Page 215 of 271 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4051

What Darkness Lurks Behind WandaVision's Sitcom Shtick?:

https://nerdist.com/article/wandavis...ding-darkness/

I definitely agree with this reviewer when she says that Vision's relationship with Wanda was WAY more healthier than his with Virginia even though I found the latter to be fascinating (despite being terribly troubled). But the tropes of "hysterical women" were quite present in Vision's own series. I'm glad she mentioned the "joke" about indigenous people in Vision's book. I'm a DIEHARD fan of the NFL, and have always respected the passion people have for the Washington Redskins franchise (Hail to the Redskins). I think Tom King, who I believe lived in the Virginia suburbs when he wrote the Vision mini-series, was just trying to make some social commentary on the debate over that team's name at that time. As I mentioned to GenericUsername, I think since WandaVision will be going through decades of American history, it would be cool if they lightly touch on social changes that took place (not just hairstyles and fashion) during that time. I doubt they will include the Redskins in the show, but I personally NEVER believed Washington would actually change their name. But they actually did a few months ago. Sometimes change takes a really long time, and sometimes they come all of a sudden like the Fall of the Berlin Wall. I concur with the reviewer's idea of adapting Tom King's Vision series by making Wanda the center of HIS story thematically and stylistically in WandaVision. I don't think Disney would want to include depression, murder and suicide in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But what's a synthozoid?
    Synthetic man. He has all the parts of a human and they function like a human's, but he's plastic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

What Darkness Lurks Behind WandaVision's Sitcom Shtick?:

https://nerdist.com/article/wandavis...ding-darkness/

I definitely agree with this reviewer when she says that Vision's relationship with Wanda was WAY more healthier than his with Virginia even though I found the latter to be fascinating (despite being terribly troubled). But the tropes of "hysterical women" were quite present in Vision's own series. I'm glad she mentioned the "joke" about indigenous people in Vision's book. I'm a DIEHARD fan of the NFL, and have always respected the passion people have for the Washington Redskins franchise (Hail to the Redskins). I think Tom King, who I believe lived in the Virginia suburbs when he wrote the Vision mini-series, was just trying to make some social commentary on the debate over that team's name at that time. As I mentioned to GenericUsername, I think since WandaVision will be going through decades of American history, it would be cool if they lightly touch on social changes that took place (not just hairstyles and fashion) during that time. I doubt they will include the Redskins in the show, but I personally NEVER believed Washington would actually change their name. But they actually did a few months ago. Sometimes change takes a really long time, and sometimes they come all of a sudden like the Fall of the Berlin Wall. I concur with the reviewer's idea of adapting Tom King's Vision series by making Wanda the center of HIS story thematically and stylistically in WandaVision. I don't think Disney would want to include depression, murder and suicide in this series.
    Well, honestly I don't really think Wanda is fit for that role as Vision in Tom King's series.
    I would rather they do something more original, and use some classic elements along with it.

Honestly the only thing WandaVision has in common with Tom King's comic is the aesthetic (50s), and this will probably last like one or two episodes before they jump into other eras like 70s and 80s, so that's all

People tend to forget that also Wanda and Vision tried to have a normal life with kids.

Elizabeth Olsen said fans will get to explore more of Wanda's past in WandaVision, i hope it has something to do with the coven we saw in the leaked photos

Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-13-2020 at 04:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Random question for those keeping up with recent Scarlet Witch continuity. I'm trying to read the relevant Scarlet Witch stories before the show comes out. Can someone walk me through which stories to read regarding the whole Magneto parentage retcon? I know AXIS is involved somehow, but that's about it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Hank's always been different in the x-books than others.
    He was likable until 2010 when Marvel started using him as a spokesperson for their "Let's Hate Scott Summers For No Good Reason" decade

Now his latest actions have been to throw Colossus in jail just because he's Russian

Honestly I don't think Wanda would be safe with him

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Random question for those keeping up with recent Scarlet Witch continuity. I'm trying to read the relevant Scarlet Witch stories before the show comes out. Can someone walk me through which stories to read regarding the whole Magneto parentage retcon? I know AXIS is involved somehow, but that's about it.
    AXIS, the last volume of UA and her solo go over it. There really isn't much outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    He was likable until 2010 when Marvel started using him as a spokesperson for their "Let's Hate Scott Summers For No Good Reason" decade

Now his latest actions have been to throw Colossus in jail just because he's Russian

Honestly I don't think Wanda would be safe with him
    Yeah, that's x-side. And people hated him on that side before Scott was imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Synthetic man. He has all the parts of a human and they function like a human's, but he's plastic.
    Thanks for that great definition. I really appreciate it. But I was joking how Mantlo made Vision spell synthezoid as synthOzoid in that first Vision and Wanda series.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, honestly I don't really think Wanda is fit for that role as Vision in Tom King's series.
    I would rather they do something more original, and use some classic elements along with it.
    What I meant is that they will take King's Norman Rockwellesque feel from his series and adapt it in WandaVision. Now, people like to trash Rockwell's art as too idealistic and sentimental, but I've always been a longtime fan of his. So I'm glad that they are incorporating it into the show. And I think they will make Wanda more of a parent in the way Vision was in his own series. She really wasn't much of a mother in the comics (but she wasn't given much of a chance to be one, unfortunately). Just for a little bit in the late 80s. And they probably will bring in that dog to complete the family (I think the Vision family had one and it was extremely popular amongst readers apparently). That's all I expect to be adapted from the Vision miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Honestly the only thing WandaVision has in common with Tom King's comic is the aesthetic (50s), and this will probably last like one or two episodes before they jump into other eras like 70s and 80s, so that's all

People tend to forget that also Wanda and Vision tried to have a normal life with kids.

Elizabeth Olsen said fans will get to explore more of Wanda's past in WandaVision, i hope it has something to do with the coven we saw in the leaked photos

I agree. I consider Vision series five years ago to be just a riff on the earlier Vision and Scarlet Witch series'. One thing I think that WandaVision might incorporate into the show from King's work is the whole family thing. I don't believe Wanda and Vision actually got to be parents in any meaningful way back in 80s, but I think they will here. I also think Wiccan and Speed will go to school because they shot scenes at an educational institution for the show. So I think the twin boys will be teens in WandaVision just like Vision's kids were teens in his own series. And lastly, the series starring Vision and Wanda in the 80s were fun and had a lot family drama and magical adventures. There wasn't a sense of something bad was gonna happen in them. I got that with that trailer for WandaVision. One thing in common between the trailer and King's work is the "unsettling" and "ominous" feeling in each of them. However, I think the show will take stuff from the Scarlet Witch series, Vision Quest, House of M, Avengers Disassembled, and surprisingly lots of SITCOMS.

Paul Bettany discusses WandaVision:

https://collider.com/wandavision-mcu...source=twitter

Thanks for that great definition. I really appreciate it. But I was joking how Mantlo made Vision spell synthezoid as synthOzoid in that first Vision and Wanda series.
    Ah gotcha! I didn't catch the different spelling, lol.

Feige himself said the inspiration on the Vision solo was just the aesthetic, and Sparky being on it. I guess most people didn't see it cause it was on Brazil's CCXP.