Page 225 of 271 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Hopefully it's better than comics. HoM was not a great depiction of the struggles and stigma of mental health. It created more actually. Because it still depicts mental illness as making people evil. As something that can be cured. And not something worth treating properly. And then was waved away as possession. Not to mention the disgusting baby crazy bs. Wanda didn't have any chance of overcoming anything. Her story was not the focus. She wasn't important. She had zero narrative and then was fridged. Thrown away for years.

It's different if a character has actual narrative, their canon is cared for. They go through a hard time to give them growth. Wanda got zero growth from it. Just treated like a pariah for the next 15 years.
    Completely agree. All the stuff that went down with her had very little resolution or care for her. They played up ideas for her powers but never really followed up with things with much care, which was disappointing. It’s what I’m hoping time and Feige bring to the whole topic. That it’s don’t with taste and care and not how it was recklessly handled many years ago

I'm just hoping movies/tv treat it better. If they do, maybe it'll create a blueprint for comics to handle it better as well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    True but the mention of of mental health by Elizabeth Olsen is something the Wanda fans should brace for.

I do think characters should be pushed and grow and struggle at times and then overcome that and am probably one of the few fans who didn’t fully hate both series (I hated that they basically left her alone after for a while outside of the Hawkeye issue of New Avengers). I need to reread That Young Avengers series though. It’s been a while!
    I honestly don't think Lizzie is talking about the actual next step for MCU Wanda, my take away is just her getting invested in HoM and unironically think it's the actual major chunk of Wanda's character. Which is simply not true.
    I probably would tolerate both of them if Wanda actually got back on her feet or something, I would be pretty generous if she actually survived that experience(I would still criticize the continuity butchering of course), but she really didn't, and she is in this awkward state of "technically alive, functionally dead" in comics.
    Hawkeye issue, annnnd that issue about Illuminati/Beyonder where she is in Stephen Strange's wet dream...
    I would probably welcome some erotic stuff for Wanda if it's not written by freaking Bendis.
    Heck I don't mind George Perez's stupid sexy costume since he actually shows some actual passion for her, as weird as it sounds, I get very different vibes from writers when they put Wanda in a sexual context, they ranges from great, kinda plain, to straight up gross.(Namely, Bendis and Byrne.)

Extraordinary Member

Completely agree. All the stuff that went down with her had very little resolution or care for her. They played up ideas for her powers but never really followed up with things with much care, which was disappointing. It’s what I’m hoping time and Feige bring to the whole topic. That it’s don’t with taste and care and not how it was recklessly handled many years ago
    It's not really "playing up ideas", Bendis literally reduced her power structure established by previous writers to "just her mutant power", and the point is not about explaining her power, it's explaining why her power suddenly can do this and that, with of course the purpose of starting a new Avengers run for Bendis.
    Since she is pretty convenient, also for mutants/X-lines as well.
    It's not about following up, there is no plan for that **** up from the very start really, if there is actually a "follow up", it would be plothole patches like The Children's Crusade.(It's awfully like what Roy Thomas did after Byrne did his...thing, but TCC was nowhere as in-time and though out.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 11-24-2020 at 08:52 AM.

“As Phase Four of the MCU clicks slowly into gears, Wanda and her reality shifting powers are going to become more important. That moment in Endgame where, driven by grief and vengeance, she practically made Thanos soil his purple pants IS JUST THE BEGINNING”

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I honestly don't think Lizzie is talking about the actual next step for MCU Wanda, my take away is just her getting invested in HoM and unironically think it's the actual major chunk of Wanda's character. Which is simply not true.
    I probably would tolerate both of them if Wanda actually got back on her feet or something, I would be pretty generous if she actually survived that experience(I would still criticize the continuity butchering of course), but she really didn't, and she is in this awkward state of "technically alive, functionally dead" in comics.
    Hawkeye issue, annnnd that issue about Illuminati/Beyonder where she is in Stephen Strange's wet dream...
    I would probably welcome some erotic stuff for Wanda if it's not written by freaking Bendis.
    Heck I don't mind George Perez's stupid sexy costume since he actually shows some actual passion for her, as weird as it sounds, I get very different vibes from writers when they put Wanda in a sexual context, they ranges from great, kinda plain, to straight up gross.(Namely, Bendis and Byrne.)
    I mind both. Both didn't need to exist. Both could have used better research before even attempting.

Wanda and Jean in contest of champions 1999

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I mind both. Both didn't need to exist. Both could have used better research before even attempting.
    Yeahhh, I am mainly criticizing Bendis for randomly throwing Wanda in dudes' beds.(Technically it's a Doombot and a wet dream, but it's rather uncomfortable when you know goddam well said writer doesn't care about said character and always uses her as a moveable object and such.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You can see that Vision takes his human form when he's out of home. On the trailer Wanda reminds him to change it before leaving the house.

I don't think referencing The Office necessarily means them on an actual office, it's more just the style/format of the show that will be referenced.
    Excellent points. Thanks for reminding me about that trailer. What you say definitely makes a lot of sense. I hope Vision maintains his android form when he's alone with his family though.

True but the mention of of mental health by Elizabeth Olsen is something the Wanda fans should brace for.

I do think characters should be pushed and grow and struggle at times and then overcome that and am probably one of the few fans who didn’t fully hate both series (I hated that they basically left her alone after for a while outside of the Hawkeye issue of New Avengers). I need to reread That Young Avengers series though. It’s been a while!
    Well, I think Marvel Studios is gonna do a deep dive on the whole mental illness theme in Moon Knight FAR more than in WandaVision. I mean, at least that's what I think is gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeahhh, I am mainly criticizing Bendis for randomly throwing Wanda in dudes' beds.(Technically it's a Doombot and a wet dream, but it's rather uncomfortable when you know goddam well said writer doesn't care about said character and always uses her as a moveable object and such.)
    According to Vox "the Scarlet Witch never enjoyed the spotlight some of the other female characters in the Marvel universe had. For better or worse, Wanda wasn't a sex symbol like Emma Frost or Psylocke. She didn't have the regal prominence of Storm. And among the Avengers, she was often outshone by characters like Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel), the Wasp, and Spider-Woman."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...s-mia-no-more/

Darkhold Alpha is not on this list, so it might still arrive one day

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    According to Vox "the Scarlet Witch never enjoyed the spotlight some of the other female characters in the Marvel universe had. For better or worse, Wanda wasn't a sex symbol like Emma Frost or Psylocke. She didn't have the regal prominence of Storm. And among the Avengers, she was often outshone by characters like Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel), the Wasp, and Spider-Woman."
    Vox didn't read Avengers comics then. Because that might be true now but wasn't true during the bronze age.

Yeah Wanda did have the spotlight some times but after the Dissasembled and HoM in all those years in which Wanda was out from comics, Spiderwoman and Carol Danvers got the spotlight in new avengers (bendis era) etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah Wanda did have the spotlight some times but after the Dissasembled and HoM in all those years in which Wanda was out from comics, Spiderwoman and Carol Danvers got the spotlight in new avengers (bendis era) etc
    Which will happen when a character is barred from even appearing. Wandavision's trailer breaking watch records proves that any unpopularity was manufactured by Marvel.