Page 142 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4051

Wow the Aftermath cover is badly handled, not only are Wanda and Vision not there, but Cyclops and Wolverine are, two men who wanted Wanda dead. Hopefully the cover is lying and Wanda and Vision are there in the story

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wow the Aftermath cover is badly handled, not only are Wanda and Vision not there, but Cyclops and Wolverine are, two men who wanted Wanda dead. Hopefully the cover is lying and Wanda and Vision are there in the story
    Wolverine literally wanted to kill Billy too LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm still mad that she's not on the cover of the Aftermath though... C'mon Cheung I trusted you.
    Totally agree, very bad miss by the creators of this upcoming title.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

IF the X-Men are in the actual wedding reception, it could be hella awkward, since Wanda WOULD probably be there too. Although I'm willing to bet that would just be ignored and the stuff from Empyre: X-Men won't even be brought up, just to add to our confusion.

BANNED

Maybe Pietro is vibrating her at super speed rendering both invisible.

Extraordinary Member

Because covers are always 100% accurate

Fantastic Member

It's a generic "Marvel heroes" cover with all their most popular characters, with the Young Avengers at the front.

Wolverine is there for the same reason Spidey is. He's popular, so is shoehorned in to sell comics. Wanda and Vision may be Billy's spiritual parents but they are not deemed popular so they get sidelined.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    In defense of X-Writers/Marvel the story's not over Wanda could easily make and appearance and rectify what happened, or she may have just dipped after fucking up Lmao!
    My theory is that Darkhold Alpha was meant to tie in to this. Wanda attempts spell + Doom, influenced by Chthon, usng Darkhold = Mutant Zombies.

But then I realised that would make sense, so it's probably not be the case.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-06-2020 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Spelling and structure

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Because covers are always 100% accurate
    It's a generic "Marvel heroes" cover with all their most popular characters, with the Young Avengers at the front.

Wolverine is there for the same reason Spidey is. He's popular, so is shoehorned in to sell comics. Wanda and Vision may be Billy's spiritual parents but they are not deemed popular so they get sidelined.
    I'm well aware covers always lie and Wolverine (and apparently Cyclops) publicity, it still doesn't excuse not having Wanda and Vision on the main cover. Hopefully there will be a variant cover that will have Wanda and Vision.

I get putting Wolverine and Spidey on it, they're overused cach cows, but there's no reason why Rogue/Storm/Cyclops had to be there too instead of Wanda and Vision.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I get putting Wolverine and Spidey on it, they're overused cach cows, but there's no reason why Rogue/Storm/Cyclops had to be there too instead of Wanda and Vision.
    It's because the X-Men are being pushed hard by Marvel at the moment (which is fine, they deserve it after the Inhumans years), so the cover has to have the X-Men along with the Avengers and the FF.

Wanda would be on the cover, and in the story, if she were on the Avengers. She's not, so she isn't. Another reason why we're unlikely to get good Wanda stories until they allow her back on the Avengers where she belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's because the X-Men are being pushed hard by Marvel at the moment (which is fine, they deserve it after the Inhumans years), so the cover has to have the X-Men along with the Avengers and the FF.

Wanda would be on the cover, and in the story, if she were on the Avengers. She's not, so she isn't. Another reason why we're unlikely to get good Wanda stories until they allow her back on the Avengers where she belongs.
    Does anyone really want her as a Main Avenger right now current runs kinda shite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Does anyone really want her as a Main Avenger right now current runs kinda shite.
    I'd rather read her in a bad Avengers run than nothing at all. But I'm kind of extreme because I would rather she stayed on an Avengers team instead of getting her solo book. I just think she's not at home as a character unless she's with the Avengers.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda does not appear in Empyre: X-Men #2. The opening of the issue lies, crediting the deaths of mutants on Genosha to Wanda instead of the Sentinels.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wait, I just looked at it. It doesn't say she killed them instead of Sentinels. It says what happened in the first issue. She tried to bring mutants back and they became zombies.
    Well, yes, it doesn’t say that, but it is written in such a way that for an uniformed reader I seems like that. If that is done on purpose, it is particularly insidious, because *if* confronted with it, the writer could say “Technically the sentence is correct”. To me this is just mindboggling, it’s like dealing with enemy propaganda. At least this time she isn’t called “The Pretender”, but it’s no improvement if it’s only replaced with the next insulting stupidity.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'd rather read her in a bad Avengers run than nothing at all. But I'm kind of extreme because I would rather she stayed on an Avengers team instead of getting her solo book. I just think she's not at home as a character unless she's with the Avengers.
    Very true. Without being on an Avengers team (or Midnight Sons) she is a journeywoman with no roots drifting from cameo to cameo at best, and being used as a plot device to further other characters stories at worst.