Page 156 of 271 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Also the last scene with Wanda hints like Hickman wants her head in my opinion, i'm not sure if Marvel will pull another Avengers vs X-Men, X-men hunting Wanda or just getting her killed off in some future random x-men book.
    It doesn't even feel like this Wanda is current Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

If it happens let's hope Pietro makes another crazines so they don't kill his sis lol

Since Wanda is no longer a mutant, what is the source of her powers? Why do she and Pietro have wildly different powersets?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Since Wanda is no longer a mutant, what is the source of her powers? Why do she and Pietro have wildly different powersets?
    Wanda has like... Three different power sources.

1) Experimentations from the high evolutionary

2) Chthon infusing her with his power when she was a baby

3) Coming from a bloodline of witches

Pietro would be just the first one.

The High Evolutionary experimented on them, i guess it's from there where Wanda got probability manipulation powers first, later in her book it's stated that she was born with magic since her mother was a Witch, we have to add that she was also blessed/cursed by Chthon allowing her to use chaos magic.

Quicksilver powers might be due the High Evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

and thats all concurrent? Seems rather unnecesary. Thanks though

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Technically, 3) could apply to Pietro too, since he is from the same bloodline as her and it was established that the Maximoff men also inherit magic, since their granddad was the Scarlet Warlock. I would like for a future writer to explore this with Pietro and what is his relationship with magic. Not necessarily make him a sorcerer, but like, establish if he has a special connection to magic, similar to how Hellcat gained magical resistance/sensors after going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Technically, 3) could apply to Pietro too, since he is from the same bloodline as her and it was established that the Maximoff men also inherit magic, since their granddad was the Scarlet Warlock. I would like for a future writer to explore this with Pietro and what is his relationship with magic. Not necessarily make him a sorcerer, but like, establish if he has a special connection to magic, similar to how Hellcat gained magical resistance/sensors after going to hell.
    Yeah, I mean because his powers aren't connected to magic, so it seems like his family background doesn't really have anything to do with it. I know that you're in favor of that, both for him and Tommy, but that's not quite how things have been written imo.

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I didn't like the way Remender portrayed her but I sort of see Cruelrain's point. I kind of wanted to see her talk back to Strange in this stupid story and stand up for herself. That would have at least given her fans something to enjoy, just like Strange's speeches in this comic were satisfying for anyone who wants to see her put in her place.

Better, of course, that she should be in a good story written in-character, but I don't see that happening in comics for a while.
    Wanda didn't talk back to Strange. but she did check him good, to the point of being speechless when she told him him, "Make time." She didn't use many words, but she made her point!

That part I loved!

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Yeah, she had every right to not take so much **** from Strange. But Rogue is justified in being mad at her, so it just paints her in a bad light. Especially when she says things like "Why is it so important for mutants to be born?". It aged even worse now that she isn't one.
    I've always have gotten a different take on Wanda's question of why is it so important that more mutants be born. My take on it is that Wanda's questioning the [B]motives[B] of the X-Men for that. Keep in mind that her character has a long history of being subjected (used) to other folks (Magneto, Immortus, Pietro, Doom, etc) motives. Not too mention, Wanda just realizing not too long before in Children's Crusade that Doom used her. It makes sense with her history, along with being angry at herself and others so soon after A vs X, that Wanda would question others motives. That is what I perceived from her comment. What do they get out of it? I thought it was a good question considering that A vs X was partially an event about motives...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean, she already uses actual magic that is kinda separated from her mutant power since the 70s.
    The HE experiment functionally replaced the mutant part.(Power in a genetic level that is.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    However, it seems that Wanda managed to gain some fans thanks to the book. Some found her more sympathetic and sincere in her actions
    House of M also gained her a lot of "fans" thanks to people loving the **** out of OP characters.
    It overall doesn't help her in the slightest.

Nah it really doesn't. Because Marvel takes frequent breaks with her, and she still has not been back on the main team of Avengers. Despite being on the main team of Avengers in the movies.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well obviously she was too megalomaniac in her intentions and fucks **** up but that also could be used to describe almost every single Hickman character lol. I do believe that his intentions in this mini were to portray her as an actual flawed human being, in contrast to the devilish image that Krakoans seem to have of her in the main series.
    I may believe this if I am new and still believe her portrayal in X-books can actually be about her in the slightest.

I do think having her show regret and trying to make up for things is a good thing. My biggest problem is how Strange treated her and how the narrative seems to go with that, painting her as dumb and naive.
    Well, this regret kinda comes more than a decade too late, it only drags her down nowadays.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Still better than what we got here IMO

Heartless bitch that doesn't care > stupidsubmissive woman without any skills
    Especially when her whole "crime" in the first place happened due to bunch of dumb reasons.
    She might as well be fourth-wall breaking and not actually talking to Rogue and spam her disappointment and hatred of being like a puppet.