Page 126 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess that makes two of us. Judging from the posts on this thread alone, I don't think there's much interest in the stuff we talked about. And that's definitely NOT a criticism of these posters. I totally get where they're coming from. Superhero stories require lots of epic events and I absolutely understand the appeal they have for these folks. I like it too by the way. The My Hero Academia sounds like it has a fascinating premise for its existence. I would also like to read about kids doing kids stuff. Some of the stuff being talked about here concerning Wanda seems pretty scary and sad. I would actually like to know more about her personal interests more than anything. Her curiosity about magic is well documented, but I am anxious to learn more about her "home life" in WandaVision. That's more interesting to me than the weird stuff and battles which take place later on in the series (although I'm interested in that as well). I STILL think Vision in the MCU should really quit the superhero business completely and become a curator in an art gallery or museum. That kind of job is totally suited for his personality there.
    I think it's a balancing act, you need to develop the character by showing them doing non-superhero things but you still need the good old beating the bad guy stuff as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    To be fair, this has very little to do with the actual Empyre event and more to do with the X-books. They just used an Empyre tie-in to start the story. Like I said, the Empyre: Avengers book doesn't reflect this at all. It's not clear if anyone else working on Empyre knew about this.
    It seems to be using Wanda as a plot device and wpke virtue signalling Marvel making her look inept in a way they never would with any other female hero.

Unless that Screenrant article is right and Mystique might be the real culprit.

I'm more worried about Hickman specifically. Ever since the retcon, the Avengers Office has kept Wanda away from X-Men affairs as much as possible. It seems to be Hickman now who's pushing for her to have a role in those stories again... and so far, he has only used her as a punching bag. I hope he doesn't mess things up more than they already are, and I hope the Avengers Office steps in if they think he's going too far.
    Right, we really don't know his intentions, if he's planning something or just want to use her as a punching bag like he's been doing, what she did in Genosha is more like PIS to me (Plot Induced Stupidity) i don't think Current Wanda would do something like that after all the things happened to her (due being used as a plot device)

And she currently being with the Avengers fighting against the Cotati makes the spell thing make less sense lol

At least we could say nothing bad happened to her, since she's in the Empyre Avengers and will be in this new Darkhold mini event thing

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I am not a shipper, typically. I just like what works. I feel like Wanda and Brother Voodoo could work, but they just have not done anything with it. That's it's biggest problem. Not what they share in common.
    Sure it could work. But from what I've heard, it has felt a little forced and rushed? What Brother Voodoo and Wanda need is a "paprikash" moment. I think they're still too consumed with superheroing for any romance to take place. Plus, like Vision, Brother Voodoo really needs to grow a funny bone. He's way too serious. Vision is too, but because he's an android, he doesn't need to be funny in order for the jokes to write themselves. As a great philosopher once said: "Compliment a woman and sure, she will smile. But make a woman laugh, and she may get naked." You, as a lady, should know that that statement is an incontestable fact. I'm really pleased he will be funny in WandaVision though. We've already seen the Deepak Chopra part of his personality. It's now time to see the Tim Taylor side of it. I don't want to see a "cerebral" Vision and "emo" Wanda. It's far past time we moved on from that.

And is paprikash really a Romani dish? I've done some research on paprikash, and from what I understand Hungarians clearly lay claim to this particular dish. And I don't know what recipe Vision was reading because from what I've read there's a LOT of paprika in chicken paprikash. A pinch is clearly NOT enough.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-23-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I think it's a balancing act, you need to develop the character by showing them doing non-superhero things but you still need the good old beating the bad guy stuff as well.
    I think WandaVision is doing non-superhero stuff in the first half and in the second half things will go completely out of control. So I think the balance will actually be fine for this show. Which I think is an unusual ratio for a superhero flick. It's usually like eighty percent action narrative, and twenty percent dealing with personal issues. For the movies, Wanda and Vision barely got enough time to do anything. The films were basically showcases for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man and Thanos. Everybody else had to play second fiddles.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-23-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Sure it could work. But from what I've heard, it has felt a little forced and rushed? What Brother Voodoo and Wanda need is a "paprikash" moment. I think they're still too consumed with superheroing for any romance to take place. Plus, like Vision, Brother Voodoo really needs to grow a funny bone. He's way too serious. Vision is too, but because he's an android, he doesn't need to be funny in order for the jokes to write themselves. As a great philosopher once said: "Compliment a woman and sure, she will smile. But make a woman laugh, and she may get naked." You, as a lady, should know that that statement is an incontestable fact. I'm really pleased he will be funny in WandaVision though. We've already seen the Deepak Chopra part of his personality. It's now time to see the Tim Taylor side of it. I don't want to see a "cerebral" Vision and "emo" Wanda. It's far past time we moved on from that.

And is paprikash really a Romani dish? I've done some research on paprikash, and from what I understand Hungarians clearly lay claim to this particular dish. And I don't know what recipe Vision was reading because from what I've read there's a LOT of paprika in chicken paprikash. A pinch is clearly NOT enough.
    It wasn't forced. It wasn't even rushed. It just was that they showed nothing. Most of the relationship is off panel.

They don't necessarily need a paprikash moment. They just need panel time.

They aren't consumed with really anything. Brother Voodoo was in one book after No Surrender and Wanda wasn't in anything. Marvel just doesn't want to do anything with it.

No that statement isn't really fact lol. Maybe for some women. Some women are asexual.

Please no, I never liked Tim Taylor.

Yes it is. A lot of recipes in Europe are a shared thing. There are different versions of certain recipes too. Romani have been in Europe for 800 years and a lot of Romani reside in places like Hungary.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I wonder if this was gonna tie-in to the Darkhold event in any way? It just seems so out of touch with everything else that's happening with Wanda; her appearance on Star, on the Avengers book. How did something this huge happened a month ago and then she's just currently living her life like nothing happened in the present time? It just makes her look bad. Whatever plans Hickman has for Wanda, PLEASE, just talk to the Avengers Office so they're all on the same page about it. At the end of the day, they're the ones who get the final say on what happens to her, since she is an Avengers Office character. Doing life-changing decisions about a character that's not under your ''jurisdiction'' should be a big no no.
    You are making assumptions here. Something tells me that whatever even is happening on Empyre: X-Men, will finish, since it is planned only as 4 issues. I think whatever is happening with Wanda in Empyre: X-Men, has happened before the events in Empyre: Avengers. Plus, Hickman has done astounding work so far, even though a few of the issues were quite messed up in the story time, it was hard to realize when and how was happening, but when you finish with the small events you realize when exactly and how exactly they happened.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Working out the timeline has been frying my brain. It would be nice if they made some more charts to keep track of this. I will read all the charts if it will only promise to make sense of what Wanda has been up to, and of it will actually lead to her redemption.
    Yeah, mine too, but I am starting to put the digits pack and constructing the entire timeline of the story, I just hope they were a bit more organized and the different issues connected at the end of their smaller events with the current events that are going, but yeah, the timeline is pretty messed up within the storylines, it's cut and thorn around and replaced and thorn and replaced again, and again, and again. It feels almost like Hickman, had several ideas he wanted to push and make it real, but instead he ended up losing himself up into the timetable of the storyline.

For example, Empyre Issue #0 and Issue 1 and 2, happen before Empyre: X-Men, Empyre X-Men happens after issue 2 of Empyre... that why it is so confusing.

It wasn't forced. It wasn't even rushed. It just was that they showed nothing. Most of the relationship is off panel.

They don't necessarily need a paprikash moment. They just need panel time.

They aren't consumed with really anything. Brother Voodoo was in one book after No Surrender and Wanda wasn't in anything. Marvel just doesn't want to do anything with it.

No that statement isn't really fact lol. Maybe for some women. Some women are asexual.

Please no, I never liked Tim Taylor.

Yes it is. A lot of recipes in Europe are a shared thing. There are different versions of certain recipes too. Romani have been in Europe for 800 years and a lot of Romani reside in places like Hungary.
    I stated that Wanda and Brother Voodoo were often consumed with battle because so many covers show them fighting together. So I thought that's ALL that they did. Maybe Marvel just got bored with the idea of putting them together? Who knows. I chose Tim Taylor because he is a safe choice. My preference is for Vision to be more like Archie Bunker and Al Bundy, but there is no way in hell that Disney would allow that to happen. I think a Roseanne and Dan Conner thing would be possible though. A couple who mock each other a lot but are a great husband and wife team (and fantastic parents too).

It is absolutely true that women love a sense of humor and can't resist its power. Females in the Marvel Universe are no different I imagine. If Vision or Brother Voodoo can make Wanda laugh, that's the entire ball game as far as I'm concerned when it comes to winning her affections. Game over. No amount of reality warping can prevent her from being attracted to them. She'll end up a giggling mess.

I figure Romani cuisine would have more Indian and South Asian influences. But apparently that isn't the case. Hungarians must not be pleased. If they didn't create paprikash, then they probably didn't create goulash either. I wonder if that's a Romani staple as well! I'm really hoping that Wanda does a great job of teaching Vision how to cook Sokovian food. It's almost guaranteed cooking will be part of WandaVision. I find it tremendously amusing that Vision in the MCU will be known mostly for his culinary skills and taste in fashion as opposed to any battlefield exploits. And by pairing Wanda with him allows her the opportunity to have some fun.

I have to be honest with you, I kind of dislike the comic book Scarlet Witch version and prefer the movie one. In the comics for the past twenty years she's just been portrayed as a female magical version of Inspector Clouseau. A bumbling and inept magician who is easily manipulated and makes a lot of shitty decisions (and her judgement is often highly suspect as well). I don't know why Marvel creators love portraying her as unhinged, selfish and miserable. She wasn't this way back in the olden days. And as Relugus said, no other female character in Marvel Comics gets this kind of treatment. NONE! I'm starting to lose my love for Wanda because the way she has acted in the books for the past two decades is really irresponsible. Even saying that makes me really sad. And what's funny is that if other female characters did what Wanda has done, they'd probably be considered badass chicks. But when Wanda does stupid ****, readers just think she's a psycho bitch. Which is really unfair. That's why I REALLY prefer her to be written by women writers at this point. They'd definitely make her a more sympathetic character again. I say bring Jac Schaeffer and Megan McDonnell on board at Marvel Comics to write for Wanda. I can't take this **** anymore!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-23-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The Wanda/Voodoo romance could have worked if Uncanny Avengers had continued and they had both been characters in it. Instead Wanda has not been a regular in an ongoing comic, not one, since Zub started the relationship, so effectively it doesn't exist.

It's a bit like the problem of the Wanda/Vision romance in the films, except there at least one moviegoer can whisper to another "well, they got married in the comics."

Why Wanda doesn't get to be in ongoings I don't know, but I won't be satisfied until she appears in something every month for more than a few months at a time. I don't really care where.

The Avengers Empyre tie-in, while not very good, reminded me that a couple of other characters are still sort of stuck in a holding pattern because they haven't been in ongoings: Wonder Man is still doing the pacifism bit from Uncanny Avengers, and Quicksilver is still being called out for being a hothead the way he was in the last days of the Uncanny Avengers comic. There's no progress for these characters because they don't get to be used long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The Wanda/Voodoo romance could have worked if Uncanny Avengers had continued and they had both been characters in it. Instead Wanda has not been a regular in an ongoing comic, not one, since Zub started the relationship, so effectively it doesn't exist.

It's a bit like the problem of the Wanda/Vision romance in the films, except there at least one moviegoer can whisper to another "well, they got married in the comics."

Why Wanda doesn't get to be in ongoings I don't know, but I won't be satisfied until she appears in something every month for more than a few months at a time. I don't really care where.

The Avengers Empyre tie-in, while not very good, reminded me that a couple of other characters are still sort of stuck in a holding pattern because they haven't been in ongoings: Wonder Man is still doing the pacifism bit from Uncanny Avengers, and Quicksilver is still being called out for being a hothead the way he was in the last days of the Uncanny Avengers comic. There's no progress for these characters because they don't get to be used long-term.
    You're totally right about the Wanda/Vision romance in the films. Their relationship was almost entirely built up off-screen. All they really had before Edinburgh was...Paprikash. Things were really rushed. Kind of like how the Hulk became Professor Hulk off-screen. I do understand that the Russo brothers couldn't get to cover ALL the characters' stories in the last two Avengers movies. These problems can be fixed in WandaVision and She-Hulk on Disney+. I can't believe Quicksilver is STILL a dick after all these years! And Wonder Man's a pacifist? I always figured he was more suited on the set of Melrose Place than in Avengers Mansion.

I stated that Wanda and Brother Voodoo were often consumed with battle because so many covers show them fighting together. So I thought that's ALL that they did. Maybe Marvel just got bored with the idea of putting them together? Who knows. I chose Tim Taylor because he is a safe choice. My preference is for Vision to be more like Archie Bunker and Al Bundy, but there is no way in hell that Disney would allow that to happen. I think a Roseanne and Dan Conner thing would be possible though. A couple who mock each other a lot but are a great husband and wife team (and fantastic parents too).
    All of those are way too dated and misogynist for anything now. I wouldn't want Vision to be like that, nor Disney+ to put that in their shows.

It is absolutely true that women love a sense of humor and can't resist its power. Females in the Marvel Universe are no different I imagine. If Vision or Brother Voodoo can make Wanda laugh, that's the entire ball game as far as I'm concerned when it comes to winning her affections. Game over. No amount of reality warping can prevent her from being attracted to them. She'll end up a giggling mess.
    Some women. I think it's safer not to assume that all women are a hive mind.

I figure Romani cuisine would have more Indian and South Asian influences. But apparently that isn't the case. Hungarians must not be pleased. If they didn't create paprikash, then they probably didn't create goulash either. I wonder if that's a Romani staple as well! I'm really hoping that Wanda does a great job of teaching Vision how to cook Sokovian food. It's almost guaranteed cooking will be part of WandaVision. I find it tremendously amusing that Vision in the MCU will be known mostly for his culinary skills and taste in fashion as opposed to any battlefield exploits. And by pairing Wanda with him allows her the opportunity to have some fun.
    Some of it has shades of things from India or South Asia but you have to realize that Romani have been in other parts of the world now for over 800 years. That's a pretty long time. There are Romani Goulash recipes.

I have to be honest with you, I kind of dislike the comic book Scarlet Witch version and prefer the movie one. In the comics for the past twenty years she's just been portrayed as a female magical version of Inspector Clouseau. A bumbling and inept magician who is easily manipulated and makes a lot of shitty decisions (and her judgement is often highly suspect as well). I don't know why Marvel creators love portraying her as unhinged, selfish and miserable. She wasn't this way back in the olden days. And as Relugus said, no other female character in Marvel Comics gets this kind of treatment. NONE! I'm starting to lose my love for Wanda because the way she has acted in the books for the past two decades is really irresponsible. Even saying that makes me really sad. And what's funny is that if other female characters did what Wanda has done, they'd probably be considered badass chicks. But when Wanda does stupid ****, readers just think she's a psycho bitch. Which is really unfair. That's why I REALLY prefer her to be written by women writers at this point. They'd definitely make her a more sympathetic character again. I say bring Jac Schaeffer and Megan McDonnell on board at Marvel Comics to write for Wanda. I can't take this **** anymore!
    I like comics Wanda when she's portrayed well. The problem is that comics have barely taken the time to do much with her in nearly two decades. That's on the writers more than the character. Love for a character should not be lost because modern writers have not treated her well. They just need to realize they've made mistakes with her that they wouldn't dare do to other female characters.

Wanda seems to sadly be missing from the October solicits, which has me worried. It seems like unless Zub writes her she disappears.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda seems to sadly be missing from the October solicits, which has me worried. It seems like unless Zub writes her she disappears.
    It doesn't have me worried because I just assume she won't be in anything. Her home is in the Avengers, the Avengers comic will not use her, so she's stuck.

I also think it's likely that she's being "saved" for some kind of X-Men story, unless they just had her eaten off-panel. But I really don't see her appearing in an ongoing again until 2022, and maybe not even then.

It doesn't have me worried because I just assume she won't be in anything. Her home is in the Avengers, the Avengers comic will not use her, so she's stuck.

I also think it's likely that she's being "saved" for some kind of X-Men story, unless they just had her eaten off-panel. But I really don't see her appearing in an ongoing again until 2022, and maybe not even then.
    I'd be nice if they at least have something to coincide with her show that is still supposed to start in December. But you won't catch me holding my breath on that one.

unless they just had her eaten off-panel. But I really don't see her appearing in an ongoing again until 2022, and maybe not even then.
    if we assume the Empyre Avengers tie-in in which she is right now is after the Empyre X-Men, i think she survived somehow