Page 228 of 271 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4051

'Marvel's Avengers' hasn't recouped its development costs says Square Enix president — 'Sales were lower than we had expected'

i'm ok with Wanda not being in that flop game

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...86789925388288
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-25-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So I figured. Actors stay pretty busy with pre and post production with most stuff and have more than one project going on, plus personal lives. We will see much of Wanda in the coming years, so that's good.
    Yeah, Wanda will be sticking around for at least another couple of years. Which is great. Hopefully her role will expand because a lot of older characters are gonna be retiring. I have a feeling Fury could be on his way out because SHIELD is sort of being replaced by SWORD. I also think Bucky might not survive for long without Rogers and Rhodey might not either without Stark. But we'll see.

Paul Bettany discusses WandaVision and is TOTALLY evasive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrOWbxc4KA

I do appreciate the fact that he singles out WandaVision writer Jac Schaeffer, director Matt Shakman and cinematographer Jess Hall for praise. How many actors/actresses do that? I think Mr. Bettany's family suffered a lot of tragedy and I'm happy he's finally getting the recognition he so richly deserves:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...6d53b29cae07a7

I do think Feige and Co. have a HUGE opportunity here to draw in a lot of viewers who actually HATE and DESPISE superhero flicks. I've seen and read MANY comments online saying how they're intrigued and fascinated by the trailer that was aired in September, and at the same time these folks have made clear that they do not like comic book movies. By doing the whole sitcom thing, Disney can definitely broaden their fanbase by doing something totally different, new and fresh. HOWEVER, I've heard sentiments such as these expressed:

"This looks interesting. But I gotta be suspicious that the 3rd act of this devolves into a tedious CGI explosion fest full of badly edited action scenes and "witty" banter until the World is Finally Saved Again."

If WandaVision goes with this "formulaic" approach, I think they will turn off a lot watchers. I don't think that's gonna happen in WandaVision, however. Because it's a sort of a "To be continued" kind of thing leading into Doctor Strange 2. But we'll have to see.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    'Marvel's Avengers' hasn't recouped its development costs says Square Enix president — 'Sales were lower than we had expected'

i'm ok with Wanda not being in that flop game

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...86789925388288
    I mean, her name was in the files, so she might still be in it, unless they have to cancel plans in case they feel like the game won't turn in any profit at all after the first few DLCs. But I think they still have a chance. They still have more content to put out, which could turn things around. I expect at least the Spider-Man DLC to make some noise.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-26-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I TOTALLY get what you're saying. I think the films hurt Hank and Janet by downplaying their significance. I had no idea this had a negative affect on the characters in the comic books. But I do think the movies MASSIVELY improved on folks like the Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man (Scott), Thor, Loki, Thanos, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Captain America. I like their film versions. It's the SUPPORTING characters like the Hulk (I'm surprised to include him amongst this group), Hawkeye, War Machine, Falcon, and Vision that have suffered. And notice I didn't mention anything about the WOMEN characters in the MCU? I think for the most part they've been portrayed horribly. Wanda is doing a little bit better, but not by much in my view:

"She spent Age of Ultron giving everyone visions of their deaths/failures. Other than that it's mostly been standing in the background pushing stuff or going pew pew pew." I expect this will change in WandaVision.
    I can't say that the female characters have been great, but they've had some nice, small moments. They really have built Carol Danvers up into something she's never been. I suspect that's to offer a version of their own Wonder Woman, but comic readers know that Mar-Vell came first -- and that he was a he -- not a she. I thought Wanda had a good showing in the last two Avengers films, but the Avengers movies always focused on Iron Man, Thor and Cap. They were always the big guns of the team, but they were never the most interesting characters. Vision, Wanda, Hank, Jan, Hank McCoy -- even Simon Williams were far more interesting to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    "This looks interesting. But I gotta be suspicious that the 3rd act of this devolves into a tedious CGI explosion fest full of badly edited action scenes and "witty" banter until the World is Finally Saved Again."
    Definitely sums up all of the Avengers films to date! I found these somewhat enjoyable, but I share the same sentiment. How many times do we have to watch them face another massive CGI army in the final act. The banter is just too glib for the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, her name was in the files, so she might still be in it, unless they have to cancel plans in case they feel like the game won't turn in any profit at all after the first few DLCs. But I think they still have a chance. They still have more content to put out, which could turn things around. I expect at least the Spider-Man DLC to make some noise
    this reminds me of all the DLC they had planned for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite that got canceled when they stopped supporting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, her name was in the files, so she might still be in it, unless they have to cancel plans in case they feel like the game won't turn in any profit at all after the first few DLCs. But I think they still have a chance. They still have more content to put out, which could turn things around. I expect at least the Spider-Man DLC to make some noise
    Square has said they are still dedicated to the game. And they are the company that completely redid FFXIV from the bottom up. Rebooted it years ago. So they could do that with Avengers. It's not a terrible game. It just needs more variety and bug fixes. I'll try playing it again once it gets closer to Kate's release.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    this reminds me of all the DLC they had planned for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite that got canceled when they stopped supporting the game.
    MUA 3's last patch also never happened.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Elizabeth Olsen Has Started Filming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/do...ilming-london/

https://www.cbr.com/concept-art-scar...ltron-costume/

A Wanda article by CBR that doesn't mention her going crazy or HOM. Amazing

I don't know very well about it (that's why I'm asking) but are Wanda and Sersi close ? Would you like to see them work together now that the Eternals are finally back ?

Extraordinary Member

No, Wanda and Sersi have rarely interacted with each other. For most of the time Sersi was on the Avengers, Wanda was on the West Coast Avengers and the two books rarely crossed over (they both had different editors at the time).