Page 140 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3415
  1. #2086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Unboxing of a new (?) Scarlet Witch figure. I don’t think that is the same as the one in the funny stop motion video that CJStriker found a few days ago. But I do think that I have seen that one in at least one video from an exhibition quite a while ago. Yet I assume that being on display doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be for sale. I’d say this one here has the best recreation of Lizzies’ face I’ve seen so far.

    It's a cool looking statue, but seems fairly small.
    Was Curlytop

  2. #2087
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Maybe that guy is just rather big

  3. #2088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Maybe that guy is just rather big
    Lol, did not think of that.
    Was Curlytop

  4. #2089
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    That would have been way nicer if it wasn’t said by a kid that can’t even eat properly.

    Oh and happy birthday to you, afterwards, I guess.
    Franklin got his hands on Ice-cream he wasn't allowed to have, so he's probably trying to finish it before Sue gets back

    Also thanks
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  5. #2090
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Franklin got his hands on Ice-cream he wasn't allowed to have, so he's probably trying to finish it before Sue gets back

    Also thanks
    Ah, Ok, I didn’t know that context, haha!

  6. #2091
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Lol, did not think of that.
    Well, by now I’ve checked that, it’s said to be 1/10 scale. Now that would be 17 centimeters (for me and other people who have already embraced the metric system ). It does say 21 centimeters, but that’s probably because of the stones she is standing on

    I can’t tell whether that is a decent size for a figure of that price.

  7. #2092
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    How everyone failed Wanda Maximoff

    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/how-ev...mpression=true
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 08-03-2020 at 09:56 AM.

  8. #2093
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Apparently since 2017 he holds the position of editor-in-chief.


  9. #2094
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Has cerebro ever picked up wanda. Cause i honestly don't know why the xmen just can't bring her and pietro back via the resurrection protocols and just say at some point they were replaced by the high evolutionary with augmented beings. It's really not that hard marvel. We can say she was replaced right before decimation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  10. #2095
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Apparently since 2017 he holds the position of editor-in-chief.

    That's good to hear. It would be very weird if they just scrapped Steve Orlando's Marvel debut. It seemed like a big deal for them to hire him.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Has cerebro ever picked up wanda. Cause i honestly don't know why the xmen just can't bring her and pietro back via the resurrection protocols and just say at some point they were replaced by the high evolutionary with augmented beings. It's really not that hard marvel. We can say she was replaced right before decimation.
    They can't just do that because that requires editorial approval, and editorial specifically made the retcon because they didn't want the Maximoffs connected to the X-Men anymore. Until a higher up changes their mind, it will remain like this.

  11. #2096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Has cerebro ever picked up wanda. Cause i honestly don't know why the xmen just can't bring her and pietro back via the resurrection protocols and just say at some point they were replaced by the high evolutionary with augmented beings. It's really not that hard marvel. We can say she was replaced right before decimation.
    It's not worth another retcon. Wanda at least has been retconned so many times already and the mutant stuff wasn't used as much for her. I understand it a bit more for Pietro because he was on X-Factor. It makes better sense in Wanda's history to have not really been one. Since they didn't do much with it, and she's been around for 56 years.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #2097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I have a lot of problems with this article.

    "Before her recent depowering, Wanda Maximoff was one of the strongest characters within the Marvel universe."

    She wasn't depowered, she had a power that wasn't her's.

    "It's honestly a miracle Wanda hadn't snapped sooner given that she's been through so much, plus possession of powers she never fully controlled thanks to putting others' needs before her own."

    It's really not, given that Wanda had remembered 15 years earlier about her kids and had worked through it. Now it's valid that the Avengers never dealt with problems of members well (See: Carol Danvers). But Wanda did have a recovery. It's just that Bendis either didn't read that part, forgot that part or just didn't care.

    "It's disappointing how little they knew her that they would be so surprised when she breaks in the way that she does."

    It's surprising to her fans too because most of her history was not this, and this was forced on the character to make AD/HoM more likely. So even though the Avengers are bad at recognizing problems with their members, there was no way they could have known this, because it didn't exist. Two hack storylines does not make a character someone that always needed help and was denied it.

    "They should have been concerned the moment they found out Wanda was pregnant even though it shouldn't have been possible."

    Again, at the time, Wanda was checked and everything was said to be ok. Now it can be seen as dubious because Doctor Strange was not an OBGYN. But, Marvel has a tendency to treat it's science based characters like they are geniuses in all forms of science, not just where they got their PHD.

    A lot of this article smacks of Monday morning QBing. The foresight was not there, because the problem literally did not exist until it needed to for a crappy event.
    Was Curlytop

  13. #2098
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess I did miss some important issues. I just remember them from the 90s. I just always thought Wanda was conservative in OUTLOOK most of the time. I don't see her as a bra burner, you know? I can't picture her being involved in women's lib stuff and/or being friends with benefits with ANYBODY. Janet, Crystal, Emma Frost, Black Widow, Gamora and Rogue seemed more interested in that kind of thing. I think she's been dressing more modestly in the comics lately. Which I like. Her marriage to Vision was really weird, but it definitely showed what kind of personality she had. I think both her and Vision should dress in "civilian" clothes more often in the comics. I think the movies did it right with their sartorial choices. And I don't know why American sitcoms LOVE British butlers (Mr. Belvedere, Niles the Butler and Geoffrey Butler). I'm sure there are great butlers from all over the world, but you wouldn't know it by watching TV. Even the Stark family hired Edwin Jarvis and he was from the UK as well. I do like the idea of Vision being based on Jarvis's personality. I NEVER thought that Vision's personality was similar at all to Simon Williams' in the books (and they should have been because of their shared "brain patterns"). At least in Age of Ultron, Ultron's personality was like Stark's. If I was Marvel Comics, I would change Vision's origins to have him have Jarvis's brain patterns because they ARE alike. And then Wanda can develop a crush on Edwin later on and that would be funny.

    And I also think it worked out nicely, for the most part, that Fox possessed the rights to the mutants for so long. I think if Marvel Studios had access to those characters twenty years ago, I don't think Wanda would be an Avenger and WandaVision might not have happened at all. Fox holding on to those rights gave Wanda AND Vision a chance to truly shine and make them more popular than I could have ever imagined. Unfortunately, I think it DESTROYED any chance for Quicksilver to develop as a character in the MCU. He was a big casualty of the Fox-Disney war over mutants. So I have mixed feelings about the subject.
    I’d say the closest thing there is can be seen in Avengers 102, where Wanda is about to go for a stroll in the park, being dressed in relatively short civilian clothes. Some Avengers found that somewhat irritating, mostly her brother. It was an interesting combination fashion-wise I guess one can say.

    In some X-Factor issue, or rather all new X-Factor, Wanda had a Girls Day/Night out with Lorna and some Robot “Woman” called “Danger”. It appeared that was the first time Wanda drank beer. That was during her “Uncanny Avengers” time.

    In some issue Wanda had Vision rearrange furniture several times. He mildly complains that is an inappropriate use of his Android power. But I don’t know when that was. It was in neither of the two Vision and Scarlet Witch series. And it was not part of any epic storyline. If anyone wants a challenge, finding that moment would be one

  14. #2099
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I have a lot of problems with this article.

    "Before her recent depowering, Wanda Maximoff was one of the strongest characters within the Marvel universe."

    She wasn't depowered, she had a power that wasn't her's.

    "It's honestly a miracle Wanda hadn't snapped sooner given that she's been through so much, plus possession of powers she never fully controlled thanks to putting others' needs before her own."

    It's really not, given that Wanda had remembered 15 years earlier about her kids and had worked through it. Now it's valid that the Avengers never dealt with problems of members well (See: Carol Danvers). But Wanda did have a recovery. It's just that Bendis either didn't read that part, forgot that part or just didn't care.

    "It's disappointing how little they knew her that they would be so surprised when she breaks in the way that she does."

    It's surprising to her fans too because most of her history was not this, and this was forced on the character to make AD/HoM more likely. So even though the Avengers are bad at recognizing problems with their members, there was no way they could have known this, because it didn't exist. Two hack storylines does not make a character someone that always needed help and was denied it.

    "They should have been concerned the moment they found out Wanda was pregnant even though it shouldn't have been possible."

    Again, at the time, Wanda was checked and everything was said to be ok. Now it can be seen as dubious because Doctor Strange was not an OBGYN. But, Marvel has a tendency to treat it's science based characters like they are geniuses in all forms of science, not just where they got their PHD.

    A lot of this article smacks of Monday morning QBing. The foresight was not there, because the problem literally did not exist until it needed to for a crappy event.
    I found that article a few days ago. It was a tremendous disappointment. Because just from the title, I thought for a moment this would be about how the writers had failed Wanda.

  15. #2100
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Has cerebro ever picked up wanda. Cause i honestly don't know why the xmen just can't bring her and pietro back via the resurrection protocols and just say at some point they were replaced by the high evolutionary with augmented beings. It's really not that hard marvel. We can say she was replaced right before decimation.
    It did in the past, same with Sentinels. But that has been written off as part of the HE's experiment to make them register as mutants.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •