Page 219 of 271 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Seems like most sets have very limited people, testing and other precautions. We'll see how they handle it.
    That's true. But imagine how things are being slowed down on production. All that spraying and wiping! I just think lockdowns could happen because I think hospitals will soon be overwhelmed with patients. We're very lucky WandaVision BARELY finished filming before things really deteriorated.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-20-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess Wanda and Vision are Z-list characters now in the books.
    Wandavision had the most views for a trailer for Marvel. So it's weird that comics have this lack of interest in the characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

A very sad and depressing state of affairs. I do think Marvel wants to focus more on their "successors" like Wiccan and Viv Vision. You could make the argument Billy and Viv are more popular than their "parents" ever were. A-list.
    I don't know about that. Even YA characters were out of comics for a time. Comics tend to use certain characters in spurts. And for Wanda, I just feel like the damage HoM did was permanent. Which is why it floors me that people want that in the MCU. There's no way they could care about her and want that. Because it'd likely be her perma-death.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wandavision had the most views for a trailer for Marvel. So it's weird that comics have this lack of interest in the characters.
    Maybe Marvel editorial probably ran out of ideas for the characters. They're only so many stories about Vision being disassembled and Wanda going crazy that they can tell.

I don't know about that. Even YA characters were out of comics for a time. Comics tend to use certain characters in spurts. And for Wanda, I just feel like the damage HoM did was permanent. Which is why it floors me that people want that in the MCU. There's no way they could care about her and want that. Because it'd likely be her perma-death.
    I think you can count Olsen amongst those people. I think they like the drama and spectacle of that story. Thankfully, I believe that Marvel Studios seems to be focusing more on the Vision and Scarlet Witch and Vision books for inspiration. Wanda was much more involved in those books. I do think Bettany was really excited about reading the Vision series when it came out a few years ago. He talked about it on social media (that really surprised me because he said he was never interested in reading comic books growing up in England in the 70s and 80s). I guess, he's become a fan more recently. I really hope Olsen has read some other Scarlet Witch stories besides the stuff that was published fifteen years ago. And I definitely agree with you about HoM. I think her character will be irredeemable if they adapt that story the way it was written originally in the MCU. If Wanda and Vision don't get more prominence in the books now, I think their Z-list status will probably be permanent.

Again, hopefully WandaVision makes the characters more popular (Currently, Scarlet Witch is much more popular than she ever was especially thanks to her fight with Thanos) and it seems like Kevin wants the series to be nominated for an Emmy next year.

I wish Wanda could be in the Avengers books with her old teammates but then i remember that the current Avengers books are trash, especially the ones written by Jason Aaron lol

It's not that I don't feel she needs to be Romani. I'd love that. It's just that I know the reality of Hollywood and how comics have treated the subject. And well, there's negative improvement in either. So I just don't have any hope there.

The furthest I've seen was the Quicksilver solo handled things well. Yeah... not much there. And I feel if I'm put off by most of the depictions, someone who grew up with Romanipen definitely would be.

I hope eventually books, tv and movies figure it out and get Romani involved with the creative process. Because right now it's anywhere from cringe to downright dangerous.
    Same with it comes to the Irish as Wild Mountain Thyme sadly shows. Hollywood just love their stereotypes and don't seem to even care about trying to change anything about it. At least some genres are doing some things right like Scarenthood by Irishman Nick Roche.
    Last edited by leokearon; 11-20-2020 at 11:01 AM.

I guess Wanda and Vision are Z-list characters now in the books.
    Wanda and Vision will never be Z-listers and Z-Lister is a character which hardly anyone knows and has like one maybe two fans.

I do hope she gets a new costume that's not just the Halloween costume of her classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same with it comes to the Irish as Wild Mountain Thyme sadly shows. Hollywood just love their stereotypes and don't seem to even care about trying to change anything about it. At least some genres are doing some things right like Scarenthood by Irishman Nick Roche.
    Well, I'm used to stereotypes of all kinds now. You know how tv shows and movies emphasize that the hallmarks of Native American people is their "spirituality" and how Chinese women are portrayed as powerful, ruthless and deceitful "dragon ladies"? I actually don't think things on that front will really change so I kind of accept them now.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-20-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Again, hopefully WandaVision makes the characters more popular (Currently, Scarlet Witch is much more popular than she ever was especially thanks to her fight with Thanos) and it seems like Kevin wants the series to be nominated for an Emmy next year.

I wish Wanda could be in the Avengers books with her old teammates but then i remember that the current Avengers books are trash, especially the ones written by Jason Aaron lol
    We can only hope. I'm surprised you don't like Aaron. I thought his Thor work was pretty well-received. I believe they're actually making a movie about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I'm really impressed with the "psychedelic" and "trippy" way that WandaVision are presenting the two titular characters. In the books, they were NEVER represented in this fashion no matter how unconventional and weird their relationship was.

We can only hope. I'm surprised you don't like Aaron. I thought his Thor work was pretty well-received. I believe they're actually making a movie about it!
    Aaron's Thor run was good until he started the Jane Foster Thor stuff which was a slur to anyone who has or is battling cancer.