Page 145 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I can't believe she just left them there!

What Wanda did in Empyre: X-Men is inexcusable and downright incompetent. I cant believe she just left and said nothing. They really had her just go about her life

She told Dr Strange, though it seems like neither of them did anything

Extraordinary Member

I still don’t get the idea of talking about a shared character as if they’re stupid or bad when a writer has them
    do something stupid or bad. Granted it’s worse for Wanda because she only appears when a writer wants her to do something stupid.

Anyway, Hickman having Strange condescend to Wanda like that reminds me that Wanda gets a lot of writing that would be considered sexist with another character. From Disassembled onward there’s always this sense that because she’s an old fashioned pre-feminist character it’s OK to make her baby crazy (Bendis) or an incompetent ditz who needs a man to set her straight (Hickman).

I think this is one problem Wanda and Jan have with modern writers, they’re strong women but they don’t fit the narrow idea of what a “strong woman” character should be, which is either super tough or super smart.
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-13-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Who was the last writer that you felt actually liked Wanda and/or did her justice?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I still don’t get the idea of talking about a shared character as if they’re stupid or bad when a writer has them
    do something stupid or bad. Granted it’s worse for Wanda because she only appears when a writer wants her to do something stupid.

Anyway, Hickman having Strange condescend to Wanda like that reminds me that Wanda gets a lot of writing that would be considered sexist with another character. From Disassembled onward there’s always this sense that because she’s an old fashioned pre-feminist character it’s OK to make her baby crazy (Bendis) or an incompetent ditz who needs a man to set her straight (Hickman).

I think this is one problem Wanda and Jan have with modern writers, they’re strong women but they don’t fit the narrow idea of what a “strong woman” character should be, which is either super tough or super smart.
    Jean Grey got talked down to in House of X

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What Wanda did in Empyre: X-Men is inexcusable and downright incompetent. I cant believe she just left and said nothing. They really had her just go about her life
    to be fair its a preview, 4 pages out of 40

If the next page isn't Strange talking about how badly he screwed up with Las Vegas as an example, I call foul.
    Who was the last writer that you felt actually liked Wanda and/or did her justice?
    Jim Zub?

Extraordinary Member

Probably Kurt Busiek. That Avengers run ended in 2002 with an epilogue in JLA/Avengers in 2003-4 where she has a large role. Then Avengers Disassembled/House of M happened and the character has never really recovered, though she occasionally has a good issue or two.

James Robinson obviously had affection for Wanda since he pitched the idea of her getting a solo book, and he wrote her with affection, but the book doesn't really do her justice because the plots are weak (especially a whole arc about giving her yet another new origin and parents, like anyone cares) and she doesn't really interact with anyone she knows except Quicksilver, who is written way out of character and blamed by Wanda for everything bad that's happened to her.

Most stories about Wanda since "Children's Crusade" have been about "fixing" her or retconning her past. 2004 was almost the last time when she could just be in a story and be an Avenger and she wasn't being used to make fans mad. From about 1970 to 2004 she was usually in something (usually the Avengers or West Coast Avengers) and she was usually a fairly popular character though not A-list.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I bet good money Wanda is only in a handful of pages, and barely speaks, maybe even just those two in the preview.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Yes Ferro Indeed I Agree, I will NOT come to any full conclusion of any story, means of the characters or the overall results UNTIL I have read the full 40 pages of this book or really the full story of any story in any medium.

Especially for Hickman style of writing.

Could things go good or bad either Yes, but I tend to always believe on the good side for nearly any character, especially always for Wanda. It’s unfair from a purely story perspective to conclude this is bad for Wanda or anyone else in the story Until we get the full story.

Really IMO this gets the ball maybe finally rolling to come to a better conclusion, but we have to see.

As I said let’s air on the side of the positive and pick up the pieces of what it means whatever it comes out to when we are done.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yes Ferro Indeed I Agree, I will NOT come to any full conclusion of any story, means of the characters or the overall results UNTIL I have read the full 40 pages of this book or really the full story of any story in any medium.

Especially for Hickman style of writing.

Could things go good or bad either Yes, but I tend to always believe on the good side for nearly any character, especially always for Wanda. It’s unfair from a purely story perspective to conclude this is bad for Wanda or anyone else in the story Until we get the full story.

Really IMO this gets the ball maybe finally rolling to come to a better conclusion, but we have to see.

As I said let’s air on the side of the positive and pick up the pieces of what it means whatever it comes out to when we are done.
    speculation wise , illyana is semi corrupted and witout her the most logical choice of who fixes this mess is wanda herself, the last page of issue 3 even says "a bigger bell" in krakoan

speculation wise , illyana is semi corrupted and witout her the most logical choice of who fixes this mess is wanda herself, the last page of issue 3 even says "a bigger bell" in krakoan
    Yea I can see a teaming up of both Wanda and Illyana happening showing that all problems can only be fixed working together instead of solo. Heck Illyana and Wanda already have been shown in Dr. Strange book’s working side by side.

If this seems like an possible speculation on my part.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Just catched up with Wanda and omg I can't believe they had her unleash millions of zombies! wtf
    Hi there! Not sure if you meant you’ve read everything with Wanda in the recent months, just in case I recommend “Avengers: No road home”, and the “Star”-mini by Kelly Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Hi there! Not sure if you meant you’ve read everything with Wanda in the recent months, just in case I recommend “Avengers: No road home”, and the “Star”-mini by Kelly Thompson.
    Indeed NO ROAD HOME is Amazing!!!