Page 188 of 271 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I could see Agatha being controled by Nightmare just like Wanda, but Agatha has managed to weaken his control on her, to teach Wanda magic so Wanda would be powerful enough to fight Nightmare when the time comes.
    Not a fan of Nightmare really, but Aggie should get her proper role.

I'd much rather have Mephisto than Nightmare. Mephisto has an important connection to the twins. They'd be actually using him based on an actual story about Wanda from the comics. Nightmare would be just about using the show to build up Doctor Strange.

Deepest Shade Of Scarlet TheInfinityKillingJoke's Avatar

Am I 'wrong' in saying that House of M is the best Scarlet Witch comic?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfinityKillingJoke View Post
    There's no such thing as "wrong" when it comes to liking something.

As you probably know, many people don't like it because Wanda isn't in it very much and for the few pages she is in it, she's not really recognizable as the character from 1964-2004 (e.g. she suddenly would do anything for Magneto's love and she suddenly has an uncontrollable power after decades of working to control it). That, too, is an opinion, though, it's not "right."

Right, it was one of my first reads in terms of comics. Plus I felt it was more of a soft reboot of sorts so a first time reader wouldn't even notice the discrepancies.

Last edited by juan678; 10-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Right, it was one of my first reads in terms of comics. Plus I felt it was more of a soft reboot of sorts so a first time reader wouldn't even notice the discrepancies.
    It was one of my first reads as well and all I kinda loved it.
    And now I understand what this character was like pre-AD/HoM and the reason why I don't get much content post-AD/HoM. I fucking loathe it, probably way more than I would have if I am an actual "old fan".
    It makes me feel kinda stupid for swallowing **** like this.

Objectively speaking, what makes something the best? How deeply it defines the character? How it benefit the character in terms of prominence. House of M IMO just fails in too many department to become a candidate for the best.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'd much rather have Mephisto than Nightmare. Mephisto has an important connection to the twins. They'd be actually using him based on an actual story about Wanda from the comics. Nightmare would be just about using the show to build up Doctor Strange.
    I honestly don't care for Mephisto either, especially with his overused state. He just doesn't feel unique.

House of M is the worst thing ever done to Wanda. It is a total character assassination. You are not a real Scarlet Witch fan if you like it. Are you trolling the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    House of M is the worst thing ever done to Wanda. It is a total character assassination. You are not a real Scarlet Witch fan if you like it. Are you trolling the thread?
    Yes, hahahaha. It was one of the few comics I have read and i'm starting to get into comics so I haven't explored pre-Avengers Disassembled Wanda much. Before I really began to get into comics as of recently, I would just check out whatever had an interesting cover at a local library every now and then (pre-COVID of course).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I honestly don't care for Mephisto either, especially with his overused state. He just doesn't feel unique.

He has no real personal connection to Wanda, whereas Chthon is deeply invested in Wanda and unique to her. Because he created Chaos Magic, Wanda overcoming and defeating him is a real personal triumph for her, and a disaster for him. For Vision as well, Chthon is deeply personal.

For Chthon, the stakes are high, for Mephisto or Nightmare, its just for the Lolz.

With Nightmare and Mephisto, they are villains for other characters, not Wanda. They are, put bluntly, Nothingburgers.

If the villain is in Doctor Strange, it means it has to be Doctor Strange who defeats him, which makes Wanda look like a useless, inept heroine a la Hickman, and means her "story" is just a prologue for someone else's story. Sit through 6 hours and then be told, "sorry! No resolution, you're gonna have to see the upcoming movie!"

Agatha teaching Wanda witchcraft is about empowerment, making Wanda's understanding of her powers a negative arc would be, to me, utterly obnoxious, and vaguely misogynistic.

Also, making two female characters into villains would not be good optics for Marvel Studios.
    Last edited by Relugus; 10-03-2020 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Added

It's not the best Wanda comic, but considered a good story for mutants. Wanda isn't in it a lot and what is there isn't very accurate to the character. And it trashed her, forced her out of comics for several years. She's never gotten back her status on the main Avengers team. So it was devastating to the character, her legacy and her fans.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yes, hahahaha. It was one of the few comics I have read and i'm starting to get into comics so I haven't explored pre-Avengers Disassembled Wanda much. Before I really began to get into comics as of recently, I would just check out whatever had an interesting cover at a local library every now and then (pre-COVID of course).
    I see the problem for new readers for this, because most of Wanda's tales are in a clump of Avengers comics that are very difficult to collect and read. It took me a lot of years to read the Avengers back log and I started reading in the 90s. It's very inaccessible.

There are comics that the most important stuff happens that can be recommended and they do have those on Amazon, Comixology and Marvel Unlimited.

The pre-Disassembled check list is here: https://uncannyxmen.net/node/5835/page/0/9

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    That's not a fair accusation. Anyone that likes Wanda is a fan. And everyone gets into comics differently. Starting out means that a person is not gonna know enough about the character. It's best to accept people with open arms and give recommendations.

Yeah... it's not fair to say "you're not a real Scarlet Witch fan" when she's probably getting new fans or fans from the MCU who only know HoM and nothing more

People who tend to like the Scarlet Witch in HoM are because of her Godly powers in that story

But hey, i think she will get tons of new fans (she already got them like we never thought she would)

And new ones will come especially with the hype that WandaVision is getting with videos like this

We all know the series will have nothing to do with HoM and they will probably do what they did with Civil War (take some things and change everything)
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-03-2020 at 08:28 PM.