Page 207 of 271 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4051

WandaVision season 1: 15 fan theories so crazy, they might be true
    https://bamsmackpow.com/2020/10/30/w...n-theories/12/

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm also hoping that Wanda (and Doctor Strange too) get their time for their own stories and aren't just a vehicle for everyone else. I honestly like movie Vision better than comics Vision. Because too many times they had comics Vision act like a jerk to add unnecessary drama. And it never felt right. I'm not sure what makes Wanda more popular, but I'm just happy she is. Comics have neglected her.
    I guess I'm okay with characters getting MASSIVE development in Disney Plus shows, and THEN taking part in ensemble "event" blockbusters in the movies. That strategy would have been GREAT if the MCU started it way back a decade ago. Nobody would be complaining about underdeveloped characters if that had happened.

Many folks thought the Vision/Wanda romance was really underdeveloped (nearly all of it off-screen). I mean, a scene of them cooking together in Civil War and then in the next film they're Romeo and Juliet?! Look, I HATE romance in superhero flicks, but I'm curious if WandaVision will focus on that kind of lovey-dovey stuff. Jac Schaeffer even stated that she's more comfortable doing romantic comedies. I'm hoping Vision and Wanda are more like Homer and Marge Simpson.

Oh, and I agree with you about Vision. Marvel Comics likes having him be an aloof and emotionless "robot" just to stir up problems with his relationships with other people. And it feels so contrived, artificial and forced because that's not how he was always portrayed. I do think Pietro had it worse though. He's been depicted as an ******* for so long it seems like the creators at Marvel Comics can't change him at this point. At least in the movies, he seemed to be a nice guy. I'm surprised you do like the movie Vision more than the comic book Vision. From what I've read online, the overwhelming consensus about Vision amongst comic book readers is that the film version of him was "weak" and "useless".
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-30-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah seeing these figures is alot better than seeing the 500th Wanda should do a Reverse HOM post.

If they do go with the deceased-character-comes-back-to-help-their-love move-on-from-their-death-and grow-trope it would be very sad
    But a story with an unhappy ending, doesn't mean it would be a bad ending. If Flowers for Algernon (the book) and/or Paths of Glory (the movie) had joyful conclusions, those stories wouldn't have been nearly as powerful. I'm hoping Disney/Marvel Studios doesn't emotionally "back-off" from what kind of story they're telling in WandaVision. I think MCU audiences are now ready for some more mature themes (and they don't have to be grim and/or dark at all). Like you said before, keep the humor, but balance it with some heartfelt drama too.

Comedic actress Jolene Purdy cast for a recurring role in WandaVision:

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...rdy-mysterious

I like how the MCU is continuing to recruit performers with comedic backgrounds for this show. The more funny it is, the better in my view. I wonder if Purdy will indeed be playing another witch in the series. And I'm also starting to wonder how much influence James Robinson's Scarlet Witch series will have on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess I'm okay with characters getting MASSIVE development in Disney Plus shows, and THEN taking part in ensemble "event" blockbusters in the movies. That strategy would have been GREAT if the MCU started it way back a decade ago. Nobody would be complaining about underdeveloped characters if that had happened.

Many folks thought the Vision/Wanda romance was really underdeveloped (nearly all of it off-screen). I mean, a scene of them cooking together in Civil War and then in the next film they're Romeo and Juliet?! Look, I HATE romance in superhero flicks, but I'm curious if WandaVision will focus on that kind of lovey-dovey stuff. Jac Schaeffer even stated that she's more comfortable doing romantic comedies. I'm hoping Vision and Wanda are more like Homer and Marge Simpson.

Oh, and I agree with you about Vision. Marvel Comics likes having him be an aloof and emotionless "robot" just to stir up problems with his relationships with other people. And it feels so contrived, artificial and forced because that's not how he was always portrayed. I do think Pietro had it worse though. He's been depicted as an ******* for so long it seems like the creators at Marvel Comics can't change him at this point. At least in the movies, he seemed to be a nice guy. I'm surprised you do like the movie Vision more than the comic book Vision. From what I've read online, the overwhelming consensus about Vision amongst comic book readers is that the film version of him was "weak" and "useless".
    They did show Wanda and Vision getting closer while she was under house arrest and the whole paprikash thing, so it didn't really come out of nowhere. And did get more development or as much development as other romances. At least it isn't Steve and Sharon... talk about a relationship completely done wrong in it's translation from book to screen.

Pietro did initially have it worse, but had the luck of being put in the hands of PAD that repaired the character. Vision never got back to his previous status after being ripped apart.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They did show Wanda and Vision getting closer while she was under house arrest and the whole paprikash thing, so it didn't really come out of nowhere. And did get more development or as much development as other romances. At least it isn't Steve and Sharon... talk about a relationship completely done wrong in it's translation from book to screen.

Pietro did initially have it worse, but had the luck of being put in the hands of PAD that repaired the character. Vision never got back to his previous status after being ripped apart.
    Yeah, it seems the Russos put in a lot of effort to get that Wanda and Vision thing going. But I always thought that the paprikash stuff was more funny than romantic. I certainly didn't get any lovey-dovey vibes from that. I know Olsen's accent was "inconsistent" in her earlier movies, but part of me wishes they kept some semblance of it. They probably can't even use paprikash (or "paper cash" as Olsen pronounces it) now in WandaVision because Wanda's become a SoCal valley girl. Which is a shame because I want to know more about her backstory in Sokovia. I guess my problems with romance in superhero flicks is that these relationships totally don't have any consequences for the stories that they are telling. Does Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Star-Lord, Spider-Man and Thor REALLY need love interests to advance the plots of their films? I don't feel that they do. I do think Ant-Man and Vision need them in order to usher in the Young Avengers in the future. And let's be honest, most of writers/directors do a LOUSY job of portraying romance on screen when it comes to superheroes. The comics are better on this front. The Steve and Sharon thing literally went nowhere. Lots of people, including actress Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter), objected to the idea of Captain America boning her grand-niece. So I think Feige put an end to that pairing and Sharon Carter was thus given the "Jane Foster treatment". I really like both Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth, but the two literally have zero chemistry and it shows. I don't know what's gonna happen with Love and Thunder, but I think it's gonna be awkward.

I didn't know Peter David rehabilitated Pietro! I wonder in what issues of the Avengers this happened? Lots of people still think of him as a dick (and actually like him for it). Yeah, I know Vision has NEVER been the same ever since he was disassembled for the FIRST TIME. All that disassembling must be pretty traumatic and it happens a LOT it seems. It's like he's not the same dude pre-1990 anymore. Which is a shame. I've read on various message boards that some readers were never really huge Avengers fans, but they were ALWAYS fascinated with the bizarre and weird Wanda/Vision dynamic. I'm pretty sure it would be popular again should Marvel Comics go that route, but I just don't think they have any ideas to keep it going. That story has already been played out on page, and NOT on screen. I'm just pleased the movies are making Bettany (Vision) more like a normal dude as opposed to the Spiner (Data) approach which is extremely popular with fictional androids. And this is coming from a guy who is one of the biggest Data fans in the world.

I know that we all want to see as much of Vision and Wanda as possible in WandaVision, but am I the only one who wants the show to cut BETWEEN the heroes AND the villains? I want the series to show the viewers what the "villains" are like as people (motivations, backstories and ambitions), and they should be fleshed out to a significant degree. And no, I don't want them to have their goals to be to "take over or destroy the world". I would much prefer it if they had some sort of personal beef with Wanda and a legitimate reason to **** with her. I'm not sure if Feige and Schaeffer are going with this route, however (I doubt it). I DO believe the antagonists in WandaVision will NOT be defeated/destroyed during this series. I DO predict that they will pose serious problems for Dr. Strange's magical team in the Multiverse of Madness, though. I think if the MCU wants to fix its "villains" problem, they have to give some screen time for the baddies too (but I think it's more likely they will deal with this in Dr. Strange 2). Which is why I'm hoping that that movie is NOT overloaded with a thousand characters.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-30-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, it seems the Russos put in a lot of effort to get that Wanda and Vision thing going. But I always thought that the paprikash stuff was more funny than romantic. I certainly didn't get any lovey-dovey vibes from that. I know Olsen's accent was "inconsistent" in her earlier movies, but part of me wishes they kept some semblance of it. They probably can't even use paprikash (or "paper cash" as Olsen pronounces it) now in WandaVision because Wanda's become a SoCal valley girl. Which is a shame because I want to know more about her backstory in Sokovia. I guess my problems with romance in superhero flicks is that these relationships totally don't have any consequences for the stories that they are telling. Does Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Star-Lord, Spider-Man and Thor REALLY need love interests to advance the plots of their films? I don't feel that they do. I do think Ant-Man and Vision need them in order to usher in the Young Avengers in the future. And let's be honest, most of writers/directors do a LOUSY job of portraying romance on screen when it comes to superheroes. The comics are better on this front. The Steve and Sharon thing literally went nowhere. Lots of people, including actress Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter), objected to the idea of Captain America boning her grand-niece. So I think Feige put an end to that pairing and Sharon Carter was thus given the "Jane Foster treatment". I really like both Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth, but the two literally have zero chemistry and it shows. I don't know what's gonna happen with Love and Thunder, but I think it's gonna be awkward.

I didn't know Peter David rehabilitated Pietro! I wonder in what issues of the Avengers this happened? Lots of people still think of him as a dick (and actually like him for it). Yeah, I know Vision has NEVER been the same ever since he was disassembled for the FIRST TIME. All that disassembling must be pretty traumatic and it happens a LOT it seems. It's like he's not the same dude pre-1990 anymore. Which is a shame. I've read on various message boards that some readers were never really huge Avengers fans, but they were ALWAYS fascinated with the bizarre and weird Wanda/Vision dynamic. I'm pretty sure it would be popular again should Marvel Comics go that route, but I just don't think they have any ideas to keep it going. That story has already been played out on page, and NOT on screen. I'm just pleased the movies are making Bettany (Vision) more like a normal dude as opposed to the Spiner (Data) approach which is extremely popular with fictional androids. And this is coming from a guy who is one of the biggest Data fans in the world.

I know that we all want to see as much of Vision and Wanda as possible in WandaVision, but am I the only one who wants the show to cut BETWEEN the heroes AND the villains? I want the series to show the viewers what the "villains" are like as people (motivations, backstories and ambitions), and they should be fleshed out to a significant degree. And no, I don't want them to have their goals to be to "take over or destroy the world". I would much prefer it if they had some sort of personal beef with Wanda and a legitimate reason to **** with her. I'm not sure if Feige and Schaeffer are going with this route, however (I doubt it). I DO believe the antagonists in WandaVision will NOT be defeated/destroyed during this series. I DO predict that they will pose serious problems for Dr. Strange's magical team in the Multiverse of Madness, though. I think if the MCU wants to fix its "villains" problem, they have to give some screen time for the baddies too (but I think it's more likely they will deal with this in Dr. Strange 2). Which is why I'm hoping that that movie is NOT overloaded with a thousand characters.
    I'm not sad to see the accent gone. It was pretty bad. Romances shouldn't be plot devices though. That usually would be using women as just romantic interests to push the plot. That's really shaky ground. Unless they give the female character enough of her own that the romance isn't the only thing about her. Sharon wasn't given the Jane Foster treatment. She was given the Sif treatment. Jane had way more moments than Sharon.

PAD wrote Quicksilver in X-Factor. That's where Pietro got most of his growth as a character.

Wanda and Vision is probably one of the better romances in the MCU and way better than Steve and Sharon's "They date in the comics so they must date in the movies" romance.

Wanda and Vision is probably one of the better romances in the MCU and way better than Steve and Sharon's "They date in the comics so they must date in the movies" romance.
    Yeah that approach was just weird. I'd have rather they had decided that Peggy was a friend or Sharon was a friend. But making them both love interests was just no... no, no, no. I'm glad that it seems that Sharon is in Falcon and Winter Soldier, so she has something for herself away from Steve. Because it's their chance to show how great she can be and break away from the mistake of depicting the romance that way.

Yeah that approach was just weird. I'd have rather they had decided that Peggy was a friend or Sharon was a friend. But making them both love interests was just no... no, no, no. I'm glad that it seems that Sharon is in Falcon and Winter Soldier, so she has something for herself away from Steve. Because it's their chance to show how great she can be and break away from the mistake of depicting the romance that way.
    It was weird, Cap decides to date Sharon after his first girlfriend died but whom he still had was in love with. Also given that Steve went back in time and married Peggy, wouldn't that mean that Sharon is Cap's Grand-niece....

It was weird, Cap decides to date Sharon after his first girlfriend died but whom he still had was in love with. Also given that Steve went back in time and married Peggy, wouldn't that mean that Sharon is Cap's Grand-niece....
    Yeah, I don't like to think of it. It's a gross mess.

Strong possibility Pietro is appearing in WandaVision:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHCKGx1H...ource=ig_embed

I'm not sad to see the accent gone. It was pretty bad. Romances shouldn't be plot devices though. That usually would be using women as just romantic interests to push the plot. That's really shaky ground. Unless they give the female character enough of her own that the romance isn't the only thing about her. Sharon wasn't given the Jane Foster treatment. She was given the Sif treatment. Jane had way more moments than Sharon.

PAD wrote Quicksilver in X-Factor. That's where Pietro got most of his growth as a character.
    Oh, I didn't know David went to work on Quicksilver. I'm glad he's not an ******* anymore (mostly). I think he reverted to type a bit in the Scarlet Witch solo book, though. Yeah, Sharon was treated worse than Jane that's for sure. Which is why I'm not a big fan of superheroes on screen having MULTIPLE love interests. It just never ends well and is embarrassingly awkward. I suppose it would be okay for Strange and the Black Panther to have new girlfriends because their "love interests" were exes and their relationships were never shown on screen.

I also believe ATJ will be Quicksilver if Pietro appears on WandaVision. It would be REALLY humiliating for him if he is replaced by Peters for the show. I don't think he's surviving the series, but he might have more screentime than if he appeared in the Multiverse of Madness. Interesting that they're lining Quicksilver up with the Vision instead of Wanda. I wonder what kind of relationship the two will have (I think it will be very funny). And I'm curious if ATJ will preserve his Sokovian accent.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-01-2020 at 09:10 AM.

I actually agree with this comment. I'm just saying that Wanda and Vision getting together was really RUSHED in MY opinion. And their relationship doesn't seem all that "jokey" to me. I can't imagine Wanda kicking Vision in the groin like Gamora did to Star-Lord, you know? Pretty much every other relationship in the MCU has the female love interests CONSTANTLY acting bitchy and insulting their boyfriends on a fairly regular basis. I'm VERY happy Disney shied away from doing that to Wanda and Vision. I also like the fact that they "bonded" over spicy food, as opposed to after fighting a life-and-death battle. That seems MUCH more natural and true to life to me. But I still think Vision was dumb as hell for not using his Mind Stone when Thanos had him by the throat. It was strange how he forgot he had one of the strongest weapons lodged in his forehead when he was about to be killed again. Let's be honest, Vision is a bit of an idiot in the movies!