Page 189 of 271 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    And new ones will come especially with the hype that WandaVision is getting with videos like this

We all know the series will have nothing to do with HoM and they will probably do what they did with Civil War (take some things and change everything)
    CBR wishes. Now they should really know better and more about the character. But unfortunately got bought out and lost all knowledge of comics, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfinityKillingJoke View Post
    Am I 'wrong' in saying that House of M is the best Scarlet Witch comic?
    Yes you are, House of M isn't even a good story

The first look at the merch of the WandaVision's T-Shirts has been revealed on Amazon

The one with the Bewitched aesthetic looks so cute

It's the Halloween vibes for me

Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-04-2020 at 05:33 AM.

The Bewitched/Costumed image is very cute

The first look at the merch of the WandaVision's T-Shirts has been revealed on Amazon

I previously posted spoilers saying that Wanda was living in a town called Westview.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

The Halloween one is the best one. I wish it was coming out this month. I’m binging scary movies this month, and I like the spooky vibe it has so far.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Shame my idea didn't get picked

I'm literally shocked that two of the more "D-list" characters who were and are still generally regarded as "supporting figures" on various Avengers teams are literally now the most famous pair in the MCU. When I read about them in the 90s, Wanda and Vision were sort of obscure superheroes and usually put in the background. To see them rise to such prominence is a huge surprise to me. I will be candid when I say that I flatly did NOT believe that Marvel Studios could adapt their romance into their movies and shows. I just felt it was too silly and outlandish a concept to be portrayed. I was happy to be proven wrong. I think the show IS risky because it will be really different from what the MCU has offered previously. It has been said that "traditional Disney fare has been, for the most part, formulaic and stylistically predictable (which isn't to say it isn't entertaining or exciting) because it's effective for large swaths of its audience base." But I think it's an even BIGGER risk for Marvel Studios to keep pumping out similar products and hoping for general audiences not to get tired of them. So I agree with what Feige and Co. are doing. I actually have a lot of confidence in WandaVision, and I think it WILL be successful (Of course, it won't be everybody's cup of tea, and that's fine. People have different tastes).

One thing nobody talks about in this thread that is really important to ME is the music for this show. I've said many times before, I've found the scores and soundtracks to the MCU movies to be largely forgettable and uninspiring. I can't even think of one tune I could hum from the movies. And you don't see many people online clamoring for original songs in the MCU to be played at their weddings and funerals. And up to this day, I don't hear any MCU music played on classical music stations. So I'm hoping Christophe Beck does a great job. Because if there are going to be poignant and emotional moments in WandaVision, you have to match them with quality music. And I'm hoping they don't rely TOO much on electronic music either. Synthesizers can be great, but you can't depend on them entirely for TV shows in my opinion. I know it's a little bit more expensive to hire professional musicians in a full orchestra, but Disney has deep pockets. They should spend some money on that. Music CAN tell stories just as much as words can. And I do believe that Wanda and Vision deserve a great theme that is written JUST for them.

I do have serious concerns for Dr. Strange 2 though. I don't like the fact that they changed writers and directors. That's always a bad sign. And I'm worried that it's gonna fall into the EXACT same trap that other movie sequels have fallen into. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Iron Man 2, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Spider-Man 3 were all "middle" sequels. And quite a few people said they were inferior to their predecessors and their successors. And one reason is that they were too busy worried about "world-building" for FUTURE films. And with "world-building" comes a slew of new characters that pile into two and a half hour films. Then things get messy. Especially when you have to explain complex ideas like "multiverses". I'm hearing there's gonna be like roughly a thousand new superheroes and supervillains (and alternate versions of them as cameos) being introduced into the Multiverse of Madness. Kind of makes me wonder if Stephen Strange is even gonna make an appearance in his OWN movie. Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Spider-Man 2 WORKED because they were were less concerned with all that stuff and told stories that were more grounded and simple (which is an approach I prefer). High expectations can be great, but there are greater chances of people being disappointed too. I'm not worried about WandaVision because the build-up was slow and anticipation grew over time. And it WILL be unique. And after viewing that trailer, I believe Vision is going to be a goner after this series. I definitely WOULD love to see more of Mr. Jennifer Connelly (oops, I meant Paul Bettany) in the future, but him not being mentioned in future Phase 4 projects after WandaVision is a VERY bad sign to me. That's why I'm hoping Vision gets the proper send-off he deserves in his own show. And I think he will get one too. Not sure about Pietro anymore. It would make sense for him to show up, but if Vision dies, Wanda will have to say goodbye TWICE to people she cares about in six hours. That could be overkill. I finally saw that audition tape about Billy and Tommy, and though it does sound like Uncle Quicksilver will be there, they also talked a bit about 9/11. Why the hell would Disney have one of its Marvel shows discuss THAT subject? It doesn't fit to me. And the thing is, Vision can feasibly be rebuilt using technology. Pietro can't. So if Quicksilver will show up, he will most likely be fake. Which I think would be an insult to that character.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-06-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm literally shocked that two of the more "D-list" characters who were and are still generally regarded as "supporting figures" on various Avengers teams are literally now the most famous pair in the MCU. When I read about them in the 90s, Wanda and Vision were sort of obscure superheroes and usually put in the background. To see them rise to such prominence is a huge surprise to me. I will be candid when I say that I flatly did NOT believe that Marvel Studios could adapt their romance into their movies and shows. I just felt it was too silly and outlandish a concept to be portrayed. I was happy to be proven wrong. I think the show IS risky because it will be really different from what the MCU has offered previously. It has been said that "traditional Disney fare has been, for the most part, formulaic and stylistically predictable (which isn't to say it isn't entertaining or exciting) because it's effective for large swaths of its audience base." But I think it's an even BIGGER risk for Marvel Studios to keep pumping out similar products and hoping for general audiences not to get tired of them. So I agree with what Feige and Co. are doing. I actually have a lot of confidence in WandaVision, and I think it WILL be successful (Of course, it won't be everybody's cup of tea, and that's fine. People have different tastes).

One thing nobody talks about in this thread that is really important to ME is the music for this show. I've said many times before, that I've found the scores and soundtracks to the MCU movies to be largely forgettable and uninspiring. I can't even think of one tune I could hum from the movies. And you don't see many people online clamoring for original songs in the MCU to be played at their weddings and funerals. And up to this day, I don't hear any MCU music played on classical music stations. So I'm hoping Christophe Beck does a great job. Because if there are going to be poignant and emotional moments in WandaVision, you have to match them with quality music. And I'm hoping they don't rely TOO much on electronic music either. I know it's a little bit more expensive to hire professional musicians in a full orchestra, but Disney has deep pockets. They should spend some money on that. Music CAN tell stories just as much as words can. And I do believe that Wanda and Vision deserve a great theme that is written JUST for them.

I do have serious concerns for Dr. Strange 2 though. I don't like the fact that they changed writers and directors. That's always a bad sign. And I'm worried that it's gonna fall into the EXACT same trap that other movie sequels have fallen into. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Iron Man 2, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Spider-Man 3 were all "middle" sequels. And quite a few people said they were inferior to their predecessors and their successors. And one reason is that they were too busy worried about "world-building" for FUTURE films. And with "world-building" comes a slew of new characters that pile into two and a half hour films. Then things get messy. Especially when you have to explain complex ideas like "multiverses". I'm hearing there's gonna be like roughly a thousand new superheroes and supervillains (and alternate versions of them as cameos) being introduced into the Multiverse of Madness. Kind of makes me wonder if Stephen Strange is even gonna make an appearance in his OWN movie. Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Spider-Man 2 WORKED because they were were less concerned with all that stuff and told stories that were more grounded and simple (which is an approach I prefer). High expectations can be great, but there are greater chances of people being disappointed too. I'm not worried about WandaVision because the build-up was slow and anticipation grew over time. And it WILL be unique. And after viewing that trailer, I believe Vision is going to be a goner after this series. I definitely WOULD love to see more of Mr. Jennifer Connelly (oops, I meant Paul Bettany) in the future, but him not being mentioned in future Phase 4 projects after WandaVision is a VERY bad sign to me. That's why I'm hoping Vision gets the proper send-off he deserves in his own show. And I think he will get one too. Not sure about Pietro anymore. It would make sense for him to show up, but if Vision dies, Wanda will have to say goodbye TWICE to people she cares about in six hours. That could be overkill. I finally saw that audition tape about Billy and Tommy, and though it does sound like Uncle Quicksilver will be there, they also talked a bit about 9/11. Why the hell would Disney have one of its Marvel shows discuss THAT subject? It doesn't fit to me. And the thing is, Vision can feasibly be rebuilt using technology. Pietro can't. So if Quicksilver will show up, he will most likely be fake. Which I think would be an insult to that character.
    I don't know about D-list. They weren't always front and center but were the most consistent serving Avengers and reached a certain level of popularity in the 70s and 80s.

I don't worry about sequels. Most of those listed were by other studios or way in Marvel Studios infancy. We don't even know enough about Doctor Strange 2 to be worried. The only real and present worry is when we can get past the Covid stuff so life can get back where it should be and entertainment can resume.

Vision is possibly still dead in the show, so we don't know if he'll stay dead or come back. Audition tapes rarely have the same things as the scripts. We don't know if Pietro will be in it. There's been no sights on set, and everything stated by other sites is just rumor mill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know about D-list. They weren't always front and center but were the most consistent serving Avengers and reached a certain level of popularity in the 70s and 80s.

I don't worry about sequels. Most of those listed were by other studios or way in Marvel Studios infancy. We don't even know enough about Doctor Strange 2 to be worried. The only real and present worry is when we can get past the Covid stuff so life can get back where it should be and entertainment can resume.

Vision is possibly still dead in the show, so we don't know if he'll stay dead or come back. Audition tapes rarely have the same things as the scripts. We don't know if Pietro will be in it. There's been no sights on set, and everything stated by other sites is just rumor mill stuff.
    Maybe D-list is too strong a word. I just remember Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and She-Hulk getting lots of "page time". But Vision and Wanda were always there, that's true. I still have some worries about the Multiverse of Madness, but I agree Marvel Studios are getting better at their movies. As I said, the music in them leaves a lot to be desired. In my view, there's only been slight improvements there. I was just actually thinking maybe Disney could have gotten Eddie Van Halen to play some new licks for their movies, but I was really sorry to hear of his passing today. Again, sub-par (in my view) musical soundtracks haven't prevented the MCU from being massively successful. I just think that better ORIGINAL songs would elevate their films and shows, but that's just me. I mean, I still enjoy listening to the original Chrono Trigger soundtrack up to this day because it's just so good. And I'm not really a gamer either! A mystical, "Eastern European" theme for Wanda would make a lot of sense in my opinion. But with Olsen acting like herself (a SoCal valley girl), that would not fit with her portrayal of the character. Again, let's hope Christophe Beck does a great job.

Do you really believe Vision is dead in the show? I tend to think NOT. I think he is real. Why the heck would Wanda "dream up" such a bizarre conversation between Vision and Agatha Harkness? I find that odd. Lots of things surprised me in that trailer. I thought no way in HELL were Vision and Wanda gonna suck face because hers would be smeared with make-up. I think this is one of the few times where the male co-lead has more make-up on than the female co-lead. I'm just happy Vision is in his android most of the time. That just makes things more weird and messed up. I don't recall the Vision and Scarlet Witch series being particularly ominous or tense, but the Vision series was. So I think the show will be slightly more influenced by King's and Walta's book. Now that I'm more familiar with the books involved, I'm surprised that people would even respond so positively to the Vision solo series. I didn't find it to be very superhero-y at all. It's more like a horror/thriller series than anything else. And kind of QUIET. I'm amazed that the NEW YORKER of all publications published a review about the series. I think Wanda will play the role of Vision on TV that he was in the books. And there will be strong familial vibes throughout. Which would be the first time the MCU ever focused on the personal lives of their superheroes in any meaningful way. I also think they won't make Wanda go down the "hysterical woman" route. I've noticed a LOT of female fans of the comic books strongly object to that old trope. Jac Schaeffer doesn't seem like a person who likes that idea. And by the way, do you still think I'm a mansplainer? You can't possibly believe that! I'm not patronizing and condescending towards women at all!

I'm going on him being dead based on what Agatha says in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm going on him being dead based on what Agatha says in the trailer.
    Hold on a sec. You think WandaVision will actually be derivative of the "Sixth Sense"? And Agatha "I see dead people" Harkness will possibly be one of the few people outside of Wanda's family who can detect him? That's very interesting! I think WandaVision will be be accused of copying another movie if they go this route. I personally believe that somehow Wanda gets her hands on a Mind Stone and gives it to Vision. His affection toward her will return, but his memories won't. A slight variation to the "Vision Quest". At the end, I think the Mind Stone will have to be returned to its original location, and Vision will "die" again. I'm not sure how the twins come into the picture however.

I'm actually a little bit surprised Olsen is not promoting and plugging WandaVision more. This could be the literal pinnacle of her career, and you just hear crickets from her. I would be so excited to talk about this project if I were her. I was thinking perhaps Cruelrain or other folks on social media could ask Lizzy some questions when she takes part in a virtual panel later this month:

https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guest...lizabeth-Olsen

I'm not on social media so I can't do any of that!

Oh, and I just wanted to follow-up on my earlier comments on feminism. I actually don't have anything against women's liberation. It's part of our history. And I totally agreed with the bra burners complaints about women being judged by their APPEARANCE as opposed to their actions and character. I think the idea of beauty contests is absolutely ludicrous and should be left in the past. I just thought the whole thing about bras being burned in trash cans to be very amusing. Those feminists certainly did succeed in bringing attention to their cause that way. I was hoping WandaVision would portray changes in American societal norms throughout the show. Whereas Wanda starts off as a housewife, then later has a career, and becomes a working mom as each sitcom era passes by Mary Tyler Moore style. But I guess there's probably not enough time for that. Clearly Mary Tyler Moore will be influencing Wanda's portrayal of domestic home life. But in many ways, Moore's life was pretty tragic. How she reacted to those who expressed sympathy for the untimely death of her son touched my heart. She was a really brave and classy person.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe D-list is too strong a word. I just remember Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and She-Hulk getting lots of "page time". But Vision and Wanda were always there, that's true. I still have some worries about the Multiverse of Madness, but I agree Marvel Studios are getting better at their movies. As I said, the music in them leaves a lot to be desired. In my view, there's only been slight improvements there. I was just actually thinking maybe Disney could have gotten Eddie Van Halen to play some new licks for their movies, but I was really sorry to hear of his passing today. Again, sub-par (in my view) musical soundtracks haven't prevented the MCU from being massively successful. I just think that better ORIGINAL songs would elevate their films and shows, but that's just me. I mean, I still enjoy listening to the original Chrono Trigger soundtrack up to this day because it's just so good. And I'm not really a gamer either! A mystical, "Eastern European" theme for Wanda would make a lot of sense in my opinion. But with Olsen acting like herself (a SoCal valley girl), that would not fit with her portrayal of the character. Again, let's hope Christophe Beck does a great job.

Do you really believe Vision is dead in the show? I tend to think NOT. I think he is real. Why the heck would Wanda "dream up" such a bizarre conversation between Vision and Agatha Harkness? I find that odd. Lots of things surprised me in that trailer. I thought no way in HELL were Vision and Wanda gonna suck face because hers would be smeared with make-up. I think this is one of the few times where the male co-lead has more make-up on than the female co-lead. I'm just happy Vision is in his android most of the time. That just makes things more weird and messed up. I don't recall the Vision and Scarlet Witch series being particularly ominous or tense, but the Vision series was. So I think the show will be slightly more influenced by King's and Walta's book. Now that I'm more familiar with the books involved, I'm surprised that people would even respond so positively to the Vision solo series. I didn't find it to be very superhero-y at all. It's more like a horror/thriller series than anything else. And kind of QUIET. I'm amazed that the NEW YORKER of all publications published a review about the series. I think Wanda will play the role of Vision on TV that he was in the books. And there will be strong familial vibes throughout. Which would be the first time the MCU ever focused on the personal lives of their superheroes in any meaningful way. I also think they won't make Wanda go down the "hysterical woman" route. I've noticed a LOT of female fans of the comic books strongly object to that old trope. Jac Schaeffer doesn't seem like a person who likes that idea. And by the way, do you still think I'm a mansplainer? You can't possibly believe that! I'm not patronizing and condescending towards women at all!
    Well, Wanda and Vision still are the top 10 most appearing Avengers even after their massive absence after 2005, more so than like half of the characters you list.(Others who made it into top 10 are Thor, CA, IM, Wasp, Hank Pym). Hulk isn't even in Avengers that much, he is functionally a founding member in name only and he only rejoins the team on a regular basis after the Avengers movie.(Which is also why I really don't like other media treat Hulk and Black Widow as "default choices" for a roster.)

I am guy and I still hate this trope on Wanda, it's not really about the trope itself, I tolerate Harley Quinn very well.
    It's just that she was not really that way until Byrne and Bendis did their thing, there are so many more characters traits and nuances to her and House of M made it the only thing that mattered to the new fans.
    I think new female fans would probably be more aware of this issue than male fans. In the end it's about realizing what is not actually good for the character and see this stuff beyond the general hype.

I think you're overreacting. Wanda and Vision are/were more like B-list Avengers in the comics, and are still very much the same in the MCU. Yeah they're getting their own show, but they aren't and are not gonna be Cap/Thor/IM level. And one of the show's inspirations are the Vision & The Scarlet Witch books... That were released on said era that you're talking about.

I guess my point here is that they're being treated on an appropriate level to their popularity/prominency. If anything, the way they're treated by current Marvel editorial is the worst in comparison to the MCU and oldschool Avengers comics.