Page 129 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3423
  1. #1921
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    WandaVision is to be loosely based on John Byrne's "Vision Quest":

    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-vision-quest/
    That makes a lot of sense. It's what a lot of people speculated was gonna happen after Viz was destroyed on Infinity War. I do wonder how that will fit into the ''sitcom world'' plot of the series. Does the alternate reality happens because of Vision going white and Wanda doing something to try to bring him back to his original self, or it happens before, as Wanda's way of dealing with her trauma before she finds out there is a way to bring him back? It'll be interesting to see how WandaVision will work chronologically.

  2. #1922
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,178

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I usually have faith in Hickman as I loved his Avengers stuff, but his X-Men stuff hasn't been as good. Does he have a big plan? Of course but he's not letting anyone in on it. Whatever the outcome of this story, I want it to draw a line under M-Day once and for all, this is something that should have and could have been addressed years ago, but for some reason Marvel just love to drag it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    As I said before, I really hope this draws a line under M-Day once and for all, perferable in favour of both Wanda and Mutantkind
    Indeed Leokearon, I am Sorry I did not responsed to your reply to my post before, it was a good one.

    That is allot of what I want now as well, I am with you their Allot. Now that Hickman has desided upon in some form doing this he has it in his hands to bring a conclusion to it all.

    While many Wanda Fans where content with where we where before this with what we got, I think why they might have dragged out any new story like this is really will always be unknown. My Best guess was the whole copyright War they had with FOX over the Rights to the X-Men and FF for so many years and that kept any real deep conclusion that might have been from happening since Mutants where not a top priorty it seemed for Marvel.

    With that over and I am would believe Hickman wanted this story as well, now that this is going forward I want to see an outcome that benifits both Wanda and Mutantkind so Both Sides of the Fandom can feel satified and feel to at least some degree that this part of Wanda's history is finally put behind her.

    I want Wanda Fandom and X-Fandom to get conclusion to that leads to postitive for Wanda and Mutants together.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 07-24-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  3. #1923
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,178

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    to me I saw it as a clear paralell to what exodus said about her and counters all of the things exodus says, it shows her prespective at the start wich for me implies she isnt meant to be seen as the villain even if the spell went awire
    Hello Ferro, nice to talke to you.

    That is a Good Observation their Ferro, if the rest of the X-Men find out of Wanda's attempt to bring the mutants back, it takes away a good amount of the ranker away from Wanda and now the negative myth that has been getting pushed by Exodus can't hold-up.

    How can the Bad Lady that is said to want to take away or kill you that Exodus has said to children all the sudden go to such lenghts to do the oppisite?!

    That and old grudges in the X-Men might make them stop and think more about who Wanda Really and how determined she is to make things right instead of the fearful myth that has been surrounding her in mutant society.

    If Written well and IMO Hickman is one of the few that can pull this off, it can lead to some intersting story, I just hope that is where he is going for the sakes of both Wanda and X-Fandom Alike.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  4. #1924
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they dropped it because it was a bad accent. But Hollywood in general has difficulty with portraying any Europeans that are not British.
    Faith and Begoarah, Lass. Ye be right about those Yanks unable to get us Irish boyos right.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  5. #1925
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed Leokearon, I am Sorry I did not responsed to your reply to my post before, it was a good one.

    That is allot of what I want now as well, I am with you their Allot. Now that Hickman has desided upon in some form doing this he has it in his hands to bring a conclusion to it all.

    While many Wanda Fans where content with where we where before this with what we got, I think why they might have dragged out any new story like this is really will always be unknown. My Best guess was the whole copyright War they had with FOX over the Rights to the X-Men and FF for so many years and that kept any real deep conclusion that might have been from happening since Mutants where not a top priorty it seemed for Marvel.

    With that over and I am would believe Hickman wanted this story as well, now that this is going forward I want to see an outcome that benifits both Wanda and Mutantkind so Both Sides of the Fandom can feel satified and feel to at least some degree that this part of Wanda's history is finally put behind her.

    I want Wanda Fandom and X-Fandom to get conclusion to that leads to postitive for Wanda and Mutants together.
    The best outcome is for Wanda's plan to work in reviving all the mutants, but given the way Marvel have treated both Wanda and the X-men, I doubt we will have a truly positive outcome. Also I really want Wanda to call the X-men out on the Crucible.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  6. #1926
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    The only positive thing i can see about this is that maybe Wanda resurrected these zombies with the mutant gene again, because most of them were depowered during Necrosha and Selene only was able to drain the souls of 1 million mutants because the rest were depowered because of the M-Day.



    But knowing the writers...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 07-25-2020 at 12:40 AM.

  7. #1927
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The only positive thing i can see about this is that maybe Wanda resurrected these zombies with the mutant gene again, because most of them were depowered during Necrosha and Selene only was able to drain the souls of 1 million mutants because the rest were depowered because of the M-Day.

    But knowing the writers...
    That's my biggest fear, Marvel have had numerous opportunities to undo M-Day, but clearly could be bothered for "storytelling" reasons, so while I hope this will be different, I'm not hopeful
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  8. #1928
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Wow..... 129 pages? Is this the most for any thread on the Marvel board? I guess the Avengers films did wonders for the popularity of this character!

  9. #1929
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's my biggest fear, Marvel have had numerous opportunities to undo M-Day, but clearly could be bothered for "storytelling" reasons, so while I hope this will be different, I'm not hopeful
    we have no choice but wait how they solve that mess.

  10. #1930
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No, I'm partially of descent. That was more my family's tradition than my own.
    Pity. Somehow I picture you to be a great cook of a great variety of cuisines!

    I think it's okay for WandaVision to adapt the Vision Quest. It's not a great story for Wanda or Vision, but I think the writers are gonna change it a lot. Director Matt Shakman stated: "I think we've all been quite taken by that union. It's [WandaVision] is the exploration of that bizarre, strange, completely right kind of love and it's about watching them explore their relationship and growing it." That DOESN'T sound like Vision will be a soulless robot to me. And if he does lose his emotions, why the hell is Vis dressed like Dick Van Dyke and Patrick Duffy?! That shows to me he has a very funny personality. So I'm not really worried how Vision and Wanda will be portrayed here. But I do think by using Byrne's work, it does sort of explain how Wanda will put Vision back together. Humpty Dumpty style. Possibly through science and it gives SWORD a reason to be a part of the show. But I still wonder who are going to be the villains in this series, though. I had thought for sure that they would be of a demonic and mystical nature. Now it seems like counterterrorism and intelligence agencies will be heavily involved. I also was worried that this whole thing would be a dream of Wanda's, but if the rumors are true here (and that's a big IF), it appears that this won't be the case. This makes me happy. I've said it many times before, I don't want WandaVision to turn into Disney's "Weekend at Wanda's". That would be really lame.

    On the subject of accents, I saw British actress Rachel Weisz do a Russian one for her character of Melina Vostokoff in the Black Widow film. It sounded pretty convincing and real to me. I guess because of geographical proximity, British performers can do accents from Eastern Europe better than Americans? I think Olsen and ATJ would have benefited a great deal from having dialect coaches. Maybe Marvel Studios was too cheap to hire a couple for Pietro and Wanda in the Age of Ultron.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-25-2020 at 10:11 AM.

  11. #1931
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. It's what a lot of people speculated was gonna happen after Viz was destroyed on Infinity War. I do wonder how that will fit into the ''sitcom world'' plot of the series. Does the alternate reality happens because of Vision going white and Wanda doing something to try to bring him back to his original self, or it happens before, as Wanda's way of dealing with her trauma before she finds out there is a way to bring him back? It'll be interesting to see how WandaVision will work chronologically.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Will he be reconstructed BEFORE the show starts or DURING the show is of interest to me. I have a feeling he'll be back as normal at the beginning and helping Wanda raise the kids for a while. Then halfway through the series, all hell will break loose.

  12. #1932
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    we have no choice but wait how they solve that mess.
    If they bother to solve that mess
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  13. #1933
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    This fan art by Stephen Byrne



    On Twitter https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...612289541?s=19

  14. #1934
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    This fan art by Stephen Byrne



    On Twitter https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...612289541?s=19
    Nice! It's good to know that Dr Strange and Wanda know how to dance.

  15. #1935
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Faith and Begoarah, Lass. Ye be right about those Yanks unable to get us Irish boyos right.
    Ha ha. That's pretty funny stuff. From what I understand though, is that Ireland actually has more than one kind of accent. And Scotland, England, Wales, Cornwall all have different accents as well. Even WITHIN England they have different ones. So doing accents for the UK and Ireland is a pretty significant challenge for actors and actresses.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-25-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •