Page 19 of 271 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That certainly gives the show title a different perspective...
    It has so many possible meanings and I think it's all on purpose.

Wanda and Vision

Wanda Vision(as in her married name)

Wanda's vision(as in her vision of a happy life)

Wanda + Television(because it's inspired by classic TV sitcoms)

removed

/10 char
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-02-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If Wanda is living at the Vision residence, does that make her name Wanda Vision?
    Maybe in the movie-verse? But keep in mind a lot that is shown is likely not real. It could be just illusion. In comics she didn't have any last name while married to Vision. Because she said that since he didn't have a last name, she wouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I mean comic series wise, remember when they almost forgot to give Wanda a solo until Robinson reminded them of it?
    I don't think that is how that happened. Robinson just pitched it and they accepted. She doesn't have a solo now, and I'm betting it's just because no one has pitched a new one.

The show reminds me a lot of Tom King’s Vision, except instead of Vision making his ideal family, Wanda’s making it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vision’s not even alive, she’s just projecting him or something.

I still think it's someone messing with her. Because it ties into Doctor Strange 2, and it was described that we'd learn how she becomes the Scarlet Witch. Having her descend into a HoM type madness doesn't suit that. And it'd feel cheesy for her go from that to helping Strange.

Maybe she goes to Dr Strange to help control/manage the new found powers she discovers in WandaVision. Save the HoM for her final film.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Maybe she goes to Dr Strange to help control/manage the new found powers she discovers in WandaVision. Save the HoM for her final film.
    Also, would not make sense with Agatha there. Because that's the person that taught her to control her powers. Save HoM for never. It wrecked her character. I wish that story would burn and fall away from existence.

Yes, I don’t know much about Wanda’s backstory but the films are an adaption and might play with things. Agatha could be handled differently than how she was in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Yes, I don’t know much about Wanda’s backstory but the films are an adaption and might play with things. Agatha could be handled differently than how she was in the comics.
    She might, but I'd prefer if Wanda had her support characters and her own story in tact for the most part. She won't get the chances that Spider-man or Batman get. So this is her chance.

Official synopsis via Newsarama:

WANDAVISION

Marvel Studios’ “WandaVision” blends the style of classic sitcoms with the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany)—two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems. The new series is directed by Matt Shakman; Jac Schaeffer is head writer. Debuts on Disney+ this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Maybe in the movie-verse? But keep in mind a lot that is shown is likely not real. It could be just illusion. In comics she didn't have any last name while married to Vision. Because she said that since he didn't have a last name, she wouldn't either.
    I think it's the same logic they went with on the Vision comic, where you had "Virginia Vision", "Viv Vision", and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's the same logic they went with on the Vision comic, where you had "Virginia Vision", "Viv Vision", and etc.
    Maybe since they said it's a mash up between Vision and Vision and the Scarlet Witch.

This is the series I’m most excited about. Wanda’s my favourite character in the MCU and, although she’s had some epic moments in the movies, it’ll be nice to see her standing virtually on her own. This is her story, she’s not supporting other heroes or acting as wallpaper to fill a battle scene. I think her growing exposure (her battles in Edinburgh and Wakanda as well as single-handedly taking on Thanos) have all been leading to a starring role like this. I hated the title in the beginning but now having seen the clips and what others have thought, it has multiple meanings.

I don’t mind if this is Wanda’s powers trying time protect her from her own grief. I just don’t want the MCU to fall into the same trap as the comics and have her solely defined by mental breakdowns (it’s what almost every writer uses her for when she’s at the core of the story). If Wanda’s projecting this world, I’m okay with it. Although it’ll be jarring if she makes a perfect world and Pietro isn’t in it. His death was the start of her trauma.

The synopsis makes me think this isn’t her doing though, consciously or subconsciously. Colour me intrigued.

In Lizzie I trust.

Yeah it's weird for Pietro not to be there, but the actor did say he wouldn't be reprising the role anytime soon. So that's kind of the problem that movies have that comics don't. It's dependent on contracts, agents and all that.