Page 230 of 271 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4051

WandaVision collectibles by IronStudios shown at CCXPWorlds

Even thought it is a Halloween costume i can't wait to see those high boots in action

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Hopefully it's better than comics. HoM was not a great depiction of the struggles and stigma of mental health. It created more actually. Because it still depicts mental illness as making people evil. As something that can be cured. And not something worth treating properly. And then was waved away as possession. Not to mention the disgusting baby crazy bs. Wanda didn't have any chance of overcoming anything. Her story was not the focus. She wasn't important. She had zero narrative and then was fridged. Thrown away for years.

It's different if a character has actual narrative, their canon is cared for. They go through a hard time to give them growth. Wanda got zero growth from it. Just treated like a pariah for the next 15 years.
    I think the fact that WandaVision is focused on Wanda as it's protagonist, makes it, by default, very, very different to how she has been portrayed in the comics. It's simply not possible to adapt House of M into a story where Wanda is the protagonist, you would barely have material for 15 minutes, let alone 6 hours.

Wanda has been through immense, awful trauma, it would be bizarre to follow up Endgame with her just shrugging, "I was super sad about Vision dying and having to kill him, but nevermind" and just cheerfully moving on. The show has to address that, and explore her struggles thoughtfully. It should explore them.
    The fact Feige is drawing from his own experience, and making it something so universal (while watching the sitcom segments, the audience is kind of doing the same thing as Wanda, similar, perhaps, to what Guilermo Del Toro did with Pan's Labyrinth in making the audience want to escape with the protagonist) if these segments are joyful and fun, it makes the audience empathize with Wanda and understand her attachment to the pocket dimension.
    That, in itself, is a radically different, much more sympathetic take than that from writers like Bendis, who present Wanda as something alien and unrelatable, with no character arc and no narrative. We got everyone's perspective in that story except Wanda's. Another thing is that modern comic writers indulge in is deconstruction, which Feige seems to dislike. I think Feige sees the inspiring messages that can come from these fantastical, escapist narratives.

I think the focus will be on Wanda wrestling with depression, and they will leave the delusional stuff to Moon Knight.

Making this such a personal story, I do hope the villain is Chthon, rather than some random uninvested troll like Mephisto or someone else's villain like Nightmare. There's lots of themes that spring forth from his conflict with Wanda, and indeed with Vision (curiousity being a shared trait) and Agatha (parental figure aspect). Wanda triumphing over Chthon and becoming Scarlet Witch would be a truly uplifting, heroic moment.

It's a love story. I think Vision gets to experience humanity fully as a result of Wanda and the pocket dimension, which his death denied him, and, as his final act of love, helps Wanda embrace her new destiny as a witch. It has the potential to be a genuinely touching love story as well as a "heroine's journey". This is very likely going to celebrate a relationship the comic's editors have been denigrating for decades, which maybe why there have been no tie-ins from the comics division, Brevoort perhaps stubborn as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision collectibles by IronStudios shown at CCXPWorlds

Even thought it is a Halloween costume i can't wait to see those high boots in action
    Agreed .

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think the fact that WandaVision is focused on Wanda as it's protagonist, makes it, by default, very, very different to how she has been portrayed in the comics. It's simply not possible to adapt House of M into a story where Wanda is the protagonist, you would barely have material for 15 minutes, let alone 6 hours.

Wanda has been through immense, awful trauma, it would be bizarre to follow up Endgame with her just shrugging, "I was super sad about Vision dying and having to kill him, but nevermind" and just cheerfully moving on. The show has to address that, and explore her struggles thoughtfully. It should explore them.
    The fact Feige is drawing from his own experience, and making it something so universal (while watching the sitcom segments, the audience is kind of doing the same thing as Wanda, similar, perhaps, to what Guilermo Del Toro did with Pan's Labyrinth in making the audience want to escape with the protagonist) if these segments are joyful and fun, it makes the audience empathize with Wanda and understand her attachment to the pocket dimension.
    That, in itself, is a radically different, much more sympathetic take than that from writers like Bendis, who present Wanda as something alien and unrelatable, with no character arc and no narrative. We got everyone's perspective in that story except Wanda's. Another thing is that modern comic writers indulge in is deconstruction, which Feige seems to dislike. I think Feige sees the inspiring messages that can come from these fantastical, escapist narratives.

I think the focus will be on Wanda wrestling with depression, and they will leave the delusional stuff to Moon Knight.

Making this such a personal story, I do hope the villain is Chthon, rather than some random uninvested troll like Mephisto or someone else's villain like Nightmare. There's lots of themes that spring forth from his conflict with Wanda, and indeed with Vision (curiousity being a shared trait) and Agatha (parental figure aspect). Wanda triumphing over Chthon and becoming Scarlet Witch would be a truly uplifting, heroic moment.

It's a love story. I think Vision gets to experience humanity fully as a result of Wanda and the pocket dimension, which his death denied him, and, as his final act of love, helps Wanda embrace her new destiny as a witch. It has the potential to be a genuinely touching love story as well as a "heroine's journey". This is very likely going to celebrate a relationship the comic's editors have been denigrating for decades, which maybe why there have been no tie-ins from the comics division, Brevoort perhaps stubborn as ever.
    I still don't understand the comics division. They want her to move on, but also keep her stuck in limbo. She has a relationship I'd like to see explored, but they don't bother. I feel like MaximoffTrash said, that she's basically functionally dead and has been for a while. It's frustrating. I keep hoping tv/movies change that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I still don't understand the comics division. They want her to move on, but also keep her stuck in limbo. She has a relationship I'd like to see explored, but they don't bother. I feel like MaximoffTrash said, that she's basically functionally dead and has been for a while. It's frustrating. I keep hoping tv/movies change that.
    Clearly someone at Marvel has a grudge against her, same with Jan

BANNED

I was browsing twitter and found that geoff Thorne thinks Wanda was right:

Thorne_Identity
    @GeoffThorne
    ·
    22 min
    I also think Wanda was right. Fans have opinions. Writers have work to do.

Some of y'all need to learn the difference between fan-speak and pro-speak. Because there really, really is one.
    https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...00211823390723

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I was browsing twitter and found that geoff Thorne thinks Wanda was right:

Thorne_Identity
    @GeoffThorne
    ·
    22 min
    I also think Wanda was right. Fans have opinions. Writers have work to do.

Some of y'all need to learn the difference between fan-speak and pro-speak. Because there really, really is one.
    https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...00211823390723
    Right about what? The "No More Mutants" thing ?

I hate to say this I only find Wanda even the slightest bit interesting when she's interacting with mutants these days. All her magic shit, is so uninteresting to me part of the reason I feel her solo flopped is because it focused on all the wrong shit. Remender Wanda was such an unapologetic bitch and I loved it say what you will but that Wanda was no victim and was able to stand on her own I kind of fucks with it. Wanda vs Mutants is the only way I see her getting back some relevance in the comics I hope to hell they go that route that's better than being an invisible teacher at Strange's knockoff school for gifted youngsters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Right about what? The "No More Mutants" thing ?
    yes, that is the image he put on the tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hate to say this I only find Wanda even the slightest bit interesting when she's interacting with mutants these days. All her magic shit, is so uninteresting to me part of the reason I feel her solo flopped is because it focused on all the wrong shit. Remender Wanda was such an unapologetic bitch and I loved it say what you will but that Wanda was no victim and was able to stand on her own I kind of fucks with it. Wanda vs Mutants is the only way I see her getting back some relevance in the comics I hope to hell they go that route that's better than being an invisible teacher at Strange's knockoff school for gifted youngsters.
    I dont care about mutants and Wanda, she was barely on x-men comics. I think it was great that it focused on magic and on her mother. Comics usually just show fathers, Wanda going on a journey of self discovery.
    I dont think it was a complete flop or it wouldnt even ast 6 issues
    Last edited by baxer; 12-07-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That just made her come off really unlikable and, frankly, out of character.

I have ALWAYS thought that magic is a subject that is REALLY hard to explain when it comes to storytelling. I think that's why science fiction is so dominant in popular culture and that fantasy is often not as prominent (Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Chronicles of Narnia being some notable exceptions). For example, I just recently watched a fascinating and engaging documentary on physics titled Einstein and Hawking: Unlocking the Universe. Brilliants minds without a doubt. But what I noticed is that two of the people featured in the program included Sean Carroll and Kip Thorne. I later found out that Sean Carroll was a scientific consultant on Avengers: Endgame. And I also discovered that Kip Thorne advised Christopher Nolan for the movie Tenet. Science fiction stories can be ludicrous, but they still can be grounded in REAL science. That makes them more authentic in my view. Magic and fantasy are tricky. Like, will the producers of Doctor Strange 2 hire Penn & Teller and David Blaine to advise them on the magical aspects of that movie? That wouldn't work. So Wanda, Brother Voodoo, Doctor Strange, Clea, and Wong sometimes are hard to understand because of the fantasy nature of their characters. However, I dislike Wanda's mutant stories because they are really boring and melodramatic.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-08-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That just made her come off really unlikable and, frankly, out of character.
    What character though the only Wanda I know pre Remender is House of M too A VS X and that one was just an emotionally unstable dumpster fire or a victim neither was appealing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I have ALWAYS thought that magic is a subject that is REALLY hard to explain when it comes to storytelling. I think that's why science fiction just is so dominant in popular culture and that fantasy is often not as prominent (Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Chronicles of Narnia being some notable exceptions). For example, I just recently watched a fascinating and engaging documentary on physics titled Einstein and Hawking: Unlocking the Universe. Brilliants minds without a doubt. But what I noticed is that two of the people featured in the program included Sean Carroll and Kip Thorne. I later found out that Sean Carroll was a scientific consultant on Avengers: Endgame. And I also discovered that Kip Thorne advised Christopher Nolan for the movie Tenet. Science fiction stories can be ludicrous, but they still can be grounded in REAL science. That makes them more authentic in my view. Magic and fantasy is tricky. Like, will the producers of Doctor Strange 2 hire Penn & Teller and David Blaine to advise them on the magical aspects of that movie? That wouldn't work. So Wanda, Brother Voodoo, Doctor Strange, Clea, and Wong sometimes are hard to understand because of the fantasy nature of their characters. However, I dislike Wanda's mutant stories because they are really boring and melodramatic.
    harry Potter is huge and was all about magic.

I never been a big fan of magic, to speak the truth. I'm more science fictions

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    harry Potter is huge and was all about magic.

I never been a big fan of magic, to speak the truth. I'm more science fictions
    For fuck's sake! Thank you so much for reminding me about Harry Potter. For some reason I keep forgetting about that franchise. Shame on me! I like science fiction and fantasy both, but I do enjoy science fiction stories because of the ethical and moral themes that are often a part of them. Fantasy stories are much too black and white, good versus evil to me sometimes. For some reason I find Star Wars to be just magic in space. I really enjoy Star Trek because their stories are about how to deal with technology and different cultures.

I prefer Wanda in the Avengers because she gets to be part of the mythical, cosmic, scientific, fantasy and even street level worlds on a regular basis. She's not pigeonholed there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-07-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    For fuck's sake! Thank you so much for reminding me about Harry Potter. For some reason I keep forgetting about that franchise. Shame on me! I like science fiction and fantasy both, but I do enjoy science fiction stories because of the ethical and moral themes that are often a part of them. Fantasy stories are much too black and white, good versus evil to me sometimes. For some reason I find Star Wars to be just magic in space. I really enjoy Star Trek because their stories are about how to deal with technology and different cultures.

I prefer Wanda in the Avengers because she gets to be part of the mythical, cosmic, scientific, fantasy and even street level worlds on a regular basis. She's not pigeonholed there.
    You also forgot Percy Jackson