Page 159 of 271 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not sure what you mean? They've never gone into any exact details on this retcon. Just that Mags is no longer the father. Or that Wanda believes that. In recent bios, he's sometimes mentioned as being a former father. Sometimes never mentioned at all. And very recently, her time with the Brotherhood is not mentioned at all. There is nothing wrong with asking for better definition. They have never even gone into who the new father is. Maybe that will happen in Darkhold. But I feel like I keep hoping for this and it never is gonna happen.
    Of course she was still part of the brotherhood. And what other details do they need to go into? They said he's not her father, that she was experimented on by the High Evolutionary rather than a mutant, and that's like, the whole retcon. It only retcons her origin/background/birth/very early childhood. None of her appearances have been erased from canon. They wrote her being glad about not being Magneto's daughter, which makes no sense if her history with him had been erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course she was still part of the brotherhood. And what other details do they need to go into? They said he's not her father, that she was experimented on by the High Evolutionary rather than a mutant, and that's like, the whole retcon. It only retcons her origin/background/birth/very early childhood. None of her appearances have been erased from canon. They wrote her being glad about not being Magneto's daughter, which makes no sense if her history with him had been erased.
    They do need to go into who the new father is. And make things a bit more consistent with new bios that they give her on their products and in videos, books, etc. They tell lots of things that make no sense. So what they put in one thing might not be true a month later when they write something completely different. Just asking for thorough consistency. We can go into lots that doesn't make sense about Wanda's many retcons. Some they really tried to make sense, some not. I mean by any measure, the Magda thing would have still happened too? Was that a fever dream? Was Bova wrong? I can go into her powers too about how one minute she's able to warp reality at will and the next needs to tap into something in order to make that happen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They do need to go into who the new father is. And make things a bit more consistent with new bios that they give her on their products and in videos, books, etc. They tell lots of things that make no sense. So what they put in one thing might not be true a month later when they write something completely different. Just asking for thorough consistency. We can go into lots that doesn't make sense about Wanda's many retcons. Some they really tried to make sense, some not. I mean by any measure, the Magda thing would have still happened too? Was that a fever dream? Was Bova wrong? I can go into her powers too about how one minute she's able to warp reality at will and the next needs to tap into something in order to make that happen.
    Well the original retcon said she and Pietro were Django and Marya's biological children, so that retcon actually said who her father was. The Natalya thing was another retcon, or you could say an extension of the previous one. The scenes with Magda could technically be a lie or whatever since we didn't see it in "real time". Either way, my point is that the idea that the retcon somehow affects her being part of a brotherhood or whatever else she's done since she's been introduced is ludicrous.

Those Marvel videos are just summaries no different from other ones that can be written by anyone in the internet, they're not made by comic book writers or editors after all. While no connection to Magneto or mutantkind is on the video, the description actually says she's a "A powerful mutant sorceress" which people took note and speculated might mean the retcon being undone.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-21-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Well the original retcon said she and Pietro were Django and Marya's biological children, so that retcon actually said who her father was. The Natalya thing was another retcon, or you could say an extension of the previous one. The scenes with Magda could technically be a lie or whatever since we didn't see it in "real time". Either way, my point is that the idea that the retcon somehow affects her being part of a brotherhood or whatever else she's done since she's been introduced is ludicrous.

Those Marvel videos are just summaries no different from other ones that can be written by anyone in the internet, they're not made by comic book writers or editors after all. While no connection to Magneto or mutantkind is on the video, the description actually says she's a "A powerful mutant sorceress" which people took note and speculated might mean the retcon being undone.
    I'm saying we just don't know for sure. Especially when they just release her history in one of their 101 videos that doesn't mention the Brotherhood at all. Who makes the videos? How do we know they don't read comics? Even non-comicbook readers mention that history, so I doubt someone they had make the video didn't know. She can be mutant without being his daughter. Or it could be another mistake.

I'm also saying it'd be nice to have something definitive, instead of well maybe this hint means something.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-21-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, so they completely glossed over Magneto as if he wasnt a big part of her early history
    They did mention that ''evil influences pushed her and her brother into a life of crime''. I think that is pretty self-explanatory for a video like this that doesn't directly mention a lot of important things that happened to her. They didn't even directly mention M-Day, which is like the one thing people always mention when it comes to Wanda.

Not sure what you mean? They've never gone into any exact details on this retcon. Just that Mags is no longer the father. Or that Wanda believes that. In recent bios, he's sometimes mentioned as being a former father. Sometimes never mentioned at all. And very recently, her time with the Brotherhood is not mentioned at all. There is nothing wrong with asking for better definition. They have never even gone into who the new father is. Maybe that will happen in Darkhold. But I feel like I keep hoping for this and it never is gonna happen.
    Didn't History Of The Marvel Universe confirm that her early days with the Brotherhood still happened? Or am I remembering that wrong?

The description also implies she's been an X-Man, which is just plainly untrue, so... that definitely didn't go through any editorial. LOL

I'm saying we just don't know for sure. Especially when they just release her history in one of their 101 videos that doesn't mention the Brotherhood at all. Who makes the videos? How do we know they don't read comics? Even non-comicbook readers mention that history, so I doubt someone they had make the video didn't know. She can be mutant without being his daughter. Or it could be another mistake.

I'm also saying it'd be nice to have something definitive, instead of well maybe this hint means something.
    If big name comic writers can't bother to do the research, whta makes you expect some regular employee to bother

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Didn't History Of The Marvel Universe confirm that her early days with the Brotherhood still happened? Or am I wrong?
    I would have to look over that one again.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-22-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    If big name comic writers can't bother to do the research, whta makes you expect some regular employee to bother
    But that's part of the point. There is a lot of confusion around Wanda. Powers wise, origin wise. It'd be nice to know a definitive bio, and not stuff that is either incorrect or changes on a whim. Her history is more chaotic than her powers.

But that's part of the point. There is a lot of confusion around Wanda. Powers wise, origin wise. It'd be nice to know a definitive bio, and not stuff that is either incorrect or changes on a whim. Her history is more chaotic than her powers.
    True, but you know the minute someone has finished a definitve bio on Wanda, it will probably be Retconned and the person would have to start all over again

True, but you know the minute someone has finished a definitve bio on Wanda, it will probably be Retconned and the person would have to start all over again
    That's why it needs mandates. Editors can force certain things. They just don't in recent years because stuff not making sense is better than restricting artistic vision.

Yes, according to History of the Marvel Universe Wanda is still an original member of the Brotherhood.

That's why it needs mandates. Editors can force certain things. They just don't in recent years because stuff not making sense is better than restricting artistic vision.
    Mandates are no good, they can easily be overruled by another editor as shown with the Clone Saga in the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Yes, according to History of the Marvel Universe Wanda is still an original member of the Brotherhood.

Thank you Ultimate Cap.

Mandates are no good, they can easily be overruled by another editor as shown with the Clone Saga in the 90's
    They have to have a set origin and stick with that. Retcon her anymore and she's Donna Troy.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    Most importantly, you take care of you, CJ. We will always allow you whatever time you need. You've earned it IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah so I was wondering how the reading was going along. Yes, that TS was a mess to many areas. Glad you could still read and that you are safe. Hopefully, you will get power back on soon. Take care. Looking forward to your postings whenever you can. :-)
    Thanks SO MUCH for your Posts Maximoffimpact & Phoenixx9, Means Allot and Thanks for all your patience on me starting up my posting again. :-)

Recently I wanted to wait until the Empyre X-Men event recently concluded until I started posting My Reading List again so it would be concluded and talked about and I gave my 2 cents on it as well.

So Lets Get to So Classic Wanda! =D

I have read much since my last post on this but I will be putting up each comic one at a time cause of the Limits to posting on CBR so here we go;

Wanda's Intro is Already Famous Among Famous Moments in Marvel Fandom with her Intro in;

X-Men #4, Vol. 1 from 1963!

Wanda's Intro lines are Very Nice as well, she famously stood-up to the Creep Mastermind after his advances onto her and took No Guff of it, Loved it! =)

Wanda Showed she was no one to take lightly with and would stand-up for herself.

However Her and Pietro as we know only stayed with the Brotherhood for as long as they did cause of the debt they owed to Magneto for Saving Wanda's life form the Angry Mob in their Town. It was more like they where hostage made to serve Magneto then ever really caring or wanted to be apart of his Dark Crusade. Wanda did it out of Honoring of Debt more then anything.

Wanda also showed she could stand-up to the Original 5 X-Men on her own and save her brother Pietro in the Process, another well known and Famous Momnet seen many times before.

Pretty Much the rest of the issue is just abit more fighting then the brotherhood escaping from the X-Men, Wanda not agreeing by a thought bubble with Magneto's destrutive tatics to defeat the X-Men by also trying to harm the people of the Town Magneto had taken over.

As I said this is a Famous Debut book of our Wanda's 1st outing in Marvel History and I still Love it, it is indeed a Treat to Read and Made her character strong to stand-up for herself and support her brother. :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!