Page 195 of 271 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh, I agree that it would be unfair for certain characters to die and remain dead while others get resurrected. That's why my policy on death would be very simple and consistent. EVERY single death should be made permanent. Non of this shock value bullshit of killing off folks and then reviving them later. I really hope Marvel Studios does not go the soap opera route of bringing back actors and actresses in the forms of long-lost siblings. And I think using multiverses to do the same would be lame. Why can't these superheroes AND supervillains be allowed to rest in peace?

GRRM is 72. So I think he was in his mid-teens when he started reading Marvel Comics.
    Comic books and movie franchises have very different production cycles and life spans, I don't think MCU will pick up this bad habit because the form of media discourages it.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

I love these! Halloween versions are making my hands itch something fierce. Vision’s shorts and their candy pails are so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Comic books and movie franchises have very different production cycles and life spans, I don't think MCU will pick up this bad habit because the form of media discourages it.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree with you on that one. I think Marvel Studios will try to avoid this bad habit because it will hurt the MCU in the long run. The MCU is not the Simpsons where things really never change and nobody ever ages. That's what makes it better in some respects than the comic books on which it is based. One thing concerning Wanda has unnerved me of late. I think Marvel Comics is giving up on making Scarlet Witch lose control of her powers (and her mind) because of the severe backlash that kind of storytelling has provoked in recent years. Because it IS really politically incorrect when dudes like Professor X and Silver Surfer handle their powers with skill and expertise. But I think they've fallen on a new trope: making Wanda STUPID. And that she needs older male magical figures like Dr. Strange to help "fix" her mistakes (again):

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...istakes-again/

It's true that the Wasp and the Invisible Woman have both grown beyond being "irrational and undependable naifs." Wanda has not. And I think this kind of thing will be repeated in the movies for the Scarlet Witch, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-14-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Them thinking that Wanda needs corrected all the time by men is why Agatha needs kept as a mentor. Agatha has way more experience than Doctor Strange and has lived way longer. But somehow the almost decade that Agatha mentored Wanda is not enough to make her a seasoned magic user, even though she was depicted as such before. There's some very veiled misogyny there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Them thinking that Wanda needs corrected all the time by men is why Agatha needs kept as a mentor. Agatha has way more experience than Doctor Strange and has lived way longer. But somehow the almost decade that Agatha mentored Wanda is not enough to make her a seasoned magic user, even though she was depicted as such before. There's some very veiled misogyny there.
    Honestly I don't expect her to be a loremaster or something(even though I hope she has more mystical knowledge in a specific area, she doesn't need to be a human Encyclopedia, she should have ample knowledge in fields like Chthonic magic and Witchcraft, or at least not act like a "noob". I mean it's kinda like in depicting female video game players as clumsy and in need of help or something.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I don't expect her to be a loremaster or something(even though I hope she has more mystical knowledge in a specific area, she doesn't need to be a human Encyclopedia, she should have ample knowledge in fields like Chthonic magic and Witchcraft, or at least not act like a "noob". I mean it's kinda like in depicting female video game players as clumsy and in need of help or something.)
    Yeah exactly. My point of reference it the whole magical artifacts thing. She use to know those were dangerous. Came off what she learned about the Darkhold. In Powerman and the Iron Fist, she went into it a bit. Now she's treated like a complete novice that didn't have any training let alone almost a decade. She doesn't have to be a know it all, but at least know things she has come across before. It'd be nice that if Marvel wants to continue to keep this huge glob of continuity that they'd reference it.

Yeah exactly. My point of reference it the whole magical artifacts thing. She use to know those were dangerous. Came off what she learned about the Darkhold. In Powerman and the Iron Fist, she went into it a bit. Now she's treated like a complete novice that didn't have any training let alone almost a decade. She doesn't have to be a know it all, but at least know things she has come across before. It'd be nice that if Marvel wants to continue to keep this huge glob of continuity that they'd reference it.
    Yeah, it is amazing that Wanda can be Strange's back-up one moment and a magical bimbo the next
    Last edited by leokearon; 10-15-2020 at 12:23 AM.

That was just Hickman writing women... We should move on, it was expected that he would do something like that, especially on this new x-men era of extremists...

Anyways

New promotional photos

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    That was just Hickman writing women...
    Sue Storm, Moira MacTaggert, Monet St Croix, Destiny, Mystique, Valeria Richards, Storm, Polaris, Emma Frost, Magik, Dani Moonstar, Saturnyne,...

I understand that you are affected because you love Wanda (just as Tini Howard's writing on Rogue affects me), but don't make a generalization of Hickman's portrayal of powerful female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    WandaVision reshoots:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...9132#gs.hu68s5

And I was ALREADY in a great mood after seeing the Yankees get their asses handed to them. This stuff just takes the damn cake!

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...usical-number/

I was bummed NOBODY responded to my previous posts on this thread about MUSIC playing a prominent role in this series, even though it's something that could TOTALLY make this show much more fun. I'm curious what songs will be used?
    Can't wait to see the justification for that outfit .

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is she... holding a lobster on the 50s figure? I wonder what relevance that has to the plot that they decided to add it to the toy.

I love how they gave her a pregnant belly for the 70s one. Adorable.
    The lobster is an I Love Lucy reference.

tumblr_inline_nzrh63fQvf1rvl0vd_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Sue Storm, Moira MacTaggert, Monet St Croix, Destiny, Mystique, Valeria Richards, Storm, Polaris, Emma Frost, Magik, Dani Moonstar, Saturnyne,...

I understand that you are affected because you love Wanda (just as Tini Howard's writing on Rogue affects me), but don't make a generalization of Hickman's portrayal of powerful female characters
    He's not good with writing Wanda. He can stay on the X-side.

He's not good with writing Wanda. He can stay on the X-side.
    Or Jean apparently from what i read from his own fans and from what i saw.

And his Sue Storm wasn't spectacular, i don't know the rest

Having this much merch for Wanda oh

What a time to be alive

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Having this much merch for Wanda oh

What a time to be alive

Link? Which store is selling it?