Page 130 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3423
  1. #1936
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    WandaVision is to be loosely based on John Byrne's "Vision Quest":

    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-vision-quest/
    Well

  2. #1937
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Ha ha. That's pretty funny stuff. From what I understand though, is that Ireland actually has more than one kind of accent. And Scotland, England, Wales, Cornwall all have different accents as well. Even WITHIN England they have different ones. So doing accents for the UK and Ireland is a pretty significant challenge for actors and actresses.
    Yes, Ireland has different accents and we don't say Faith and Begoarah,
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  3. #1938
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Hi I Have a question about Wanda and Brother Voodoo, do you think they are still together? I know they have not really been around but in the Strange academy and Avengers Empyre tie in there has not been a word between each other, not even a hint of them being together, what do you think this means?
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  4. #1939
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Hi I Have a question about Wanda and Brother Voodoo, do you think they are still together? I know they have not really been around but in the Strange academy and Avengers Empyre tie in there has not been a word between each other, not even a hint of them being together, what do you think this means?
    It just means Wanda hasn't been in anything and there hasn't been enough panel time to address the relationship, which only Zub seems to acknowledge. If they're still together then Zub will say so in the next two issues of the Empyre tie-in. If he doesn't mention it at all then there may be no official editorial line on whether or not to continue the relationship.

  5. #1940
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    I want it to be over

  6. #1941
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It just means Wanda hasn't been in anything and there hasn't been enough panel time to address the relationship, which only Zub seems to acknowledge. If they're still together then Zub will say so in the next two issues of the Empyre tie-in. If he doesn't mention it at all then there may be no official editorial line on whether or not to continue the relationship.
    Thanks I guess marvel wants to pave a way for WandaVision series on december, still an official farewell between them would be nice, I liked them because he was able to make Wanda deal with all the possesions she had during her career or at least see them in a way that doesn´t hurt her so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I want it to be over
    lol I liked it but marvel didn´t do much with them, I definitely like it way more than Wanda and Simon, I just can´t stand him
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  7. #1942
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,178

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Wow..... 129 pages? Is this the most for any thread on the Marvel board? I guess the Avengers films did wonders for the popularity of this character!
    Thanks for that Credit Marvel Forever & Welcome!

    But the Real Truth the True most popular Thread on CBR Marvel that don't include ones not rebooted each new year, then Black Panther Appreciation 2020 is #1 by Miles with 331 pages this year and Counting right now, Impressive, Great Seeing So Much Fandom for Black Panther!

    But Indeed Wanda's Appreciation 2020 Thread is indeed in a Tie for 2nd with Thor's Appreciation 2020 Thread.

    But while the Movies have help out allot, Wanda's Fandom, Love and Passion her fans show her is nearly a Decade of Building and Meeting the Fandom here on CBR and making the Thread and the Character Welcoming to both New and Veteran Fans alike.

    IMO it shows the how Commited and Passionite Wanda Fans are for their Goddess of Magic! =)


    Last edited by CJStriker; 07-25-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  8. #1943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Pity. Somehow I picture you to be a great cook of a great variety of cuisines!

    I think it's okay for WandaVision to adapt the Vision Quest. It's not a great story for Wanda or Vision, but I think the writers are gonna change it a lot. Director Matt Shakman stated: "I think we've all been quite taken by that union. It's [WandaVision] is the exploration of that bizarre, strange, completely right kind of love and it's about watching them explore their relationship and growing it." That DOESN'T sound like Vision will be a soulless robot to me. And if he does lose his emotions, why the hell is Vis dressed like Dick Van Dyke and Patrick Duffy?! That shows to me he has a very funny personality. So I'm not really worried how Vision and Wanda will be portrayed here. But I do think by using Byrne's work, it does sort of explain how Wanda will put Vision back together. Humpty Dumpty style. Possibly through science and it gives SWORD a reason to be a part of the show. But I still wonder who are going to be the villains in this series, though. I had thought for sure that they would be of a demonic and mystical nature. Now it seems like counterterrorism and intelligence agencies will be heavily involved. I also was worried that this whole thing would be a dream of Wanda's, but if the rumors are true here (and that's a big IF), it appears that this won't be the case. This makes me happy. I've said it many times before, I don't want WandaVision to turn into Disney's "Weekend at Wanda's". That would be really lame.

    On the subject of accents, I saw British actress Rachel Weisz do a Russian one for her character of Melina Vostokoff in the Black Widow film. It sounded pretty convincing and real to me. I guess because of geographical proximity, British performers can do accents from Eastern Europe better than Americans? I think Olsen and ATJ would have benefited a great deal from having dialect coaches. Maybe Marvel Studios was too cheap to hire a couple for Pietro and Wanda in the Age of Ultron.
    I can cook, but I hate cooking.

    I think they will change it a lot. But poor Vision. A lot of storylines put him through the wringer. I don't know if he will physically even be there himself, let alone soulless or not. Most details about the show come from third parties and their "sources." Vision had a love for sweaters even in comics.

    I think honestly for the most authentic accents, it's best from someone from that region. There are of course exceptions. But for people from those areas that speak with those accents, it comes off as very bad, usually. Olsen and ATJ had dialect coaches. Olsen just had a hard time with the accent.
    Was Curlytop

  9. #1944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Wow..... 129 pages? Is this the most for any thread on the Marvel board? I guess the Avengers films did wonders for the popularity of this character!
    We usually go a lot of pages here, then restart the thread. But I'd love if she had gotten some more popularity. We are currently at 49. But we'll get there!
    Was Curlytop

  10. #1945
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yes, Ireland has different accents and we don't say Faith and Begoarah,
    But it IS true you folks say "Happy St. Patrick's Day, from the bottom of me heart!"

  11. #1946
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Well
    I don't think they will include scenes like this for the series. Or at least I hope they don't! It's too brutal for a Disney+ show celebrating an unconventional family. And it would be against the "fun" nature of the series.

  12. #1947
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    This fan art by Stephen Byrne



    On Twitter https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...612289541?s=19
    LOL this is just Priceless, Love it!

    The dancing on the side of the building reminds me of how Batman and Robin scaled the buildings in the Adam West show, just great stuff.

    Also the are is lovely and Wanda is draw so Gracefully.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  13. #1948
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I can cook, but I hate cooking.

    I think they will change it a lot. But poor Vision. A lot of storylines put him through the wringer. I don't know if he will physically even be there himself, let alone soulless or not. Most details about the show come from third parties and their "sources." Vision had a love for sweaters even in comics.

    I think honestly for the most authentic accents, it's best from someone from that region. There are of course exceptions. But for people from those areas that speak with those accents, it comes off as very bad, usually. Olsen and ATJ had dialect coaches. Olsen just had a hard time with the accent.
    My mom's the same way. She HATES cooking, but she's really GREAT at it. I think they have to show the unhappy parts of Wanda's and Vision's lives in the show. It will be different from the comic books, but without those parts, the series wouldn't be as interesting. And the dynamic between Wanda and Vision is absolutely crazy!

    I didn't know that ATJ and Olsen got dialect coaches. I guess it was too much for Olsen. I think Europeans are better with languages because they had so many polyglot empires in the past where people in them had to speak a whole bunch of tongues. One of my dad's favorite actors is Christoph Waltz. He's an Austrian dude, but he can speak French and English fluently as well as German. And Waltz can do convincing accents. Daniel Brühl, Helmut Zemo, can speak German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and can understand Catalan! His accent was great too. I even thought British actor Toby Jones, Arnim Zola, did a convincing Swiss German accent and Australian actor Hugo Weaving, the Red Skull, did an excellent German one. It's just Americans who struggle with European accents for whatever reason!

  14. #1949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My mom's the same way. She HATES cooking, but she's really GREAT at it. I think they have to show the unhappy parts of Wanda's and Vision's lives in the show. It will be different from the comic books, but without those parts, the series wouldn't be as interesting. And the dynamic between Wanda and Vision is absolutely crazy!

    I didn't know that ATJ and Olsen got dialect coaches. I guess it was too much for Olsen. I think Europeans are better with languages because they had so many polyglot empires in the past where people in them had to speak a whole bunch of tongues. One of my dad's favorite actors is Christoph Waltz. He's an Austrian dude, but he can speak French and English fluently as well as German. And Waltz can do convincing accents. Daniel Brühl, Helmut Zemo, can speak German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and can understand Catalan! His accent was great too. I even thought British actor Toby Jones, Arnim Zola, did a convincing Swiss German accent and Australian actor Hugo Weaving, the Red Skull, did an excellent German one. It's just Americans who struggle with European accents for whatever reason!
    For all we know it could be untrue, or we could just get white Vizh as an appearance and nothing more. But we have a five month wait at the very least before we find out for sure.
    Was Curlytop

  15. #1950
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder if this was gonna tie-in to the Darkhold event in any way? It just seems so out of touch with everything else that's happening with Wanda; her appearance on Star, on the Avengers book. How did something this huge happened a month ago and then she's just currently living her life like nothing happened in the present time? It just makes her look bad. Whatever plans Hickman has for Wanda, PLEASE, just talk to the Avengers Office so they're all on the same page about it. At the end of the day, they're the ones who get the final say on what happens to her, since she is an Avengers Office character. Doing life-changing decisions about a character that's not under your ''jurisdiction'' should be a big no no.
    What happened in that X-Men tie-in felt completely out-of-character for Wanda to me. Made her look both irresponsible and incompetent in my eyes. I can only bear the current X-Men runs anyway if I assume them to be alternate universe. That there she was wearing her classic outfit and appears in the Avengers tie-in as if nothing happened only solidifies that for me. Every mutant hating on Wanda doesn’t even fit with the current “Strange Academy”, where Magik once again has no problem being in one room with Wanda.

    With everything Hickman had written so far it seemed to me that he absolutely loathes Wanda. So I was starting to wonder what happens if he actually gets his hands on her. Now I’ve got the answer: “She gets eaten by Zombies”.

    And what’s that about “ringing a bigger bell”? Wanda helped save the entire Universe in “Avengers: No road home” Was that bell not big enough?!?

    The only good thing I see there is that now she was in a current X-Men book, Wanda did not join that Fascist-Mutant-Island-State. Would make no sense, yet fitting, since nothing the X-Men characters currently do makes sense.

    Note that I might totally eat my words regarding Hickman, as I have no clue what his real intentions towards Wanda are. I don’t even know why he is doing what he is doing with the X-Men currently. But I don’t even expect Wanda to reappear in that X-Men tie-In.


    On a more positive note - although I am super late at it - I absolutely love Wanda’s portrayal in the “Star” mini. Her being full of hope and believing in the good in one person fits her very well. Yet at the same time it made me despise that “Star” Character. Super weird considering that was her own run. Nowhere near that extreme, but Carol didn’t look good to me, with her screwing up Wanda’s attempt to reach out to “Star”. But Yeay for moments with Wanda and Carol! While I wished for more, at least, despite having opposing opinions, they did not engage in a stupid Superhero vs. Superhero fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •