Page 155 of 271 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4051

It's been happening for a while now. I don't know why writers insist on it. But I can tell you it started with them making her mentally ill. The whole depicting a mentally ill woman as child-like is not a good look on Marvel.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I read it and it was exactly what i was expecting

The purpose was to show her as the unskilled fool who tried "redem herself" basically a clown to get the x-men fans happy

All i have to say is that if i have to choose one Wanda, I prefer the heartless bitch that was portrayed in Uncanny Avengers instead of this Wanda who seems affected by Plot Induced Stupidity and purposely bad writing

I can't deny that the panels with Strange left me a Misogynistic impression of the author, i don't remember Stephen treating her like that, not even in his own books. (And the fact that he ignored his mistake in Las Vegas)

Anyways, waiting for Orlando's Scarlet Witch in Darkhold.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 08-19-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's been happening for a while now. I don't know why writers insist on it. But I can tell you it started with them making her mentally ill. The whole depicting a mentally ill woman as child-like is not a good look on Marvel.
    The thing that stands out is her being portrayed as naive and incompetent, the latter being the worst thing you can do to a superhero character. It's actually so bad IMHO it makes 1950s and1960s comics look positively feminist. The Doctor Strange mansplaining moment is astounding; the silly emotional woman messes up and the clever man knows best. It reminds me a little of the classic Harry Enfield comedy sketch, "Women, Know Your Limits!"

Again, it is hard to imagine them portraying any of their other female characters in such a way.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-19-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I read it and it was exactly what i was expecting

The purpose was to show her as the unskilled fool who tried "redem herself" basically a clown to get the x-men fans happy

All i have to say is that if i have to chose one Wanda, I prefer the heartless bitch that was portrayed in Uncanny Avengers instead of this Wanda who seems affected by Plot Induced Stupidity and purposely bad writing
    Well now that I can't agree with. Remender is completely out of touch when it comes to sensitive topics and handled the whole thing horribly. And let's not act like this scene(just like many others in the run) wasn't made for Rogue to be the reasonable one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well now that I can't agree with. Remender is completely out of touch when it comes to sensitive topics and handled the whole thing horribly. And let's not act like this scene(just like many others in the run) wasn't made for Rogue to be the reasonable one.
    I didn't like the way Remender portrayed her but I sort of see Cruelrain's point. I kind of wanted to see her talk back to Strange in this stupid story and stand up for herself. That would have at least given her fans something to enjoy, just like Strange's speeches in this comic were satisfying for anyone who wants to see her put in her place.

Better, of course, that she should be in a good story written in-character, but I don't see that happening in comics for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I didn't like the way Remender portrayed her but I sort of see Cruelrain's point. I kind of wanted to see her talk back to Strange in this stupid story and stand up for herself. That would have at least given her fans something to enjoy, just like Strange's speeches in this comic were satisfying for anyone who wants to see her put in her place.

Better, of course, that she should be in a good story written in-character, but I don't see that happening in comics for a while.
    Yeah, she had every right to not take so much **** from Strange. But Rogue is justified in being mad at her, so it just paints her in a bad light. Especially when she says things like "Why is it so important for mutants to be born?". It aged even worse now that she isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Still better than what we got here IMO

Heartless bitch that doesn't care > stupidsubmissive woman without any skills
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 08-19-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Aren't Wanda and Strange supposed to be friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not only that but when he couldn't tend to magic issues just a year or two ago, he had a sign on the Sanctum Sanctorum that stated for people to contact Wanda. Now if she's so incompetent why would that be a thing?

Apparently not here, she's portrayed like the unskilled clown that begs for help to the Man while he laughs at you, calling you a stupid woman.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not only that but when he couldn't tend to magic issues just a year or two ago, he had a sign on the Sanctum Sanctorum that stated for people to contact Wanda. Now if she's so incompetent why would that be a thing?
    It also doesn't really make sense he'd treat her like this after what he did in Vegas. If anything he should be bemoaning his own foolishness.

It doesn't make sense for Wanda to try to redem herself after all this time lets start there, she's been writen like the past is the past for all this time

Now suddenly she's making use of some magical artifacts that we never saw her use, actually i think we never saw her using any artifact to make a spell.

It also doesn't really make sense he'd treat her like this after what he did in Vegas. If anything he should be bemoaning his own foolishness.
    Yep, he has his own history of foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It doesn't make sense for Wanda to try to redem herself after all this time lets start there, she's been writen like the past is the past for all this time

Now suddenly she's making use of some magical artifacts that we never saw her use, actually i think we never saw her using any artifact to make a spell.
    I don't remember it either. She's been knowledgeable on the use of artifacts in magic, but I don't remember her using them herself.

Also the last scene with Wanda hints like Hickman wants her head in my opinion, i'm not sure if Marvel will pull another Avengers vs X-Men, X-men hunting Wanda or just getting her killed off in some future random x-men book.