Page 177 of 271 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4051

She's doing the Bewitched thing of re-arranging the furniture, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Only Pietro. It was him and him alone who asked Wanda to create a reality dominated by mutantkind. Magneto can be blamed for many, but he has absolutely nothing to do with the House of Magnus other than the fact that Wanda, dictated by Pietro, has decided to make him the boss of this reality. Moreover, he was furious when he found out that Pietro had manipulated them both, Wanda and him. Did you forget the "What have you done in my name, boy !!??" ?
    Mags being a bad dad was the precursor to everything in that story. A lot of it was forced. Because he was a bad person to the twins, most of that when he didn't know he was their father. Some of it for sometime after. But in very rare occasions because they hardly ever had any contact. It was most true that Wanda didn't want anything to do with Mags. But they decided for some reason to make that the most important thing in her life in that event. When Wanda wasn't the one with daddy issues. She just moved on without him. Never needing his approval for anything.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's doing the Bewitched thing of re-arranging the furniture, lol.
    That’s what a lot of it looks to me. More Bewitched mixed with Pleasantville. But that wine bottle has a lot of people riled up. Fortunately, I’m also seeing many who are pushing back, explaining how HoM did Wanda dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    That’s what a lot of it looks to me. More Bewitched mixed with Pleasantville. But that wine bottle has a lot of people riled up. Fortunately, I’m also seeing many who are pushing back, explaining how HoM did Wanda dirty.
    I think it's most likely a vague reference. Same with the powers looking like tetris pieces. The MCU has not done an accurate book to movie adaptation yet. They just take some elements, make it similar but put their own twist. And I think it's meant to be closer to The Vision and Vision and the Scarlet Witch than HoM. It's just that HoM is all the general public know of her, because that's all that's ever brought up. Which always puzzles me, because that's one of the few stories that pretty much had nothing to do with her. It's about mutants and the X-Men. Just like AD was about the Avengers. So without meaning it, they just want something that is about everyone else for Wanda's show.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Only Pietro. It was him and him alone who asked Wanda to create a reality dominated by mutantkind. Magneto can be blamed for many, but he has absolutely nothing to do with the House of Magnus other than the fact that Wanda, dictated by Pietro, has decided to make him the boss of this reality. Moreover, he was furious when he found out that Pietro had manipulated them both, Wanda and him. Did you forget the "What have you done in my name, boy !!??" ?
    Pietro’s motivation was to save Wanda from being murdered by the less scrupulous Avengers and X-Men, not take advantage of his sister to take over the world with daddy dearest. Just like with Wanda, it also went against his prior characterization as well.

21F0B9EC-AAC5-42AB-AC96-1E71E9ABE1FA.jpg

Also, it makes Max look egotistical in that he thought that this was all about him and his reputation in the mutant community, instead of Pietro trying to keep Wanda from being murdered when even Max said that it may be the right thing to do. Max murdering Pietro because he didn’t like finding out he wasn’t actually king of the world was what set Wanda off, because there was never a need to murder anyone. Of course, Wanda as we know her would never strike out against an entire race to get back at Max, but again, this story is absolutely awful with characterization.

If this story is going to be fixed, let’s not fall on the old standby of ‘blame Pietro for everything’. The solo did that, and it just made Wanda look like she was incapable of not blaming others for her actions. And if we have to put the blame on someone, why not someone like Chthon?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...er-disney-plus

I don't know if you guys caught this, but when this article was published shortly after the trailer was released, one of the topics was discussing Wanda's powers and they straight up said she was manipulating reality in the trailer. Now I went to check back on the article and that part was completely edited out. Looks like someone made a mistake, or ended up giving away too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...er-disney-plus

I don't know if you guys caught this, but when this article was published shortly after the trailer was released, one of the topics was discussing Wanda's powers and they straight up said she was manipulating reality in the trailer. Now I went to check back on the article and that part was completely edited out. Looks like someone made a mistake, or ended up giving away too much.
    Oh I had read it when it came out, it's true!

Marvel.com also still lists Wanda as a mutant, and calls her a slur. I would not take much stock in what they put on there. Because they are not handling the shows, just like they don't handle the comics and make frequent mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel.com also still lists Wanda as a mutant, and calls her a slur. I would not take much stock in what they put on there. Because they are not handling the shows, just like they don't handle the comics and make frequent mistakes.
    Well, due to that I didn't think much of them mentioning reality manipulation, but the fact that they removed it might mean something, like that someone above told them to edit it out.

Extraordinary Member

Technically she kinda scanned everyone's mind and give what they want.
    It's Pietro's suggestion to give what everyone wanted yes, but the content is still in everyone's brain.
    And Magneto's wish, no matter he was aware himself or not, is the main set piece of HoM reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, due to that I didn't think much of them mentioning reality manipulation, but the fact that they removed it might mean something, like that someone above told them to edit it out.
    We honestly don't know. It could be a mistake or spoiler. But we'll get to know soon enough. My main wish is Wanda comes out of this on top and with a bright future.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The trailer looks really good; some fun and scary moments. The only thing that worries me is seeing Wanda manipulating the room; brings back a lot of bad memories
    I kinda see it as the reference to Agatha teaching Wanda to make furniture literally walk on itself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I will not feel sorry for saying that I don't think the headpiece in her Halloween costume looks bad and that I think her next costume needs to incorporate some version of it. Haha.

I am so pumped for this and cannot wait to see what this show has to offer.
    They certainly need to change the material.

Extraordinary Member

I always felt that previous MCU movies were all about making Wanda their Jean Grey and that didn't help me appreciate the MCU version of Wanda (especially since I really like Jean so I was afraid of what the MCU might have in store for her (and I was also very scared of a good chunk of the fandom who hadn't read the X-Men comics, or seen the movies, and would harass Jean's upcoming actress as the character would have "stolen" Wanda's powers and hair color (which is rather the reverse, but that was Feige's fault, not Wanda's character)) so I'm delighted that Wanda is finally becoming the Scarlet Witch and becoming finally her own character. I hope her hair turns brown again before Jean's adaptation

But that didn't mean I found Wanda completely uninteresting. She had her own storylines, but the cosplay aspect was blocking me

Otherwise, I'm surprisingly hyped for this show. I mainly intended to watch FATWS, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye, but this trailer promises a lot of good things
    Well, MCU Wanda's power looked more like energy manipulation which caused indirectly TK than straight out TK. Anyway I don't find her Jean Grey-ish other than red hair(which I don't like, always prefer brown to black hair color for her). Also she is always her own character, I mean, a character is more than his/her power set, one major difference as everyone can see is that she is in Avengers, an entirely different groups from X-Men, the interpersonal relationships are fundamentally different. It's not like they throw her into the typical mutant school drama or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good lord, so they are making her crazy here too? I dont know how to feel about WandaVision. It eerily reminds me of HOM. I'll wait to pass judegement but I hope losing Vision didnt cause her to crack and create this false reality for her to cope with things
    I find it more like The Vision and the Scarlet Witch meets Pleasant Hill, I tend not to give everything reality warping related to HoM since well, it's not Bendis who did this kind of stuff first with Wanda.
    He is just the most overdramatic one and thus the most famous. I won't mind if she is warping reality on herself, as long as the story is actually about herself.
    And her supporting characters and villains are given proper roles in this.