDRA's activities though. The latter seemed to be pretty secretive. The SWORD stuff could definitely involve Chthon. I know Photon will have something to do with SWORD, but perhaps Chthon will too. I wonder if Chthon will look like a squid in the MCU, however.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The non-superhero stuff is the more interesting stuff as it developes the character and makes them more human. Anyone can get a hero to fight a villain but it's exploring their character, what they do when they are not smashing robots and defeating crooks, that's the hard part and what sets all the different characters apart. I also love My Hero Academia and yes all the heroes and villains and the fights are epic, but I prefer reading about the kids being well kids and studying and living at U.A, that's why I love the Smash and School Briefs spinoffs.
    I guess that makes two of us. Judging from the posts on this thread alone, I don't think there's much interest in the stuff we talked about. And that's definitely NOT a criticism of these posters. I totally get where they're coming from. Superhero stories require lots of epic events and I absolutely understand the appeal they have for these folks. I like it too by the way. The My Hero Academia sounds like it has a fascinating premise for its existence. I would also like to read about kids doing kids stuff. Some of the stuff being talked about here concerning Wanda seems pretty scary and sad. I would actually like to know more about her personal interests more than anything. Her curiosity about magic is well documented, but I am anxious to learn more about her "home life" in WandaVision. That's more interesting to me than the weird stuff and battles which take place later on in the series (although I'm interested in that as well). I STILL think Vision in the MCU should really quit the superhero business completely and become a curator in an art gallery or museum. That kind of job is totally suited for his personality there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-22-2020 at 07:36 PM.

I hope they eventually do get Romani writers involved.

Some people view it from only an action standpoint. But comics and comics characters were always a bit more than that. Because they covered different facets of characters' lives and tried to make them relatable.

You don't have to share everything in common with people to fall in love with them. Opposites do attract. I do like the idea of her paired with Brother Voodoo. It just needs fleshed out. A lot.
    It absolutely makes sense for her to be paired with any magical/mystical person. Because she's a big part of that world. My view of love I think is really different than most of the posters in these threads. A lot of them are fascinated by who should "ship" with whom. Which is really a lot of fun I must admit. But it IS a bit like celebrity gossip to me. Who should these big stars (superheroes) go out with and such. I'm not big on that kind of stuff. A lot of the romances seem too Twilighty and Notebooky to me. Contrived and forced. Like Lifetime and soap opera romances which I don't really understand. Even though I thought it wasn't fleshed out very well in the movies, I think Vision and Wanda had a strangely appealing connection which I wasn't expecting (because their relationship is really weird and strange in so many ways). Because it was based on understanding, honesty and respect. You could tell they were happy to support and encourage each other. That's love to me. Especially after that funny paprikash conversation in Captain America: Civil War. When Vision told Wanda that the only thing he wanted was for the rest of the world to look fondly at her like he did. That sentiment came from the heart and was very sincere. And the only thing I thought of when I watched that scene at the time was how sad the both of them looked. But you told me the nature of their relationship was actually like that in the comics, so I understand it better now in hindsight. A lot of the other couples seemed to have really frivolous relationships which I didn't take seriously. But again, maybe because I'm not really a romantic and/or sentimental type, I'm missing something there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-22-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It absolutely makes sense for her to be paired with any magical/mystical person. Because she's a big part of that world. My view of love I think is really different than most of the posters in these threads. A lot of them are fascinated by who should "ship" with whom. Which is really a lot of fun I must admit. But it IS a bit like celebrity gossip to me. Who should these big stars (superheroes) go out with and such. I'm not big on that kind of stuff. A lot of the romances seem too Twilighty and Notebooky to me. Contrived and forced. Like Lifetime and soap opera romances which I don't really understand. Even though I thought it wasn't fleshed out very well in the movies, I think Vision and Wanda had a strangely appealing connection which I wasn't expecting (because their relationship is really weird and strange in so many ways). Because it was based on understanding, honesty and respect. You could tell they were happy to support and encourage each other. That's love to me. Especially after that funny paprikash conversation in Captain America: Civil War. When Vision told Wanda that the only thing he wanted was for the rest of the world to look fondly at her like he did. That sentiment came from the heart and was very sincere. And the only thing I thought of when I watched that scene at the time was how sad the both of them looked. But you told me the nature of their relationship was actually like that in the comics, so I understand it better now in hindsight. A lot of the other couples seemed to have really frivolous relationships which I didn't take seriously. But again, maybe because I'm not really a romantic and/or sentimental type, I'm missing something there.
    I am not a shipper, typically. I just like what works. I feel like Wanda and Brother Voodoo could work, but they just have not done anything with it. That's it's biggest problem. Not what they share in common.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am with you on this Drops of Venus, here is my 2 cents on this.

Forgive my writing I am doing this On my IPad while I am away on vacation, so I will be limited in my posting and responses, sorry.

Here We Go.....

I am really staying away from the articles themselves cause I find them to click-baiting in their headlines and talk, I only focusing on both the panels given to us as well as the reactions of my fellow posters here on Wanda’s thread both regulars and Regulars from the X-Boards, taking as many views of this into account as I can.

The fact that this is a story that has already taken place Months ago in the Marvel timeline give me hope this has greater meaning for the long run for Wanda and if anyone Knows Hickman who is writing this that is his TM, go or bad. That is how I feel it should be taken a longer story like his style that likely will go beyond this mini. Expecting this to be resolved or the full scope of it’s meaning to be known in this or in an issue or 2 is not how this will go or should go.

I want the Art of storytelling, the factor that while we might want an instant resolution, That is not how deep and impactful storytelling usually works. That is How Hickman’s writing works as well and so far he has not lost my trust in that even with him reviving this story.

I never felt it was necessary to revisiting this, but now Hickman with hints in recent stories he might pull this trigger and now he has finally decided to pull this trigger so their is no going back now~~~~~~So here we go.

I always feel things will work out for the benefit for Wanda in the Long run and I feel no real difference here. Her heart is in the right place and her desire to set right is inspiring, whether it was necessary or not in fans view is up for debate, but by the reaction of fellow X-Men posters and Wanda Regular faithful fans this by what I have seen has lead to some interest in this that for Wanda in a positive sense and that is good.

Not all but that makes sense too.

We in the end have no control over any of this we are just now along for the ride Hickman has started.

I hope for little sniping at little missteps characters will clearly be making in this and focus on the bigger and longer picture this will likely tell for our Wanda.

Like the story said “Go BIG or Go HOME” and if their any expectation in this from Hickman in hopes for this I hope for this as well.

One....More......Time. (Huh)

I am willing to go threw this one more time this conversation about Wanda and M-Day one more time.

I hope this will lead to some form of conclusion that works good for both Wanda fans and X-Fans alike. I like some of the positivity I see from Wanda and X-Fans that this might bring for Wanda. But also note the justifiable concerns and upset ness this has brought as well, Hickman has his work cut out for him.

In the End, what matters most the positive for Wanda and Fans.

Ok Then......One More Time........the Ball is in Hickman’s hands now, I hope for the best.
    I usually have faith in Hickman as I loved his Avengers stuff, but his X-Men stuff hasn't been as good. Does he have a big plan? Of course but he's not letting anyone in on it. Whatever the outcome of this story, I want it to draw a line under M-Day once and for all, this is something that should have and could have been addressed years ago, but for some reason Marvel just love to drag it out.