Page 168 of 271 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4051

I hope it gets released soon, that is the project I am most interested in. Definitely not the Bucky/Falcon show.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i'm honestly not worried about the synergy for now

maybe the company considered her Darkhold apparence was good enough, if i remember correctly she kinda replaced Doom in the cover art, maybe that's the way of "hyping her" lol

if WandaVision is good received by the audiences and critics i'm sure Marvel will do more things with the Scarlet Witch in the comic universe (i hope)
    It perhaps suggests Chthon is the villain of WandaVision.

Star 5 is now available in a print edition.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Star 5 is now available in a print edition.
    I might get the trade when it comes out since it's the only decent part Wanda has had in anything in 2020.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Hickman strongly hinted she will die.l
    Well, the sooner the better, better dead than dragged through the mud again. Seriously, I kinda hope Darkhold was released as planned, made her drop dead at the end or something(while actually doing somethign cool and meaningful that adds to her own character) and save her some grace by not playing a part in the X-books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I might get the trade when it comes out since it's the only decent part Wanda has had in anything in 2020.
    Which is freaking ironic, finding the best of your favorite in a book about a character you would otherwise not care about, at least that's how I feel about it.
    But now I am just feeling friendlier toward new characters and obscure characters, given they are not here to occupy some other classic's spot.

Extraordinary Member

Christopher Yost has been posting old Marvel covers that are related to the stories he would have done in a third season of "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes." The theme would have been "magic and mutants" and, as expected, Wanda and Pietro would have been involved.

So many might-have-beens with Wanda, in comics and out. I hope the wait for her first big film/TV role turns out to be worth it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I loved that show. It was almost criminal that they shelved it for another show that was inferior.

Christopher Yost has been posting old Marvel covers that are related to the stories he would have done in a third season of "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes." The theme would have been "magic and mutants" and, as expected, Wanda and Pietro would have been involved.

So many might-have-beens with Wanda, in comics and out. I hope the wait for her first big film/TV role turns out to be worth it.
    One of my biggest disappointments with EMH ending is not getting to see the Twins on a good Avengers show.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Right, but the Avengers side is practically going out of its way not to use her, while Hickman's X-Men is currently the priority for the entire line. If Hickman asked to reserve Wanda for a story he's doing, Marvel will probably go along with it, having no other plans for her. So what we're seeing is that Wanda gets to do little or nothing on the Avengers side while Hickman slowly builds up to whatever he has planned for Wanda, which, based on her appearance in X-Men: Empyre, isn't likely to be very good.
    I wouldn't say they're going out of their way to not use her. She was in the Empyre: Avengers mini, which clearly shows us they haven't forgotten about her as an Avenger. I know Wanda's role in Empyre wasn't as big as we wanted it to be, but that's just part of the course for many other Avengers characters. Ask Janet van Dyne or Monica Rambeau fans how they feel about their treatment in Marvel Comics right now. I mean, ask Vision fans; he's pretty much on the same boat as Wanda right now. We tend to assume the worst when it comes to our personal favorite characters, but Wanda is not really being treated any different from how other classic Avengers are. It's not really some conspiracy against her specifically. It's just editorial not working harder to give more good content to certain characters.

And I'm still not sure Hickman has this big plan for Wanda some people seem to think. He didn't write Wanda once during his entire Avengers run, which is her turf. Why should I believe he suddenly has all this interest for the character now? And if we are to believe those Bleeding Cool rumors (Marvel thought of retconning the retcon, but preferred to wait for WandaVision before they made any decision), synergy still very much dictates how Marvel does stuff. So I still don't think Hickman gets the last word on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wouldn't say they're going out of their way to not use her. She was in the Empyre: Avengers mini, which clearly shows us they haven't forgotten about her as an Avenger. I know Wanda's role in Empyre wasn't as big as we wanted it to be, but that's just part of the course for many other Avengers characters. Ask Janet van Dyne or Monica Rambeau fans how they feel about their treatment in Marvel Comics right now. I mean, ask Vision fans; he's pretty much on the same boat as Wanda right now. We tend to assume the worst when it comes to our personal favorite characters, but Wanda is not really being treated any different from how other classic Avengers are. It's not really some conspiracy against her specifically. It's just editorial not working harder to give more good content to certain characters.

And I'm still not sure Hickman has this big plan for Wanda some people seem to think. He didn't write Wanda once during his entire Avengers run, which is her turf. Why should I believe he suddenly has all this interest for the character now? And if we are to believe those Bleeding Cool rumors (Marvel thought of retconning the retcon, but preferred to wait for WandaVision before they made any decision), synergy still very much dictates how Marvel does stuff. So I still don't think Hickman gets the last word on this.
    Her recent appearances are all brief with very little dialog. She's basically wallpaper. So I think there are people that want to write Wanda and feature her. There's been writers that have said they had ideas for stories for her but were denied. But whatever is going on, it's severely limited.

Janet is another that they screw over often. They've had two different people replace her as the one that named the Avengers (Voyager in the comics, Carol in the movies). Her role on Avengers has been pretty much forgotten in recent comics despite her having been a founding member, funding the team, chairing them twice, bringing in more female Avengers and of course the naming of the team. There are lots of classic Avengers that aren't used a lot. But especially for characters like Jan, Vision and Wanda they were the most consistent serving Avengers until they were pulled completely from the line. So it's more confusing that they aren't used, than someone like Monica.

I don't think Hickman has a plan for Wanda either. Because most people dream big for Wanda and it never happens. We'll see what they do with Darkhold. But I'm expecting Wanda to go back to limited status after that with no ongoing. Because that's the way it's been for most of the time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, the sooner the better, better dead than dragged through the mud again. Seriously, I kinda hope Darkhold was released as planned, made her drop dead at the end or something(while actually doing somethign cool and meaningful that adds to her own character) and save her some grace by not playing a part in the X-books.
    While I wouldn't want Wanda dead, at the same time, if she went out in a big heroic sacrifice defeating Chthon, which also happened to fix the X-Men's problems like returning the 15.5 million mutants and fixing some of their powers like Cyclops and Rogue's it would be better than the crap she has been going through.

I'm at the point where I don't want her to fix that problem. Especially if she is killed off. Because she shouldn't be sacrificed yet again for the X-Men. If they sacrifice Wanda, have it be for her own purpose. Not to yet again fuel stories for absolutely everyone else. Plus as I've stated, it's been too long and it doesn't matter what she does or doesn't do, some will never forgive her. And I really don't care if they do. I want her being the vehicle for her own stories. And in her own narrative for once. Not being the pathetic catalyst for everyone and everything else.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm at the point where I don't want her to fix that problem. Especially if she is killed off. Because she shouldn't be sacrificed yet again for the X-Men. If they sacrifice Wanda, have it be for her own purpose. Not to yet again fuel stories for absolutely everyone else. Plus as I've stated, it's been too long and it doesn't matter what she does or doesn't do, some will never forgive her. And I really don't care if they do. I want her being the vehicle for her own stories. And in her own narrative for once. Not being the pathetic catalyst for everyone and everything else.
    The problem is that Marvel clearly don't want to fix anything, which is what annoys me. I just want a line drawn under HOM and Decimation and no-one ever looks back. I want Wanda to be herself to have her own stories but that clearly isn't going to happen as long as HOM looms over her

I don't think Hickman has a plan for her, and her use in Empyre X-Men was just a one-time throw away appearance. I also don't think they will turn her back into a mutant or restore her relationship with Magneto.

Marvel's Avengers' Laura Bailey Talks Becoming Black Widow, Wielding Thor's Hammer, Scarlet Witch, and More
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ma...scarlet-witch/

Bailey knocked Widow out of the park, so the question then becomes if she could play another playable hero in the game, who would it be? "Ah, my God. Scarlet Witch, I think she's really awesome," Bailey said. "I mean, I don't know how you would do it, I don't know like, I'm trying to think of what it would be Gameplay-wise."

You can bet fans would love to see Scarlet Witch hit Marvel's Avengers at some point, and fingers crossed it happens sooner than later.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-10-2020 at 09:26 AM.