Page 190 of 271 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Hold on a sec. You think WandaVision will actually be derivative of the "Sixth Sense"? And Agatha "I see dead people" Harkness will possibly be one of the few people outside of Wanda's family who can detect him? That's very interesting! I think WandaVision will be be accused of copying another movie if they go this route. I personally believe that somehow Wanda gets her hands on a Mind Stone and gives it to Vision. His affection toward her will return, but his memories won't. A slight variation to the "Vision Quest". At the end, I think the Mind Stone will have to be returned to its original location, and Vision will "die" again. I'm not sure how the twins come into the picture however.

I'm actually a little bit surprised Olsen is not promoting and plugging WandaVision more. This could be the literal pinnacle of her career, and you just hear crickets from her. I would be so excited to talk about this project if I were her. I was thinking perhaps Cruelrain or other folks on social media could ask Lizzy some questions when she takes part in a virtual panel later this month:

https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guest...lizabeth-Olsen

I'm not on social media so I can't do any of that!

Oh, and I just wanted to follow-up on my earlier comments on feminism. I actually don't have anything against women's liberation. It's part of our history. And I totally agreed with the bra burners complaints about women being judged by their APPEARANCE as opposed to their actions and character. I think the idea of beauty contests is absolutely ludicrous and should be left in the past. I just thought the whole thing about bras being burned in trash cans to be very amusing. Those feminists certainly did succeed in bringing attention to their cause that way. I was hoping WandaVision would portray changes in American societal norms throughout the show. Whereas Wanda starts off as a housewife, then later has a career, and becomes a working mom as each sitcom era passes by Mary Tyler Moore style. But I guess there's probably not enough time for that. Clearly Mary Tyler Moore will be influencing Wanda's portrayal of domestic home life. But in many ways, Moore's life was pretty tragic. How she reacted to those who expressed sympathy for the untimely death of her son touched my heart. She was a really brave and classy person.
    I think Agatha is just outside of whatever this fake world is. And it could be created by someone other than Wanda. There's no way to really know, but given Vision was never brought back in previous showings, this might be the way he comes back.

We'll see what different eras do to the characters and their roles. I can't wait to see it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Agatha is just outside of whatever this fake world is. And it could be created by someone other than Wanda. There's no way to really know, but given Vision was never brought back in previous showings, this might be the way he comes back.

We'll see what different eras do to the characters and their roles. I can't wait to see it.
    I agree, I see Agatha as a possible bridge between the real and fake worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're overreacting. Wanda and Vision are/were more like B-list Avengers in the comics, and are still very much the same in the MCU. Yeah they're getting their own show, but they aren't and are not gonna be Cap/Thor/IM level. And one of the show's inspirations are the Vision & The Scarlet Witch books... That were released on said era that you're talking about.

I guess my point here is that they're being treated on an appropriate level to their popularity/prominency. If anything, the way they're treated by current Marvel editorial is the worst in comparison to the MCU and oldschool Avengers comics.
    I agree, Wanda and Vision are B-List characters.

I need to have this Scarlet Witch toy lol

McDonald's promo

Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-07-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, Wanda and Vision still are the top 10 most appearing Avengers even after their massive absence after 2005, more so than like half of the characters you list.(Others who made it into top 10 are Thor, CA, IM, Wasp, Hank Pym). Hulk isn't even in Avengers that much, he is functionally a founding member in name only and he only rejoins the team on a regular basis after the Avengers movie.(Which is also why I really don't like other media treat Hulk and Black Widow as "default choices" for a roster.)

I am guy and I still hate this trope on Wanda, it's not really about the trope itself, I tolerate Harley Quinn very well.
    It's just that she was not really that way until Byrne and Bendis did their thing, there are so many more characters traits and nuances to her and House of M made it the only thing that mattered to the new fans.
    I think new female fans would probably be more aware of this issue than male fans. In the end it's about realizing what is not actually good for the character and see this stuff beyond the general hype.
    I don't have any problems with Harley Quinn going "crazy" on people either. I understand her motivations. She got her ass dumped. That made her sad. Now she wants to **** up some people in retaliation. I find the whole woman scorned thing to be acceptable because it is all in good fun (in my opinion). It's just that when Wanda Maximoff and Jean Grey go crazy and kill a bunch of people it indicates that the female mind is incapable of handling great power and responsibility. This is a problem dudes like Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Magneto, Thor, and Professor X don't have to deal with. Their minds are apparently as strong as steel. So the double standards are glaring. Fortunately, more and more people are objecting to it and I don't think this will be a problem in WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're overreacting. Wanda and Vision are/were more like B-list Avengers in the comics, and are still very much the same in the MCU. Yeah they're getting their own show, but they aren't and are not gonna be Cap/Thor/IM level. And one of the show's inspirations are the Vision & The Scarlet Witch books... That were released on said era that you're talking about.

I guess my point here is that they're being treated on an appropriate level to their popularity/prominency. If anything, the way they're treated by current Marvel editorial is the worst in comparison to the MCU and oldschool Avengers comics.
    You know what, you're right! I think I did get carried away here. I just the whole massive viewership of that trailer and the tons of comments on it led me to believe that Wanda and Vision have become A-list. Thinking about it now, these two don't have much competition when it comes to other superheroes being promoted and lots of people are at home instead of work watching that video (more so than would be the case if there was no Covid-19). So yeah, I would say they're B-list for sure. But apparently in the comic books now, they're actually Z-list. Which is really weird because I don't think they're gonna be more popular than they are now in the public eye. I'm actually surprised Marvel Comics haven't decided to publish new Wanda and Vision solo series'. And I agree with you, Wanda and Vision will never be as popular as Captain America, Thor, or Iron Man (and we can forget about comparing them to Wolverine and Spider-Man). But I DO think they are "overachieving" to a certain extent because both of these characters are noted for being "weird" and really different from the other superheroes out there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-07-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

I'm also really looking forward to how the characters change as each as each decade passes by. Almost exciting as Wanda learning about her powers. I actually think Vision resembles Dr. Robert Hartley from the Bob Newhart Show more than Rob Petrie from the Dick Van Dyke Show. I think it's because of that hat. He's a real square.

I do think sitcoms reflect changes in the broader culture. The Mary Tyler Moore show was really groundbreaking because its central female character was not married or dependent on a man. A revolutionary concept for American television in the 1970s. Of course, Wanda will be married, but I have a feeling she will NOT be dependent on Vision. I recall reading about how Vice-President Quayle lambasted Murphy Brown (Candice Bergen) in the 1990s for bearing a child out of wedlock on that show and the resulting national debate (some say uproar) about family values it caused. I think WandaVision will follow the "traditional" family sitcom structure of making Wanda a wife and mother even into the 2000s (along the lines of Roseanne Conner and/or Peggy Bundy minus the raunchiness). But she will be an independent person throughout.

I also have a personal interest in having Wanda be influenced by Mary Tyler Moore. The TV theme song for the Mary Tyler Moore Show, "Love Is All Around", is one of my all-time favorites. It would be so great if WandaVision incorporates it into the show (lots of positive energy in the lyrics and the melody is gorgeous)!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNKOt2k7Pm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_SvOPSfJc

As I said previously, I hope Christophe Beck writes an awesome theme for Wanda for this show, and it gets used again for her in future movies and shows. I would really like that. I know you and other posters on this thread probably don't care about that kind of thing, but I think it would be really cool.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-07-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Alleged WandaVision Leaks Reveal A Doctor Strange Cameo
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...strange-cameo/

We'll see if 4chan is right this time. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. The enjoyed as a child thing still doesn't work for me. Especially since even in foreign syndication, some of that wouldn't be shown for her to have experienced that herself. But Marvel probably didn't think of that. The theory has a huge flaw too that Wanda goes from earlier in the theory of accidentally creating this pocket universe to then later creating it on purpose. This reads like their WoW expac theories that were all false, lol. The fact that it uses information from Grace (refuses to be corrected by the actual directors of movies) Randolph doesn't help it any. But I will wait and see.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I agree, Wanda and Vision are B-List characters.
    I agree with the B-list designation, but I don't think that's necessarily a BAD thing. I listened to a podcast recently, and it was stated on it that there were certain characters (like Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Dr. Doom and Magneto) who have such a high profile that creators can't really CHANGE them. They always revert back to their archetypes. Writers and artists CAN'T take huge creative risks with famous superheroes and supervillains because they don't want to alienate longtime readers and large fanbases by altering what made them so compelling in the first place. But the Vision, a more obscure character, is somebody you DEFINITELY can get experimental with without worrying about antagonizing anybody. There certainly is a degree of freedom that you have with characters who aren't really fleshed out and don't have a big readership, and comic book writers and artists can be permitted to take them into new directions and (possibly) make them more popular without fear of repercussions. So I think Tom King and Gabriel Walta did that successfully with the Vision. Wanda is not super-fleshed out and doesn't have an enormous reader base behind her either, but I feel comic book creators CAN'T take creative chances with her anymore. And that's because for most of the last thirty years, a lot of damage was done to her character, sadly. She's tied to some MAJOR events in Marvel Comics' history, and hasn't been allowed to break free from that baggage. Consequently, she hasn't been allowed to grow and evolve like Vision has (which is truly a shame). Even years after being declared not a mutant, she's still being swallowed up in all their politics and drama. And Marvel Comics seems to love it. For me, I'd just prefer her to be more involved in some "domestic" stories like the Vision because those are so much fun and truly low stakes affairs (but they also have a lot of heart in them), you know? I thought James Robinson's Scarlet Witch series was actually really good. And that surprised me because I'm not very well-versed in the supernatural/horror genre. I very much enjoyed Wanda doing some globe trotting and trying to sort out her origins. And I do appreciate that she used her intelligence as well as her magical skills to deal with her enemies/problems. I also liked the fact that she finally was able to focus on herself and deal with her own mental health issues instead of trying to do world/universe saving stuff with the Avengers. I actually think WandaVision will try to incorporate some of that Witches' Road stuff in the series, which should be loads of fun. I definitely hope Kathryn Hahn (Agatha Harkness) sticks around after the show concludes. She's such a funny actress and I think it would be nice if she partnered up with Wanda in future shows and movies. As I've stated many times before, I don't like it when the MCU kills off characters so quickly just after they've been introduced. I hope they don't do that this time. But I like how the sitcom element of WandaVision is focusing on family. I think it's great that this show will feature the first superhero "pet" in the MCU as well. Like I said before, I don't mind it at all that there actually wasn't any fighting scenes in the trailer. I'm just grateful that Billy and Tommy won't end up on some dude's arms.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-08-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Trailer Fan Film November

Interesting hand gesture

I think I have a crush on Elizabeth olsen.

Here's a fun one where she tries to recap Scarlet Witch's long history.

I read the Scarlet Witch solo from 2016 and thought it was great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Trailer Fan Film November
    That is one unhealthy dose of cringe.