Page 158 of 271 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4051
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a shame they couldn't create new tales for people to read to line up with the show.
    Which is what they are doing with every upcoming MCU property except WandaVision.

It's difficult to not feel like the black sheep with something like that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Well, as much as I dislike movie synergy. Wanda already got that pointless retcon and nothing more out of it.
    At least the MCU gave her enough popularity to create some fan demand from other media.

I don't usually like it either but see it as a fresh start for Wanda. Separate from the complete trashing they've done to the character in comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Which is what they are doing with every upcoming MCU property except WandaVision.
    To be fair the only reason they greenlit that Falcon/Winter Soldier mini because there was no Falcon/Winter Soldier team-up material they could release as a TPB, unlike Wanda and Vision, who have 450+ pages' worth already. It's not like Sam and Bucky have benefited much otherwise.

It seems like characters get a burst of exposure from being in a movie at all and then not much, even if (as with Bucky/Sam and Wanda/Vision) they make the leap from supporting players to stars.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hey All, Sorry I could not come on before I have been away for a few days.

So Indeed I will get right into it with Issue #4 just go for My Big Problem it First;

That was the Way Strange was Written and the panel around the "Women” line. THAT Line alone did both Major Disserve to Strange's Character, especially all of us that are Fans of Strange and an even more Disserve to Hickman himself. I really don’t care much about if it was Hickman self-inputting into Strange or just a mis-mange of the moment being written in, Hickman is Better then lines like that and Strange’s Character is better then lines like that.

A Writer like Hickman who has been noted that I have seen at times for both his progressive leanings it seems and his what seems VAST knowledge on Comic Book history in Fantatic Four, Avengers and X-Men, he showed a great big plot hole in his skill and ideal here. Most of all I don’t care for what reasons that “Women” line was said to who for whatever reason, it is out of place for any lady to be call that in that manner for any reason IMO. I will not call it the “M” word cause it takes allot and I mean allot for me to call a fellow Man that, but that was undignified to do no matter who he would have written it for and addressed to who, a Writer like Hickman is better then that, Strange is a better character then that and after allot of praise I give to him I expect better from him.

This Also put as I said a BIG Plot-Hole in Hickman’s thought to be VAST knowledge on Comic Book history cause as Many have rightfully said it Overlooks Strange’s Own Undertaking of Mass Resurrection in Las Vegas. It makes Strange look Very Hypocritical and Like he is being his own Illuminati old Days, what I would Call Illum-Strange, a character Hickman written too.

But to Forget entirely some of Strange’s History like the Las Vegas moment that just happen only 2-3 years ago or other moments like Strange Literally Consuming a Demon to Battle World War Hulk is pitiful and under minds some Greatly and Impersonal writing we could have had here. Moments of getting and making the same actions, Strange and Wanda having deep discussion on this topic and what it really means, it was just an major missed moment that puts anyone that loves good writing in a Dis-Hearten Mood.

So do I now Hate Hickman for this ~~ Honestly Heck No.

But I was Very Disappointed in him for this moment and for his Ignoring of Strange’s history of both his moments I have mentioned and his true relationship with Wanda. For Strange to Lecture Wanda on the parts she Carefully put into her spell and just say Blast it was all bad but NEVER to give use WHY they where not the right move is just lazy writing. Even more-so when Strange goes back for some of the same elements, just Hickman is better then this and he let fans of Him like me down in this.

With that Said, when we got past that some of the talk between Wanda and Strange was not bad some funny even harkening back to their pier relationship they should have.

What was even better was what Maximoffimpact so Greatly pointed out, Wanda did put Strange in check, she wanted to fix this problem while Strange did not show caring, that she still care so much about this and Strange seem to care more about his “Plans” then helping mutants in this case. That is the Wanda I love that shows that she Puts even Illuminati Members in their place!

So I am going to get into my final view about Wanda in this Issue overall and indeed I was the one that said I had Positive Hopes this would turn out in some-kind of positive manner. I put that out their cause that is how I always feel about many stories and then in-turn the characters I like.

So I am going to be Honest here and say what I really fell, I will not sugar-coat it and sat my truth;

Even with the fact that the Spell did not work out ~~~ honestly that should have been expect in the end, I think Marvel even with Hickman resurrecting mutants is still in No Rush to make Millions of Mutants all of the sudden be on their comic book panels cause they still seem to think it does not make for compelling story or something, which is stupid IMO but heck this is their ideal since the 2000s they have to explain that.
    What this book did RIGHT IMO is that and I have seen validation of this with some fans even over on the X-Boards is that this shows that Wanda Does and Always has care about those mistakes in her past deal with M-Day. That she has compassion and has a drive to fix what has been broken, that she was even willing to it seems erasure herself from history to fix it, that was compelling to me and IMO it seem to hit a cord with many other fans and that was hearting to see.

Yea I and I know many of my fellow Wanda fans have said and pointed out moments she was always like that, but for some they needed this and it gave them more of a positive look on her character even if the spell did not work. It showed she cared Like I and many others have said before and it shows who she really is at heart and throws that “Pretender” ideal that is being thrown in the recent stories out the window.

Also I still don’t see Wanda and her spell showing her as stupid or unskilled. Honestly a Stupid or Unskilled Magic user would not be able to put so much work and knowledge into such a spell and it has already been proven that Mass Resurrections in Marvel can and do happen with enough power. The Infinity Gems, Cosmic Cube and yea Strange’s Las Vegas spell, it shows it can be done. What stopped this one was once again more never really explained reasoning why it did not work that is just lazy writing that chalks up to Marvel does not want to many mutants yet still. So They keep putting obstacles in Wanda’s way with not fully explained reasons why it did not work and IMO it puts more ill on the reasons why it did not then on Wanda herself cause she showed she had the skill and knowledge to put it together and in Marvel it is possible.

My Final Words on this is that despite some of the writing being Questionable on how Wanda is portrayed, This IMO Honestly and True opinion shows that Wanda was always in the right place in her heart as a character, caring about those in plight in the events of M-Day and Mutants and that for a long given time has tried to work to fix it and I am proud of her character for that cause weather it works or not it shows she tries to do good, that is the Mark of the lady I Admire so much, That is the Best Point I Got out of this story if any good points could come out of this Controversial story it is That In My View!

It shows to that other roads will be needed to fix this and ones not as massive or as major, that Marvel has made clear they don’t indeed to do, but as long as they are at enought points showing Wanda is working to write wrongs both on the X-Board Side and the Avengers-Board side then that is a good thing to take out of it for Wanda's Character. It is showing their needs to be new path to fixing those problems that have to be found and can be found when the true nature of a character is shown to be caring and willing to push themselves to do such.

This just Reminds me even out of some Bad, thier is still Good and Good can still shown be seen in the End in Wanda's Character that has always been their in My Reading of her character and I know that view is shared by her fans and even in some ways now some others that felt differently before got to see it and start to appriate her in a more postive way then before!

Marvel is about not all going right to many times, not all, but enough of the times, but those we Admire as heroes keep trying and we find the good out of them in the places it gives to us to strive for the Betterment for them and of the overall world.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I don't usually like it either but see it as a fresh start for Wanda. Separate from the complete trashing they've done to the character in comics.
    It's a shame they couldn't even do something like Renew Your Vows, have an alternate reality where Wanda and Vision are still married.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hey All, Sorry I could not come on before I have been away for a few days.

So Indeed I will get right into it with Issue #4 just go for My Big Problem it First;

That was the Way Strange was Written and the panel around the "Women” line. THAT Line alone did both Major Disserve to Strange's Character, especially all of us that are Fans of Strange and an even more Disserve to Hickman himself. I really don’t care much about if it was Hickman self-inputting into Strange or just a mis-mange of the moment being written in, Hickman is Better then lines like that and Strange’s Character is better then lines like that.

A Writer like Hickman who has been noted that I have seen at times for both his progressive leanings it seems and his what seems VAST knowledge on Comic Book history in Fantatic Four, Avengers and X-Men, he showed a great big plot hole in his skill and ideal here. Most of all I don’t care for what reasons that “Women” line was said to who for whatever reason, it is out of place for any lady to be call that in that manner for any reason IMO. I will not call it the “M” word cause it takes allot and I mean allot for me to call a fellow Man that, but that was undignified to do no matter who he would have written it for and addressed to who, a Writer like Hickman is better then that, Strange is a better character then that and after allot of praise I give to him I expect better from him.

This Also put as I said a BIG Plot-Hole in Hickman’s thought to be VAST knowledge on Comic Book history cause as Many have rightfully said it Overlooks Strange’s Own Undertaking of Mass Resurrection in Las Vegas. It makes Strange look Very Hypocritical and Like he is being his own Illuminati old Days, what I would Call Illum-Strange, a character Hickman written too.

But to Forget entirely some of Strange’s History like the Las Vegas moment that just happen only 2-3 years ago or other moments like Strange Literally Consuming a Demon to Battle World War Hulk is pitiful and under minds some Greatly and Impersonal writing we could have had here. Moments of getting and making the same actions, Strange and Wanda having deep discussion on this topic and what it really means, it was just an major missed moment that puts anyone that loves good writing in a Dis-Hearten Mood.

So do I now Hate Hickman for this ~~ Honestly Heck No.

But I was Very Disappointed in him for this moment and for his Ignoring of Strange’s history of both his moments I have mentioned and his true relationship with Wanda. For Strange to Lecture Wanda on the parts she Carefully put into her spell and just say Blast it was all bad but NEVER to give use WHY they where not the right move is just lazy writing. Even more-so when Strange goes back for some of the same elements, just Hickman is better then this and he let fans of Him like me down in this.

With that Said, when we got past that some of the talk between Wanda and Strange was not bad some funny even harkening back to their pier relationship they should have.

What was even better was what Maximoffimpact so Greatly pointed out, Wanda did put Strange in check, she wanted to fix this problem while Strange did not show caring, that she still care so much about this and Strange seem to care more about his “Plans” then helping mutants in this case. That is the Wanda I love that shows that she Puts even Illuminati Members in their place!

So I am going to get into my final view about Wanda in this Issue overall and indeed I was the one that said I had Positive Hopes this would turn out in some-kind of positive manner. I put that out their cause that is how I always feel about many stories and then in-turn the characters I like.

So I am going to be Honest here and say what I really fell, I will not sugar-coat it and sat my truth;

Even with the fact that the Spell did not work out ~~~ honestly that should have been expect in the end, I think Marvel even with Hickman resurrecting mutants is still in No Rush to make Millions of Mutants all of the sudden be on their comic book panels cause they still seem to think it does not make for compelling story or something, which is stupid IMO but heck this is their ideal since the 2000s they have to explain that.
    What this book did RIGHT IMO is that and I have seen validation of this with some fans even over on the X-Boards is that this shows that Wanda Does and Always has care about those mistakes in her past deal with M-Day. That she has compassion and has a drive to fix what has been broken, that she was even willing to it seems erasure herself from history to fix it, that was compelling to me and IMO it seem to hit a cord with many other fans and that was hearting to see.

Yea I and I know many of my fellow Wanda fans have said and pointed out moments she was always like that, but for some they needed this and it gave them more of a positive look on her character even if the spell did not work. It showed she cared Like I and many others have said before and it shows who she really is at heart and throws that “Pretender” ideal that is being thrown in the recent stories out the window.

Also I still don’t see Wanda and her spell showing her as stupid or unskilled. Honestly a Stupid or Unskilled Magic user would not be able to put so much work and knowledge into such a spell and it has already been proven that Mass Resurrections in Marvel can and do happen with enough power. The Infinity Gems, Cosmic Cube and yea Strange’s Las Vegas spell, it shows it can be done. What stopped this one was once again more never really explained reasoning why it did not work that is just lazy writing that chalks up to Marvel does not want to many mutants yet still. So They keep putting obstacles in Wanda’s way with not fully explained reasons why it did not work and IMO it puts more ill on the reasons why it did not then on Wanda herself cause she showed she had the skill and knowledge to put it together and in Marvel it is possible.

My Final Words on this is that despite some of the writing being Questionable on how Wanda is portrayed, This IMO Honestly and True opinion shows that Wanda was always in the right place in her heart as a character, caring about those in plight in the events of M-Day and Mutants and that for a long given time has tried to work to fix it and I am proud of her character for that cause weather it works or not it shows she tries to do good, that is the Mark of the lady I Admire so much, That is the Best Point I Got out of this story if any good points could come out of this Controversial story it is That In My View!

It shows to that other roads will be needed to fix this and ones not as massive or as major, that Marvel has made clear they don’t indeed to do, but as long as they are at enought points showing Wanda is working to write wrongs both on the X-Board Side and the Avengers-Board side then that is a good thing to take out of it for Wanda's Character. It is showing their needs to be new path to fixing those problems that have to be found and can be found when the true nature of a character is shown to be caring and willing to push themselves to do such.

This just Reminds me even out of some Bad, thier is still Good and Good can still shown be seen in the End in Wanda's Character that has always been their in My Reading of her character and I know that view is shared by her fans and even in some ways now some others that felt differently before got to see it and start to appriate her in a more postive way then before!

Marvel is about not all going right to many times, not all, but enough of the times, but those we Admire as heroes keep trying and we find the good out of them in the places it gives to us to strive for the Betterment for them and of the overall world.

Wanda looks so sad in that pic, she needs a hug.

Well said CJ. Let's all hope the next time Wanda appears, she isn't just used as a plot device and instead is treated as an actual character.

Wow, so they completely glossed over Magneto as if he wasnt a big part of her early history

Well at the time she was retconned, we asked Tom Brevoort if it meant that she was never in the Brotherhood either. He never answered the question. So we don't know just how much they got rid of.

Not sure I like that one. Costume seems a bit busy and the Photoshop is not very good.

Well at the time she was retconned, we asked Tom Brevoort if it meant that she was never in the Brotherhood either. He never answered the question. So we don't know just how much they got rid of.
    That's not how it works lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's not how it works lol.
    Not sure what you mean? They've never gone into any exact details on this retcon. Just that Mags is no longer the father. Or that Wanda believes that. In recent bios, he's sometimes mentioned as being a former father. Sometimes never mentioned at all. And very recently, her time with the Brotherhood is not mentioned at all. There is nothing wrong with asking for better definition. They have never even gone into who the new father is. Maybe that will happen in Darkhold. But I feel like I keep hoping for this and it never is gonna happen.