Page 128 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, Civil War kind of started out like an Avengers movie, but then went back to being a Cap film. But I thought it was interesting. And I'm glad it didn't make Iron Man look like a dick. Which I heard people were afraid of. I consider it the first movie in which Wanda lost her "accent". I do think it's ridiculous that in the MCU people from Eastern Europe lose their accents within a few years of moving to America. That's annoying and unrealistic. Wanda dealt with her trauma pretty well in the 90s, I just didn't think Marvel would revisit that story once more. I'm actually surprised they made her suffer from amnesia AGAIN later on.
    I think they dropped it because it was a bad accent. But Hollywood in general has difficulty with portraying any Europeans that are not British.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

WandaVision is to be loosely based on John Byrne's "Vision Quest":

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-vision-quest/
    Not sure if to believe it since it comes from the typical anonymous resources of just trust me on this one. But, I really hope it's not. That wasn't a good time for Vision. So unless they just plan on making him white Vision without all the other torture he went through, it'd be bad.

Extraordinary Member

I think it was always inevitable that they were going to do the White Vision storyline. Probably they would have done it in Avengers: Endgame if Wanda had survived the previous film as she did in earlier drafts. (...Sigh...) So it seems like a given that Vision will be reassembled and he won't be the same, we just don't really know how that's going to work into the story.

The fact that they didn't even mention Vision's existence in Avengers: Endgame is so weird to me. I originally thought the reason Pietro was never mentioned again after his death was because of the back-and-forth battle with Fox, but no, it turns out the creative team behind Civil War and the last two Avengers movies just will not mention any character who is not essential to the plot.

I thought it was nice that Wanda was included on this:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1286312389923745793

Those are all characters with their own franchises that Marvel usually pushes. I guess WV got her there, as did FATWS for Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Those are all characters with their own franchises that Marvel usually pushes. I guess WV got her there, as did FATWS for Bucky.
    That's really nice. Thank you for posting!

I love this, very creative.

Thanks for posting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they dropped it because it was a bad accent. But Hollywood in general has difficulty with portraying any Europeans that are not British.
    I think that's largely true. I guess Europeans are a bit exotic to Americans? I actually think Florence Pugh, a British actress, specializes in doing different accents. I also believe she'll be adopting a Russian one in the new Black Widow movie. I've heard some of it. It sounds convincing. And I think it's really weird how the cast of Black Panther, who are largely NOT from Africa, didn't seem to have any problems doing African accents!

Not sure if to believe it since it comes from the typical anonymous resources of just trust me on this one. But, I really hope it's not. That wasn't a good time for Vision. So unless they just plan on making him white Vision without all the other torture he went through, it'd be bad.
    I should have stated that this information is largely unconfirmed. I'm like you, I don't believe in online scoopers anymore. Even Roger Wordell. Because there are so many Roger Wordells online now. So definitely take Mr. Murphy's information with a grain of salt. But I also think it would make sense to do the whole Vision Quest stuff because it is such a huge part of Vision's and Wanda's story. I'm not really concerned Vision and Wanda will be negatively affected by the adaptation, though. The MCU has radically departed from the source material so many times before. Since WandaVision is going to be "loosely" adapted from the Vision Quest, I think they will do something different. And probably something really funny too. Paul Bettany said he's never had so much fun working on a project before, and he's so proud of the work he's done. I don't think he'd be if he played a mindless buffoon. So I think it's pretty safe to assume we'll see Vision in red, yellow and green at the end of the series knowing exactly who he is.

I know posters here didn't like the Iron Man 3 plot twist, but I personally loved it. It set aside a lot of damaging racist caricatures in favor of some awesome satire which I thought was hilarious. And I'm aware that folks in this thread disliked Ultron as a comedian. But I thought Whedon and Feige were pretty clever there too. They used Age of Ultron as a "chance to shine a light on supervillain tropes, which made it more interesting than just "good guys fight bad guys: good guys win". Things like Ultron saying "I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." It makes the characters seem more self aware about their crazy world ("The city is flying, and I have a bow and arrow"), and less like caricatures or stereotypes, which would be so easy in a story about comic book heroes." I'm actually a bit disappointed you guys didn't appreciate Disney's efforts to change things up. What do you people want, even MORE exposition from villains?! I think WandaVision is gonna be BASED on the books that have been mentioned previously, but the interpretation is going to be DRAMATICALLY different. Schaeffer and McDonnell don't seem to be the type of writers who would admire Byrne's and Bendis's open misogyny towards the female characters they wrote. I would be more worried if dudes were writing this series.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-24-2020 at 09:31 PM.

I think that's largely true. I guess Europeans are a bit exotic to Americans? I actually think Florence Pugh, a British actress, specializes in doing different accents. I also believe she'll be adopting a Russian one in the new Black Widow movie. I've heard some of it. It sounds convincing. And I think it's really weird how the cast of Black Panther, who are largely NOT from Africa, didn't seem to have any problems doing African accents!
    Those accents weren't poorly done. They don't even try with the accents for certain parts of Europe. Not even about them not hiring people from those areas. And won't even get into the poor research on those areas sometimes. But that's Hollywood.

I'm curious as to why they chose Capricorn for Cap. Considering he was born on the 4th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think it was always inevitable that they were going to do the White Vision storyline. Probably they would have done it in Avengers: Endgame if Wanda had survived the previous film as she did in earlier drafts. (...Sigh...) So it seems like a given that Vision will be reassembled and he won't be the same, we just don't really know how that's going to work into the story.

The fact that they didn't even mention Vision's existence in Avengers: Endgame is so weird to me. I originally thought the reason Pietro was never mentioned again after his death was because of the back-and-forth battle with Fox, but no, it turns out the creative team behind Civil War and the last two Avengers movies just will not mention any character who is not essential to the plot.
    In their defense, there was a lot of stuff going on in Endgame. It was a swan song for Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow and Thanos. So I understand why they had to cut out a lot of stuff. Drax and Hulk fans weren't happy that their favorite characters didn't do much in that movie either, even though it would make sense for them to fight Thanos and the Black Order too. I just thought Endgame was a Tony, Steve, Natasha, and Thor movie. That's why Disney+ will give lesser prominent characters a chance to shine.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-24-2020 at 09:35 PM.

I liked the accent on CW, where it was softer but still noticeable.

Those accents weren't poorly done. They don't even try with the accents for certain parts of Europe. Not even about them not hiring people from those areas. And won't even get into the poor research on those areas sometimes. But that's Hollywood.

I'm curious as to why they chose Capricorn for Cap. Considering he was born on the 4th of July.
    Yeah I guess they just randomly chose what they thought fitted the characters somehow.

You're right. Hollywood does suck at portraying non-American folks. Especially and particularly Europeans. Maybe Europeans (including their actors and actresses) are just lousy at speaking English? Perhaps that's why they don't get hired to do American projects. I dunno.

I liked the accent on CW, where it was softer but still noticeable.

Yeah I guess they just randomly chose what they thought fitted the characters somehow.
    Speeerets leefted! All kidding aside, I've heard comments on YouTube VERY critical of Olsen's accent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NzLRke70o8

One commenter literally stated that "the way she rapes the word Paprika and Paprikash, it's terrible. Actual Europeans who use these words are cringing with bleeding ears."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baG767jr8c8

Another commenter posted "My god Elizabeth’s “accent” was so bad that they just removed it in Infinity War altogether."

So GenericUsername, have you cooked some paprikash lately since we've been talking about it so often on this thread? I have to say it looks pretty good (I've never had it before). Hungarian/Romani food must be spicy as hell.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-24-2020 at 09:53 PM.

So GenericUsername, have you cooked some paprikash lately since we've been talking about it so often on this thread? I have to say it looks pretty good (I've never had it before). Hungarian/Romani food must be spicy as hell.
    No, I'm partially of descent. That was more my family's tradition than my own.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Indeed this is a Very Nice Find Wiccan and I Really loke how Lovely Wanda is Drawn in this, Thanks.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!