Page 167 of 271 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4051
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

With Wandavision coming up, you would think Wanda and Vision would be allowed to speak to Billy on panel. Instead, they were in the corner while Steve and Tony reminisce about the boys. This is just egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I agree in that, at least a panel of Wanda hugging Wiccan lol
    Both Wanda and Vision should have at least been allowed to say congratulations

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Huh? Darkhold? We know Tommy is in that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Art was released way back when to my knowledge.
    Jim Cheung shared a sketch on his Instagram that showed an obscure character, Maverick, and in the background we could see someone who looked like Tommy and Wanda. That grouping was obviously very random and no one could really tell what the context was. It wasn't for Empyre, but I don't think it has been confirmed as Darkhold either. For all we know, it could be for that special book showcasing his art that Marvel was planning to release before the pandemic. I hope it's for a new story.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    With Wandavision coming up, you would think Wanda and Vision would be allowed to speak to Billy on panel. Instead, they were in the corner while Steve and Tony reminisce about the boys. This is just egregious.
    I still think we're getting a synergy book for WandaVision, where we may see Billy and Tommy as a nod to the show. It's either going to be Darkhold (or something spinning off of that) or something else. But I do think we're getting something. There's no reason why much less relevant characters like Taskmaster and U.S.Agent would get their own books as synergy, but not Wanda and Vision. Even the Eternals are coming back from oblivion to headline their own title. I know Wanda fans are always on expecting the worst mode, but I do think Marvel is cooking up something for her. They just haven't gotten the chance to announce it yet probably for a number of reasons, including the pandemic. Also, keep in mind that WandaVision has been kept on a tight leash by Kevin Feige, so it's possible the other Marvel folks know less about this production, meaning they could be waiting to know more so they can decide how to properly synergize.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-09-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think if we were getting some synergy for WandaVision it would have been announced by now. It seems like the only reason Bucky and Sam got a miniseries is that otherwise there was almost no material that could be reprinted as a trade to tie in with their TV show. Wanda and Vision already had two limited series that are being reprinted for their TV show, and other than that they get nothing.

I wish it were otherwise, but since Ewing clearly knows that Wanda and Vision should have been in Empyre (given all the connections they have to the Kree/Skrull war, Celestial Madonna and Young Avengers), I'm assuming Wanda at least is just being kept in storage for some other story, probably the X-Men/Magneto story that Bleeding Cool teased. Either that or management just wants big star characters like Steve and Tony to get the spotlight at all times.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Jim Cheung shared a sketch on his Instagram that showed an obscure character, Maverick, and in the background we could see someone who looked like Tommy and Wanda. That grouping was obviously very random and no one could really tell what the context was. It wasn't for Empyre, but I don't think it has been confirmed as Darkhold either. For all we know, it could be for that special book showcasing his art that Marvel was planning to release before the pandemic. I hope it's for a new story.

I still think we're getting a synergy book for WandaVision, where we may see Billy and Tommy as a nod to the show. It's either going to be Darkhold (or something spinning off of that) or something else. But I do think we're getting something. There's no reason why much less relevant characters like Taskmaster and U.S.Agent would get their own books as synergy, but not Wanda and Vision. Even the Eternals are coming back from oblivion to headline their own title. I know Wanda fans are always on expecting the worst mode, but I do think Marvel is cooking up something for her. They just haven't gotten the chance to announce it yet probably for a number of reasons, including the pandemic. Also, keep in mind that WandaVision has been kept on a tight leash by Kevin Feige, so it's possible the other Marvel folks know less about this production, meaning they could be waiting to know more so they can decide how to properly synergize.
    Hickman strongly hinted she will die.l

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah. She has a background cameo like a random guest. Meanwhile, there's a page even for STEVE AND TONY to talk about Billy/Teddy. I guess not even Ewing can be trusted in acknowleding Billy and Wanda's connection...
    Not sure why Marvel is allergic to some family dynamics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Hickman strongly hinted she will die.l
    Ultimately, it's not up to Hickman to decide. Wanda is an Avenger character that has her own show and a movie appearance coming up. If editorial wants to use her in the comics to promote that stuff, they get the last word on the subject.

Extraordinary Member

Ultimately, it's not up to Hickman to decide. Wanda is an Avenger character that has her own show and a movie appearance coming up. If editorial wants to use her in the comics to promote that stuff, they get the last word on the subject.
    Right, but the Avengers side is practically going out of its way not to use her, while Hickman's X-Men is currently the priority for the entire line. If Hickman asked to reserve Wanda for a story he's doing, Marvel will probably go along with it, having no other plans for her. So what we're seeing is that Wanda gets to do little or nothing on the Avengers side while Hickman slowly builds up to whatever he has planned for Wanda, which, based on her appearance in X-Men: Empyre, isn't likely to be very good.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Synergy finally coming to save us all at long last would be a dream come true. But as you say, we do have Darkhold to look towards. Maybe Wanda and Tommy will actually speak to each other!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Right, but the Avengers side is practically going out of its way not to use her, while Hickman's X-Men is currently the priority for the entire line. If Hickman asked to reserve Wanda for a story he's doing, Marvel will probably go along with it, having no other plans for her.
    X-Men line isn't really using her either. She's had two appearances. Nothing more so far.

They have plans for her in Darkhold. And there's also the issue that Hickman's Wanda is currently in a completely different place, costume, etc. from Wanda that appeared at the same time in Zub's Empyre. We don't even know if Hickman's version is the real Wanda or if it's another Doombot or something, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    X-Men line isn't really using her either. She's had two appearances. Nothing more so far.
    Right, but it was obvious that her appearance was part of a buildup to a story, along with Exodus's "pretender" thing. Hickman is famous for taking months or years to build up to a story (one reason I find his work boring), so it's clear that he has a plan for her. Based on how he portrayed her I doubt it's anything good, but since the Avengers side refuses to use her on the main team, and Zub said he's pitched several projects with Wanda that got turned down, I think she's just being kept on ice for whenever that part of Hickman's story gets under way.

Her appearance in the classic costume makes sense because he was trying to avoid being too specific about when exactly some of the scenes (like her stroll through Genosha) took place, so the artist just put her in the classic costume because that's the "safe" generic costume for the character. We'll see what she's wearing when she finally appears in the main book.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Right, but it was obvious that her appearance was part of a buildup to a story, along with Exodus's "pretender" thing. Hickman is famous for taking months or years to build up to a story (one reason I find his work boring), so it's clear that he has a plan for her. Based on how he portrayed her I doubt it's anything good, but since the Avengers side refuses to use her on the main team, and Zub said he's pitched several projects with Wanda that got turned down, I think she's just being kept on ice for whenever that part of Hickman's story gets under way.

Her appearance in the classic costume makes sense because he was trying to avoid being too specific about when exactly some of the scenes (like her stroll through Genosha) took place, so the artist just put her in the classic costume because that's the "safe" generic costume for the character. We'll see what she's wearing when she finally appears in the main book.
    No people hope it's building up to something. Just like people hoped when she came back all those years ago that they'd redeem her. Or hoped that she'd become Sorceress Supreme when that was teased. Or hoped she'd have any contact with her spiritual sons. Same with people hoping if they retcon the retcon that she'll have these great stories with Polaris and Mags. It's all hope. There is no proof of any of it. Hickman's story could just be for shits and giggles and nothing more. His big plan could be for someone else and she's just a side piece. And like I said, this could really not be the real Wanda. We really don't know.

We don't really know why she's in the classic costume. It could be the typical artist mess ups or it could be intentional for story reasons.

But where we stand, she's not prevalent anywhere. Her show and Darkhold are really our only certain hopes. Then Doctor Strange 2 later on.

i'm honestly not worried about the synergy for now

maybe the company considered her Darkhold apparence was good enough, if i remember correctly she kinda replaced Doom in the cover art, maybe that's the way of "hyping her" lol

if WandaVision is good received by the audiences and critics i'm sure Marvel will do more things with the Scarlet Witch in the comic universe (i hope)
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-09-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Any news on the WandaVision release date?

I've heard Hickman has been hating on Wanda over in the X-Books which is plain disgusting. I don't know how this rampant misogyny is allowed to spread.

Last we heard was December. But no updates on if it'll get pushed back. It seems like production is starting back up on a lot of things.