Page 233 of 271 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well good then don't try to make it seem like I alone hate the story.
    I never said that so where you got the idea this was ever about you is beyond me but whatever. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I never said that so where you got the idea this was ever about you is beyond me but whatever. *shrugs*
    When you state that it's my opinion alone, when even coming here casually you'd know isn't even true.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

The reason the story is bad is it ignored all canon for the character before. She had already remembered her kids. She didn't need Wasp to remind her of that. It was already something she worked through.

So for Wanda fans, we saw a sudden reset button without explanation of point a to b. And a story that is focused more on other characters. Wanda is in a coma for most of it. And she also wasn't present until the end pf AD.

It destroyed the character permanently. She's never recovered.
    I get what you're saying, but isn't Wanda kind of a fragile and flawed character? I mean that is canon that was used with that story. She has an immense powerset and a fragile mind. She is an awesome character, but is it anything new that the Avengers would have to be a bit more careful around her?

I'm just saying eventually a story like this was gonna revolve around her eventually. The signs were there that she would be the Avengers greatest enemy. This was before even Avengers Dissassembled. Its the where do we go from here with the character. Her not being a mutant anymore was not the way to go. Being a High Evolutionary failed test subject isn't doing anything for the character.

When you state that it's my opinion alone, when even coming here casually you'd know isn't even true.
    Again never said that but whatever *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I get what you're saying, but isn't Wanda kind of a fragile and flawed character? I mean that is canon that was used with that story. She has an immense powerset and a fragile mind. She is an awesome character, but is it anything new that the Avengers would have to be a bit more careful around her?

I'm just saying eventually a story like this was gonna revolve around her eventually. The signs were there that she would be the Avengers greatest enemy. This was before even Avengers Dissassembled. Its the where do we go from here with the character. Her not being a mutant anymore was not the way to go. Being a High Evolutionary failed test subject isn't doing anything for the character.
    Not before 2005. She had a couple stories of possession. But so does every hero. The fragile mind was a Bendis invention.

It only happened because Bendis wanted his own Avengers team, and Marvel wanted the number of mutants reduced.

Again never said that but whatever *shrugs*
    Bad writing to you I actually thought it was an interesting read here and there like I said it wasn't the best but it had potential IMO I understood her narrative perfectly her kids were dead and she lost her mind from grief & under the manipulations of her brother made a world were people she loved at the time could be happy simple really *shrugs*

And I do have an idea hence why I stated it so feel free to speak for yourself and yourself alone, that being said it's just a theory but IMO it holds validity.
    Yea I'm imagining things I guess. You both know what is good for this character and why exactly she's not in the books right now.

And even though this group has had this discussion a few times, general consensus is, HoM did not treat her well. And none of us know for sure why she's not there right now.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-08-2020 at 04:12 PM.

It was bad writing. How was it good? It didn't even give her narrative. We don't know why they don't have her in comics. And you don't have any better of an idea than we do.
    This is what I was responding to you said we had no Idea why she was in the books I did have an Idea so I said speak for yourself it's a general statement. You said House of M was bad I said "to you" as in I disagree another general statement and expressed my opinion. It's not that deep get over yourself.

This is what I was responding to you said we had no Idea why she was in the books I did have an Idea so I said speak for yourself it's a general statement. You said House of M was bad I said "to you" as in I disagree another general statement and expressed my opinion. It's not that deep get over yourself.
    No idea means we don't know the facts, unless you can provide some proof here. This isn't about me, it's about Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I'm actually fine with them retconning no more mutants I will say if they do it hopefully it's better than, "Doom did it" which had no merrit and comes off as a cop out. Ultimately it just needs to be addressed once and for all so she can move forward.
    Well, "Doom did it" makes more sense than "Wanda did it." Wiping out mutants is something Dr. Doom would do if he thought it would help him; it's not something Wanda would ever do. I don't really care much one way or the other, though. The fact that Marvel has never bothered to come up with a plausible retcon of "No more mutants" shows how little they care about Wanda as a character, but I'd rather they just moved on and stopped mentioning the story. It has nothing to do with her as a character.

The less a reader knows about Wanda, the better a Wanda story it is. Almost nothing about her in the story lines up with any previous comics - she didn't have near-omnipotent power; she wasn't raised by Magneto and didn't think he "abandoned" her; she wasn't ashamed of being a mutant and actually was a more "out-and-proud" mutant than the X-Men (who all had secret identities); etc. - but that's not really important for a reader who hasn't encountered the character in many previous comics, and House of M wasn't aimed at longtime Avengers readers.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the story for what it is, but a thread full of Scarlet Witch fans is not going to be as forgiving of its mistakes, and we're certainly not going to think she needs to have a story about the people she hurt - because we know the story got everything wrong about the character, so it doesn't count, just like if Batman did one story where he mowed people down with a machine gun, that wouldn't count either.

And you can't say "well, it happened, therefore it counts," because House of M contradicted decades of other stories with the character, and those stories count too. We just have to pick which stories we choose to "believe."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel Realm of Champions Battleworld Sorceress Supreme combining Wanda and Stephen's costumes.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Marvel Realm of Champions Battleworld Sorceress Supreme combining Wanda and Stephen's costumes.

That's pretty amazing! Is she any relation to them?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That's pretty amazing! Is she any relation to them?
    Not that I know of. This is the first time I've seen her and many of the other characters in any RoC video, so I guess we'll have to wait for her backstory.

Edit: I like the gold trim on her wimple and the rune-like stitching on her cloak. Makes me think 616 Wanda could add something like those to her costume.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not that I know of. This is the first time I've seen her and many of the other characters in any RoC video, so I guess we'll have to wait for her backstory.
    Well thank you for posting! I will look into her character. The games introduce some interesting things. I just never have the time to play them all.

More like a fan that has liked more in the MCU than disliked so willing to give it the chance it's earned. If things change, I can easily go watch other things.
    Sure. I think Maury will still be on the air for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sure. I think Maury will still be on the air for a while.
    Oh geez lol. I don't think I've seen regular tv in quite some time.