Page 162 of 271 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I chose her being a witch. Because after the witches road stuff and with all the years of training with Agatha, that is most true. The experiment stuff I don't feel has that much of an impact on her. Maybe for the energy manipulation. It's just too complicated to pick one.

Her powers are weird in that poll, because it's basically everything is under the flag of chaos magic now, with some traditional magic on the side. It has magic there, but the others don't all reflect everything she can do. It's just all under the same category now. I chose magic but it doesn't feel well doing that. It's just that at least everything can be done that she can do with magic. But it doesn't really explain everything because she can also probability alter, manipulate energies, reality warp if she taps into a strong enough power.

The kids are also weird, being that it's not that simple. Best friends. I guess it'd be Jan at this moment, because even though she talks about Carol in her solo, she's had the most recent interactions with Janet.

It just doesn't reflect the canon I have for her. Which does follow the books too, but, that is how I see her. And I feel she's too complicated to be narrowed down like this.
    Also Chaos Magic technically include Energy Manipulation(because she need it to channel it first with her natural genetic power), Probability Manipulation(small/medium scale) and Reality Warping(large scale).
    As for main power as in what she uses most frequently, that would be probability manipulation, yet that is the result of chaos magic.
    The better term for "magic" would probably be Witchcraft, AKA the spells and knowledge she learnt from Agatha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I kinda wanted to pick both Magneto and Chthon as her daddy, because Magneto did the deed, but Chthon got a little something in the mix, too, IMO, which is why Wanda is so well suited to be his vessel on this Earth.

Similarly, the 'hex bolts' weren't really an option for her primary power, cause I always preferred the mutant hex bolts, with a dash of minor magic, as her main power, with none of the chaos magic / reality manipulation / No More Mutants plot-device-that-wrecks-the-character-for-a-decade stuff.
    Aren't Hex Bolts' end result just PM as well?
    Wanda's power sometimes doesn't really change in terms of results, it's more about how it functions.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    "We know you! You have the evil eye!"
    I think the villagers thought she was Natalya Maximoff.

"She is a Scarlet Witch! Her power must be destroyed!"
    Wanda is wearing a blue dress, so the villagers can't be referencing her clothes by calling her a Scarlet Witch. They must know about the heritage of the Maximoff family. Her mother was a Scarlet Witch, and her grandfather was a Scarlet Warlock.

Magneto thought Wanda's witch powers were a mutant power, but he was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi CJ. I am so glad to see your post of your review.

I love those early Wanda appearances with the costume, hex power, black hair, etc. Although your scans show Wanda with her auburn hair. Are these reprints of the classic issues? This may be why?

Wanda did have a lot of power back then, but sometimes it just did not manifest as so powerful, but at othertimes it did. Wanda could also (occasionally) hold back from using all her power and use just a small amount of power as shown. I always looked forward to each issue to see just what Wanda's hex would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    A solid start for Wanda in the comics, with a mix of classic beautiful but vulnerable 60's lady and also able to handle herself. I love Warren's reaction to seeing her, especially as Magento would actually try to use Wanda to convince Namor a couple of issues later
    Glad You all enjoyed it, really even re-reading threw it it was hard to make a review of it since it has been talked about SO Many times in the past it is hard to bring anything new to it that was already talked about before so thanks for liking my post.

Indeed Phoenixx9, these Images I have had for SO Long on my Computer Saved that I really don't remember where I got them LOL, I read the issue recently on Marvel Comics App and honestly they where so much more bleached looking with more white backgrounds then these. It seems with any re-prints into either Digital or TPB they all look allitle different with how clear they try to make the colors look.

Indeed Leokearon later I will post my review on that issue cause it was a Nice issue to read and it was cool back then when Namor too had a thing before with Sue Storm in Fantastic Fout #4, indeed Namor was the ladies man and in my review he will do a good bit of actions cause of Wanda and his atraction to her.

All of your posts are right on point, LOVE reading them, Thanks for them all!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I though it would be interesting to see with all the retcon and changes to Wanda, what is the main head canon(s) with regard our favourite Witch.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G99J2PT

Ten simple questions, just select the option that agrees with your canon, it doesn't have to be the actual canon answer. Results will be reveal on 1st September. So enjoy.
    Being able to choose more than one option was very helpful, considering my biggest headcanon about Wanda is that she was actually born as a mutant and daughter of Magneto pre-House Of M, however, she unconsciously rewrote her own origin story after that trauma, giving herself a life away from him and all the pain he brought to her.

So yes, she was originally a mutant (who was mystically enhanced) in her first life, but now she's just a human witch who was experimented on by the High Evolutionary. Erik and Magda were her biological parents, but now they're Natalya and someone else (Chthon is a tempting option). I think it's important to point out that, regardless who are their biological parents, Django and Marya still raised them and should be considered their REAL parents.

Her main power is just magic, IMO, because that's probably the easiest way to describe how she's usually portrayed these days.

As for her kids, I literally checked every box except for robots, because I think all of them are correct and can co-exist. LOL

I said her best friends are Hawkeye (I'm assuming that's Clint) and Janet, just because I imagined there could be a bond between them due to being three of the earliest Avengers members.

Her name and birth place should stay the same... I don't see why that would change.

And she should be on the main Avengers and/or a side Avengers team.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

I've update the survey to include multiple choice on some of the questions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G99J2PT

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also Chaos Magic technically include Energy Manipulation(because she need it to channel it first with her natural genetic power), Probability Manipulation(small/medium scale) and Reality Warping(large scale).
    As for main power as in what she uses most frequently, that would be probability manipulation, yet that is the result of chaos magic.
    The better term for "magic" would probably be Witchcraft, AKA the spells and knowledge she learnt from Agatha.
    Yeah that was the problem I have with it is basically everything is pretty much under chaos magic, but what Agatha taught her. And I've talked about on here how I don't think the High Evolutionary experiment thing wasn't as needed for her as it was for Quicksilver.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Glad You all enjoyed it, really even re-reading threw it it was hard to make a review of it since it has been talked about SO Many times in the past it is hard to bring anything new to it that was already talked about before so thanks for liking my post.

Indeed Phoenixx9, these Images I have had for SO Long on my Computer Saved that I really don't remember where I got them LOL, I read the issue recently on Marvel Comics App and honestly they where so much more bleached looking with more white backgrounds then these. It seems with any re-prints into either Digital or TPB they all look allitle different with how clear they try to make the colors look.

Indeed Leokearon later I will post my review on that issue cause it was a Nice issue to read and it was cool back then when Namor too had a thing before with Sue Storm in Fantastic Fout #4, indeed Namor was the ladies man and in my review he will do a good bit of actions cause of Wanda and his atraction to her.

It is also interesting that will going mostly after blondes, Namor's main love was the Lady Dorma, who wore red and had Auburn hair. Looks like Wanda made more of an impact on Namor, that either ever imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

So true, CJ. For instance, I could swear that the first time I read the past showing Wanda accidentally burning the home, that she and the entire panel was red in color, which is why the villager called her a scarlet witch. Now it appears Wanda was wearing a blue dress, so that cannot (now) be the reason. But, what if they meant for Wanda to have auburn/red hair from the beginning (even though she started out with black hair)?

This auburn/red hair could be the reason that they called her a scarlet witch. I do not think they were planning all of this as a familiar title "Scarlet Witch" as far back as 1964. Also, if familiar title, then the villagers would have known about the twins parents and them being "Scarlet" people from the beginning.

I've update the survey to include multiple choice on some of the questions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G99J2PT
    1. Wanda Maximoff
    2. a witch
    3. Serbia
    4. Brother Voodoo
    5. Magic
    6. Magneto
    7. Natalya Maximoff
    8. Real Kids
    9. Janet Van Dyne
    10. The Main Avengers Team

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So true, CJ. For instance, I could swear that the first time I read the past showing Wanda accidentally burning the home, that she and the entire panel was red in color, which is why the villager called her a scarlet witch. Now it appears Wanda was wearing a blue dress, so that cannot (now) be the reason. But, what if they meant for Wanda to have auburn/red hair from the beginning (even though she started out with black hair)?

This auburn/red hair could be the reason that they called her a scarlet witch. I do not think they were planning all of this as a familiar title "Scarlet Witch" as far back as 1964. Also, if familiar title, then the villagers would have known about the twins parents and them being "Scarlet" people from the beginning.
    I think the mob is just doing the Scarlet letter thing but relating her powers to that of a witch.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the mob is just doing the Scarlet letter thing but relating her powers to that of a witch.
    Yes, another possibility. And our gal is the mistress of possibility/probability disruption!

WandaVision Stunt Doubles Hint at More Filming to Come
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...ilming-to-come

Also, I do not want to see all kinds of Witches/Warlocks related to colors, ala the various color Lantern Corps.

I like Wanda being unique as The Scarlet Witch!